MSRP GR86s

MSRP GR86s are sitting on lots for the first time in like 5 years.

Why? Is it because everyone is waiting for the 2025s or did the economy finally take enough of a shit to get to CTRs and Toyobarus, but not Supras and Camaros.

Also, I saw a Civic Si smoke one the other day. Looked pretty stock.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>Why?
    Because the economy is crashing. All the weebs that would be buying this shitbox can't swing the payment now that their student loan payments have resumed, and they can't get a decent job because the big firms won't hire anyone that doesn't help them fill a DEI quota.

2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Not where I am.
    All of the cars allocated to any of the dealers around here still get reserved while still in the "build phase."

But they are selling for MSRP without a mark-up.
    I bought one a week ago.

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I can assure you no Civic Si that isn't being garaged and collected is stock, even the ones that don't have any cosmetic shit.
    There's always some kind of intake/exhaust mod at bare minimum and maybe a sway bar or other handling mods.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Honda underrates them super hard like every new car too. Their 200hp is closer to 210-225whp...but it's a turbo car so it'll pick up horsepower easily. Pic rel is from Hondata

https://i.imgur.com/J7lzeXo.jpeg

MSRP GR86s are sitting on lots for the first time in like 5 years.

Why? Is it because everyone is waiting for the 2025s or did the economy finally take enough of a shit to get to CTRs and Toyobarus, but not Supras and Camaros.

Also, I saw a Civic Si smoke one the other day. Looked pretty stock.

Supras and Camaros are also discontinued and sitting on dealer lots. It's hard to justify a new car at 8% APR.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

> Their 200hp is closer to 210-225whp...
        This looked like a 2009-10 Si, supposedly those are 197hp stock.

I can assure you no Civic Si that isn't being garaged and collected is stock, even the ones that don't have any cosmetic shit.
        There's always some kind of intake/exhaust mod at bare minimum and maybe a sway bar or other handling mods.

Dunno, looked mint, like it was repainted at some point or garaged the entire time.

Not where I am.
        All of the cars allocated to any of the dealers around here still get reserved while still in the "build phase."

I bought one a week ago.

How do you like it? I kind of want one, but the I4 Supra is close enough in price, if only it had a manual option.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

I'm not

Not where I am.

I bought one a week ago.

but I also recently purchased a 24 GR86 MT. Still breaking it in but the power increase from the FA24 in the lower Rev range has made daily driving much nicer compared to the 1st gen I had for a few years.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

I've only put about 200 miles on it so far ... only had it a week.
          I like it a lot.
          It sure seems to have plenty of power.
          I don't race people, so comparing its speed to other cars isn't important to me.
          Taken on its own merits, it seems plenty quick and is quite enjoyable to drive.

I was really uncomfortable in a Supra and decided on the GR86 instead.
          I really wanted to love the Supra, but I just couldn't get past how tiny the Supra felt inside.
          The GR86 isn't much bigger, but it feels more "snug" rather than "cramped" like the Supra did (to me).
          I'm sure the Supra is a significantly better car by every measure, but I just didn't feel comfortable in it like I do the 86.
          End of the day, I just wanted something fun to drive around, that hopefully isn't going to get me into too much trouble (like the Supra probably would).

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

you know OEM power ratings are different than dynos right?
        a lot of dynos can be calibrated to whatever the operator wants.
        so if the Dyno bro wants a happy Dyno, they fiddle with the correction factor and suddenly cars all make 10-15% more power.

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Only if it's an automatic. Manuals are grabbed within days in my area.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

Same here.
      Nothing but base models without LSD in the lots. Everything else sits there for a day or two maximum. Even Hellcats, which seemed to have been struck the hardest by the crisis, any manual going for MSRP is BTFOing before landing on the lot.
      >t. North Carolina

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

>base models without LSD
        Are you specifically referring to Nissan Z? The GR86/BRZ comes with LSD on all trims.

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Ga-zooo! oil failure

6. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Everytime i've gone to a Toyota lot i've seen GR86s and Supras even on display. Maybe my region just overstocks, but inventory has never been an issue unless you wanted something very specific color wise or options. Not sure why anyone would even want a Subaru car in a toyota body.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

That something specific is a manual trans, as

Only if it's an automatic. Manuals are grabbed within days in my area.

said.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

3.0 MT Supras are still impossible to get

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Moostangs and Challengers are selling at DEEP discount these days too

Moostangs I seen about 5K off, Challengers 10-12K off

Right now is your last chance White Man™

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Don't group Mustangs (and Camaros) with the Chally Wally™ - the latter is a complete piece of shit.

Sure, whites drive Challengers, the ones with their stomach flaps covering their 4 extra hi point mags peaking out under the cheeto-stained t-shirt. And I am not at all joking.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Whites that drive Challengers do moronic shit like putting on coilovers, poly bushings, and adding a Hurst shifter to simulate driving old shitty muscle cars and then complain later that their backs are turning to dust.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

>Right now is your last chance White Man™
      Nice try, Ford/Dodge dealership shill

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

It's actually crazy how low brand new scat packs are going for, even specific options like wanting manual

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

i'm not buying your made in mexico junk, pedro

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

Made in Canada, ese

8. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

GR Corollas are still moving but Circuit Edition is too expensive and people drop off the waitlist

9. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

lunkgate has caused so many people to dump these unsaveable subaru turds i love it

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

>lunkgate
      wut

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

And you have to wonder how it's even possible with a modern engine. My oil pickup is little more than a half inch from the bottom of the pan and the windage tray should theoretically block some of the centrifugal motion.

10. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

Been thinking of trading in my 2019 versa and buying one all year.
    It just seems hard to justify the buy with the way rates are now.

11. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

Are we even getting 2025 models?
    I heard that Japan went full moron with their emissions regulations so the BR86 aren't legal in their current state.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *