m2

I want one so badly
how dumb would it be to take a loan and buy one

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

really dumb. The electronic steering is awful. Get a 4 cylinder version (228i / 230i) and tune it. The 6 cylinder has too much weight over the front axle. Save yourself $50k
    https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicle/713704443?city=Beverly%20Hills&listingType=USED&makeCode=BMW&modelCode=BMW228I&newSearch=false&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fbmw%2F228i%2Fbeverly-hills-ca%3FnewSearch%3Dtrue%26searchRadius%3D0%26zip%3D90210&searchRadius=50&state=CA&transmissionCode=MAN&clickType=listing

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>inline poor
      no thanks

can you afford taxes insurance and maintenance + occasional breakdown ?

taxes, insurance are basically nothing here
      maintenance I dont know, but considering I spent 3k euros on maintanance on my n52 these past 6 months, I think I can afford it
      my mom bought a 2019 rav4 and she can get an extended warranty for it, I am hoping there is such thing for bmws as well

like it doesnt have to be an M2, I just want a 2 door inline 6 thats new-ish, I love my n52 but the chassis is old as frick at this point and tons of shit needs fixing constantly

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

if you only want a straight 6 don't buy an M2
        a 235i / 240i will be cheaper and more reliable

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>needs a loan for a 6-cylinder
        >doesn’t see the irony of saying “inline poor” as a poorgay

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>not taking loans for everything
          ngmi

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>28i and 30i are now 4 cylinders
      bros...

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

yeah I saw my neighbor in a 330e and I tough I would hear some l6 noise but nope
        4 cylinder 2.0l hybrid ...

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Wait, they kept the name 330e for that? Lol bmw

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the numbers mean nothing now

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

can you afford taxes insurance and maintenance + occasional breakdown ?

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

do it. i bought one and i couldn't be happier with the performance of the vehicle, the chassis on that thing is ridiculously sharp. the maintenance is not that bad if you work on it yourself, just a pita to work on some stuff. if you get one make sure it has been properly maintain, because if it wasn't your gonna be spending a pretty penny sorting everything out. also if your gonna track the car make sure you ppf the front bumper, i didn't and after 3 seasons my front bumper is looking pretty chew up. overall, after over 3 years of ownership this is one of the few vehicles I've own that still puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>just a pita to work on some stuff
      like what?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

for example spark plugs. you gotta remove the rear, front carbon fiber strut bars, cowl and engine cover just to get to the last spark plugs. also to disassemble the shocks you'll need special passthrough sockets for the front that some how doesn't fit the rear, that had to be the most frustrating bump stop replacement i have ever done. and am sure there's more shit ill encounter in the future.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

wow man, you have to remove the engine cover to change the spark plugs? that's crazy.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the engine cover is the only easy part of that process. the rest fricking blows.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

it's not that big of a deal. i have to r&r the DMEs on mine to access the plugs but you're not in there that often and it's only an extra 30 min or so.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

that's cool. but that is not an s55 engine anon.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

my point is that it's more difficult to work on and it's still not a big deal.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Like everything that leaks, which is everything.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

NTA but let's assume I'm just going to buy a new M2 and trade it in before I ever have to repair anything. Thoughts on it then?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You are going to lose a lot of value on the trade in.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

you can do that, i just prefer the f87 to the new g87. and since i don't plan on swapping mine anytime soon, i gotta do the work on it myself.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Trading right now is moron and the only lens getting traded in have problems. Buy private and low ball just above trade in

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why do I see so many nubians driving these?

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>financing a deprecating asset

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

imagine buying things

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I unironically can't.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *