Millennial Gray

When will the gray scale fleet vehicle larp fad end?

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>gray > yellow > BR Green > safety yellow > metallic black > red > blue >brown metallic >anything flat > anything Matte > white

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

nah, FRICK flat matte NPC gray (and similar colors). Those are the absolute worst.
      Metallic white with black accents and black wheels can look good.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They can all look good, but I'm tired of seeing the same shit. I want to see colorful roads, like America used to have. What is the point of getting a car in a non-moronic color?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>white with black accents and black wheels
        no

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>nah, FRICK flat matte npc gray (and similar colors).
        >anything flat > anything Matte > white
        please anon, learn to read

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>white with black accents and black wheels
        >2010+14
        >still doing stormtrooper builds

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

t. NPC

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

When people make enough money to buy cars in strange colors. The only reason I have bought white or black cars in the times that I did is specifically because they were the cheapest.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

fr. I've seen color upgrades that would eat up an entire paycheck.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They can all look good, but I'm tired of seeing the same shit. I want to see colorful roads, like America used to have. What is the point of getting a car in a non-moronic color?

Back in the 70s a lot of cars didn't even have silver or grey as an option. People avoided white like the plague because of its strong association with fleet/rental cars. Greens and oranges were just the fad colours of that era, just like beige and silver in the early 00s. By the time the 80s rolled around those 70s disco colours were seen as the pinnacle of ugly.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Silver is an absolutely horrid color for a car and I wish it had never been invented.

• 3 weeks ago
      p

It's actually the best color, scientifically speaking. I'm not telling you why tho

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

gay

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

dag kankerleider

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Kopen?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nee ik wil geen grijze auto

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Dat is zilver homo

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Net als je haar zeker

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Oke goeie

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

keep your abomination of a """language""" on reddit

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'll never understand Germans fascination with silver. Only thing I can think of is buying into that meme of "i had fun once"

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Arrows
          it's been their national color since the invention of automobile racing

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>The colours have their origin in the national teams competing in the Gordon Bennett Cup, which was held annually in 1900-1905. Count Eliot Zborowski, father of inter-war racing legend Louis Zborowski, suggested that each national entrant be allotted a different colour. The first competition in 1900 assigned: Blue to France, Yellow to Belgium, White to Germany and Red to the United States. (Italy did not adopt its famous 'Racing Red' until a red Fiat won the Grand Prix race in 1907).

BMW still paints their race cars white for this reason.
          Mercedes and Auto Union, to save weight and time, simply did not paint their cars at all.
          The "silver" is literally just the color of bare metal which is absolutely German as frick

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

[...]

>The colours have their origin in the national teams competing in the Gordon Bennett Cup, which was held annually in 1900-1905. Count Eliot Zborowski, father of inter-war racing legend Louis Zborowski, suggested that each national entrant be allotted a different colour. The first competition in 1900 assigned: Blue to France, Yellow to Belgium, White to Germany and Red to the United States. (Italy did not adopt its famous 'Racing Red' until a red Fiat won the Grand Prix race in 1907).

BMW still paints their race cars white for this reason.
        Mercedes and Auto Union, to save weight and time, simply did not paint their cars at all.
        The "silver" is literally just the color of bare metal which is absolutely German as frick

Based.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Gray and silver are the worst colors for a car, followed closely by white.

White and silver have the highest light reflective values which means they reflect the most light and keep the car cooler, wrenchlets.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Silver is based.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

older boxy/angular stuff like

https://i.imgur.com/tkeZfoi.jpeg

looks based in silver, smooth curvy stuff like what you posted looks gay as frick in silver

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

[...]
          Nah. Bright colors like that on a truck just make them look like a toy. If a truck is a tool it shouldn't look like a fricking Ryobi.

Absolute tastelet.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the "silver" on most cars is just glossy grey
      unless you can get mirror finish, it's not silver

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I like silver and gray, especially like pic related, but it’s so over used.
      I bought a new car in orange with a manual transmission so I’m not part of the problem.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

For me its white with lower half matte black + base model plastic bumpers.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Here you go sir

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i had a silver car and could go 6 months between washes and not even tell the difference. for that reason alone it's a valid choice

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Gray and silver are the worst colors for a car, followed closely by white.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Your 120hp econobox doesn't need to be lime green, homosexual. If you want some frick boy color just wrap it.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yes it does, homosexual.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Kino

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Is it green?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yes. Very.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What if I'm asked to take part in a beach assault with the Royal Marines?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why the frick not?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That silver and black one on the middle left looks pretty based ngl

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It's a nice rich shade of silver but I wouldn't pick it over that metallic teal, one of the various shades of green, that deep blue or especially that cherry red tbh

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah those are all pretty nice

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm going to buy a yellow car.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A ton of cars don't even have a bright color option anymore.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Never. It’s a never-ending cycle of dealers ordering less colors which automakers read as less demand for colors so they only produce and allocate grayscale cars. Saves them money too unless they’re Porsche who has buyers willing to pay thousands extra just to obtain a rare color.
    If buyers could actually choose whatever color their car would be I think we would see a lot of variety, but most people don’t care enough and will just buy what’s on the lot.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You absolutely can choose whatever colour you want, if you order a car bespoke. The issue is a significant percentage of new car buyers just pick whatever is on the lot because they don't want to wait for their order to be completed, or because the dealer is having a sale to clear out the model year. Because more people will choose the silver car over the purple one, dealers order far more silver cars so they're not stuck with a lot filled with undesirable shit that sits for months hogging up lot space and making them no money. Which means people buy more silver cars. So dealers order more silver. THAT's the cycle. It'll only be broken if buyers started ordering cars they wanted rather than being lazy.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Bespoke
        The color still needs to be an option from the manufacturer.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

some dealers know how to get stuff that isn't normally orderable. utility fleets can order cars in unusual colors all the time like those minty green forest service cars, or DOT yellow

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Dodge used to let you order fleet colors on their trucks at least as recently as 2020 as a retail customer.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They still let you do it but only on the Classic models.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's honestly pretty based. On top of how they're still making the last gen 1500 itself.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>tfw no scsb forest service green BGE 6.4 with a hellcat blower swap trugg

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Millenials are the least tacky generation by far. Ooo look at me I need a red car and rotting wood furniture all around my house!

I bet you own something wicker *gag*

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>muh resale value

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

uncanny

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This and the fact that most colors cost like $500 to addon to even cheapo economy cars

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Amazingly accurate

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like green 🙂

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

same :3

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

NPC grey can look good. It's not the best colour but in certain lights I really like the look of mine
    It'll certainly do the trick til I can get a long beach/snapper rocks blue M2

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nice looking hatch, anon.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I like this tone of grey where it looks like a very light blue, I think VW also had something similar at one point

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

never

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

none of these colours are available for purchase

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The red is

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bottom looks so boring compared to top

https://i.imgur.com/jEuTcaj.jpeg

gay

Honestly mers is one of few cars where i prefer them in grey/silver
      Otherwise dislike the colours

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>funny colored car
      >junkyard panel special

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I kinda want a Polo Harlekin now and put a 1.8t in it, there is one near me, but I don't know if it's genuine

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>drive a bright colored car
    >gets noticed
    >gets stolen
    🙁

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

your logic is backwards, the easier it is to notice, the easier it is to find once stolen. literally ask anyone to spot the only fricking pink car in the entire city.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>meeting room ethernet cables keep getting stolen
      >replace it with hot pink cable
      >never goes missing ever again
      like what

your logic is backwards, the easier it is to notice, the easier it is to find once stolen. literally ask anyone to spot the only fricking pink car in the entire city.

says. this also applies to tools. if your shit keeps going missing, just dip everything in hot pink, everyone will know right away whose it actually is if it ends up in someone else's toolbox.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

pink chads stay winning

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>dip it in black paint
        shieeeeeeeeets mine now

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>larp
    Larp of what?

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Already has, in the last few years all the stuff being sold is various shades of blue, green, and brown but in that weird no-flake wet putty finish everyone is using now.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Godspeed glossy yellow o7
    I could see where I parked my car from the top of a hiking trail.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If your car is not black, you are a homosexual.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I want my truck in Forest Green not BBC Black, homosexual

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Black reminds you of your wife’s bull. Only reason you like it

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Non-npc colors usually costs too much. The other fricked up thing car companies do is lock paint colors onto premium trims.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why is white oftentimes a premium color?
    White sucks

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Trying to squeeze a few extra bucks out of moms, is my suspicion. The white SUV/crossover is the iconic soccer mom mobile. But I don't usually hate white, depends on the car. Sometimes it's classy as frick, and I think white trucks look nice sometimes.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

White appeals to iToddlers who are stupid and fiscally irresponsible so they will pay out the ass for a shitty paint color

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Everyone wants to be white deep down so they capitalize on that

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It will always be a fleet color for me
      >t. drove one to work owned by a company.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You mean as pearlescent white? That's because it's a different style of painting, like how metallic paint is considered more premium than just solid paint

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Millennial Gray
    Boomers have been pushing the market towards gray because it's a neutral color and has the least impact to resale value. You can see the trend started to take off in the 90s. Also, that chart is flawed because gray and silver are different paint colors yet it seems to lump them together unless it's white and silver that are together.

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I barely ever see a blue golf of any gen and im german

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They all went to eastern europe

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You can do your part by buying a new car in a real colour

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

$100 says you're a jeet.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Not seeing a new car

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>build/spec car online
    >paint options
    >"white"
    >"fancy white"
    >"fancy off-white"
    >"black"
    >"fancy black"
    >"gray"
    >"dark blue that might as well be fancy black 2"

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

just buy an older and nicer car, and get it painted whatever color you want

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

what car?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I don't remember what car got this sadness in my mind, probably a ford, the F150 has terrible color options, one of the higher trim levels has SEVEN different monochrome paint options

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

gay

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Trucks should never be yellow, red or blue. What other colors do you really need for a truck?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Blue is nice on some trucks imo.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

90s pickups in red fricked

Nah. Bright colors like that on a truck just make them look like a toy. If a truck is a tool it shouldn't look like a fricking Ryobi.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I think u r gay

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>he doesn't want a life-sized Tonka truck
            You have no soul

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that's exactly what kidbrained truckoids want, though

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

90s pickups in red fricked

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Kek I have that exact car. 2ss 1le in vivid orange or whatever it’s called, with the black hood and everything.
        I’m

https://i.imgur.com/gNfHyT5.jpeg

I like silver and gray, especially like pic related, but it’s so over used.
        I bought a new car in orange with a manual transmission so I’m not part of the problem.

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For me its a red and silver land barge. Also, do any cars do the raised hood ornament anymore?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

a very small handful of "luxury" brands still have some

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/a0qKWsO.jpeg

a very small handful of "luxury" brands still have some

Who had the best hood ornament, d'ya reckon? I always liked Jaguar's.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Im biased cause my dad sold them when i was a kid so its fond memories but i will always like the ones Cadillac did.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I don't particularly love the design of them, but I also have fond memories of playing around with the Lincoln Towncar ornaments, my dad drove those things as long as I could remember.

I miss him bros.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Jag is definitely the best both the leaper and the growler are great. I do like the gun sight hood ornament on my Lincoln and the Merc gun sight though.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous
        • 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Damn it still looks good.

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you're going to go for one of the boring 4, you might as well go for the best version of it.

>ultra white supremacist white

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>ultra white supremacist white
      Yet ironically only people of color drive white vehicles

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I mostly see black people in black Chrysler 300s or black Mercedes (always with blacked out wheels too).

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I still see more blacks rocking the "stormtrooper" gaygatory. Brownoids and Asians always have white cars because they're the cheapest to keep clean.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Most asians I see don't seem to care, they just go with pretty much any color and let it rot.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

thought it was a Model 3 at a glance

28. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

trucks can be any color they want

29. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Red paint hides defects and surface scratches really well in my experience.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It fades like hell though, it's probably the most UV sensitive paint color there is.

30. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It will end in 2050 when we enter the stainless steel era.

31. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Good morning sirs

32. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Blue scale is the next color fad

33. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I think its awesome that I can go with clearcoat over primer and be bleeding edge cool. Saves time and money.

34. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Most Mazdas I see are in soul red even though it's the most expensive color.

35. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like metallic colours, I have titanium silver E39 and millennium silver ES330 and both look beautiful but not bland

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *