Manuals are not fun to drive

It's a chore constantly switching between gears. Manual transmissions have their applications (like racing) but for 99% of people you're better off getting an automatic, it'll make your life easier and you'll thank yourself later.

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

no one cares, homosexual

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Struck a nerve, did I? Thanks for bumping anyway...

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

T56 was fun in traffic for about 5yrs in my mid 20s now i got 35yo achey knees and cbf sold it went back to zf6 and 5sp

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

He's getting ready to give Alanis a Doug score

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

joint problems in your 30s would be caused by poor habits, a lack of exercise (BALANCED muscle exercise - a strong upper arm and relatively weaker lower arm is prime cause of many outer elbow tendonitis cases), and inappropriate or lack of warmups and joint stretches.
      It's, statistically at least, generally impossible for someone in their 30s to have legitimate joint issues without some type of real permanent injury i.e. bone breaks that weren't or couldn't be fully habilitated.
      so
      >muh knees
      sit on the floor and do those toe touching stretches the gymnasts do. I develop knee aches if I simrace way too much way too often, hamstring stretches makes it disappear immediately (but it also means I'm over conditioning the calves and not working the thighs enough)

Outside of constant work related repetitive OVER EXERTION or real physical injuries (aside from genetic arthritis issues), nobody in their 30s should have real joint problems.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

No i mean i always had clicky knees even skinny family thing even good diet

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

you sound like a goddam b***h
    autos are worse to drive than a manual in everyway
    >one leg does all the work
    >second leg does nothing, becomes weak, and restless
    >constantly switching from brake to gas
    >brake pedal has to be depressed a decent amount to stop it from creeping forward
    >cant take both feet off the pedals to rest because its always creeping forward
    >pick 2nd gear, slushbox goes back to 1st after you stop because frick you
    >going 8mph in 5th gear cause economy, takes days to downshift to 2nd when you want to accelerate
    fluid coupling is the worst thing to happen in engineering

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

this. i drive a manual to and from work and its fine in city traffic but absolutely sucks when you need to drive on the highway or when you need to merge, the 'box constantly forgets its supposed to be changing gears, and it sometimes jerks suddenly if you clip the brake pedal (because the brake pedal on auto cars is huge)

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

frick im reatrded, i meant i drive an auto to and from work lol.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>this thread again
          if you hated driving in peak hour traffic a manual won't change that. if you were indifferent to it, a manual also won't change that. some of us play a game where we pick a gear and see how long we can crawl at idle speed for, without ever touching any of the pedals. it also has the side effect of eliminating that bullshit stop-start accordion effect which is what adds to the congestion in the first place.

was gonna say wtf you were on about jej. but how are you managing to accidentally hit the brake pedal on an auto? the pedal is wider, but your left foot is meant to just sit on the footrest. is there not enough space between the side of the pedal and the side of the footwell?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I used to have this kind of opinion when my car was a 2009 focus. The automatic in that thing was slow to shift and moronic. I always used to wish I could pick my own gears because it was never in the gear I wanted. But then I got a new A5 afterwards, having the tiptronic automatic with manual gear selection mode. But when I started driving that car, I never used the manual mode and never wished I could, because the automatic transmission was way better than I was.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>cant take both feet off the pedals
      m8 just go into park and engage the parking brake lmao

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

you know autos have a neutral AND park gear right

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>second leg does nothing, becomes weak, and restless
      >constantly switching from brake to gas
      >brake pedal has to be depressed a decent amount to stop it from creeping forward
      >cant take both feet off the pedals to rest because its always creeping forward
      you can drive with the left foot on brakes, just takes a little practice to get used to the sensitivity

>pick 2nd gear, slushbox goes back to 1st after you stop because frick you
      >going 8mph in 5th gear cause economy, takes days to downshift to 2nd when you want to accelerate
      non-issues on a CVT

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>left foot on brakes
        KYS
        >CVT
        KYS more

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Pretty much this. Recently swapped the auto trans for a manual on my vintage pony car and it's been a joy to drive. My usual daily driver is a GM truck with a an automatic and it has all these issues. For awhile I was renting a CVT car and it solved exactly zero problems while the truck was in the shop, and my other occasional car is a manual hatch that doesn't get out much because it's a temperament piece of shit Italian PoS from the 80s that won't stay running worth a shit but it's fun when it does and when it does it sure beats the ever loving shit out of driving the slushbox GMC. I fricking hate autotragics.

https://i.imgur.com/SoPM9M2.jpg

It's a chore constantly switching between gears. Manual transmissions have their applications (like racing) but for 99% of people you're better off getting an automatic, it'll make your life easier and you'll thank yourself later.

Go trade your car for a bus pass, /n/igger

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yeah but doesn't the Buick Invicta come in manual? I bet it'd be pleasant to drive then!

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

race cars don't even use traditional clutched manuals, they use sequentials, which are basically an automatic with a slapshifter. the main people driving 3 pedal cars are poor people in third world countries that can't afford the automatic transmission upgrade (why do you think they call them 'standard' transmissions).

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Uhh, sequentials are manuals, just with a different shift pattern/mechanism. You can absolutely float/powershift an H pattern, it's just harder. If you said dual clutch with paddles, you'd be correct.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Standard for morons

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>wahhh muh leg muh stop start traffic
    never got this, i was never bothered by holding my clutch in for extended periods.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Manuals are not fun to drive if you don't even like driving in the first place.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

wrong. I disliked driving for a long time but the only thing that was even somewhat enjoyable for me in driving was shifting gears.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

after a year of driving manual you wont even think about changing gears

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>It's a chore
    driving is a chore, ride the bus

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Manual transmissions have their applications (like racing)
    That hasn't been true for over 20 years. These days the only manuals that are racing are historics and manual-only cope leagues for amateur competitors.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

jannies should all be hanged
    you don't even have a manual option anymore with 99% of cars made in the last 20 years

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They have just been memed so hard for so long, nuboomers will parrot how great manuals are until they die. Just like actual boomers and carbs

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I wish CVTs were more reliable, they really are better when they're actually working properly. In the 90s they were banned from F1 after Williams started testing laps with it like 0.5sec faster (an eternity in f1). If F1 never banned them, they probably would have been better developed and a lot more reliable today. Crying shame

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Don't care. I prefer to tell the car and the engine to do exactly what I want and when I want it.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I only think of it as a chore when I'm driving a car with a heavy-feeling clutch on a big city and get stuck in traffic.

Since I live on a small city, I have a lot of fun switching gears, since I can do it as I enjoy the rest of the car. Going at speed on a tight route is really fun too.

I get why people would rather have an auto though. I'd even get one myself if I had to move to a bigger city (no cvt though).

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If I ever rent a standard, in going to drive it with the clutch half way and in the lowest gear.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Just admit to yourself you can't drive a stick, it's ok, not everyone has the coordination to master it. Personally i'm never switching to an automatic.

18. 1 month ago
    Sage

It's a chore because you are a no life, dyel homosexual transgender

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

you know anon, i was considering your point the other day while driving my 2023 manual WRX. the unfortunate situation in my case is that there is no alternative for my car. All they did was make the "auto" a CVT. If they made the WRX is a 7 speed DSG, a real one, or a DCT i'd trade my manual in a fricking heartbeat.

>t. 2023 wrx driver

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

At this stage of troony development, people who prefer manuals to good automatics are the same type of people who run barefoot because it "feels better" to them despite there being multiple very clear downsides for basically no benefit
    If you like it then fine, just don't pretend like they're objectively better in any way or even subjectively better in most people's eyes

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>multiple very clear downsides
      Like what?

Inb4 glass and sharp shit.
      Live somewhere nicer, gay.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

running barefoot fixes your form and it's way better for fricked feet than all the scam shoes

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I disagree and you seem gay.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Driving is a chore. OP should take the bus.

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Never forget automatics were made for dumb women

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This is a car enthusiast board, who cares about 99% of drivers?

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I've recently bought a certain das auto manual and the only sort of kind of regret I have is that I didn't go for the dsg auto.
    The manual is nice, but the dsg is so much quicker and smoother and it has higher gearing and seven gears making long distance highway driving a much nicer and quieter experience.
    The downside is that it prefers very low rpms in city driving when not in sport mode.

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Thinking is a chore. 99% of people are better off watching TV or scrolling twitter, it'll make your life easier and you'll thank yourself later.
    I have no foreskin btw.

27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I had manual all my life until 2 years ago I got a Lexus GS, never want a manual again tbh. Gfs car is manual and I don't mind driving it but it's tedious in stop start traffic. Modern diesel manuals have fricked 1st gears also due to emissions homosexualry, ones I've borrowed for work I somehow stall changing first to second, never had that with old cars.

28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

> chore
    It’s second nature unless you’re a b***h.

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You're wrong. Manuals are fun and it sucks for poorgays like myself that they're all being relegated to unaffordable premium trims and sports cars so that femoids and gay little twinks like yourself can have an even easier time stuffing your fat fricking jowls full of fast food or texting while driving.

30. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Most of the world drives manual and dosen’t even give it a second thought
    I think I’ve driven an automatic on only two occasions

31. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I thought race cars went automatic a long time ago.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Considering CVTs were originally designed for F1 racing cars before immediately being banned for being overpowered, you'd be right. I miss the times motorsports were about improving the craft

32. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Having only driven stick for a decade, I'd only do so in future if it allows me to save money. Very old automatics can be problematic maintenance wise, and new ones are still quite expensive compared to my shitbox, but once the time comes I'll have no hesitation to switch.

33. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Under ideal circumstances manual is nicer than auto but life is almost never ideal.
    you live in a city and commute to work - auto
    you're rural - manual
    drive diesel - auto
    offroad - auto

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>you live in a city and commute to work - auto
      i don't even think about shifting anymore really. but it's all dependent on the end user

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I started having problem with my back from all the clutch work, whole leg started going numb.
        Also 2nd gear synchro, linkage bushings, everything gets worn out. Even my clutch fork failed on pivot point, ball cut through the metal from all the friction, crazy shit.
        I wish I moved to auto sooner but I was dumb kid.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>whole leg started going numb
          jesus, that sounds like how carpal tunnel occurs. could be bad posture/seating position

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>offroad - auto

How? The torque / engine breaking options in inclines/declines and weird conditions (or dunes) is highly advantageous, unless the manuals you drove had some weird gearing where crawling at first was a chore

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

idk I have manual 4x4 and hate it. I wish it was auto.

34. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

manual is fun for fun driving and ass otherwise
    maybe do more fun driving?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

how do you like the mustangs
      Are the official races getting enough participation.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

the mustang series is dead but production car sim labs gets a decent amount of rustangs at peak. the car fricks. v8, h pattern, no dentist tcs, drives like a real car.

35. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

manual turns from manhood ritual to humiliation ritual when you turn adult i.e 30yo

36. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

No not like racing. Manual has been phased out because it's shit for racing, just marginally better than a wet automatic.

37. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Autogays get BLACKED.

38. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Hope you guys at least admit sequential/tiptronic etc is superior to all

Downshifting before a turn massively loosens up wheel and eliminates your chances of front wheel slip so you can kinda just yank the wheel at the last second and slingshot around corners and it feels very graceful and efficient

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

t.dentist tcs enjoyer

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I have traction control off

39. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You're just gay

40. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yes it is. You're gay.

41. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I busted my knee up driving auto in traffic. Traffic sucks no matter what. But manual is piss easy to drive in traffic since all you have to use is the clutch.

42. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's an elitist thing and way for unmasculine men to feel like they have something to brag about. No one cares that you drive an arcane piece of shit. Girls will laugh at you if they get in you're car and see you have to manually shift it. They'll think you're fricking with them or doing it pointlessly trying to look cool. We all know it's just because you're a noisegay and like to drop gears to make car go VROOOO!

43. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

is the the manual mode on automatic manual transmission even real manual?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *