Modern manuals >>>clutched manuals

Just got my first modern manual, am definitely never going back, this thing is great. Fast af shifts and never going out of boost

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Define "modern manual."

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Manually selecting the gear rather than letting a transmission control module select for you.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It will select for you. It is just a slight delay you can give it in manual mode

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

No delay here, it's in the new gear before I even am able to release the gear selector. My clutched manual felt like closer to a 1-2 seconds before the engine was engaged with the wheels again

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Been my experience as well. IMHO it's modern manuals>clutched manuals > plain auto>vacuum actuated auto>>>cvt

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

modern manual with paddles> modern manual with floor shifter>clutched manual>auto
            CVT isn't even in the running IMO

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Eh, for me it would be, starting with the shittiest:
            >Auto
            >CVT
            >Clutched manual
            >modern manual
            >DCT

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

cvts are GAY as FRICK. Post your dct car you little poselet

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Reding comprehension of 0, I said cvts ate almost the shittiest, only old autos are worse

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah you're fricking moronic if you think that. cvts are GAY as FRICK

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

modern manual with paddles> modern manual with floor shifter>clutched manual>auto
            CVT isn't even in the running IMO

On real roads my flappy paddle CVT seems to do better than any manual or auto car I've ever driven. Plenty of engine braking, plenty of hill launching, still rocks the chassis in a pull.

That being said it DOES have 1st gear, then it goes to the band. I guess if you live out in the styx without a light every 50 seconds and hill every 100, you can stand driving a :"real" sports car around.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Lol what the frick there's gay ass cvt cope on DA now? Hahahahhahahahahahaha

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

better than autos

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

ahahahajahaha cvt cope is fricking hilarious

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

are you sitting here actually defending autos?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

i'm laying down in bed. are you "sitting here" actually defending fricking cvts?! hahahahhahahahahahHah

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You think a homosexual ass cvt is better than a ZF8 because the ZF has a torque convertor? How about a TH400? Torque convertor also. I guess cvts are better than that too. This board is fricking trash.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

All those auto trannies are trash dude

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You mean modern manuals? Significantly faster upshifts and downshift than clutched manuals

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I’m convinced this entire thread is 1-2 gays trolling.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What gave you that impression anon?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I did not mean that. This mode usually changes the gear eventually as the computer is the one who has final say.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I had a clutched manual like that one, old merc, had some mechanical safety to prevent money shifting based on wheel speed. It sometimes was overzealous and a PITA, but so far my modern manual hasn't done anything like that, clicked down from 5 to 2 tue other day and ended up at 7200 rpm. Oops, lol.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

modern clutched manuals often have a delay valve. This slows down shifting speeds but makes it smoother for busriders.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Gr8 b8, m8. I r8 8/8.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it's an automatic transmissions with buttons that let you make a suggestion to the transmission computer which gear you want it to be in, which it may or may not follow.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Fast af shifts and never going out of boost
    skill issue

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Fast af shifts
      Skill issue

Lol, are there bots on DA? I used to drive clutched manuals, and skill is definitely a big component of it, but ultimately you will run into limitations of the technology. It's like when my dad updated the vacuum modulator and governor on his ancient TH350 auto. It shifted better, sure, but still got mogged by clutched manuals, modern autos, and modern manuals by a country mile. Didn't matter so much for his build because that 383 made torque everywhere and the tires would spin regardless

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

NO CLUTCH PEDAL NOT A MANUAL
        I TELL YA WHAT I TAUGHT MY WIFE TO DRIVE WHEN SHE WAS 16, AND SHES THE BEST DAMN MANUAL DRIVER. I NEED TO KEEP AN EYE ON HER NOW THAT BOBS WIFE IS DEAD, HES BEEN GETTING FRISKY WITH HER

Willam (Bill) Cody
        -------------------------
        '69 Challenger first owner
        '02 Dodge RAM 3500 for sale, $23,000
        2023 Nissan Altima (for the wife)

MOPAR OR NO CAR
        IF YOU CAN'T DODGE IT, RAM IT!

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Lol, why is this geriatric typing with caps lock on? Probably also shouldn't use your real doxx on DA, just saying. Lots of manuals don't have third pedals, even a lot of clutched manuals don't have them. Some old German clutched manuals just had a button on the shifter that operated a motorized clutch. I also had some old trucks where the clutch was a lever and not a pedal. Modern manuals don't have a clutch at all, you just select the gear and solenoids lock/unlock some of the planetary gears to change the ratio. Hope this helps explain

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

JIM HERE LIKE BILLY SAID NO CLUTCH PEDAL NOT A MANUAL. NOTHING GETS THE HIGHSCHOOL GIRLS GOING LIKE WHEN I DUMP THE CLUTCH IN FRONT OF THERE SCHOOL BUS. BALL AND CHAINS GETTING SUSPICIOUS SO ILL BUY HER ANOTHER PURSE HAHA…

Jim “Four Barrel” Henson
            United States Postal Service ‘70-‘73 (Honorable Discharge)
            ——————————
            ‘70 DOG BOX Camaro Z28
            ‘05 Ford Thunderbird (Sunday driver)
            ‘03 Chevy Suburban
            ‘11 Nissan Juke (wifes POS)

KEEP ON TRUCKIN

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh, I get it now, this is satire making fun of boomers who think manuals have to have clutch pedals. Lmao

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>United States Postal Service ‘70-‘73 (Honorable Discharge)
            What would a dishonorable discharge be

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

newbies everywhere in this thread

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

[...]
            Fricking lurk more than a day before posting, dirty newhomosexual.

Lol, bots

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh, I get it now, this is satire making fun of boomers who think manuals have to have clutch pedals. Lmao

Fricking lurk more than a day before posting, dirty newhomosexual.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>modern manual
          Not matter how much you try to get around saying it, it's an automatic. I get it you're ashamed and feel like less of a man, but don't try and hide it.

JIM HERE LIKE BILLY SAID NO CLUTCH PEDAL NOT A MANUAL. NOTHING GETS THE HIGHSCHOOL GIRLS GOING LIKE WHEN I DUMP THE CLUTCH IN FRONT OF THERE SCHOOL BUS. BALL AND CHAINS GETTING SUSPICIOUS SO ILL BUY HER ANOTHER PURSE HAHA…

Jim “Four Barrel” Henson
          United States Postal Service ‘70-‘73 (Honorable Discharge)
          ——————————
          ‘70 DOG BOX Camaro Z28
          ‘05 Ford Thunderbird (Sunday driver)
          ‘03 Chevy Suburban
          ‘11 Nissan Juke (wifes POS)

KEEP ON TRUCKIN

Look at these boomer pasta posts from zoomers trying to deflect they can't drive manuals

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No, manual means dictating gear with your hands, hence "manual". That's a feature common to both modern manuals and clutched manuals. Computers get involved in both, particularly with clutched manuals, where they cut spark to greatly reduce engine torque on shifts when they sense the driver is depressing the clutch pedal to make the shift easier for the driver to execute successfully. Even some clutched manuals have had mechanical lock outs for shifts to prevent money shifting. The definition of manual isn't synonymous with "no nannies" and if your personal definition is, well, lol, have fun with your 1930s tractors I guess. If you are done purity spiraling, I suggest you get a modern manual, just so much faster up and down

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

based navy chef
          thank you for your 4 months of service

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Thank you for your service!

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Welcome to the club! I was surprised the ford I got last year had a manual in it. It's fun rowing through the gears, I can see the appeal. If I am honest though, I usually just leave it in sport mode.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Lol, that's not a manual, it's faster than one though so poorgays will continue seething ITT and coping about how it takes them a full second to shift

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

YWNBARM

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Fast af shifts
    Skill issue

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Fastest drag cars in the world dont even have a transmission which of course means your street car should also be equipped with a single use clutch. All posts below this are gay.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That doesn't sound very practical. I'll tell you what is practical. Planetary gearsets. They are compact and can take tons of torque. It not really feasible to have a planetary gearset with a clutched manual, but most modern manuals have them

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Manual transmission means manual clutch control and manual gear selection. Flappy paddle automatics may have manual gear selection, but they lack manual clutch control and are therefore not manual gearboxes, ergo, they are automatic gearboxes.

Proper modern manual gearboxes don't have H-pattern shifters and slow clutches either: sequential dogboxes with quickshifters is where it's at. Full manual control, all the performance of a modern automatic.

Daily driver street cars should have 8 speed automatics, fun street cars H-pattern manual, performance cars sequential dogbox. Street/strip cars should have a Lenco.

No, manual means dictating gear with your hands, hence "manual". That's a feature common to both modern manuals and clutched manuals. Computers get involved in both, particularly with clutched manuals, where they cut spark to greatly reduce engine torque on shifts when they sense the driver is depressing the clutch pedal to make the shift easier for the driver to execute successfully. Even some clutched manuals have had mechanical lock outs for shifts to prevent money shifting. The definition of manual isn't synonymous with "no nannies" and if your personal definition is, well, lol, have fun with your 1930s tractors I guess. If you are done purity spiraling, I suggest you get a modern manual, just so much faster up and down

>No, manual means dictating gear with your hands, hence "manual".
      No, it means both manual gear selection and clutch control.
      > If you are done purity spiraling, I suggest you get a modern manual, just so much faster up and down
      Nah, get a motorcycle with a quickshifter, now that is transmission purity (and performance).

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>No, it means both manual gear selection and clutch control
        There is no clutch control on a quickahift bike, are you high?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Quickshift bikes are modern manuals and not clutched manuals since they eliminate need for a clutch

>Quickshift bikes [...] eliminate need for a clutch
          >There is no clutch control on a quickahift bike, are you high?
          Yes there is a clutch on quickshifter bikes, that's what the clutch lever is for. You still have full manual control of the clutch. Even on a non-quickshifter motorcycle, you can upshift and downshift without a clutch, that's due to the dogbox arrangement of the transmission. This applies to the vast majority of motorcycles, but is also sometimes an upgrade performed on racecar transmissions, e.g.:
          >https://www.ppgearbox.com/product-page/tremec-t56-6-speed-dog-box
          The only advantage a quickshifter bring is that it cuts ignition for a short period (30-100ms) so you don't need to get off the throttle to unload the gears so you can bang it into the next gear (or revmatch to go down a gear).

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>the way to make a clutched manual on a bike good is to make it behave like a modern manual
            >title of thread is "modern manuals manuals"
            I'm not sure you even are disagreeing with OP

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The way OP defines it is the shift is computer controlled. You ask the ECU if you can up or downshift and it performs the action for you.
            On a motorcycle it is not computer controlled. The shifter is mechanically connected to the transmission. With a quick shifter, a sensor tells the ECU that the shift lever is being moved and the ECU cuts ignition for a split second to unload the transmission to allow for a smooth shift. There's a clear difference.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>With a quick shifter, a sensor tells the ECU that the shift lever is being moved and the ECU cuts ignition for a split second to unload the transmission to allow for a smooth shift
            The computer is still assisting in the shift and, most importantly, the driver is defining the gear to be in. Clearly there is a difference between clutched manuals and modern manuals, I don't think anyone itt is arguing otherwise

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

A modern manual can be a clutched manual, and is. A car with paddles, especially a modern one on a road car, is a semi-automatic.
            Shit bait thread.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>>the way to make a clutched manual on a bike good is to make it behave like a modern manual
            You're strawmanning hard here.
            OP has (and you have) been calling an automatic with manual gear selection a ''modern manual'', and a regular manual gearbox a ''clutched manual''. which is a misrepresentation of facts. A proper manual gearbox has manual gear selection and manual clutch operation.
            A ''modern manual'' (wrong term, paraphrasing here) is not a manual, because at its core it is still an automatic gearbox with automatic clutch control, ergo, not a manual. A ''clutched manual'' is a tautology, because a manual gearbox by definition has a clutch (which is manual operated).
            So no, the way to make a manual gearbox on a bike good is not to make it behave like an automatic with manual gear selection, because then it's not a manual anymore.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>because a manual gearbox by definition has a clutch
            Would you consider a bicycle transmission, which is operated with a tensioned cable but no clutch, to be manual?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

A bicycle isn't a automobile so isn't relevant to this topic

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Then why did that one anon bring up motorcycles?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Semantics. We're talking about vehicles that are not powered by human energy.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

A bicycle is not a motor vehicle and the transmission system is completely different. There is no need to decouple power and final drive, after all.

>Manual transmission means manual clutch control and manual gear selection. Flappy paddle automatics may have manual gear selection, but they lack manual clutch control and are therefore not manual gearboxes, ergo, they are automatic gearboxes.
            do you think the koenigsegg cc850 has a manual transmission? (legit question, I don't really know myself if I would count it as manual or not)

>do you think the koenigsegg cc850 has a manual transmission?
            Manual gear selection and manual clutch control, so yes. It's basically using an electronically controlled clutch as opposed to hydraulic or mechanical assist. Which you would think would suck because electronic gives zero feedback, but apparently they have a hydraulic feedback system. Absolutely neato, best of both world, probably costs more than an entry level Ferrari to implement.

Then why did that one anon bring up motorcycles?

Because motorcycle and car transmissions are functionally identical. Just about any motorcycle transmission concept can be applied to a car.

Sounds like a skill issue, most modern manuals don't deny you unless you are trying to money shift and even then if your aren't moronic you can just go into the trans tune and turn off shift denial by setting thresholds to something unrealistic like 20000ft lbs. Imo the ppl clinging to clutched manuals are no different than boomers clinging to carbs because they were intimidated to actually understand how to tune EFI. Same thing, clutched manual boomers cling to objectively slow transmissions because tuning a TCM scares them. Manual is still the right term because you dictate the gear yourself

>Clutched manuals
            Drive yourself off a cliff.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This guy gets it. I clutch less shift all the time and I don't have a quick shifter.
            Next he's gonna say that semi trucks are "modern manuals"

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Guess you can get away with having a clutched manual on a bike then, tbh they would probably be even faster with modern manuals. On a car though, modern manual>clutched manual any day of the week.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>With a quick shifter, a sensor tells the ECU that the shift lever is being moved and the ECU cuts ignition for a split second to unload the transmission to allow for a smooth shift
            The computer is still assisting in the shift and, most importantly, the driver is defining the gear to be in. Clearly there is a difference between clutched manuals and modern manuals, I don't think anyone itt is arguing otherwise

>Clutched manual
            That is every manual gearbox ever.
            >Modern manual
            Is not the thing you think it is. You are thinking of automatics with optional manual gear selection - which are automatic gearboxes, not manual gearboxes. Quick and simple to distinguish the two: no manual clutch control = not a manual gearbox.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>tbh they would probably be even faster with modern manuals.
            No, because modern autotragics (not manuals, stop using that false wording) cannot instantly shift down.

>The computer is still assisting in the shift
            There is a difference between controlling and assisting. On a normal manual there is mechanical and often hydraulic assistance as well, does that suddenly turn it into an automatic?
            >Clutched manual
            >modern manual
            Oh wait it's the same moron as above. Ignore this, go automate yourself off a cliff

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Manual transmission means manual clutch control and manual gear selection. Flappy paddle automatics may have manual gear selection, but they lack manual clutch control and are therefore not manual gearboxes, ergo, they are automatic gearboxes.
        do you think the koenigsegg cc850 has a manual transmission? (legit question, I don't really know myself if I would count it as manual or not)

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Congratulations on your transition, now post breasts.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Shifting doesn't get better than a litre bike with a quick shifter

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Quickshift bikes are modern manuals and not clutched manuals since they eliminate need for a clutch

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You still need the clutch to start, stop and rode slowly.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>start, stop, ride slowly
          Those aren't performance duty cycles, m8

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Ever heard of launching? Check mate

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You're thinking of the Honda E clutch

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Two years ago, I would have called you a homosexual, but I have to be honest, I switched from picrel to a newer 10 speed and the difference is night and fricking day. Call it a modern manual, call it whatever, it just faster in every way imaginable.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

asking the computer nicely it can change a gear for you isn't manual. your car will also upshift at redline and downshift at idle. you don't choose your gears, the car does.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sounds like a skill issue, most modern manuals don't deny you unless you are trying to money shift and even then if your aren't moronic you can just go into the trans tune and turn off shift denial by setting thresholds to something unrealistic like 20000ft lbs. Imo the ppl clinging to clutched manuals are no different than boomers clinging to carbs because they were intimidated to actually understand how to tune EFI. Same thing, clutched manual boomers cling to objectively slow transmissions because tuning a TCM scares them. Manual is still the right term because you dictate the gear yourself

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Based. You forgot the part where they also cling to it for a false sense of delusional smugness like they are superior for being slower and clinging to inferior shit.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

and what about the automatic up and downshifts that you don't control? is that skilled too?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

There's threshold tables for partial throttle up and downsides that I also modify. It's all just parameters you can dictate, so many nu boomers talk about computer control modules like they are sentient or something lol. Reminds me of those pacific island nugger tribes who saw airplanes and started worshipping them as gods.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

people often forget these auto-manual gearboxes have existed for a long time and used to be quite fast back when the autos were still mostly electromechanical and didn't have "computers" like what exists today
    I think what happened is the fuel crisis and the ensuing glut of terrible cars let automatic transmission development fall behind and the early computer systems even up to the late 90s were really not up to the task. Still, they tried because even with a lag, manual gear control is way better than none at all.
    So these auto-manual get a bad rap mostly from people who only remember the period of time when the automakers were trying to build back up. It's not a new concept and you might find that most automatic cars have a way to "manually" shift thru all the gears even if it's kind of awkward. Even Chevy Uhaul vans with column shifters have a paddle placed on the end of the shifter for this function.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>modern
    Clutchless manuals have been around since at least the 80s dumbass

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Automatics have a clutch. How moronic are you? Clutch pedal != clutch.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Automatics do not have a clutch they have a torque converter. Unless you’re talking about DCTs in which case you should have said so.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Why the FRICK is everyone on here so fricking moronic?! Automatics have a clutch, DCTs (DUAL clutch transmissions) have two. It's even in the name. You incredibly stupid frick

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

See

https://i.imgur.com/6dfnh1G.png

Captcha: TVGAY. Kek

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You (or ai) calling a torque converter a clutch doesn't make it one, its a viscous coupler. What makes a clutch a clutch is friction disks.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

very, very old (i.e. the first) torque converters likely didn't have them, but every one made now (or in the past 40-50 years) they have a clutch inside them anon. That's how the lockup functionality occurs

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/DDo7Uvn.png

In that case, this is also a clutch and automatics have 2.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Sorry, bud, but arguing semantics isn't going to turn your slow pos clutched manual into a modern manual

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

LOL @ this shit tier bait
            Whoa, caln down, jamal! Don't pull out the 9!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/ClQt3jQ.jpg

>not even a counterargument saying it's not slow
            I accept your concession and will masterbate to this victory

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

how can we argue against something that doesn't even exist

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Automatics have a clutch, DCTs (DUAL clutch transmissions) have two.
            kekd, man you're a ricer

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
        • 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Why the FRICK is everyone on here so fricking moronic?! Automatics have a clutch, DCTs (DUAL clutch transmissions) have two. It's even in the name. You incredibly stupid frick

https://i.imgur.com/vZsnk1Z.jpg

[...]
          In that case, this is also a clutch and automatics have 2.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

They don't have a clutch, they have clutch packs, in some cases they have multiple clutch packs the deeper you go.
          They're wet clutches and sometimes there can be dozens of them

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Frick. Thats a great point i forgot how autos work. Okay, i will now concede that everything has a clutch and everything is manual.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't understand ebonics.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

no boost
    no problem
    luv push type clutches
    luv master-slave hydraulic cylinder systems
    simple as

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If it doesn't have a clutch pedal, it's an automatic.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Not necessarily. But if it has a clutch, it's a clutched manual, not a modern manual

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You know automatics have a clutch right? Clutch pedal != clutch.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Not necessarily. But if it has a clutch, it's a clutched manual, not a modern manual
        Bruh this is troony level of "um ackshually!" tier mental gymnastic cope. I rate the bait as mid high end, and stands above the rest of the pasta itt.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

https://voca.ro/19fSyaTnmb5C

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

lol i don't think anyone has ever called it a "modern" manual. such an arbitrary phrase.
    OP seems to have a hard-on for automated manual trannies (AMTs), although there are semi-autos where clutch operation is automated, but the driver still needs to use a regular H-pattern gear stick.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

(You)

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Calling a semi-automatic transmission a "modern manual".
    Frick off, shit bait thread.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

guys...i have paddle shifters and use them but this thread is giving me cringe. stop

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>not knowing how to drive twin stick manual 5x4
    Kids these days....sheesh.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>almost 100 replies
    >all arguing semantics of what defines a manual
    >none asserting that OP is wrong and that a clutched manual is better
    Telling. Very telling.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The only legitimate upside manualBlack folk can argue about their antiquated technology is that car thieves are less likely to know how to drive one
    This will stay true in the future, but only because nobody but the moronic owners will even want one in the first place

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

We are importing millions of criminal hispanics and Black folk per year from 3rd world countries where manuals are popular. This fuddlore that manuals are unstealable needs to die.

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

BASED. I remember when I was a stupid homosexual and thought a dildo was the way but then I tried paddles and never looked back it truly is superior on every level and anyone who says otherwise is a moronic monkey with a shitty 90s econobox coping.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>it truly is superior on every level and anyone who says otherwise is a moronic monkey with a shitty 90s econobox coping
      Well said. Sorry to hear about you trying homosexuality before, but no one is perfect. I have a criminal record but now have a house, great family, and 4 cars. It's pretty easy for people to be lead astray by this degraded society. Just don't dwell on it and move forward

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This is a bait thread, any one that drives a DCT/automatic and prefers it over manual is a shitter and can't drice... EXCEPT if they can left foot brake, then I will accept their transmission preference as purely out of speed and performance

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>This is a bait thread
      Yes, you are very correct
      >any one that drives a DCT/automatic and prefers it over manual is a shitter and can't drice... EXCEPT if they can left foot brake, then I will accept their transmission preference as purely out of speed and performance
      And yet this is an initial d mid race inner monologue tier bait. Left foot braking is for teenage girls to frustrate their driver's Ed teacher. Autos are indeed faster then manuals, but so are ev's faster then autos. Both separate you from your machine, and both are the antichrist!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

thank you anon, i prefer automatics/paddle shifters and left foot brake therefore i am validated by this post

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

100%, autos are for women and homosexuals this guys a queer

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>you need to have control over what gear you are is
        >noooooo, not like that, you need to use your foot too because homosexual car journalist told me to
        Lol, lmao.

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Have yall never heard of a manual valve body?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Better than a clutched manual, those things are slow af and the reddit-tier hype about them never dies

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Idk wtf that means my point is that this technology is like a hundred years old it's no modern at all. And they're automatics.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Inb4 that's not the same as flappy paddle
          I know but you do shift it yourself. The defining characteristic you've presented. They're still automatics.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Modern manuals let you select gear and do it much more quickly than clutched manual

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Every automatic let's you select gear wtf are you talking about?

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What's a clutchpack, Walter?

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you cant skip gears with a bing bing wahoo though. Can't coast in neutral. It's fake driving

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Can't coast in neutral.
      Automatics don't come with neutral anymore?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

why would you ever want to put an automatic in neutral though

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

so when you drive under an overpass or in a tunnel you can go vroom vroom bambambam

30. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's real simple
    Clutch pedal? Manual
    No clutch pedal? Automatic
    No if, no buts

31. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Driving a clutched manual in <current year> is the equivalent to pic related.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Well said.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

but my car is unironically faster with a manual swap
      >90s slushbox auto

32. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I wonder if test levels are getting so low now that people don't want manuals. Fricking sad to see.

33. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

are zoomers this dumb that they dont even know what a manual is anymore? holy frick...

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Lol this old boomer doesn't know how to distinguish between a clutched manual and a modern manual

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *