Moving to high crime area

Moving to Bay Area soon, I own a 6MT 392 Challenger
>high crime area, thieves aren't punished
>own car that is frequently stolen
>don't have private home garage, just apartment parking garage
>plan to use car as daily driver, not weekend car
I'm thinking I just sell it and get a boring car.
It would hurt my sovl, but do I really have a choice? Peace of mind is much more important than having a fun car but constantly worrying about whether it's where I parked it the next day.
Please someone tell me all the crimes are overblown, and that as long as I'm smart about where I park, and with proper security measures like a kill switch, I can easily deter theft.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Even if my car isn't stolen, I don't want to deal with constant break in attempts either, with broken driver side windows.
    I've even heard of stories where they'll bump into you and make you pull over, and then steal your car then.
    I do own a firearm, and plan to do whatever necessary registration there is in CA, but I ideally don't want to get in shootouts over a car.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

bruh finna live in oakland fr fr ong lmaoooo

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

No.

>Moving to Bay Area soon
      This is your problem, owning a fun car isnt

It's where my work is. I have no choice.

You're gonna have to cut your balls off and sell your Challenger for a GRazoo86. They're super popular around here for a reason: more efficient on gas (currently $7+/gallon for premium), easier to park in small spaces.

That, or get a cheap beater that you don't care about. Even people who leave their doors all unlocked will find people still break their windows, homeless ppl live out of your car, burritos and shit smeared on your car for no reason, these are all real-life examples from ppl I know. Multiple break-ins a year on the same car, even when left unlocked/completely visibly empty.

I would say if you care about your car, get a apt w/a garage (if you can afford it).

t. lived in San Francisco for 4 years, never got broken into once, but I had garages

I want to use my Challenger as a daily driver, or I don't want to own it at all.
      I'm also more concerned about organized car theft than I am about break ins, because what you mentioned could happen to any car, homeless people living in it, getting vandalized.
      The area I'd move to isn't SF or Oakland, just somewhere in San Mateo county. That region looks pretty fine, and not as many homeless people as SF or Oakland.
      >get a apt w/a garage
      It's a gated parking garage, but in any case, I won't have a garage every time I go out (again, its a daily driver). If I want to get groceries or go to the gym, I will have to leave my car in a parking lot... Of course, most thefts happen late at night at a person's residence, so as long as the residence is secure it could be fine.

Put it in a storage unit far out.

Your car is gonna get stolen. If you put all the deterrents in it, it will get vandalized.

It's sad but you simply can't have a Chally parked outside these days in the bay area. You can't barely have any car parked outside at all. Live anything resembling a wallet, backpack or a phone and your windows will be gone, regardless of the car model.

>You can't barely have any car parked outside at all.
      AFAIK Mustangs aren't stolen, really. It's GM and Dodge that have these key fob duplication problems.
      But yeah, I think the criminals won... Sad...

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

kek dude you're worried about moving to san mateo? have you been there? no one's gonna steal a fricking dodge over there lol

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>AFAIK Mustangs aren't stolen, really. It's GM and Dodge that have these key fob duplication problems.

Kek, shit's so lame even thieves don't want to steal it.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I would rather quit and potentially move back in with my parents till I found a new job than move to fricking California. You’re moronic.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Moving to Bay Area soon
    This is your problem, owning a fun car isnt

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You're gonna have to cut your balls off and sell your Challenger for a GRazoo86. They're super popular around here for a reason: more efficient on gas (currently $7+/gallon for premium), easier to park in small spaces.

That, or get a cheap beater that you don't care about. Even people who leave their doors all unlocked will find people still break their windows, homeless ppl live out of your car, burritos and shit smeared on your car for no reason, these are all real-life examples from ppl I know. Multiple break-ins a year on the same car, even when left unlocked/completely visibly empty.

I would say if you care about your car, get a apt w/a garage (if you can afford it).

t. lived in San Francisco for 4 years, never got broken into once, but I had garages

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>They're super popular around here
      lol no they aren't

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Put it in a storage unit far out.

Your car is gonna get stolen. If you put all the deterrents in it, it will get vandalized.

It's sad but you simply can't have a Chally parked outside these days in the bay area. You can't barely have any car parked outside at all. Live anything resembling a wallet, backpack or a phone and your windows will be gone, regardless of the car model.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Moving to Bay Area soon, I own a 6MT 392 Challenger
    >>high crime area, thieves aren't punished
    Ameriga... At least ur free, anon

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>monkeys don't like challengers!
    >monkeys will steal my challenger because they desire it so much!
    Well, which is it?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I don't know what you're talking about, I think everyone likes Challengers.

>Moving to Bay Area soon, I own a 6MT 392 Challenger
      >>high crime area, thieves aren't punished
      Ameriga... At least ur free, anon

California isn't America, to be fair.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>I don't know what you're talking about, I think everyone likes Challengers.

[...]

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Isn't this what you have insurance for? Stop being a pussy and put a tracker in your car and be done with it.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

seems there's probably little difference in selling it and it getting stolen and you getting an insurance check. i'd just drive it as long as you can and consider every day you get with it borrowed time. if it's a manual they probably won't be able to steal it anyway.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Isn't this what you have insurance for? Stop being a pussy and put a tracker in your car and be done with it.

>little difference in selling it and it getting stolen and you getting an insurance check
      I was thinking this too, but obviously there are higher insurance premiums to be paid until it gets stolen.
      And it's also about peace of mind, which is priceless. I don't want to have to watch my back every time I go out to pump gas.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

what the frick gives you the impression that san mateo (a rich area of the bay area full of asians, not future lawyer/doctors) is crime ridden?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

While I wouldn't drive my car into Oakland or SF ever, I would still like to be able to drive it around the South Bay. As far as I know most of the South Bay is pretty okay.
          I just hope I'd be able to treat it as a normal car, can go anywhere I want with it, not like a newborn baby that needs constant attention.

https://i.imgur.com/IEKGjVv.jpg

>AFAIK Mustangs aren't stolen, really. It's GM and Dodge that have these key fob duplication problems.

Kek, shit's so lame even thieves don't want to steal it.

Yes I definitely don't want to have to go to F*rd

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You're greatly overestimating the amount of crime in the Bay Area. Especially everything that isn't SF or Oakland. And even in SF it's only certain areas that are targeted. You'll see when you come down here that challengers and chargers are only driven by future doctors though. kek

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

60% of the cars driving around you in San Mateo and the south bay have a much higher worth than your Challenger.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's not about worth.
            A criminal has more developed sense of style than a rich jeet or chink riding on these X7 sniffers.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Those cars probably take effort to steal, unlike a chally wally though.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Criminals never walk outside of the crime district

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

then just fricking sell it and stop whining about it on the internet like a woman.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

At least get a 2-way alarm
    t. city slicker

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why are you worried if your apartment has a parking garage? There's a million cars parked on the streets. Thieves will go for them first unless your car is extremely valuable, which it isn't.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I've heard of stories of cars being stolen from the 6th floor of a gated parking garage.

You're greatly overestimating the amount of crime in the Bay Area. Especially everything that isn't SF or Oakland. And even in SF it's only certain areas that are targeted. You'll see when you come down here that challengers and chargers are only driven by future doctors though. kek

Yep, I'll find out when I get there.

My cousin had an older vw jetta stolen..... at the dealership when getting mechanic work done.
      Whatever vehicle you have, it can get stolen.
      The key is not leaving it overnight.
      >t. got his sub 1000usd scooter stolen the first night it wasn't garaged.
      Admittedly that was sac not the bay area.

>The key is not leaving it overnight.
      True, most theft does occur at night, and as long as it's secure at my residence I think it would be okay. I have heard of situations where it is stolen in broad daylight at a public parking lot.

60% of the cars driving around you in San Mateo and the south bay have a much higher worth than your Challenger.

The worth of other cars come from a plastic badge.
      The worth of my car comes from the 392 Hemi.
      My car can actually be parted out and sold for a good chunk of change.
      However, I have heard of luxury SUVs being stolen in coastal areas and shipped to Asia where those types of cars are sought after.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

oh, everyone keeps their high beams on 100% of the time around here, regardless of age, sex, or creed. get behind them and high beam them and it really pisses them off. it's actually pretty funny and i've made a game of it recently

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My cousin had an older vw jetta stolen..... at the dealership when getting mechanic work done.
    Whatever vehicle you have, it can get stolen.
    The key is not leaving it overnight.
    >t. got his sub 1000usd scooter stolen the first night it wasn't garaged.
    Admittedly that was sac not the bay area.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>apartment parking garage
    Better keep your tag current and don't let tires go flat. They tow.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>drives a dodge Black personer
    >rents at an apartment complex
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Can you afford a $2,000/month rent?

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you can defeat the key fob copy attack by simply disabling Keyless Enter and Go in the radio options

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>just remove a useful feature from your car to not have it get stolen!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>remove

it's a toggleable option literally 4 touchscreen clicks away
        when you drive somewhere that isn't fricking California you can re-enable it

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

yeah OP isn't gonna have a problem with that car getting stolen in california. well, at least in that part of the bay area.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I see you are unaware of the Hispanic problem.
            It's the city Hispanic Black folk that are the problem. From Oakland.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Kek are you fricking moronic? Who do you think is stealing chargers? It isn't your gardener I'll tell you that.

imagine being worried about people stealing cats off a chally
            you were gonna cut em off yourself anyway why lie

Based.

>you were gonna cut em off yourself
            Nothing without cats passes california emissions standards
            >inb4 larp about how you just break the law all the time

Pussy.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Hi Pablo. We don't want your filth in our country, BTW.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Whoa, calm down, Jamal! Don't pull out the 9!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh no the Hispanic larping as a white nationalist on DA has been called out. A tale as old as time!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

kek you actually think mexicans are stealing chargers? they're too busy stealing catalytic convertors off all the priuses around here

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Well the problem is in California they are vaulted as the greatest thing in existence so while low in numbers there is nothing keeping them in line.

Don’t move OP unless you’re going to start making at least a million a year it’s not worth it. Even outside the crime you will be surrounded by jeets and the gaygiest liberals in existence

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

2nded, the "California lifestyle" is great--IF you're outrageously rich. For "normal" people and everyone else, it sucks. The only reason it's good for the rich is because they get to live in their insulated bubble of premium clean safe experiences.

So unless you're a tech bro multi-millionaire, don't bother cumming here. We're full. Move to Montana, Idaho, Arizona, Utah, Texas like everyone else

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

We hate hip hop rappers in California. They've been driven out of LA and SF. Ever been to texas or florida? Now they LOVE em

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

modify your car by like you said, installing a hidden killswitch somewhere that joggers cant find aswell as making sure you have safety lugs on all your wheels.

make an effort to cnc yourself a guard on your cat. converter if you feel like that will you give you peace of mind. you can also go to a garage and ask them to mark your cat with a serial number

shit on tesla as much as you want but their sentry mode camera system is really good and you could probably replicate it on your own if you REALLY wanted your car not to get stolen by the usual suspects

personally, judging by the fact youre going to san mateo you should be fine but its better to be safe than sorry anyways

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

the people who cut cats off will cut your off your cat guard in 10 extra seconds. and the serial# is pointless because the people who buy cats know they are stolen.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

This or just vandalize the car out of sheer pettiness.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

imagine being worried about people stealing cats off a chally
    you were gonna cut em off yourself anyway why lie

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>you were gonna cut em off yourself
      Nothing without cats passes california emissions standards
      >inb4 larp about how you just break the law all the time

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>I'm thinking I just sell it and get a boring car.

The best driving roads in the world are around the bay area

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

84 is good fun during a weekday

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why is it I see people claiming to have fun cars in the Gay Area but none of yall ever show up to N/o/rcuck meatz?

All we get are 30 year-old Japscrap shitheaps and grandma's hand-me-down Civic. We don't even have a Incel86 meme car at our meets. It's literally a gathering of random grocery store parking lot cars.

Even Becky the hairdresser drives cooler cars than these supposed "enthusiasts"

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Most are probably bus riders or like me who never wants to physically interact with this site's spergs. Shout out though to that Reed's clerk who was the first person ever to notice my kube patch on my backpack.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Because most people on this site are poor losers spewing /misc/ talking points, not like actually functioning adults with good jobs who can afford even semi-decent vehicles. The few with nicer cars here don't want to interact with the poor losers. I drive a 5v Blackwing, do you think I wanna go meet up with some moron driving a barely running walmart mobile that's gonna scream Black person CAR at the blackwing?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Kek I'd scream that from my M5. Maybe we'll meet at Alice's...

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Do people go south to north or vice versa on Calaveras rd? Isn't it one lane for a lot of portions?

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Get a sleeper i doebadged

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the m6 makes it a lot less likely to get jacked. remove window tint and good luck

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've lived in ghettos as a white dude most my life and I have a nice car. Not a 'cat but measures I've used to prevent theft is a clean hidden kill switch and a brake pedal lock. It's like a wheel lock but for your pedals and is solid heat treated steel so it'll take an hour to chew through one if you're a methhead strapped with a Sawzall. You are objectively moronic going to an apt, shouldve gotten a place with a garage with a roommate or a b***h or some shit.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Honestly anon, id get the cheapest shitbox and register it to pooregon

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

do you care if it gets destroyed once it gets stolen or would you try to get it back?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

If my car is stolen, I hope it stays lost so I can buy another one. I don't care what happens to it. It's been tainted, and for my own safety, I would give it up.

Well the problem is in California they are vaulted as the greatest thing in existence so while low in numbers there is nothing keeping them in line.

Don’t move OP unless you’re going to start making at least a million a year it’s not worth it. Even outside the crime you will be surrounded by jeets and the gaygiest liberals in existence

I have a massive tech company salary waiting for me there (not a poo or chink lol). I have no choice.
      I wish I could live and die in the Northeast though.

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

nothing ever happens
    it only happens to other people, not you

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *