>moving back to the northeast after 10 blessed snowless years away. >already thinking about my next winter beater

>moving back to the northeast after 10 blessed snowless years away
>already thinking about my next winter beater

>comfy to commute in when it's freezing cold
>fun to drift on public roads.
>Ideally smaller, AWD/4WD, not completely boring (no Civics)
>$5-6k range but could go up to $10k for something awesome

>Impreza
Shitty cars but undeniably good in winter
>Audi TT Quattro
Honestly what I want but I'm assuming any of these under $10k are going to be moneypits
>Ranger 4x4
Had 3 of these and love them, especially the ones with the rubber interior, but kinda want a smaller easier to park car (city commute). Might end up getting one anyways

Any other suggestions?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>power wagon
    Power wagon

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Go away Wombat

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

😀 power woogan

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

If I wanted an old junker to constantly fix with zero creature comforts, I'd have already decided on an old 351 Bronco

I don't want another toy project tho I just want to buy a comfy, slightly fun commuter and never think about it again until it rusts out from under me

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

That's why you buy a power wagon.
        Add oil and go.
        If you want to ride in comfort with a dildo up your ass buy a new power wagon

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Nothing 40+ years old is "and just go"
          >t. still nursing my 32 year old Miata and 430,000mi van
          >I roll a D20 every time I start them and if it rolls below 5, something random breaks

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>never owned a Mopar
            Ignition control module will pretty .much be the only thing to keep it from starting
            >-20f cold starts with a massive vacuum leak and still brought me back and forth to work
            >every truck I own is 1990 or older
            I need to fix that I have the gasket just lazy

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's kind of a wash because nothing that old exists in the salt belt anymore
            Half of the 10 year old cars up in NY are missing half the frame, let alone 20+

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

None of this shit exists in the Midwest either I saved it from a friend after it sat since 06
            Added fuel and it drove off the trailer just fine. Ended up engine and manual swapping it after I blew the head gasket because someone fricking bent the thermostat when they installed it so around town it would run cool but I took it out on the highway and it blew.
            Other than that it was fuel pump brakes alternator and it was golden. Hell I drove it around town with the head gasket blown for months lol

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>just add oil and go

>and fly to find one
            >and engine
            >and transmission
            >and thermostat
            >and fuel pump
            >and brakes
            >and alternator

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I mean I didn't have to swap it I wanted to. The blown head gasket thing was a fluke I've never seen a thermostat bent over like it was hit with a hammer.
            But if you can't do a fuel pump brakes and an alternator for less than $300 you need to get off this board.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>But if you can't do a fuel pump brakes and an alternator for less than $300 you need to get off this board.
            It's not that I can't, I've done all that shit many times

It's more that that having a vehicle that randomly forces me to not be able to use it and to spend a few hours fixing rusty shit in the cold every few months isn't worth my time or money at this point in my life, especially when I already have 2 other vehicles that require this

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Ford Ranger is always a good choice

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>AWD BMW 3/5 series
    >AWD Audi A4*
    >Suzuki Sx4
    >Suzuki Vitara/Gran Vitara/Chebby Tracker
    Any of those with a stick would probably work
    *bit more fun in the snow than a Golf based Audi

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have a 5 Mt boxy Forester. That is pretty good for winter driving. Nice and small, bit more clearance than the Impreza yet can haul 4 people and some stuff. Ive got big chonky roof racks that make a lot of noise tho.

5. 1 month ago
    Greased Geese

that's a sexy set of wheels on that there ranger

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Thanks I picked them myself and made them clear the fenders by installing louder speakers

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Swirl master race

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *