>midengine manual v10 4wd. >reasonably reliable

>midengine manual v10 4wd
>reasonably reliable
in terms of exotics that are somewhat attainable, is this pretty much it?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>audi v10
    >reasonably reliable
    lol
    lmao

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Source on unreliability?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

My asswhole

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Anecdotal evidence

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

VAG's track record of being shit at reliable anything that isn't diesels.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Does this look mechanically sound to you? Almost everything is a engine out job in these. If you can't afford it new you can't afford it used.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

It's just some chains

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah sure. They change themselves right?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

If the work is beyond your skill level, you can always pay someone more skilled to do it for you

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

My first thought was
          >this would make a great Zuma stage

Am I gona make it?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Why are germans like this?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Audism

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>4 chains, 6 tensioners, 10 guides
          nightmarish

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Lets be honest, most people who buy high end or sports cars don't even fricking drive them. They daily a regular boring sedan, and drive their nice car "on the weekends" putting on 100 miles a year, just a complete waste of money. Seen this with even stupid shit cars like corvettes or trans ams, its not rare, its not valuable, but boomers would rather baby it and never drive it, so they die one day and a highschool kid buys it on the cheap on an estate sale and hoons the frick out of it until it explodes in a year from no oil changes and constant rev limiter banging.

People will buy these things for 90k, just to have it decorate their garage and "invest" in a " know what I got" fashion, while losing money every month paying for the insurance.

Even then, this shit doesn't seem that complicated at all, and the fact you think it does is because you're a wrenchlet twink.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

IMO people who complain that engines are developed differently than Honda Accord I4s and old pushrod V8s seem to almost exclusively be Mexican and boomer mechanics who don't want to invest in new equipment, hate anything new on cars because it means they would have to learn something new, and don't want to do any hard jobs, after all they make more money doing 30 Accord oil changes a day than they ever would doing one $5,000 transmission job on a mid-range German car.

Also complaining that a specialty car with limited numbers made has an engine build that isn't typical is just lol. The Scotty Kilmers of the world would trash talk F1 engines for unreliability as if the context for what an F1 engine does isn't entirely different from a normal engine.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm not a boomer but I know all those chains, tensioners, and guides is ASKING FOR IT. Especially on a german car. It will break more often than most hypercars

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Source on unreliability?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>the average 2023 car has almost two problems per year
          grim

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

what a fricking bullshit list...
          >Jew.D Power
          no wonder lol.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Compared against a ferrari, aston, or mclaren, yes it is more reliable.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

that's not really saying much. a Ford Pinto is more reliable than those.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

OP said exotics, can't you read?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

yea, and he didn't post one either, lmao.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

all lamborghinis are rebadged audis

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

just the huracan/gallardo. only real lamborghinis were the V12 ones.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

and the urus.
            its the other way around, only the aventador is exclusive to lambo.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Clarkson said super cars are like athletes always getting themselves injured.
      >source: his books
      Big shock super cars usually aren't reliable

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Can anons explain the point of these cars? You can't ride them fast on the streets, if you want to race them you have to heavily modify and must have at least 2-3 times the cost of the car to be able to do so. Why not just buy a f4 car/any track only vehicle which will be cheaper and faster around the track, and such more fun overall. If you just want to hit canyons and so on exotic cars are overkill anyway.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

highway on ramp pulls, highway pulls, overtaking with ease, twisties, enjoying the high performance suspension being used at menial commuting resulting in max comfy, enjoying the engine practically idling at the speed limit, and having the comfort of knowing you have the fastest fricking thing on the road that isnt some Black person v8

t.former gt3 porsche owner that unironically became poor

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

shitcoin 'investor'?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>fastest fricking thing on the road that isnt some Black person v8
        kek, seething because you thought you were hot shit and STILL got btfo by some guy in a camaro that costed half the price.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>going from DD a gt3 to poorgay
        your life must be wild

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Better to have lived and lost than never have lived at all.

even if all you used for the gt3 were the conditions you listed, you'd still only be using 1% of that car's capability. the straightline and cornering speeds a car like that was designed for can't be used day to day on any public roads.

i'd guess people who buy hyper performance cars and don't track them are either fans/collectors, buy them to flex on others or just not knowledgable about what these cars were built for. the first 2 reasons are perfectly valid reasons for people who have a lot of money.

>1%
          I agree you'll never get 100% out of a car on a poorly paved public road, but 1%? C'mon, now... But regardless of that, a GT3 comes basically track ready from factory, meaning that if you have the money for a GT3, you sure as shit have the money do the odd track day.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I agree you'll never get 100% out of a car on a poorly paved public road, but 1%? C'mon, now...

for a car like a gt3, pretty close. limits on a car like that are so high that you'll be in lose your license speed immediately or be chained by traffic getting nowhere close to what it can perform at. i was looking at getting a 981 cayman S during covid. a car with far lower limits than a gt3 but even that has gearing so high at the top end of 2nd gear is past highway speed limits here. you'd be hard pressed to ever hear the engine at high revs and doing a 5 second highway pull isn't using the car's capabilities. forget about backroad driving. way too sketchy. unless at a track day, i'd never be able to use the car close to its capability so i gave up on it and got something else. i'd like to buy a 4.0 cayman some day, but i know i'd be buying in the collector/fan category.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

even if all you used for the gt3 were the conditions you listed, you'd still only be using 1% of that car's capability. the straightline and cornering speeds a car like that was designed for can't be used day to day on any public roads.

i'd guess people who buy hyper performance cars and don't track them are either fans/collectors, buy them to flex on others or just not knowledgable about what these cars were built for. the first 2 reasons are perfectly valid reasons for people who have a lot of money.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>t.former gt3 porsche owner that unironically became poor
        I'd like to know how this can happen.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Gained the wealth with mining rigs when you could assemble them for under a grand yourself, BTC, and a really lucky investment in costco
          >First two years of the bitcoin boom I made 600k
          >completely ghosted my family
          >Thought it'd be a good idea to purchase 50 year old 800k house in the bay area
          >Instead of doing a simple 20% down payment I put 50% down to win the bid.
          >Still being in my early 20s with a basic highschool diploma that i barely got I didnt know shit about what I just started
          >thought it'd be a good idea to compliment my new house with a nice car to fit the area
          >go to porsche dealer
          >instead of doing a flat cash sale I finance it with 6% interest
          >tax season starts, completely fricks me over, owe state and federal for a total about 20k, but do monthly installments to pay them
          >next three years I'm essentially making 40k a year, which is barely liveable with my debt and area, have to get an actual job at night to cope
          >GT3 maintenance is killing my wallet at just 30k miles, have to unironically resort to ebay parts and doing non-dealer mechanics
          >get a fedex delivery that required my signature
          >open it to find out my mortgage company is suing me for fraud because I financed the porsche before the house financing closing, fricking up the debt to income ratio

then a bunch of other shit happened but the end result is I lost the house and got rid of the porsche but it was upside down equity because I had it serviced out the dealer and had ebay parts in it.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

pretty funny, and obvious where you went so wrong. you were in your early 20s, though, so its understandable that you weren't wise. i'm trying to do the exact same thing as you, minus the car and putting 20% down on the place of residence instead of 50. it also helps that i live in the part of america that no one wants to live in, so the cost of property is cheap here.

i do plan on ghosting my family, though. i'm deep in crypto and expect to be well over six figs by the end of the year. interesting to see if i'll frick myself as hard as you did. i'm 25.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

With a $160k salary I only got approved for a 450k mortgage. Impressive that you managed to get approved for $400k with no income whatsoever. And on top of that to get approved for the car.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

This is really why most people don't stay rich, they get money and they immediately start making impulse purchases and saying frick you to people they hate (not that I don't understand the impulse) instead of trying to continue using the lump sum to keep building wealth (imagine if you continued to invest in BTC or another alt like ETH or Chainlink or Monero).

To start with, 600k isn't really "frick you" money unless you plan on living like a miser or keeping your real job. The standard rule is that if you put a lump sum into a stock ETF that pays dividends, you get about 4% a year. So frick you money only *kinda* starts at a million, where you would be getting $40,000 a year. Not great, but if you keep your job you're making more than most people. Take that general rule and then calculate 4% of a theoretical lump sum and then decide how you want to live your life and then you start to figure out what "frick you" money is.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>completely ghosted my family

pretty funny, and obvious where you went so wrong. you were in your early 20s, though, so its understandable that you weren't wise. i'm trying to do the exact same thing as you, minus the car and putting 20% down on the place of residence instead of 50. it also helps that i live in the part of america that no one wants to live in, so the cost of property is cheap here.

i do plan on ghosting my family, though. i'm deep in crypto and expect to be well over six figs by the end of the year. interesting to see if i'll frick myself as hard as you did. i'm 25.

>i do plan on ghosting my family

This is really why most people don't stay rich, they get money and they immediately start making impulse purchases and saying frick you to people they hate (not that I don't understand the impulse) instead of trying to continue using the lump sum to keep building wealth (imagine if you continued to invest in BTC or another alt like ETH or Chainlink or Monero).

To start with, 600k isn't really "frick you" money unless you plan on living like a miser or keeping your real job. The standard rule is that if you put a lump sum into a stock ETF that pays dividends, you get about 4% a year. So frick you money only *kinda* starts at a million, where you would be getting $40,000 a year. Not great, but if you keep your job you're making more than most people. Take that general rule and then calculate 4% of a theoretical lump sum and then decide how you want to live your life and then you start to figure out what "frick you" money is.

>immediately start making impulse purchases and saying frick you to people they hate

What is fricking wrong with Americans. Why do you all hate your families?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Why do you all hate your families?
            WASP culture super enables people being shitty. Most people in America don't even like each other, they mostly just socialize to not look like a loser that doesn't have friends (even though your friends will probably stab you in the back and try to get you in legal trouble the minute you show any emotion to them constantly treating you like shit).

It's a mix of WASP culture (the obsession with procedure and decorum to the point of being "above" actually addressing the reality of anything) and the fact that as Adam Corolla on Loveline constantly pointed out, that all of the most stupid and dysfunctional people have been having a lot more kids than the rest of us and now we live in a culture where most people are basically subhuman but we have to pretend like they're our equals.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Anon you already know the answer. If your uncle Maximilian von Walmart suddenly dies and names you in his will I highly doubt you're going to remain in your current vehicle

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>if you want to race them you have to heavily modify
      There's such a thing as casual track use you know.
      I know this is just poor cope but the main reasons you buy a car like this are:
      >You're rich so you can always afford another daily driver
      >It looks cool
      >It sounds cool
      >It's more enjoyable to drive than a modern luxury SUV tank
      >It gets you pussy
      >You're not poor

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>You can't ride them fast on the streets
      lol
      lmao
      t. lost driving license twice for speeding

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>lost driving license twice for getting caught
        ftfy

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

you don't need to do modifications for just doing track days, outside of having tires that can deal with it and brakes in good condition

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

if you want something exotic and reliable, pic related is your best bet.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>hybrid
      >nu-nsx
      that's neither exotic, nor reliable

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Honda vs Audi
        its far more reliable than VAG shit.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>gated v10 vs automatic hybrid
      not remotely comparable

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

yea, the NSX is far better engineered. wouldn't compare it to VAG trash.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Heavier
          >Slower
          >V6
          lmaooo

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>lower quality
            >less reliable
            >VAG
            el em eff ah oh!

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I thought those things were notoriously unreliable?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

are you pants on head moronic.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

No but I want to frick the designer, so I have to lower her self esteem

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>gated v10? How about my 6shit hybrid tragimatic
      god. zoomers are so doomed.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Aren't these auto-only now? If yes, then that's gay

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

why did they only make like 75 manual huracans when there are 20k+total made?
    why are lambo buyers like this?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The people that have the capital to waste aren't into cars. They only car about status.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Give it a fricking rest

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>They hated him because he told them the truth
          Lambos are gaudy accessories of showing off wealth, simple as.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Why do you care? What is the point of these threads? You will never drive one of these.

>"Yo bros, is this million dollar paperweight reliable?"
          What a gaytastic question.

No one actually tracks these cars.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

R8s are like 90k used right now what are you on avlut

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

They made any manual ones at all?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Literally eggshit.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's basically seen as Audi's "Corvette"

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why would anyone buy this over a Corvette?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

LGBTQ

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

V10 > V8

More cylinders = more gooder

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It's not american so it can actually turn corners.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The C8 has a faster lap around the Nurburgring

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I'd get a Porsche if I cared about the memenring, there's like at least 3 different models that mog the frick out of the vette. OP was talking about reliablity anyway

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Goalpost shifting at speeds never before seen

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It also looks like it was designed by a 12yo gamer, there's another reason for you to get the audi

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah you're right that's probably why it's sales were so much lower
            Oh, wait

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>It also looks like it was designed by a 12yo gamer
            *tips fedora*

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Who cares? Your homosexual ass will never push any car to its limit. Arm chair racer wiener sucker.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Idk if you’re being serious or not but Audis are about getting Max performance, perfect traction, and not sacrificing NVH.
      Corvettes are about power and max performance and generally doesn’t give a frick about NVH or traction. The C7/C8 have moved towards Audi but it’s not there yet.

The corvette will spin tires and go sideways and it’s loud inside and you hear everything going under the car. Audi has perfect ability to p it power down so it always goes where it’s supposed to and it’s always quiet and comfy inside.

They’re totally different really, and if you don’t want to sacrifice performance for a little comfort get a corvette.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

all this cope shit you're talking about the NSX actually does better. its even quieter, more comfortable, and even easier to drive. if you're going to fall back on this kind of argument, then you might as well get that. otherwise, there isn't really a reason to choose an R8 over a C8 (but muh manual) there isn't really a reason to choose an R8 over a C7, then.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

NSX is a fricking V6 hondA hybrid.

Please just kys stupid weeb. Rich gays don’t want a V6 woman car and they wouldn’t be caught dead in a Honda. Poor gays are so moronic. It’s unreal. Just from now on do us all a favor and don’t click on any thread discussing things you’ll never afford, have never sat in, and have no idea at all what it’s like to own.

I mean frick off with this shit. ‘An Acura is actually better’

That type of thinking is pure poverty brain for 100 reasons. I’d explain but why bother?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

cool, so the corvette is the superior option. no reason to bother with the R8.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>no manual
            no opinion.
            also the older c7 z06 is one big engineering disaster.
            the c7 zr1 is okay tho.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>V10
            >AWD

Which corvette was that again?
            I like both btw, but they’re totally different experiences

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

AWD is for pussies. get an NSX, then, you're a big pussy. get a Viper if you want a V10 manual. either is a better driver's car than the pussy whipped R8.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

If you want a V10 why don't you just buy a truck with one? V10's are useless in a sports car.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>4WD
    AWD =/= 4x4
    Especially a biased AWD

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The R8 is underrated in skittles colors.
    Why was everyone so boring and ordering all of them in black, white, and grey?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Why was everyone so boring and ordering all of them in black, white, and grey?
      The average person is terrified to stand out from the crowd.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

literally every car is like this and honestly eye rape red isn't much better than various shades of npc gray

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Damn, this looks so fricking boring from the front. Literally just a rounded off snub of a front end.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

the r8 and its shitty walmart rope lights always looked awful

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

aston martin

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

nobody's gonna call out OP for lying about the r8 v10 having a manual transmission?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

?si=2XPqrbhkL6rZS1rC&t=281
      congrats on outing yourself as a poorly informed car illiterate zoomer.
      Consider yourself gatekept.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

that's the old model you disingenuous Black person

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

The car is discontinued. They're all 'old models', you pedantic moron.
          Factory manual v10 r8s unambiguously exist.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *