• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

op wrenchlet confirmed again. many such cases, SO SAD

2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

there are clutches in automagics

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

For some unknown reason we abandoned perfectly viable CVTs in favor of emulating an inferior platform

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

erhm... like.... what's the joke?

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I guess the joke is that the dirty guy is speaking to the viewer while the clerk is speaking to the dirty guy?

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>be me
    >enter oreilly autoparts
    >hello i need a fuel filter for a jetta
    >thick mexican accent cashier seems actively angry he has to look something up
    >slamming keys, aggressively punches in my car info
    >yells at guy in the back to come help him out
    >guy in back says hes on the phone
    >angry mexican guy does a chris chan stress sigh
    >goes back into the shelves to go find fuel filter
    >sets it on the counter and glares at me while i run my card
    >doesnt say a word to me as the receipt print and i leave
    idk where they find these workers but somehow the stress of working in an autoparts store and helping a single customer was too much for that guy

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

you can tell which stores pay their staff well. the good ones have the old timers that know a car like the back of their hand and seem to be walking encyclopedias of part numbers

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>be me
      >go to freindly local parts store in the scottish highlands
      >not even from the highlands, I'm a lowland boy
      >fella at the counter is a massive bear of a man, huge beard, at least 6'7
      >"alright mate I need about 3 feet of 3/16 vaccuum line"
      >he stares at me for a couple seconds and then says "I'll be right back"
      >30 seconds later he comes back with 3 lenghts of fuel line
      >"we don't have any imperial line but I've got 6mm, 7mm and 8mm ID lines"
      >3/16 is 4.7mm
      >buy the 6mm and some hose clamps because I actually really need this line, the vac advnace on my carb had split
      >he knocks the VAT (sales tax) of it for me because it's not the right part
      >"if it doesn't fix it just bring it back and I'll refund you fully mate"
      God I love FLPS

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

That reminds me of this old foreign auto parts store I'd go to for my inline six Benz. Those dudes were friendly and real as all can be. They had the ancient beige computers with CRT monitors and catalog books propped up on wooden stands and they would locate the most obscure parts easily.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

The crusty independent shops really are the best.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

I don't really go to brick and mortar unless I'm buying cheap bullshit from Halfords but I like this country has so many online parts suppliers for classic cars and bikes operating from some industrial estate and that there's probably a very specific web 1.0 site webmastered by big Gaz dedicated to that make and model.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Did it fix it?

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

it got me home but I swapped it out for the correct line a few days later

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>be me
      >use oreily's parts for my shop
      >know all the employees
      >when they deliver parts they usually hang out for 20min and we just bullshit
      >let's me use customers parts warranties for my own car
      >they warranty my shit out even if I didn't buy it through them as long as they carry the same brand
      it's pretty based honestly.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

sorry the wage slave didn't give you a complimentary bj

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

It probably does suck pretty bad. I remember talking to one O'Reilly's employee and he said they were always excited to turn rotors because it meant they got to go in the back for 20 minutes or so and that it's nice and quite, besides the machine.

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

honda autos used to use a clutch per gear.

6. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>be le me
    >le need le car part
    >herpaderparebbit
    >???
    >order it from rock auto

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

braps

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I mean I get it, but you could also be asking for a clutch kit that goes inside of an automatic.
    jokes on you gaygio

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

honda autos used to use a clutch per gear.

there are clutches in automagics

They don't call those clutch kits, notools. Either you're buying a full rebuild kit or you're buying the friction plates on their own. There's no such thing as a "automatic transmission clutch kit."

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

ZF calls, or rather used to call them "forward clutch packs".
        4HP22 were notorious for burning out the "A forward clutch packs"

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

So, you're telling me that it's not called a clutch kit?

9. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>Hi, I need a lower radiator hose from a 2014 Cadillac Escalade
    >Okay, would that be RWD or AWD?
    >I don't fricking know, do I look like I drive Escalade? Just get me the part and I'll tell you if it's the shape I need or not

10. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>hi there I'm looking for a drive belt
    >for what car sir?
    >no specific car, just a 24" v-belt
    >sorry sir, I would need a car or parts number to look that up

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

when i worked at the parts store they didn't tell us anything except greet, ask what car and what part, go get it. and ofc the usual upscaling. they also have rockauto and competitors blocked on the network so you can't help find obscure parts for the customer.
      anyways, one day i was bored and looking at the belts and noticed the part numbers had the length in inches and the number of ribs separated by a letter "K". Don't know why it took me fricking around in the back looking for patterns to figure it out, I wish I was told this.
      Shortly after I was able to successfully help a guy who needed a belt shorter than the OE size for his truck that had a deleted A/C compressor. I would've been lost if I didn't know the length and ribs embedded in the part number.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

I work in an auto parts store, and we get people coming in for the most moronic things
      >lawn mower parts
      >gasoline powered bicycle parts
      >light bulbs for microwaves
      >replacement parts for camping trailers
      >parts for farm implements
      >parts for antique tractors
      They get all confused when I tell them I can't help them. Like the place that carries braked pads for their car should also have blades and replacement factory ignition switches for their Toro "I don't know what model it is, does it make a difference? It's just a mower"

• 6 days ago
        Anonymous

well to be fair at least my local O'Reilly's does advertise that they have ag equipment parts. although idk if by that they just mean generic hydraulic and rubber hoses.

for mower plugs I just grab one that looks the same, I don't even bother cross checking part numbers.

• 6 days ago
          Anonymous

I'm so sorry D:
          except for botters, frick you

11. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

why is he looking at me

12. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I never an experience at an auto parts store like these boomer comics imply

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Same, I seem to get all the competent parts peoples. I also try to explain what I'm looking for as best as possible.

13. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

cheeky

14. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

I just looked up 15 different automatics on Rock Auto and all of them have "clutch plate pack" kits as a replacement part.

You're all dumb.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

Ah yes you see, according to autists a "clutch pack" isn't the same as a "clutch kit" for reasons.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *