>mfw there are people here dumb enough to finance a depreciating asset like a car

>mfw there are people here dumb enough to finance a depreciating asset like a car

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

OP is a poorgay confirmed

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

All the poor people I know pay 1500 a month in car payment and insurance, and it's precisely why they seem to stay poor forever.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

WELL I intend to keep the car forever so why would I care for its value tomorrow?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

People here will tell you that you can get a basically new car at 25-50% off. They will say a car magically loses 25% of its value just by driving off the dealer lot, and 50% after 3 years. I don't know if this used to be true in the past, or if it's true in the US, but here in Euroland I can just look at the used car prices and see it fricking isn't.
      First of all unless you buy a Tesla or a Dacia, nobody actually pays the list price, but you generally get a 10-20% discount. And even if you apply the list price that nobody pays, three year old cars are far from 50% of that price.
      In the real world I can either pay 22k for a 2 year old car that somebody has already farted in, or for 25k I can get a brand new one with the exact options and color I want, with a full warranty, where I know the engine will be properly run in.

Then there are the people who say you should just get a 20 year old Toyota for $1500, because it will surely run forever without any expensive maintenance. It has a reliable engine so there is no way that all the shock absorbers and brakes and the clutch will have to be replaced in a year or anything like that.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>where I know the engine will be properly run in.
        Bold statement in 2024.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

How do you mean, do you not have confidence in doing a proper break-in yourself?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nta but just because an engine is new doesn't mean an autist doing an unnecessary break-in will ensure it'll run for 300,000 miles. There are tons of engines that have some achiles heel that causes them to either catastrophically fail or mechanically total out the vehicle. Ford 3v triton, that powerstroke, I think several dodges drop lifters, BMW's vanos system failing, chain guides disintegrating. New doesn't always mean better or even good anymore.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah but you can buy stock and make 300k off it in 30 years is trad if having nothing.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

your grease monkey is farting in your car every chance he gets and his diet is fricked up so they're the wet kind

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I already farted in that new car.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>First of all unless you buy a Tesla or a Dacia, nobody actually pays the list price
        This hasn't been true for years now moron. You're lucky if you can get a car from a traditional dealer at MSRP without 6-10k in dealer add-ons you didn't want these days.

Of course buying new is moronic to begin with because you can literally always get a pre-owned model with a single previous owner who barely used it if you are willing to do any amount of looking.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>MSRP without 6-10k in dealer add-ons
          I don't live in Amerishart and I don't care about Amerishart problems my Black friend

>Of course buying new is moronic to begin with because you can literally always get a pre-owned model with a single previous owner who barely used it if you are willing to do any amount of looking.
          And get maybe a whopping 10% off and now you now it comes with moronic options you didn't want that you still have to pay for

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I'd rather pay $10K more for no reason so I can say I bought new
            Okay moron

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because you paid 70K for a 35K car, that's why you should be concerned.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

but I only paid 7k for my car

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

On fiancnce? What would it have been off finance?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

7k lol I got a great rich friend that hates banks and was fine with giving financing at silly low %

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And without? 6k? 6.5? Whatever the answer is you spent more with financing than without.

Your steam account, bitcoin, and whatever weird collection in your closet isn't increasing in value. Stop larping.

I can think of 500 things increasing in value that I could buy now with the money saved on financing. Pic rel.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

But are those things more important than driving a car that makes you happy? Does happiness not have value?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No material good will make you happy. But financial security for you and your loved ones will.

And what is more, with a solid bedrock in those finances, you can have a steady income stream to pay for those goods you like in the future. What would you choose, 5K on a toy now, or 5K on an investment, which is worth 10k in 5 years, then you can cash in half of it and buy that toy AND keep your 5K investment. Which would you choose?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Putting off happiness for 5 years
            The only valuable thing IS time.
            How many of your cohorts will be dead in 5 years?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I agree, it IS time that is valuable, which is why I do not intent to be enslaved to this financial system for 40 more years, I intend to be out in half that time. A small price to pay for DELAYING your dream car (you still don't have to give it up)

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

My coworker died rich at 42. If you can afford your dream car, do it. Make your own coffee, skip the netflix. Don't delay your dream car too long. Or any dream.
            (Unless of course your dream is unreasonable, then it's just delusion with more steps.)

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Picked a career they hate and contributes nothing to society.
            I want to do my job for the next 40 years because i chose a career that i wouldn't dread waking up to every day like your moron ass.
            >Wants to retire early so he can celebrate old age alone with the other rich pedos.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>No material good will make you happy.
            misleading statement.
            Material goods can help you avoid suffering which amounts to almost the same thing.
            The catch is that there's a huge plateau of diminishing returns on that front. You want as enough material goods to ward off suffering and minimal excess.
            > with a solid bedrock in those finances, you can have a steady income stream to pay for those goods you like in the future.
            5K is not an income stream level investment decision unless you live in Africa or something. You're being very silly. Meanwhile if you have to spend 7-8 hours a week of your life in a car, being miserable the whole time can take a major tool and easily be worth $5,000.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Your own statement is disingenuous and misleading. I am NOT talking about 5k cars. I am talking about dream cars. So unless your dream car is a 2008 Honda civic then you are gonna be looking much higher. I am perfectly fine with 5K on a car.

1) Its an investment to get a job and keep your job
            2) Its an investment to your freedom
            3) Its an investment to keep your family safe and secure
            4) Its an investment into your own health/safety

That is called an expense. Not an investment. Its an expense you must pay to keep many jobs.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I am perfectly fine with 5K on a car
            Cool, but what are you doing on an auto enthusiast board?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The cost of a car is not the thing that demarcates it as good or worthy of enthusiasm.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I am talking about dream cars.
            More like hallucinations. I just followed the chain back up and didn't see anything about dream cars. Just one careless arbitrary claim about paying 70k vs 35k that nobody took seriously.

Do you live at home or do you rent? I can tell by your moronic demeanor you're not a home owner.
            >nooooo, never finance anything!!@!
            [...]
            >recap SOME of your money
            Recoup.
            >but what you are really paying for is a decade of being able to drive a reliable car and you get that.
            You could get the same thing out of a used car that you didn't have to finance though.

>You could get the same thing out of a used car that you didn't have to finance though.
            This is a silly claim to make.
            Just did a quick search on Honda Accords within 30 miles.
            2024 Honda Accord (New) $31,000
            2019 Honda Accord (54k miles), $23,000
            2014 Honda Accord (147k miles), $11,000

That 2014 car is not going to last 8-10 years without problems. The 2019 car at least has a shot. If your financing threshold is $11,000, picking the 2019 car is very close to the tradeoff the other anon articulated.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>No material good will make you happy.
            So what you're saying is you're not... enthusiastic about automobiles
            Almost as if you're not a, how to phrase it, "car enthusiast"

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

takes an average 7 years to double your investment. NO index is paying 20%
            The moron cope logic of wait half a decade to but a 4 wheeler because you could have invest that money into the market is Pure israelite programming.
            Spend 5k and get some friends and you'll see material possessions you enjoy and time spent with other people is far more valuable.
            morons like you think you know how to invest but barely manage to beat inflation over 5 years. Keep giving your money to Banks and exchanges i'm sure they can spend it better than you anyways.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

literally all physical properties are deprecitating assets you financially illiterate smug frick

the value of financing is tied to the alternative costs

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Kek the mental gymnastics
      It's okay cause entropy, now let me pay 50k for a 35K vehicle that will be worth 10k in 5 years time.
      LMAO

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No I own multiple things that increase in value every year.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Your steam account, bitcoin, and whatever weird collection in your closet isn't increasing in value. Stop larping.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You say that, but try finding a Kuriki Tomoko Nendoroid for under $300.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>This boy ain't right.
            What you need is hard assets like gold, my 1969 GTO ""The G.O.A.T"", rolexes, and rental houses. Yep, your assets are toys, my assets attract supermodels.

Man, I drive a company car and just paid off my house using the money I otherwise would've been paying on a car. But if the company ever decides to do another round of layoffs I'll be stripped of my transportation needing a car without a fricking job. I really need to buy a personal car.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Man, I drive a company car and just paid off my house using the money I otherwise would've been paying on a car. But if the company ever decides to do another round of layoffs I'll be stripped of my transportation needing a car without a fricking job. I really need to buy a personal car.
            I don't own pants
            I wear what Cintas brings me for work.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I work jobs that provide uniforms and don't turn them in when I leave. I'm wearing a set of Cintas work pants right now.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

our Mexican dude informed us that if we "ruin" the pants he just has to scan the code and he can replace them, he doesn't have to bring them back. when a button breaks, I do this and I got this button installer thing where you just use a punch to install them. I've got like 10 pair that don't have to be returned so in a way I guess I lied and do own pants. I also kept my jackets from when I worked for Firestone and just removed the patch. I robbed Firestone blind as well I took like 10 gallons of diesel oil, some air hoses, bits for the tire machine (dad uses the same one) a bunch of wheel weight, oil change stickers name it, if it want bolted down I took it home. no, I'm not actually black. not even a little lmao

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's always morally correct to steal from multinational corporations. The Firestone location you worked at probably paid less in taxes per year than you do.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

and a lot of that supplies went to fueling local busines (my dad). funny story when my pop opened his doors he hired my older brother was working at a Firestone. he stole oil change stickers for my pop then. I worked for my dad then moved on to Firestone, where I quit like right before my dad ran out of the stickers my brother provided. hes never gonna have to buy his own lol.
            best part is they still want to hire me bavk

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Look at real estate and get back to me.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I did finance it, but then we paid it off a couple months later

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>paying any interest at all

Mr. Shekelberg appreciates your service.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

low iq post

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I actually came out $50 ahead because the bank that held my loan gave me $200 for opening a checking account with them.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That’s totally different, you would get that 200 regardless of the loan or not

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/iBE5dsR.jpeg

The trick is to finance it at lower rate than your account grows. Example, my account builds at 5%. I finance at 4%. I would be losing money to buy outright, financing is saving me cash. Yeah, it's hard to find good rates these days. But if you look closely, you can.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Would someone tell my dad its not dumb to replace your brake pads on your $1000 shitbox. You already saved insane amount of money by not falling to the new car financing meme.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

liability*
    (if you use your car to make money, then it's a capital expense)

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous
  8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mostly just Americans, who are like average 90iq, obese and heavily in debt.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why does every board have a fricking moron they all look up like God? Like, literally every board has some moron spewing shit about said thing (cars, gear, dragon dildos, xbox games) and people eat it up? Are people on DA really that pathetic to not be able to make a decision on their own based on their understanding of how the world works or is everyone here just fricking stupid and is the reason why people hang here?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Like, literally every board has some moron spewing shit about said thing (cars, gear, dragon dildos, xbox games) and people eat it up?
      Because oldgays posted their shit regularly to laugh at them. Then you get newbies who didn't pick up on that nuance and believe those guys are right when they hit that broken clock moment. You know the thing about allowing ironic shitposting to get out of control lets fools appear to be ironically shitposting but their serious and get reinforced by the actual ironic shitposters, now you have a strong serious following born out of irony. That's the cycle.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

He's the poorgay messiah, and this board is infested with poorgays

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

this boomer homosexual wants you to not enjoy the prime years of your life so you can be a ~~*millionaire*~~ when youre 65 and then die of a heart attack two years later so the feds can tax your estate

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The car I finance makes me happier, I don't care if some moron who pitches "easy to understand" financial advice to people going through bankruptcy disagrees with me

If you spend a single penny on anything other than the cheapest food possible and investment the rest then you're ngmi. If you think you want to try making your life enjoyable with your income, you're mistaken. You need to prioritize money over your happiness and life satisfaction. Now put that coffee down and buy my book.

This is the plight of the Real Man ™. No hobbies, no passion, no fun, no life. Everything must be sacrificed for the almighty dollar. Be miserable for 30 years so you can retire early and enjoy being old and senile instead of working an extra 5 years and having lived a life full of fun and wonder with no regrets.

The absolute state. Keking at people making excuses for their total enslavement to the israelite.

My 401k has a higher return rate than the interest on my car loan.
      If I had paid cash I would have lost money.
      This is why you will forever be poor.
      Because you don't understand financial leveraging.

>you don't get into debt so you are poor
      If you can find a once in a blue moon example of putting the cash into something that grows then good for you, but that is exactly that, a fricking blue moon event. 99.99% of people would be better off without debt 99.99% of the time.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>da joooooos
        mad cuz bad, learn to play the game

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you're interpreting that wrong. Dropping $50k on a garden variety investment vehicle will always earn more money than you pay in interest on a $50k truck loan. Thats the trick/idea that dumbasses bought into thinking the path the wealth is always being in debt paying interest. The even spread the lie that wealthy people are buying Ferraris and Rolls on debt because thats the super smart thing to do. In reality you have a liability on the asset sheet and are coming out "ahead" a trivial amount while spending big money on a [usually] depreciating asset.

Same dumbasses thinking they should buy a $100k truck because its a tax writeoff. You're still allocating that money to something, weather its today or in 18 months. Theres no guarantee and financially stupid to just "buy" everything on debt then pretend you're coming out ahead in 3-5 years once the loan is complete and your investment matures or accumulates gains.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>You're still allocating that money to something, weather its today or in 18 months
          So far, the dollar has not deflated. Maintaining purchasing power, and gaining some money over time, is more valuable than the loss of money through interest AS LONG AS you can get a reasonably low interest rate

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>AS LONG AS you can get a reasonably low interest rate
            The average new and used car interest rates are generally higher than any mutual fund. Statistically, very few people are at the very top of the FICO score. Its something like 5% fall into that category. Similarly at the very bottom too, however its a few more than at the very top. So between 7 and 12% for new cars.

After taxes on any of your investments brings it down to whatever bracket that you're maybe making 1-2% on the spread BEFORE you have to account for vehicle depreciation, repairs, maintenance, insurance, fuel, etc. 99% of cars are bottomless money pits and the smugness of finance bros only looking at the interest rates always forget that. But no worries, its your "dream car" you'll sell within 10 years anyway.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

FRICK forgot image

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>mutual fund
            What are you, a b***h?
            >BEFORE you have to account for vehicle depreciation, repairs, maintenance, insurance, fuel, etc
            You have to account for that on used cars too, and you usually pay more than "oh no my car is in warranty, better drive the dealership car for a few days for free"
            In fact, the only real difference will be in insurance, where you can get away with just minimum liability, and depreciation, which will end up at the same point as a used car if you don't trade frequently

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You have to account for that on used cars too,

they didn't say that you don't. Just being pointed out that the debt justifiers for their new toy never seem to include this in their tabulation

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Okay. Have fun with that money when you're too old and busted to do anything other than watch TV and fish.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Do you live at home or do you rent? I can tell by your moronic demeanor you're not a home owner.
        >nooooo, never finance anything!!@!

This isnt an adult mindset you have OP. If you want a newer (and correlatingly more reliable) car, you will have to finance it unless you have the cash on hand. You end up paying more for the car but in the end, you bought a thing you couldnt even afford to start with. Who looks stupid from that? You can keep the car for 8 - 10 years or until you feel it is no longer reliable and recap SOME of your money, but what you are really paying for is a decade of being able to drive a reliable car and you get that.

>recap SOME of your money
        Recoup.
        >but what you are really paying for is a decade of being able to drive a reliable car and you get that.
        You could get the same thing out of a used car that you didn't have to finance though.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>lol look at these slaves to the israelite
        >not like me, I'm always thinking about how to accumulate more of ~~*Federal Reserve*~~'s counterfeit bills of exchange because I'm free of israeli desires

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>pay the israelite tens of thousands extra
          >do not pay the israelite tens of thousands extra and turn what you saved into 10x the initial investment

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A new Mazda Mazda3 will run you $31k. If you put $3k down and get a loan at 8% for 48 months, you pay $684 a month and the car costs you $33k. That's $2000 extra you spend on the car beyond what it is worth to the dealer. Where is this tens of thousands of dollars you are talking about?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I know a number of people paying for a 65K car and will pay 85K. And if that wasn't enough, when 5 years pass, 60% of that 65K is gone. So you tell me the difference between a 25K and 85K. That miata, what is it worth in 5 to 6 years?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're touching on a good point of "morons will get themselves over a barrel financially without realizing because they get too focused on instant gratification" but you're also touching on some dumb boomer shit. If I buy a 65k car, and 5 years later sell it for 26k (Unlikely in this market, but we'll go with it), I didn't "lose" 39k, I spent it. 5 years of fun new car ownership cost me 39k like a night out at the movies cost me $50.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You gotta get over this extremist thing.
            >I know people who got bad loans so no one should ever get loans no matter what
            I know people who have drowned but that doesn't mean no one in the world should be allowed to swim anymore

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The moronic part is when you start thinking of a car as an asset. Not everything in life is an investment. When I buy a $65k car and pay $85k over the term of the loan, I’m paying for the fun and joy of driving that car. I’m not paying for an “asset”. Cars aren’t really depreciating assets. They’re not really assets at all. They’re a gadget you buy, not unlike a kitchen appliance or hell, a new set of golf clubs, or a phone. If you look at it like an asset and judge it on that basis, you’re just a moron.

Guys like Ramsey want to approach life as if every decision is a financial investment but that’s not all life is. Life is doing things, and that includes having fun. If that $85k price tag sits well with you that’s fine.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>They’re not really assets at all.
            They are in the sense that transportation is valuable.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You /misc/ tourists are baffling, it’s like you guys are turboscared of anything besides “just keep ya cash in da bank?!!!”

>If you can find a once in a blue moon example of putting the cash into something that grows then good for you, but that is exactly that, a fricking blue moon event.
        The S&P 500 is up 14.52% so far this year. Over the last one year, it’s up 22.72%. Over the last five years, it’s up 84.09%, a CAGR somewhere north of 12%, which coincidentally doesn’t even include the dividends or distributions received on your investment. I’ll hand it to you that if you had been unlucky to lump sum your entire net worth into equities between late 2021 and mid-late 2022, yes, you would have lost money. But in all honesty looking at the performance of any relatively diversified investments over any timeframe, the real “blue moon” event is your investment depreciating in value. Run the same assessment with gold and you will find largely the same data with perhaps lower gains. I know you guys are obsessed with silver, ironically it’s probably the worst performing asset on the grand scale, so maybe that’s what you’re basing all this conjecture on.

For what it’s worth I have never financed a vehicle nor would I condone it, but saying that an investment making gains is rare is simply a lie.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>DA tourist
          >complaining about tourists
          We're not reading your recruitment copypasta, hebe.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You not wanting to read doesn't make his post incorrect, you prancing la-la homosexual man.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not my problem israelite

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Explain how you are accumulating wealth and enjoy hobbies with zero israeli involvement in either. Be specific.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The car I finance makes me happier, I don't care if some moron who pitches "easy to understand" financial advice to people going through bankruptcy disagrees with me

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

found the automotive enthusiasts took 10mins of scrolling

its a hobby so expect it to spend a little more than others. This guy always flips out and glitches out when a car enthusiasts is on and wants to buy a car or is faced with the collector car market and his standard depreciation equation doesn’t work kek

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you spend a single penny on anything other than the cheapest food possible and investment the rest then you're ngmi. If you think you want to try making your life enjoyable with your income, you're mistaken. You need to prioritize money over your happiness and life satisfaction. Now put that coffee down and buy my book.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is the plight of the Real Man ™. No hobbies, no passion, no fun, no life. Everything must be sacrificed for the almighty dollar. Be miserable for 30 years so you can retire early and enjoy being old and senile instead of working an extra 5 years and having lived a life full of fun and wonder with no regrets.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My 401k has a higher return rate than the interest on my car loan.
    If I had paid cash I would have lost money.
    This is why you will forever be poor.
    Because you don't understand financial leveraging.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you think financing is stupid then just imagine it the other way around.
    You saved up and found the perfect car. It's everything you want and you're so excited to get it. The guy says if you come back in 5 years, then he'll sell you the car for about 5-6k less. Of course, there's a catch. If it's a new car, you run the risk of it ending production, or they update it and make it worse, or these days they'll make it more expensive. Think about if you financed a new F150 in 2019 vs saving up cash to buy one in 2024. Lol. And if it's a used car, then somebody else might buy it first, and you have to hope when you come back that there's another one that's the same make and model and color and everything. Otherwise you just have to settle on whatever is available.
    Is it worth all that risk of waiting to save just a few grand?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

oh shit, FOMO? I better consume the thing today even if I have to go in debt forever for it! I simply must have the new shiny thing because salesman said it might not be identical tomorrow!

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>have to go in debt forever
        Can you not read a contract? Or do you just choose not to pay your bills?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Once you pay off your 2019 F150 the 2024 just came out and its new, better, has more horsetorques and chromes! You should get that one because it can haul 83 more pounds of payload!

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

truck has more chromes, owner has more chromosomes

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Thinking this only makes you look like a tourist. Buying your dream car isn't "fomo". If you only buy a car because it's a "shiny new thing" that advertising told you to buy so you can show it off to your friends then you don't belong here.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Is it worth saving thousands to save you looking for a few hours on Autotrader? And then you still can't buy one in that cool shade of red you like?
      Yeah, gonna buy used at 5yo thanks.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I guess if you don't give a shit about cars and you're equally happy driving any ole gray sedan then yeah, stack that paper baby

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I did for my first car back in 2001.
    Needed to drive commute for my job, didn't have any savings yet. Paid off the loan in 2 years and traded it in 8 years later. Worth it to not have to commute in a rattling shitbox. Second car I paid cash, and that one is currently 17 years old and I've had it since 2009.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Worth it to not have to commute in a rattling shitbox.
      >Second car I paid cash, and that one is currently 17 years old and I've had it since 2009.
      I mean this sounds like the two statements contradict themselves?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They don't. Many differences.
        I don't have to drive every day anymore (and haven't since 2011).
        The 2007 Honda isn't a shitbox, it's just old. I've taken pretty good care of it and it only has just over 100,000 miles. Other than the 2 year OG owner/lease victim, I've owned it for its entire history so every mark and lingering smell is mine, not a stranger's. Its ride is still smooth, handling is fine, and the interior is intact and comfortable, AC works. CD player might be broken, I haven't tried to use it in years.
        The shitbox I had to drive in 2001 had 200k miles, a literal hole in the fricking floor, no AC, smelled terrible, rattling at speeds over 55 mph, numerous other problems. I looked at cheaper used cars, nothing inspired confidence and many of them smelled like ashtrays and other weird shit. Most cheap cars were well over 100,000 miles already and I didn't have 6 months to wait around looking for the perfect deal.
        So I took out a loan, built a credit history, and used the car to advance my career.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I found I didn't need to listen to boomer financial advice after I understood the TVM equation. Dealers get real squirrely when I bust out the HP 10bII+ Financial Calculator.

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>/r/FrickCars
    >Le /n/tard walkable-city cope

Not everyone is poor and wants to live a miserable life. Stick to the bus.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. The amount of poor Black folk on here is growing and the busriders and benchracers are still as shitty.

https://i.imgur.com/wq3Ne0q.jpeg

And without? 6k? 6.5? Whatever the answer is you spent more with financing than without.

[...]
      I can think of 500 things increasing in value that I could buy now with the money saved on financing. Pic rel.

Black person thinks a stock worth less than gold is a good investment. moron you are barely above a gambler in intelligence.

[...]
      [...]
      [...]
      The absolute state. Keking at people making excuses for their total enslavement to the israelite.

[...]
      >you don't get into debt so you are poor
      If you can find a once in a blue moon example of putting the cash into something that grows then good for you, but that is exactly that, a fricking blue moon event. 99.99% of people would be better off without debt 99.99% of the time.

0% interest financing lower than 8-12% from 401k.
      >Blue moon example
      >Black folk can't even understand simple interest.

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>value falls down each year
    >each year you have to pay less
    >after 5 years it's cheaper than buying upfront
    Who's the moron now?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>most car finance payments track with the value
      Wut? You pay the price you bought it at anon. You think I have to pay off less because its older? A good deal if you can get it.

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Financing things is totally "okay". It's not inherently smart or dumb, you just have to be realistic about what it is. It is paying for overnight shipping on Amazon orders. It is paying Doordash to go get your burrito bowl for you. It is a convenience premium. I can save for a year and pay one amount, or I can pay a higher amount overall through the cost of the loan to have it today. It is not a move for people on the edge of their budget and it's not a habit/approach to bring to every transaction but it's fine. The trouble people get into comes from them saying "Oh now I can pay for the car AND the vacation and just treating available credit like cash.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

1) Its an investment to get a job and keep your job
    2) Its an investment to your freedom
    3) Its an investment to keep your family safe and secure
    4) Its an investment into your own health/safety

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This plus an investment in reliability.
      A repair bill is one thing.
      Your car dying in the middle of a trip is something else.
      There's always a risk with any car, but older cars with more mileage have far greater risk of breaking down and failing you at a bad time.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

weird i just towed my buddy in his 2024 tundra with my 2003 chevy. Ahh that's right new is better until you remember planned obsolesce and that every responsible factory employee retired in 2020.

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This ugly boomer redneck wants you to spend your life in austerity so that you can buy a bigger air conditioner when you’re SEVENTY FIVE AFTER YOUR REAL LIFE IS FRICKING OVER.

Stupid fricks like this literally think the goal in life is have the biggest net worth when you die and then make sure your kids get nothing. That’s not even a joke. It’s what they live for. That’s the point.

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I buy certified pre-owned cars in cash like my Xoomer father tells me to

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This isnt an adult mindset you have OP. If you want a newer (and correlatingly more reliable) car, you will have to finance it unless you have the cash on hand. You end up paying more for the car but in the end, you bought a thing you couldnt even afford to start with. Who looks stupid from that? You can keep the car for 8 - 10 years or until you feel it is no longer reliable and recap SOME of your money, but what you are really paying for is a decade of being able to drive a reliable car and you get that.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>This isnt an adult mindset you have OP.
      Kek. That is code for "I am huffing massive amounts of cope and justifying my absurd overspending by calling it subtley clever 4d financial chess when actually I am desperate to not acknowledge my failure in life decisions".

>but what you are really paying for is a decade of being able to drive a reliable car and you get that
      There is nothing here you cannot get from a 5 year old Camry. You are coping.

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I work in finance in the manufacturing industry. The number of times I've had production managers submit requests to buy new production equipment, or logistics managers want to buy new trucks and trailers, is ridiculous. I always tell them, that's a depreciating asset and it would be dumb to buy it. And then we don't, and it's a good thing because we wind up missing our targets for revenue growth and I get to say"I told you so!"

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

so you're the reason my work pc is from 2013 >:(

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>a 2024 corolla is a key part of revenue growth in a way a 2019 corolla simply cannot be
      Your snarky comment is not appreciated

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>36month financing at 3.7%
    >3Y treasury bonds currently at 6.5%
    >excel confirms I will be ~7k better off financing
    Sometimes financing really is just a discount on top of list price

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

As stated before, these very small examples are not going to crop up 99% of the time for 99% of people. Also...
      >3 years financing
      >3.7%
      Kek most peoples car payments are WAY higher. This is not available to most people. And younknow who might get those terms? Peoplenwith a high credit score. You know, the ones who borrowed in the past? Maybe you should factor in their credit card fees into those treasury bond purchases. Glad you can take advantage of this though.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Not that anon but kinda confused what you're saying. I got my credit score to 780 just using my card like a debit card and paying it off before it had time to get interest. gaining credit score is free, you don't actually have to borrow. People that tell you you have to keep a small balance on the card are wrong and dumb

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That is fine but most people are dumb and fall for this. They will take finance on their car and claim its great cos they put the same cash in bonds or whatever. Most of those people take finance out on everything else. They do not invest in the bonds or they justify all finance as this. EVERY person I know who pays off their cc like you do has at least one card carrying debt with charges. As Ramsey has demonstrated, no millionaires in the largest survey of millionairs in US history made their money from leveraging debt.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>no millionaires in the largest survey of millionairs in US history made their money from leveraging debt.
            You're never going to be rich. You're not a "temporarily embarrassed millionaire". If your parents weren't rich then you've got no shot. The money only goes where they want it to go. All you can do is live your best life and die happy. You really think the 5k you saved by not financing a car is going to make a difference? "But you can put it into stocks or this or that" wow fantastic and over 5 years, it turns into what, 7k? Wooooow. Who gives a shit.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Let me repeat.
            No. Millionaire. Surveyed. Made. His. Money. Leveraging. Debt.
            I will be wealthy, you will be poor but surrounded by crap.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

well i'm a millionaire and i wouldn't be if i hadn't leveraged debt so i'm not sure what angle that 'survey' is trying to play but i guess i don't really care.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You could have been if you had not leveraged debt. You can leverage your own money. That is, if you are actually rich (anonymous basket weaving forum suggests this is a schizo post).

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that's the thing, i'm not rich. i am by definition a millionaire though, because i leveraged debt. if you're already rich then sure, use your own millions of dollars to make more millions of dollars, but that applies to maybe 1 or 2 people on this website so i'm not even sure what point you're trying to make.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Its a strange argument; he'll cite in the survey of millionaires they're all evangelical christians, usually married, and how none of them got rich on cash-back or airline miles from credit cards too. He's arguing against points nobody is making. I enjoy the $500-1000 a year my credit card pays me and he's shouted so many times on his show in that survey no millionaire cited their credit card as a tool to get rich. Well no shit nobody is saying that other than the 500-fico score morons paying minimum monthly payments on it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They didn't survey me. made more than a million last year putting roofs on homes. My line of credit and credit cards have debt. You'll never be rich saving money you got to put it somewhere.

Most people are not enthusiasts and have only one car they NEED for their job they have to get and maintain through whatever means.

Have a truck for need and a sports car for enjoyment. stop living like a chinese.

Blackrock:
            >Have 1 Gorillion dollars in the account
            >Buy houses
            >That's it

Some fricking guy:
            >Have 20k in the bank
            >Find a house on the market for 200k
            >You know the appraiser will say it's worth 220k
            >Get a mortgage for the sale price because that's all that most companies will allow for
            >Take the paperwork from appraiser man to a mortgage company and use it to get a loan for 220k
            >Pay off the first loan
            >You now have a house and also 20k in the bank
            >Buy another house at 200k
            >The cycle continues
            >As you use other people's money to pay off the mortgage and also the home appreciates in value because time passes you have more and more equity in the houses
            >That first house will now appraise for 230 and you already paid off 10 so you can take out a whole new 30 year loan on it to have 40k on hand this time and buy a 400k house

forget the part where blackrock zillow vanguard berkshite hathway own millions of homes with the intent of
            >Buy zipcode at 300k sell zipcode at 450k
            >hold all properties undervalued for 2 years for tax write offs through depreciation.
            >sell homes to investment group so they can sell homes and mortgage backed securities off the same property.
            People like Ben Mallah exist and they aren't a problem in anyway compared to the financial companies that can cook books deeper than the DOD.
            Reminder No sitting president has ever been inside the FEDERAL RESERVE, and it will never be audited.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Have a truck for need and a sports car for enjoyment. stop living like a chinese.
            It's a problem if you live in the city. Getting one parking space is a b***h let alone two.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>if you live in the city
            Didn’t know we allowed homosexuals in here.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If we didn’t you wouldn’t be allowed to post wagie

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>no millionaires in the largest survey of millionairs in US history made their money from leveraging debt.
            Only partially accurate. They most certainly fricking did but didn't have the plan of "I'll go into debt to have cash, then buy something to make money". They basically already had a business idea working, a relatively good income stream, and in order to increase that income used debt. Ramsey himself did that. That story of "I had my notes called and lost everything" nonsense is bullshit. You don't go to several million net worth to $0 then sell a few houses as a realitor and and suddenly worth $600mil 30 years later without any debt. Ramsey says never use debt because the average person is fricking moronic (see this entire thread) and thinks debt is a good thing. Thats how they end up over their heads with unmanageable debt paying more in interest across all the loans than they're taking in with any sort of capital investment from that debt.

Watch his show; there are people regularly explaining they took out helocs, mortgages, and basically zero money down bullshit only to discover 1 year into the operation they can't afford the monthly payments because they never frickin planned for any of it.
            >Dave I'm in debt $850,000 because I wanted to start a popup restaurant serving 35 people a night, and I can't afford the loan payment every month! What do I do?
            That debt millionaires use is basically a trivial debt to them; if the idea works theres a 6x return on that money. If it doesn't work they're not affected by the debt repayment at all. That is the actual secret because at the end of the day taking out a debt in order to make money is a gamble. If it hits on red theres a big payout. If it hits on black a responsible gambler never bets more than they can afford to lose.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I know the people you're talking about I don't really think it's a majority but who knows. now my credits like 700 even I think since I've got a mortgage so really I did end up in the credit game tbh but I do not regret it. Just wish I'd done it earlier when interest was way down.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Anyone who makes money buying a home with a mortgage made money from debt moron. Debt has created almost all of the wealth in the economy since mortgages became commonplace since real estate is responsible for the majority of the wealth.

This is an indisputable fact and surveys mean jack shit.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Who has made money just by taking on a mortgage? Do you mean the homeowners who amass equity when they sell their home and liquidate the proceeds?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There's a whole fricking mini industry of people who do that
            >Buy a house below appraised value
            >Get a new mortgage on it for appraised value instead of sale price
            >Have cash on hand for another down payment on a house
            >Repeat as much as your housing market allows
            >Rent them all out

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So, you're describing BlackRock and Vanguard. Are you really one of those "corporations are people" idiots or are you just larping?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

BlackRock and Vanguard don't need a fricking mortgage to do this shit, moron. They simply
            >Buy houses
            >Rent them out
            I have to assume you're trolling at this point, because the alternative is that you're really that fricking stupid and I just don't like the thought of sharing roads with an ape like that

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So then what's the difference between that and this

There's a whole fricking mini industry of people who do that
            >Get a new mortgage on it for appraised value instead of sale price
            >Have cash on hand for another down payment on a house
            >Repeat as much as your housing market allows
            >Rent them all out

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Blackrock:
            >Have 1 Gorillion dollars in the account
            >Buy houses
            >That's it

Some fricking guy:
            >Have 20k in the bank
            >Find a house on the market for 200k
            >You know the appraiser will say it's worth 220k
            >Get a mortgage for the sale price because that's all that most companies will allow for
            >Take the paperwork from appraiser man to a mortgage company and use it to get a loan for 220k
            >Pay off the first loan
            >You now have a house and also 20k in the bank
            >Buy another house at 200k
            >The cycle continues
            >As you use other people's money to pay off the mortgage and also the home appreciates in value because time passes you have more and more equity in the houses
            >That first house will now appraise for 230 and you already paid off 10 so you can take out a whole new 30 year loan on it to have 40k on hand this time and buy a 400k house

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>>Have 1 Gorillion dollars in the account
            >>Buy houses
            >>That's it
            Those homes aren't appreciating in value? Blackrock doesn't leverage the equity of those homes to finance operations? I just doubt that.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This is getting way off the conversation of "Nobody has made money by taking on a mortgage" but BlackRock doesn't even buy houses. BlackRock is the people from Shark Tank where people come through and say "Give me money and I'll give you part of my company" and even banks have done it, but in this particular situation companies that DO buy houses like American Homes For Rent made a deal so now BlackRock owns a fraction of thousands of homes as a result. The real point being: Large, established companies with liquid capital don't need to do the same fetch quest shit with 3 different middle men, they're playing a different game than "Some Guy" who does in fact make money by taking on a mortgage and has reshaped entire housing ecosystems by doing so, often with the help of shit like AirBnB

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I see the two topics as related, as to why young people are about to voting in communism in response to not being able to afford a home today. Also, you still don't make money just by taking on a mortgage. There are several steps involved before you actually make any money on a piece of land, if it even appreciates, but we all know that and we're all being pedantic about it here.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

*keep voting in communism

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Also, you still don't make money just by taking on a mortgage
            Nobody said "Taking out this loan is literal free money" but since that increase to your net worth would not have been available to you without a mortgage, it is most appropriate to say you used debt to make money. You or some other moron says it didn't happen but every AirBnB parasite, everyone who took on a small business loan to open up their restaurant, everyone who put their job interview suit on a credit card did just that.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>every AirBnB parasite
            Assumimg the parasite profited
            >everyone who took on a small business loan to open up their restaurant
            Assuming the restaurant profited (what it is now, 60% that fail?)
            >everyone who put their job interview suit on a credit card did just that.
            Assuming they got the job

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Holy fricking goalpost move
            >Nobody makes money leveraging debt!
            >Yeah actually, some people do
            >Yeah but sometimes they don't!
            I hope some hero out there runs a red light and fricking t-bones you

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Everyone makes money leveraging debt
            >No actually some people don't
            stay mad i guess

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

makes money leveraging debt
            Literally nobody said this, homosexual

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No one said your bullshit either yet here we are.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Follow the fricking reply chain.
            >no millionaires in the largest survey of millionairs in US history made their money from leveraging debt
            >Anyone who makes money buying a home with a mortgage made money from debt moron. Debt has created almost all of the wealth in the economy since mortgages became commonplace since real estate is responsible for the majority of the wealth
            >Nuh uh!

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I didn't join the thread until here

Who has made money just by taking on a mortgage? Do you mean the homeowners who amass equity when they sell their home and liquidate the proceeds?

to question the constant assertion that everyone that takes on a mortgage automatically "makes money."

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>BlackRock doesn't even buy houses

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's all a muddy shell game, but it's technically true. BlackRock owns like one eighth each of say 100,000 separate homes but don't own any one home fully as a corporation. Then they also own big portions of loans that are backed with homes as collateral and there are other companies that do the same thing as BlackRock that also own fractions of many homes and they have disproportionate effects on certain specific markets because the 100,000 homes they're touching aren't across the nation they're concentrated in certain places that are getting fricked hard like Atlanta. So yes, BlackRock doesn't even buy houses, they just kinda frick the housing market.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Basically everyone. Almost all of the wealth today came from simple homeownership.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There are wild outlier of 1 in 1,000,000 company founders but basically the only way Americans get richer is through inheritance and the appreciation of land assets

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You don’t have to sell shit. Wealth is based on asset values. If you own a million dollar home you’re a millionaire.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

this was from Volkswagen Financial Services (skoda daily for my wife, zero credit history on her side btw). They have reealy low rates, but require a full insurance throughout the contract (would buy anyway for a new car) and "insurance in case of debtors death" (really just a ~1k fee). Could buy in cash, decided to go for 50% upfront (gets you the lowest rate) and invested the rest. Confirmed in Excel that this would get me the best overall outcome ofc.
        I work in finance, and asked a friend who used to work in auto loans how VW does it - basically, the margins on the car are high enough that they can easily amortize the economic loss VW experiences by giving you below-market rates. So essentially, its a discount.

I also fully agree that this is NOT the case for 95% of car loans, ESPECIALLY loans taken out on used cars. These are just a tax on the poor & financially illiterate.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>ESPECIALLY loans taken out on used cars
          Why? Way higher interest? I always buy my used shitboxes cash but I wanna get something nicer next time and was thinking of putting 50% down on a $25k used car.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Exactly right. The loans are very often double the interest rate, just because you aren't the first owner. If you have the measn to to 12k down, you probably have the means to pay of the loan in 2 years or less so the higher % won't have any real chance to bite you in the butt, so you're fine. It's the people who finance a full 40k over 5+ years that really bleed on this shit

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Its gotta be a holdover when cars were basically automatically scrapped at 100k miles; If you were buying something with 80k miles, and still had to get a loan, they were going to get their profit before that car died, and because of how shit like that works it was probably just standardized. However in their defense, when poors buy used cars and it needs $1000 in repairs sometimes they simply stop paying on the loan and let the bank repo a dead/wrecked car.

It is otherwise frustrating that if you buy a new car the interest rate is simply lower while you get to eat the off-the-lot depreciation hit.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/zDYdm3R.jpeg

this was from Volkswagen Financial Services (skoda daily for my wife, zero credit history on her side btw). They have reealy low rates, but require a full insurance throughout the contract (would buy anyway for a new car) and "insurance in case of debtors death" (really just a ~1k fee). Could buy in cash, decided to go for 50% upfront (gets you the lowest rate) and invested the rest. Confirmed in Excel that this would get me the best overall outcome ofc.
        I work in finance, and asked a friend who used to work in auto loans how VW does it - basically, the margins on the car are high enough that they can easily amortize the economic loss VW experiences by giving you below-market rates. So essentially, its a discount.

I also fully agree that this is NOT the case for 95% of car loans, ESPECIALLY loans taken out on used cars. These are just a tax on the poor & financially illiterate.

also, something we discussed before the purchase was our "personal" time value of money.
        Basically, 2 years ago, in uni, I would survive 2 months on ONE of the payments for this loan. Now these payments, while definitely noticeable, fit into the home budget without issue. In 2 years, at the rate our careers & salaries are progressing, the last 10-12 payments will become a literal nothingburger. Money today is worth more not only because of the return you can get from market rates, but also because in the future you will earn more as your career advances, and the more money you have the less that payment will "hurt" you.
        This requires you to be a somewhat successful and well adjusted adult, which most people taking out auto loans are not.

26. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Show room price new $5k
    2021 price $1.3m

27. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

boomers be like
    >NNNOOOO YOU CANT BUY THAT ITS A DEPRECIATING ASSET YOULL LOSE MONEY!!!!!
    boomers also be like
    >sell house and buy a motorhome

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's different when you're racing towards death and trying to spunk every last penny before your kids see any of it

28. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm 27 and have ~70k. I've always been too frugal to drive anything but an econobox because of Dave Ramsey type thinking. But recently I've been thinking about dropping ~15k on a car like a miata or a brz86

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

$15k in 2024 IS frugal. Have some fun in your 30s, man. You have to live a little. As long as you don’t indebt yourself up to your eyeballs are severely impair your ability to get financing for a house, it doesn’t matter.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous
        • 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

How is that israeli you stupid frick?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Probably another Dave Ramsey acolyte that seethes at anyone having any joy in life.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

wasn't it "have fun and live in your 20s" not so long ago? soon people's life will begin in their 40s.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>soon people's life will begin in their 40s.
          Soon? As in tomorrow?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You’re just strawmanning me by pretending I said something because you heard someone else say it you disingenuous moron

29. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Most people are not enthusiasts and have only one car they NEED for their job they have to get and maintain through whatever means.

30. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you're all arguing with some naive little high schooler who has no clue what he's talking about. it's friday, get off DA.

31. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The dumbest part of the whole argument is they act like the only thing standing in between the average person and being a millionaire is not financing a car. Do you think if I had the ability to turn 5k into a million, I wouldn't have already done that several times over?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the only thing standing in between the average person and being a millionaire is not financing a car
      They're not entirely wrong; its a behavior or mindset. If you're content spending $1000-2000 per month for every month on a car until you frickin die it means you're likely a doofus that doesn't understand throwing all that money away on a new car or one you otherwise just can't afford outright. Do you need that $50k SUV? Probably not. Should you have gotten that $20k one and driven it until the wheels fall off? Probably. Paying off $20k is smarter than paying off $50k especially when it comes with basic transportation but ask people in the big expensive cars. They'll always justify it with MPGs, safety, reliability. All trivial points because a $20k Honda or Toyota will be just as reliable as an $80k GM or Stellantiss product. Safety is up to you as the driver, skill issue. And you'll never drive a car long enough to make up with even a 5mpg difference.

Ramsey is about 10 years behind where they still recommend a $2000 cash car that doesn't fricking exist anymore. Plus a single mom making $40k a year isn't going to get some fricking jalopy and deal with repairs if they come up. Realistically a $12k car is minimum for the average NPC just needing decent transportation.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It IS, though. It's the main thing average people blow money on. Money that could be saved/invested/used to claw your way into financial freedom.

32. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>29
    >kid, wife
    >bought house in 2019 for 339k, worth 694 now
    >300k in crypto
    >43k in stocks
    >only 20k in 401k (I blew 10k of it in precious metal penny stocks)
    >drive shitbox 12 year old grand cherokee
    >always wants to pull the trigger on a used es300h, tlx or even a 5 or 3 series
    >always think about new car payment, how that money could go to my 401k or kid's 529 plan
    >always put it off
    >jeep winds up costing me 1k a year in fixes
    >could maybe get 5-6k for it
    >can't make up my mind

Dunno bros, anyone else in this scenario? I'm not rich but I'm not poor enough to doom spend

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>bought house in 2019 for 339k, worth 694 now
      >300k in crypto
      You live either in a shithole near the coast or in Texas. Either way, get fricked.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

but texas is a shithole near the coast

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I live in a nice part of florida.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I’m guessing Pinellas

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You're still a mega doofus for having any money in crypto.
          >but I hit it big!
          Shut up, you could just as easily have lost it all. It wasn't an educated or calculated thing to get $300k in crypto if you're not just larping. You know deep down putting it in a regular basic b***h mutual fund at 10% is the smart play, but you're still onto the meteoric rise, aren't you?

Also, you can afford the used lexus, even at 10% thats $30k a year, you're delaying your life by at most 1 year buying a used lexus. Even then, they're toyotas known for going the distance.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I bought 20k worth in 2019. I'm sorry you don't think it's a good idea to have a fixed unit of account to hedge against the exponential decay of a currency that doubles its base every decade.

Fricking moron.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Oh no, he's moronic and is making children with a woman willing to reproduce with a moron. yeah, 60x is totally normal over 5 years.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>60x is totally normal over 5 years.
            Politicians 100x their net worth in 5 years on shady deals, inside trading and other things and no one bats an eye.
            Meanwhile nerds create a solid decentralized currency that can be anonymous and isn’t printed from thin air and people think it’s a scam because it’s value goes up.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Politicians 100x their net worth in 5 years on shady deals, inside trading and other things and no one bats an eye
            Everyone bats an eye, when this info manages to break through the msm. But you wont donate your precious dwindling btc towards bernie sanders so whats the point?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What the frick are you even talking about

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Politicians 100x their net worth in 5 years on shady deals
            Yeah, are you also in on these shady deals? Are you a politician pulling the strings on these deals? No? Then you don't get 60x easily, best you can do is 10-15% like the common billionaires.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>10-15% like the common billionaires.
            You think billionaires got their first 5-10-15 million by investing in muh boomer stocks and muh boomer retirement accounts??
            They got their first millions on risky bets, if you’re middle class working a regular job you’ll never get to even 5 mil by putting your money in Goldbergs 5% fund.
            Now that they have billions of course they just cruise on safe funds.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

But obviously a ton of billionaires also come from old money but that’s a different topic.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How is it different? The inheritance tax is too damn low.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The inheritance tax is too damn low.
            It isn't. If your parents give you I think its up to $16 million, the government should frick right off and isn't entitled to what amounts to a wealth tax on either the person about to die, recently died, or the person that just received it. The government should get used to receiving less money for a several years just like its citizens have to do.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>How is it different?
            Because if you inherit $100mil at 30 you’ll have a completely different mentality. You were born rich and you can just sit on that money and let your advisors manage it for you.
            >inheritance tax is too damn low.
            So you want the government to take even more money for what? So they can fund more lgbt awareness in Pakistan? Or so that the Lockheed execs can buy their 7th yacht from unlimited government contract money?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>So you want the government to take even more money for what?
            Are you really just gonna samegay the conservative party line on taxes? I'm more nuanced I suppose. I don't want the gov to do much of anything, but if they are gonna do it, I want them to do it fairly.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What in the actual frick are you even saying you deranged moron

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nta but there is at least one moronic homosexual shitposting in just about every single thread this evening. i think it's some homosexual zoomer just hungry for attention.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>earn money
            >pay taxes on that income
            >die
            >government believes it deserves a cut of the money that taxes were already paid on
            have a nice day, Black person homosexual

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Earn money
            >Get taxed
            >Buy things
            >Get taxed again
            >Don't buy things
            >Also get taxed

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>earn money
            citation needed
            citation needed

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>be neet
            >get neetbux
            >taxes are deducted from your neetbux
            >buy tendies
            >pay sales tax

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>taxes are deducted from your free tax money
            that is odd, if true

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

social mobility is too dam high !

>earn money
            >die
            >government believes it deserves a cut of the money that taxes were already paid on
            have a nice day, Black person homosexual

>win lottery
            >get taxxed

https://i.imgur.com/svhQtlC.jpeg

>earn money
            citation needed
            citation needed

it costs allot of money to evade this much tax

>taxes are deducted from your free tax money
            that is odd, if true

open up the road code study book
            almost every page has an instance of the phrase "a small fee"

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>buy gpu
            >pay sales tax
            >sell old gpu
            >they want you to pay tax on the money made from the sale
            >unless you kept your receipt and can prove you sold it at a loss

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>They got their first millions on risky bets
            Spoiler: it wasn't anything remotely similar to crypto.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>a fixed unit of account
            Bro, please do not refer to bitcoin as crypto ever again. They are different, and my your mention of a fixed unit of account, you should know the difference.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>It wasn't an educated or calculated thing
            He doesn't know

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Are you stupid? Bro get out of crypto and just get some vanguard funds with that. Crypto has always been bs. And soon it will be a bad as Blackrock iShares in terms of it being a total bank controlled scheme. $300k at your age in the big funds is going to be easy retirement. $300k in crypto will be shit when millennials realize it’s bs and not the future.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Crypto has always been bs.
        It’s always the poor morons who don’t see the big picture (it’s all fake and a scam, crypto is one of the ways you can play this fake and scam economy like the big guys) and repeat Reddit talking points.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Sell like 30k in crypto and get a sports car + old tundra or something

33. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The strength of the western world comes from debt and the trust of western financial institutions. Sorry chinsect shill, I'll keep using financial instruments.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>im a good goy
      >finance me rabbi
      >you already circumcised me, rabbi

34. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I financed my car, but it's 0% apr so I don't feel too bad. It's putting money into a slightly de appreciating asset and losing some money on it if I decide to sell it later. I can live with that since I need the car now.

Honestly, it's more surprising some cars don't de appreciate as much as they probably should. I try to take care of my cars, but there's some stuff that you did to it that just should knock down the value more, but it doesn't.

You shitted, farted, pissed, cummed, tore stuff, dirtied some parts, loosened some things that never fit back quite right, put miles on the chasis, and other things that further remove the car from its original condition, never making it the same again... The difference between a new and old car is kind of huge. Yet people will still pay a substantial amount of the original value outside of extreme de appreciation examples.

35. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What about those of us financing a polaris side by side

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If you aren't a farmer who can buy a polaris with cash outright there is zero point in getting one

36. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There are some things I am willing to take a hit on. While I am not dumb with money, at the same time I should be able to enjoy myself a little.

37. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Who the frick finances a USED car? I sold my shitbox for $12,000 and some dude had to finance the thing for his kid. Hot little 18 year old b***h on her way to get used as a cumrag in college. How the frick can get afford to send her off to dicksucking school yet can't afford a $12k car?

38. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

everything is a depreciating asset.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Land isn't, but OP is still a homosexual

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Land can absolutely depreciate
        >pripyat
        >cheshire ohio
        >times beach missouri
        >centralia pa
        >namie, fukushima prefecture
        >picher, oklahoma
        >detroit
        >downtown san francisco

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Can depreciate != depreciating asset moron

Land in general outside of very unusual circumstances keeps its value or more commonly appreciates.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Can appreciate does not equal always appreciates. Why did this trigger you?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nobody said it always appreciates, why are you moronic?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ok, but again, yes "someone" fricking did.

Land isn't, but OP is still a homosexual

Stop being a Black person.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's also me you illiterate homosexual. I said land isn't a "depreciating asset" because in general land does not tend to depreciate, unlike a car which outside of very specific circumstances always will.

Something is not considered a depreciating asset just because there is the slight chance that maybe under the right circumstances it could possibly depreciate.

You moron.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Something is not considered a depreciating asset just because there is the slight chance that maybe under the right circumstances it could possibly depreciate.
            So if my property value depreciated, it didn't depreciate. Got it, based moron.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Hurr durr I literally can't stop being moronic
            Good job

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why did you buy a house in Detroit?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why not? Property *never* depreciates.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

K

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If you're smart you'd make sure that land you own depreciates in value. Saves you money

39. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>depreciating asset
    And yet the bmw 1m exists

Go suck a fat one

40. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Struggling with this myself right now. I finally have a decent income at 30 after driving an inherited Tahoe to 400k miles when I turned 16. I really want to finance a nice car but I know it’s not a smart decision.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This decision becomes easier when you realize there are no "nice" cars, only expensive cars.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>there are no "nice" cars
        Nice can be whatever you want.
        Fast car, quiet car, literal rice burner

41. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I finaced OPs mom last night.

42. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This is entirely a matter of subjective priorities. Even if you can see the merit in the other side's viewpoint, you will never be entirely convinced of it. That goes for both sides. Just live your own life and stop being a b***h.

43. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>people with no money in their bank account lecturing everyone else on being bad with money
    Many such cases.

44. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Me about to lease an $80k car while some wagie in a 25 year old Civid tries to tell me he knows more about finances

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Lease
      moron

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Cope wagie

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's only 24 years old and it cost less than the down payment on your lease. Hell, it cost less than two months of your lease payment. I could total it out every 60 days and still be better ahead financially than you. That's not even counting the cost of full coverage insurance on an 80k vehicle.

45. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>229 replies
    >vast majority are raging about simple statement that is entirely true
    Well, I guess every smug "gotta live life in the now op" in this thread is living entirely on fricking copium.
    Ramsey was right.
    Financing is gay.
    The israelite is the enemy of decency.
    Debt cucks be seething.

46. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I financed a jet ski ama

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is it fun?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yes

47. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A car is a tool. Not an investment

48. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

By this logic wouldn't buying a house be a mistake if the housing market stagnates? So in that scenario owning a home would be a bad decision because it doesn't make you more money? If this is how boomers operate it's no wonder their kids can't afford to move out. They destroyed all their opportunities because their only priority is their wallet.

• 4 weeks ago
      daddy p

By that logic renting would have an upside, which it doesn't.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Tell that to my rental property income

• 4 weeks ago
          daddy p

Great reading comprehension there champ

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

By that logic, you are projecting your own lack of reading comprehension

• 4 weeks ago
            daddy p

By that logic, you just doubled down on stupid 🙂

Renting has tons of upsides. The only downside is the cost.

'Upside' is a financial term...

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/u/upside.asp

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

this is why people hate you

• 4 weeks ago
            daddy p

not my problem

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>'Upside' is a financial term...
            Well in that case you used the word incorrectly. You are the stupid one who doesn't understand how English works and failed to establish the proper context for using narrow jargon.

The poster you responded to did not specify that the specific decision is an "investment." He merely referred to personal advantage of a financial decision. The Term of Art "Upside" simply does not apply to renting at all as it is not a proper investment. Once again, your mistake, your ignorance, your stupidity.

The financial benefit of renting a home or apartment is (typically) that you maintain liquidity while reducing responsibilities, commitments, and transaction costs associated with buying and selling homes.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Renting has tons of upsides. The only downside is the cost.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah but they assume that over a 30 year period home values don’t stagnate.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

My home's value has stagnated for 14 years. It's a dedicated effort to keep my property value down - derelict cars in the yard, unkempt landscaping, unappealing exterior, but nice comfy house on the inside. Now the bastards wanna raise my property assessment by 68%. I think I'm going to have to get an old school bus and flop it on its side in the front yard. Maybe build a fence out of welded together car hoods.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

But the value when you sell is what they care about.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Wrong. They use the assessed value when determining annual property taxes. So if I don't do something my taxes will go up 68% as well

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

moron. What do you not understand about this. Everyone would prefer to keep their property value lower while they live in the home and then high when they sell so they could get more money. When these financial people make advice about cars, it’s with the assumption that a car will sell for less than you bought it, unlike al house, regardless of whether you fill the yard with junk to avoid paying taxes.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Probably not.
            I don't know how it works in your state but where I live, tax is levied on the entire district, then the individual SHARE of the total levy is determined by property tax assessments.
            So, if your house goes up by 68% but everyone else's property also goes up by 68%, the total tax you owe does not go up at all.

So yeah if you have a lower assessed value than your neighbors because you leave shit in your yard and such, you'll probably get taxed a bit less than your share ought to be. But you probably shouldn't lose your mind over the assessment numbers.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Where I live property taxes are figured by the mill rate ($x.xx per $1000 of home value). The only way taxes would stay the same or go down is if the township adjusted the mill rate, and government doesn't like giving up revenue.
            I have a meeting next week to file a formal contest against the new assessment. I might get a lawyer if it's what it takes - the way the county clerk basically explained it (and I'll badly paraphrase) is the assessor is automatically considered to be correct and I have to prove them wrong. Basically like the house is guilty until proven innocent. It seems pretty bullshit to me.

49. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Even if you want to ignore his advice (which is actually really common sense stuff) you better understand the numbers you are dealing with.
    A short term loan tends to be alright. Long term loans are cancer and will rape you financially.

50. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I follow some simple rules when buying a car.
    1. If you can't fix it, don't buy it.
    2. If you can't pay cash for it, don't buy it.

I use these rules for any kind of property

51. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

350k 98 corolla finally shit the bed. took me through high school and college. finally got a man job two years ago and I have to guarantee I can get to it.

I decided to finance a 2023 corolla hatch for $18k. am i fugged?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I would have bought a 2018 or so corolla for cash myself. Just make it worth it. Drive the thing till it falls apart. And if you can pay it off early then do so.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>2023 corolla hatch for $18k
      I would go for older to be honest, Cars hit the sweet spot around 4- 6 years old

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *