most RELIABLE truck

okay fellas.... what is the most RELIABLE, DURABLE, LONG-TERM IMMORTAL full-sized truck that will not decompose moments after purchase.

i used to think it was the tundra, but apparently theyve been having engine reliability issues. it might be the ram 1500

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

Nissan Frontier or Titan.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

i like the new redesigned frontier but i think its still technically a midsized truck.... you do see a ton of older frontiers still on the road

unfortunately theyve stopped selling titans in NA or at least canada

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

Does it have to be new? If so, probably skip most of the half tons. I have an older coyote and it's been stellar for the 1st 250k miles, but I've heard the newer ones get issues with the GDI. I think you can still get a Chevy with a 6.2, the cylinder shutoff BS can be coded out pretty easy and then it's mostly solid. But really a 7.3 Ford or a 6.2 Chevy one ton is the way to go. Domestic diesels are an okay choice but will be more $ to buy and more to maintain, so aren't worth it unless you are going to tow a lot.

No, those will be Nissans

The tundra engine is good. Just some machine debris for 100k models.

No, a turbo V6 in a full size truck isn't an acceptable choice. More stress on less engine is inherently less reliable, end of story.

2. 7 days ago
    READ ME

The tundra engine is good. Just some machine debris for 100k models.

3. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

New?

Gas superduty and it's not even fricking close. They're 500k trucks. People will say diesel but when's the last time you've seen a diesel truck shop? Now think about the last time you've seen a gas truck shop.

Exactly.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

The 6.2 with the 6 speed is insane how dependable it is. Like it's not even just that they run forever, the whole drivetrain is flawless. Other trucks are usually "oh this ones engine is good but the transmission is weak" or "the engine is good but this pump goes out" or there's always something you have to "stay on top of" but the gas superduty is actually unbelievable. Hard to imagine how they designed it while simultaneously shitting out the 5.4, 6.4, and 6.8 abominations.

4. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

Yeah it’s gonna be the gas 7.3 from ford or the 6.2 from Chevy in 3/4 tons+. If you actually gonna be working the engine enough to keep it healthy I believe a Cummins powered truck would give a run for the money once deleted since yknow 40+ year old engine design.

5. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

Thoughts on 2000 - 2005ish Ford Rangers? I just want something cheap to beat up and take camping/haul a boat. Never owned a truck before and don't want or need something massive

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

Get a 90s f150 instead.

6. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

Tundra. No American truck is as reliable.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

With a 5.7 you have an argument. With the v6 you have a weebmobile.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

The tundra 5.7 is literally a Chevrolet motor sold to Toyota during the recession.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

Well and Toyota made it for over a decade meanwhile Government Motors was putting out shitty cylinder deactivation V8s that blew rods.

7. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

anything made 20+ years ago

8. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

sister had a 2016 ram, didn't even make 100k miles before needing $10k just in parts for the front axle.

9. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

Anything pre-great recession. The paradigm shift since then has cursed all vehicles

10. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

Pre-2005 Toyota and learning how to maintain/repair it. Nothing made in the past 20 years is reliable.

11. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

cybertruck

12. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

The most reliable and longest lasting truck by far was the 5.9 Cummins. There’s literally no contest or debate, there are more million mile diesel rams than all other trucks of all makes combined. There’s several all original never rebuilt 2 and 3 million mile Cummins trucks.

13. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

The Ram 1500 is not a truck. It is only available with "Should have bought a minivan" cabs and itty-bitty baby beds. It cannot be considered a truck unless it is available in a standard cab, 8' box configuration.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

Daily reminder that a 5.5ft bed with a bed extender is 8ft
      I don't know why so many people want to believe that the defining characteristic of a truck is being able to put things specifically between 7 and 8 feet long in it, and nothing else.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

Some dudes just love having no room in the cab apparently.
        Personally I enjoy a back seat to put shit on.

• 6 days ago
          Anonymous

This.
          A lot of gays on this board mistake things that are less practical for being more practical.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

And an 8' bed with the same extender is 10'6". What's your point?

• 7 days ago
          Anonymous

Wait until this guy hears how long trailers are...

Single cabs look the best. Simple as

scsb, maybe. sclb, absolutely not and no one thinks this, not even you.

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

Single cab long bed sooper dootys look great.

None of the other trucks rn have the body lines to look good with a single cab long bed.

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

Single cab long bed sooper dootys look great.

None of the other trucks rn have the body lines to look good with a single cab long bed.

Modern single cab long beds look so awkward since trucks are designed with crew cab in mind. Single cab is an afterthought

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

Single cab shortbeds still look good. Gotta custom order them from the factory though.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

Single cabs look the best. Simple as

14. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

>most RELIABLE truck

Nothing new.

The Ford modular V8 is still a great engine; but the 10 speed automatic transmissions they come with are trash.

15. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

the hilux,but sadly mutts will never experience the absolute joy and pleasure of owning one

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

They get the Tacoma. Petrol but who cares?
      Diesels need more servicing, have turbos, common rail injection etc etc which will wipe out any MPG savings when it fails.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *