M235i - Convince me not to get one please?

M235i - Convince me not to get one please DA . I hate bmw's but it mogs everything in it's bracket.

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

don't get it.
    please. thank you!

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I already typed this out. It’s got proprietary suspension that they basically run on the M2 when it got thr green light. It’s missing the DCT and a forged crank. Otherwise it’s pretty much an M2.

The down side is the 2 series’s isn’t as nice as a 3 let alone a 5 and so they can rattle around 80k miles.

But yeah they’re a steal for the prices they go for right now.

>waterpump
    >thermo
    >oil well housing

Not many other issues.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Wanted to occasionally track, never had a turbo car before though. Heard turbos are bad on track

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The turbos used to be a challenge but these N55 engines have boost early and it behaves close to an ice engine.

>Convince me not to get one
        It has McDonald's struts on all 4 corners. Corollas have the same suspension.

Correct though !

>Otherwise it’s pretty much an M2.
        it's not dude, the m2 got a different engine, transmission, chassis, brakes, etc. is a complete different car.

The M235i was intended to be the top trim 2 series but the 1M got hype going and bmw execs green lit the least M M car of all time, the M2. It had an N55 just like the M235i and it shares suspension save for the aluminum control arms to help balance the car.

The M2 in competition trim is more of the ‘true M’ version of the car as it had the S55 engine from the M3 and reworked suspension.

Not that I think the M2 vanilla has bad suspension. The latest M competition models are too stiff for even some US top tier tracks. They’re good for CotA and Nurburgring GP and too stiff for most other tracks let alone the road.

The suspension isn't the issue with these (or the m240i), it's the lack of LSD. Before you think about putting any more power through it (which most aftermarket owners at least consider), get an LSD.

They are very quick in a straight line and decent enough handling. Brakes are good. Steering isn't brilliant, but it isn't in any of the competition either. Don't think of it as a M competitor, it isn't, but they are great cars. Do not get a manual because the autos are much better, unless the manual is thousands cheaper.

That’s true, LSD >>>>>> brake vectoring

>It’s got proprietary suspension that they basically run on the M2
        No it doesn't. The standard damping on an M235i or M240i is absolutely dogshit, you'd genuinely struggle to keep up with a Golf GTI or Fiesta ST on any surface that's not silky smooth.
        You need coilovers and anti-roll bars as a minimum and preferably an LSD.

I know for a fact with my own eyeballs in a car on a track you are wrong

>The suspension isn't the issue with these (or the m240i)
        It really is, the dampers have terrible rebound control so the smallest bump feels like it can throw you off the road. Same with the F30s

Kind of true, but that extends to most of these cars that aren’t the M4 competition
        The 235i doesn’t share suspension with the 3/435i

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>It had an N55 just like the M235i.
          it does, but even the n55 on the og m2 (n55b30t0) is completely different from the m235 (n55b30O0). i had the pleasure of working on both cars and mechanically, although similar, both cars have a different philosophy. i will say that the m235 is more of a daily and the m2 is more of a track capable car right out of the box. and yes, the m2c is as stiff as a brick!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Otherwise it’s pretty much an M2.
      it's not dude, the m2 got a different engine, transmission, chassis, brakes, etc. is a complete different car.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

dumb frick

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Black personhomosexual!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

he's right you know
        drive both back to back and the steering and brakes will be way better in the m2

that being said OP, do it
        its a solid platform and it can be modified easily to your needs

what country are you in OP?
        in the UK these are often mileage blocked and tuned so take a close look when buying

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Tuned ones are pretty easy to spot and avoid, they usually have some tacky aesthetic mods plus it's like the first thing they list in the description ussually lol.

Any tips or obvious stuff to spot mileage blocked ones? The thing I'm dreading is having to buy a car from a "bmw" driver 🙁
          and yh i'm UK based

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I havent compared them but firstly the m2 has a wider track so obv many suspension parts are different. Also the m2 differential is better than the optional lsd on the 235

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>It’s got proprietary suspension that they basically run on the M2
      No it doesn't. The standard damping on an M235i or M240i is absolutely dogshit, you'd genuinely struggle to keep up with a Golf GTI or Fiesta ST on any surface that's not silky smooth.
      You need coilovers and anti-roll bars as a minimum and preferably an LSD.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Originally wanted an 86/brz, bigger than miata and has back seats (not a deal breaker but nice to have on occasion as a daily). Dunno how it is in the states but here in bongland they're the same price if not more than the m235i (£10k+) they also have fricking glass engines. Checked out performance of similar sports cars in that kinda price and not much older than a decade, the m235i is faster in pretty much everyway while also being the most practical. Before you say mustang I alreadfy checked, it's double the price, I wish br/o/s 🙁

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Convince me not to get one
    It has McDonald's struts on all 4 corners. Corollas have the same suspension.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you mean to tell me my corolla is actually a bmw when thrown into reverse?
      hell YEAH BROTHER

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

But doesn't the 86/frs get memed on for having the same mcdonald's struts? Doesn't it get praised for it's "handling"

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Only in the front and while it does get praise for its "handling", it would have been even better with double wishies all round

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It has double wishbone front and independent multilink rear, comes with a manual and a 3 liter inline 6, kinda pigfat (1500 kg-ish) but exceptionally light for a modern car, and doesn't look like yet another safetyslop or chinkshit big grirre design
      It's an easy buy IMO, and I hate BMWs except the E30
      All modern cars are unreliable soulless slop, might aswell get one with fun specs

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>not the m240 with the v6
    Cylinderlet

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I can't remember the last time bmw did a V6 bro. Also they're both straight 6's.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

BMW gays dont know shit about their own cars.
        One guy with Z4 told me he has V4 inside, and another guy with 3 series didnt know if he had timing chain or belt. But they for sure knew all little, cosmetic differences between updated versions.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Just because some npc has bought a bmw doesnt make them a “bmw gay”

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>I can't remember the last time bmw did a V6
        literally never.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Lack of steering feel because of EPS from a time when BMW was just introducing it

Otherwise the only thing I would look at is a E92 M3 or a 370Z.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Used 911.
      You can get a lightly used twin turbo G70 for around the same price.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I thought the N55 cars don't have electric power steering.

My early N55 powered E92 doesn't at least. Maybe they changed that with the newer ones.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The suspension isn't the issue with these (or the m240i), it's the lack of LSD. Before you think about putting any more power through it (which most aftermarket owners at least consider), get an LSD.

They are very quick in a straight line and decent enough handling. Brakes are good. Steering isn't brilliant, but it isn't in any of the competition either. Don't think of it as a M competitor, it isn't, but they are great cars. Do not get a manual because the autos are much better, unless the manual is thousands cheaper.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>The suspension isn't the issue with these (or the m240i)
      It really is, the dampers have terrible rebound control so the smallest bump feels like it can throw you off the road. Same with the F30s

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Mashallah habibi bimmers are Imam approved. Our imam at the mosque has a gorgeous BMW.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

post ur car
      >protip: u wont

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

There is more to driving than the 0-60 time you see in the spec sheet, anon.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *