Mechanic shortage, you wont be able to get your car fixed

> that sucks i wanted to be a mechanic i guess i need to find another career due to low pay.
Maybe a surgical tech ??

an aging workforce, lower-than-average earning potential and a rising number of older cars.

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nc/charlotte/news/2024/02/06/automechanic-shortage-gtcc----paddyfote

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

CRIME Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

When enough demand is there, pay will rise and attract applicants.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's how it's supposed to work. That's not how it works with the wonders of third world exploitation.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Continuing immigration keeps wages low.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

no, they will just import some to stagnate wages

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They'll just import a few million south americans to keep that from happening.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ya
      IN 2 MORE WEEKS RIGHT?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>mechanic shops dwindle
      >manufacturing quality reaches all time lows
      >demand for maintenance soars
      >only option offered is to sign up for premium repair subscriptions with ads and get your car fixed in 2-3 weeks
      You know I’m right

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mechanics will become a thing of the past, vehicles will be disposable like cellphones. But only the rich will be able to afford their own, you can subscribe and rent one from a fleet.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

yes I always dispose of my car batteries in the ocean just like the cell phones I steal.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I already work on my own car, if you need a mechanic you are moronic, a woman, or incapable of using a search engine.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

A lot of brands post 2020 are pretty hard to work on as a consumer. Software is locked down tight. Requiring a very expensive scanner to program stuff.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

what brands? ford has forscan, toyota has techstream, GM has theirs etc etc... All of those are freely available on the net if you look. Only the GM one requires a bit of monkey business to use if its an older vehicle. Equipment manufacturers are the ones trying to lock stuff down, but I think that has been repealed already.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Fiat chrysler. The bus is locked tight. Can't even change your stereo.

Yes i have pirated techstream but you still can't do everything the dealer can, like re program an immobilizer in an all keys lost situation.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What kind of stupid fricker Black person buys post 2005 globohomosexual infested shit heaps?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Oh really??? Then tell me how fast in rpm your crankshaft is turning when your tachometer reads 3000 rpm?

You dont know shit about theory and operation

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Some startup that prototyped some ugly EV cars and looks shady as frick (I don't want to mention its name here) proposed some sort of DIY maintenance for their clients, with videos and procedures available online and all parts being sent via mail.

It sounds like a good idea for the future.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I live in a city and almost don't go out, so not my problem.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>declare shortage
    >import cheap foreign labor

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All these programs don't address the real issue with the Automotive trade.
    >boomers and older techs not teaching younger people
    >managers not paying older techs to teach the apprentices
    >flat-rate pay structure that only pays mechanics oer vehicle with practically no one on an hourly wage
    >contracts force mechanics to sit around the garage waiting for customers to come in
    >no benefits or pension plans
    >rampant nepotism protects the bad techs and punishes the honest ones

t. Former award winning mechanicggay

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

While you're not wrong, I think you glossed over all of the proprietary scanners, diagnostics and tools required to work on modern cars.
      A DIY guy can't feasibly do many repairs as he would need to invest a lot of money just to read the ECU.
      I mean, even brakes are starting to have all sorts of bs sensors. 12v systems are no longer, it's all canbus.
      Worst of all, more and more engineering is done by jeets so the actual design of software is crap

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm in industrial maintenance and tons of guys switch over, its poaching mechanics left and right. set schedule, better pay, paid hourly, real benefits. You can usually tell the ex automotive techs by their snap-on jackets. some are really good and can do shit like read german electrical schematics, others are pure midwit. Most 2 year degree level trades are full of midwits, though, the American education system has been pushing morons into them for decades.

While you're not wrong, I think you glossed over all of the proprietary scanners, diagnostics and tools required to work on modern cars.
      A DIY guy can't feasibly do many repairs as he would need to invest a lot of money just to read the ECU.
      I mean, even brakes are starting to have all sorts of bs sensors. 12v systems are no longer, it's all canbus.
      Worst of all, more and more engineering is done by jeets so the actual design of software is crap

Its a real arms race to develop new complicated shit before tool companies can make the tools to work on them, I've heard. and since you buy your own tools, YOU will be the one shelling out for them.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Former award winning mechanicggay
      me too, now I work for the manufacturer. $35hr is not uncommon for a newer tech that isn't an idiot. Some techs are $50+ and that is even in relatively low cost of living areas. A good tech can make more than me by the time they get efficiency bonuses.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>boomers not teaching next generation
      A-frickin-men. My dad constantly rags on me for not knowing how to fix shit when he’s never bothered to teach me.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>surgical tech
    Second thread today mentioned this career. Is this some new forced narrative? Going to devry isnt a career for white people.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why won't women work as mechanics?

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Aww frick, I guess we might have to start treating mechanics and paying them like the valuable and skilled tradesmen that they are instead of like some lower class slave to be exploited.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

jews are banning cars so no need for a mechanic anymore.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Like I give a frick. I fix my own shit. This just means the cops won't be able to bother me about inspection stickers. I will tell them to go frick themselves if they do.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *