Modern Manuals

I want a new sports car and it needs to have a manual. Im pretty enamoured with the idea of buying an Emira but it is a lot of money and think there's probably some equally rad vehicles at that price point. Outside of the 718 what should I be looking at?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

corvettes, I'd stay away from the 718 since it's McDonald's. Here's he ranking.

C6
    C5
    Emira
    350z
    Boxter

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You forgot the Dodge Challenger and it has zero shifting assist.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

cars been in production for like 20 years now and it doesnt even come in manual kek. just goes to show you who it was designed for.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The Challenger can be had in manual. You are thinking of the Charger. I dont really like either though.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You forgot the Dodge Challenger and it has zero shifting assist.

>sports car
            >challenger

Pick one. A challenger is an absolute fricking boat.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The lightest challenger trim is lighter than a new m2, mustang dark horse, it's several hundred pounds lighter than a new m4, and the new M5 is slighted to weigh in at 5300lbs, which is 1500 more than the chally wally. Sorry m8, you can't just echo stuff you hear online

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

370Z > 350Z.
      But both are starting to get on now. Anything in current production should probably be better in this thread.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I agree but essentially it's the same car with tweaks so I just call it a 350z. Even the nu-z to me is a 350z. Not saying it's a bad thing either, sports car design does not change much.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Based i loved my old t56s i miss them but prices shit here now and the zf6 is a better box especially with rolling boost

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>I'd stay away from the 718 since it's McDonald's
      You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The 718 is widely considered to be one of the best handling and driving new cars available today, but you somehow know more about suspension design than Porsche does.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>its better because its from my homosexual continent, is grossly overpriced and built like shit, even if the American car is better in every single measurable objective way

Europeans are so fricking pathetic. Porches and lotus are dogshit cars. Its okay if you like them, but if we are talking actual performance, American cars take a heaping shit all over anything from Europistan

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>made no mention of continent or country of origin
          >muh 'Murrican cars are so much better
          Reading comprehension clearly isn't your thing.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

In every single test the americuck shitboxes get utterly btfo by the eurochad precision machines.
          All you can do is add more horsepower with absolutely no finesse and hope that moronic minorities fall for it.

I recently even saw a test with an M5 comp shitting on a hellcat in a straight line. The humiliation.

Stick to warfare, fast food and stupid, crude and dumb shit but don't ever get the idea that your pieces of unrefined, pleb tier dogshit could hold a candle against a German or Italian car.
          Hell, I'd buy a french one before considering a burgercar.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You cannot afford a European made sports car. Its not for you, its for the lords that rule over you while you bike to work or at best, drive a 100hp turbodiesel Seat cupra. For less than half the price, any redblooded White American can pick up a corvette that in the worst case, is 0.01 seconds slower than some 1 of 100 italian supercar.
            I am here talking about cars I've owned or can own whenever I want. The only time you'll ever drive one of your European sports cars is on Forza.

• 2 months ago
        faggot

>but you somehow know more about suspension design than Porsche does.
        no, i know more about suspension design than you. if your car has mcdonalds it was designed as a rental first and foremost. im not the one who makes these rules up btw.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Sorry to break it to you, but modern manuals are so full of electronic aids and assistance its not much different to an automatic

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>but modern manuals are so full of electronic aids
      What electronic aid presses the clutch in and pulls the shift lever for you? Dumbass fricking homosexual lamo. You've never driven a car have you?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

i wouldn't say full of aids, but they may have auto rev match/rev hang which some people don't like, usually because the only way to turn those off is typically by fricking around with the ECU. I know the BMW F80 M3 can turn off rev match in the sport plus mode, but if you want it off in any other mode, too bad. ECU frickery required.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>auto rev match/rev hang
          The fact that you think these two are in any way equivalent shows your utter ignorance of manual transmissions, and that you can safely be ignored and ridiculed.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Not that guy but he's referring to a real thing in many new manuals. On my ND Miata, if you hit the rev limit in 1 and then go to neutral, it will quickly drop a few thousand RPM and then hold at the correct RPM for 2.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Might want to work on your reading comprehension.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

...no? You're blatantly in the wrong and being a frick about it. Post keys even.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

...no? You're blatantly in the wrong and being a frick about it. Post keys even.

Revmatch and rev hang are not the same thing dumb ass.

Revmatch is coded into the ECU. Rev hang is an issue with emissions control.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You keep running your mouth you'll miss the bus, homosexual

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Not the same person as

i didn't say or think these were equivalent though? i was saying auto revmatch or rev hang

or

Might want to work on your reading comprehension.

dumbshit. You're still wrong.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Flat poster count, still no keys. You're a colossal homosexual.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

i didn't say or think these were equivalent though? i was saying auto revmatch or rev hang

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>full of aids
          rofl

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Define "modern manual" because a DCT is not a manual, its an automated manual.

If it has a clutch pedal and H-pattern odds are the only two electrical parts on it are the reverse light and speed sensor.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>i need a modern car minus the modern convenience
    keep driving your dad's hand me down bimmer

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Be a chad, build a factory 5 replica ford gt.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That would honestly be rad but I do not have the space or time for that.

5. 2 months ago
    p

xBOW DOWN

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I know the Lotus does not have any rev matching. It does have hill assist but thats actually kinda nice imo.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

How's that nice and not a complete gimmick. I mean manual trans has been around for thousands of years and just now they're adding AIDS to help you take off in first. Go play your Nintendo game station you homosexual.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Post car homosexual

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>hill assist
      It's called a handbrake

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

learn to drive an automatic old man
    >paddle shifters
    >left foot braking
    >faster shift times
    >zero chance of stalling
    >cost less to buy new and used due to market pressures
    >are often actually cheaper to repair/replace since parts are much more common
    the only people who still want manuals are moronic boomers

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>are often actually cheaper to repair/replace since parts are much more common

zozzle my tozzle

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>>are often actually cheaper

Tell me you've never had an auto rebuilt without saying a goddamn thing.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You dont rebuild, you buy another one used.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It saves clutch and you dont have to stress over buttholes who pull up to your bumper at stop signs

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

if anything, that's their problem. it's funny fricking with people that do that too, couple occasions where i've seen the panic in their eyes when i start rolling back before taking off. at the next set of lights they stay really far back haha

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's probably below your price range but the ND Miata has a 10/10 shifter, and short enough gears that you get to row through them. It's a direct setup, no linkages. A friend thought something was broken because it vibrates with the engine lol. Only complaint I'll make is the clutch is light but completely numb.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Only complaint I'll make is the clutch is light but completely numb
      The frick are you supposed to feel through the clutch pedal you dumb frick LAMO. You want the lightest clutch pull possible since it's easier to actuate precisely. I bet you shill heavy ass shift knobs too.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I can't stand heavy but I've actually felt the change in resistance as the clutch started to bite on previous manuals I've driven. You learn to do fine without it but I can't claim it's a good thing.

Heavy shift knobs have the exact opposite effect, if you're going to fling shit at least aim, homosexual.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>You want the lightest clutch pull possible since it's easier to actuate precisely
        Not really, a heavier clutch is much nicer because you can actually feel where the bite point is. The best manuals I've driven have had short, quite heavy clutch travel.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

All things being equal heavy clutches usually mean that the pressure plate has a higher rating.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Dumbass, I bet you shill heavy shift knobs. you have no tools btw.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

ND2 Club, Nupra, nu-86.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Supra

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

emira is just a fat evora with a lazy bodykit
    save some money and get the better car

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I went out and test drove an Emira. It actually had quite an old school feel to it. Everything still felt quite mechanical. Unfortunately they only had an automatic to take out so I didnt get to experience it the way I wanted. The sounds are amazing and putting down the window basically mainlines the supercharger to your ear. The interior was a real surprise. It was actually well put together. Far better than any Lotus Ive ever seen. I really liked it.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Modern manuals kick ass, have one in my explorer

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

OP, I think you are getting confused, you are bringing up clutched manuals, which are slow and ancient tech. Modern manuals don't have a clutch pedal.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Modern manuals don't have a clutch pedal.

Again a DCT is not a manual any more than a Semiauto rifle is a Machine gun even though both operate on the same principles. A "Modern Manual" is an H pattern with a clutch pedal. End of story.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Again a DCT is not a manual any more than a Semiauto rifle is a Machine gun even though both operate on the same principles. A "Modern Manual" is an H pattern with a clutch pedal. End of story.

The future is now, boomer

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You've never handled a clutch plate in your life nor know what the inside of transmission looks like.

Sit down child.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Wrong, used to work as mine mechanic, I've seen all sorts of propulsion and transmission systems, including 60 year old pneumatic over hydraulic shit you wouldn't believe
          >sit down
          Redditspeak

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Wrong, used to work as mine mechanic,

Washing dirt off a back hoe doesn't make you shit dumbass. A DCT is not a manual, and you're a fricking liar.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Can manually select gears, so it's a modern manual. A clutched manual (aka "legacy manual" ) is what you are referring to

17. 2 months ago
    faggot

>hop into my modern manual
    >theres no clutch so i cant stall out (hate stalling out)
    >shifts in .000001 seconds and it cant mis-shift (hate mis-shifting)
    >hill-assist so i NEVER roll back when i take off (hate rolling back)
    sounds amazing

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It unironically does sound amazing

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>It unironically does sound amazing
        It is lol manual homosexuals are sticks in their muddy shift gated meme boxes that belong in old farm equipment and trucks

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>modern
    Bro, there is nothing modern about 1 second shifts and going out of boost every time you need to be in a new gear, just so you can appease the poorgay circlejerk

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *