>muh depreciation

>muh depreciation
we know, why do used buyers shill this as some holy "gotchya" to new buyers?

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

because it has to deal with insurance anon. a car that sinks in value means that getting shit fixed will be a b***h. there also is the concern with selling a car later on.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>there also is the concern with selling a car later on.
      yeah but their 40k car is now worth 15k in 10 years
      A used 15k car after 10 years becomes an 8k car.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If you can't figure out the maths on why that is a bad deal you can't be helped.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

a few thousand dollars over a decade is not a big deal to me

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

literally all of those are known and understood by someone buying a new car. That's why we haggle and negotiate rates/months. Yes, I know I'm paying more than I would for this car if I bought it used 4 years later, but I'm also getting a new car that wasn't touched by others before me. I know exactly what I'm getting and if anything fails I have a warranty.
      And all of that also applies to a used car without the warranty plus some stranger racking up miles you can never know for sure was driven lightly.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Don't bother trying to get a poorgay to understand the value of peace of mind. Literally all their arguments revolve around money because they have so little and earn so little that they have to account for every penny or else they won't be able to afford their rent, their food and their addictions which to them is their entire paycheck

And the ones who do finally get money had poor parents so they have a poverty mindset that will never go away.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Newer cars are less reliable than old ones. The only time you should buy a new vehicle is if it can be used to produce capital at a rate that it pays itself off rapidly.
          t. LS430 owner

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Damn, it's true. They really can only think about money (their lack of) and nothing else

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The only time you should buy a new vehicle is if it can be used to produce capital at a rate that it pays itself off rapidly.
            Or you genuinely just want a car with the colors and options you wanted and no one farted, vomited or had sex in it before?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I buy used so I can work 3 days a week instead of 4

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This one as well. Poorgays really are so fricked in the head, unable to stop worrying about money. Must suck

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ok wagie enjoy thursday

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>t. works 2 jobs 6 days a week to make the payments for the bigass trugg he only uses to drive to the office and get groceries

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>i'm poor so everyone else is too

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes. Even worse if you have negative wealth.

I'd honestly rather my children do drugs than take on debt in the form of student crap, credit cards, or cards, because it fricks your life just as hard at this point and it's just as addicting, if not worse.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>i'm poor so everyone else is too

Such strange poorgay cope. You guys realize that there's more ways to make money than working for someone richer than you, right? Or is your brain so addled by the garbage you consume that you're unable to leave your comfort zone?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>rates/months
        poormo alert

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Post bank account

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i keep $8-12k in checking, the rest in tax-advantage retirement and brokerage accounts.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

As an actual upper middle class anon, you're wrong. It's better to get a lower rate than to pay outright. If I'm paying 3% on a 50k loan, and that same money would be building faster in my account, it's dumb to just pay the money instead of financing (ONLY if you get a favorable rate). Rich people don't just drop a ton of cash on shit like this.

Level 1:
          Being dominated by the usury israelite
          Level 2:
          Aware of the usury israelite, you try to avoid it but can't tame it
          Level 3:
          Make the usury israelite work in your favor

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

this only works if you assume the buyer is investing the money and making for than the 3% rate, otherwise it is better to pay it off instead of paying interest for nothing.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

this only works if you assume the buyer is investing the money and making for than the 3% rate, otherwise it is better to pay it off instead of paying interest for nothing.

There's more to it than that.
            You reach level 3 when you have enough liquid assets that you wouldn't need to sell any of your stocks (etc) in the event of financial hardship during the course of the loan.

The risk you're running with the loan, if you don't have enough of a liquid cushion, is that the economy and your personal finances take a shit and you're forced to sell off stonks to pay for whatever (medical, mortgage because you lost your job, etc).

Or alternatively you have your assets TRULY diversified enough, so that you could sell something that's up rather than having to sell something that's down along with the broad market.

t. level 2 with family members who are level 4+ (the eternal Anglo who's basically a israelite)

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

again, if it is not being used to invest, its better to pay it off to save on paying interest, end of story.

you only take advantage of a loan if the interest is lower than inflation.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If you assume stonks and your personal fiances only go up.

The number one rule of investing is to be in a comfortable enough situation that you CAN NOT be forced to sell. Debt maxing because
            >muh S&P 500 7% CAGR!
            Is how you personally blow up when the economy takes a shit.

you need to be confident that you can not be forced to sell assets during the course of the loan. because the S&P 500 may not go up during the course of it and you could lose income or face additional expenses during that time.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>muh S&P 500 7% CAGR!
            Kek it's amazing watching playskool investors think putting all their eggs in one basket and financing the car is a smart way about doing things.

I think Robinhood is the worst they they ever invented, because now you have all the morons with their moron mentality thinking they're gonna play a rich man's game.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>be me
        >listen to people worth hundreds of millions to billions
        >they universally recommend buying used

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

dudes will complain about used cars because someone else 'touched' them yet date and marry prostitutes that have been run through by 50 other dudes lol

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

a roastie won't leave you stranded in the middle of the desert you fricking moron

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Lel they might if they get a hair up their ass, but we're honestly at a point where that premium you pay for something new doesn't guarantee reliability, Illinois cops are beefing with Dodge right now because oil coolers on brand new Durangos are blowing out and mixing coolant in the oil and stranding them with like no miles on it.

And then there's situations where your expensive new car just commits suicide for no reason whatsoever.

But look, if you have the means, get something new, it's great, but it's not a magic bullet where you're just never gonna have a problem with anything because you got something new.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

not arguing against that, just saying women and cars is a terrible comparison. women are nothing but disposable cum containers, cars are machibes that let you exercise your right to have freedom of movement.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

True, cars>hoes all day, I wish my man Elliot Rodger knew what he had, if having a gf is the end all, why are so many guys with b***h GFs and wives miserable?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>2.0L 4 cylinder engine with one cylinder chopped off
          >25.2 lbs of boost
          >300HP out of a 1.6L
          >187 HP/L
          Sounds about reliable, totally worth $50,000

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Based dodge making the cop cars unable to chase the hellcats

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>implying that new cars can't have problems
        >implying that problems with used cars aren't preventable

Sounds like you're a wrenchlet anon

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>a roastie won't leave you stranded in the middle of the desert you fricking moron

They will if they have the opportunity to.

I Was once left at the rest area for about an hour before my prostitute mom came back for me.

Also I had to walk home from elementary school sports practice a couple of times cause she forgot to pick me up

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, nah, I refuse to date anyone who is not a virgin and who hasn't kissed anyone.
      .. and that is why I will forever be a khhv.
      I also buy used cars; like over 10 years old with almost 100k miles used.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Yeah, nah, I refuse to date anyone who is not a virgin and who hasn't kissed anyone.
        >.. and that is why I will forever be a khhv.
        Rang up the based department, but they said you're already pre-approved.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Kek this is so true…
      Folks are projecting their frustrations with their high mileage wives on their cars…

I love used cars - 20% cheaper than new minimum, already broken in, dealer-added options and similar scams ahead paid for by the original buyer, sometimes you get must-have upgrades already in place.

Same goes with women - virgins are always afraid of sex in the first time and you have to be very patient, like an ECU-enforced rev limiter.

Depreciation is only a big issue for consooooomers who get a new car every 2-3 years. If you intend to keep the car a long time (say 10+ years) it's not nearly as big of a deal because the depreciation hit is spread out over more years.

Also post COVID the price of 2-3 year old used cars has closed a lot with new cars, so even ignoring length of ownership, the gap has shrunk quite a bit. You're taking like a $5k hit in depreciation as opposed to $10k.

Speaking of post COVID. Has anyone else noticed a massive increase in
      >I'm too rich to care about wasting money!
      It seems like an actual cope for higher prices.

Consumers are a little smarter now, with so much knowledge available online. Also the zoomies don’t care for cars. Good for them, cars are such a stupid waste of money.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I bought a 2023 Tacoma brand new from the dealer, paid in cash, and 1.5 years later with 15k miles, it's worth exactly what I paid for it.

No depreciation so far.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

bump

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's not a gotcha if you have money, it's a gotcha if you're a broke ass normal gay flexing while paying interest on things that eventually go to shit, if you have enough money to buy anything and have it actually paid for, we salute you.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

"gotcha"?
    huh? If you buy new you already knew that. Buying lightly used is what many do, others buy brand new.
    Others buy more used.
    I don't care, do whatever the FRICK you wanna do.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Depreciation is only a big issue for consooooomers who get a new car every 2-3 years. If you intend to keep the car a long time (say 10+ years) it's not nearly as big of a deal because the depreciation hit is spread out over more years.

Also post COVID the price of 2-3 year old used cars has closed a lot with new cars, so even ignoring length of ownership, the gap has shrunk quite a bit. You're taking like a $5k hit in depreciation as opposed to $10k.

Speaking of post COVID. Has anyone else noticed a massive increase in
    >I'm too rich to care about wasting money!
    It seems like an actual cope for higher prices.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You're not the only one I'm noticing it too, people are poorer than ever, their buying power is shot, and they keep buying things with ridiculous financing terms as if money ain't a thing, it's almost like the 2000s all over with the houses, everything was expensive as shit, the wetbacks were buying houses, re-doing the drive way with money that isn't real, going from a shitty Cavalier to a 2007 328i, I thought people around our cul-de-sac were just balling out, until they lost it all because they were a broke ass Mexican to begin with.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>chasing depreciation on a prius
    Prius owners are typically long-term owners so they rarely care about depreciation.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There are two kinds of new buyers: rich b***hes and idiots. Which are you?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This, it makes me laugh when I see people who don't even own a house and they go buy a new car as if they're making it, and there's nothing wrong with being a poorgay due to socio-economic factors, most people under 30 are basically poorgays unless they've got rich parents, but if you're a poorgay and you make life harder for yourself to show off, then you deserve to suffer economically.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>unchecked human vulnerabilities and the institutionally hebraic exploitation of said vulnerabilities

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>people tell me this all the time
    >say im keeping the car
    >.....ok but other people though (im so smart i watched a youtube video)

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

okay so over the past several years this has become a big ol thing. when cars were cheaper and people held onto cars longer it wasn't a big deal because the value lost wasn't as many dollars and why worry when the car will sit in the driveway for 10 years anyways? so i buy my dodge caravan for 20k and trade it in for 10k a decade later, who cares? it's normal wear and tear and it's a cheeky $10,000.

but now, now cars are much more expensive so there are many more dollars lost by percentage. people are also trading in cars more frequently so of course they want to take the smallest hit possible and it is so easy to go upside down on a loan due to high interest rates and high auto values.

and the last bit is that there was a demographic that didn't worry about depreciation, the rich new money types. they used to buy jaguars and BMWs and V12 mercs and xyz that would lose value thousands by the time they reached their first oil change. but now, those new money types are all so set into the mindset that everything is an investment that they buy normal cars as DDs and will only take on the big loan for a performance car if they can flip it down the line or at least take a minimal hit.

depreciation has changed man, it's frickin changed

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>people are also trading in cars more frequently
      i don't think so

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

how about you buy a new car i want then sell it to me 5 minutes later for 20% off.

thats literally what happens to its value, in a general sense. does not apply to cars that will be in high demand.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I guess since this turned into a finance thread
    any anons have any insight into the current financial world?

I have family and family friends who work in it, I don't understand it too well, but they've been saying shit's been really wack this election year and to not make any major finical purchases (houses, cars, etc) until after the election.

Apparently shit's a lot weirder than it normally is during an election cycle.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Buy as nice of a fricking car you can afford paid in full, and maintain it indefinitely while you kick back and watch the country fall apart.

That's it, and that's all.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>hurr durr nu car bad value
    All cars bad value. If you actually gave a shit about value you'd stfu and get an e-bike, frickers can go for over 60 miles if you aren't morbidly obese. Reality is you won't ever go for one of those because you don't actually car about value, you're just a coping poorgay

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>tfw car worth $5000 on a good day
      >goes 136mph
      >seats 5
      >450 miles on a tank if you combine the epa city and hwy
      >has radio
      >has A/C
      I think I'm going with the car, you can keep the e-bike

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>spend thousands in fuel, maintenance, and registration fees
        >99% of your time is spent commuting to and from your McJob

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Road trip, homie... go and see this country.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Renting a Suburban for a couple weeks is far more cost effective

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

See, the thing is though, for what people expect to get for "lightly used" cars, you might as well just buy it new. If it's a shitbox, I guess it's fine to buy it moderately used. Performance cars... well, boomermobile stuff is gerally a safe bet, since it's they usually change the oil, and a NA v8 is pretty reliable, but something like a WRX - no way - they're always beat on by their owners.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>but something like a WRX - no way - they're always beat on by their owners.
      I wouldn't expect a flat four cloutmobile to be any less than beat to shit in no time flat, but you'd be amazed how much regular Honda/Acura or Lexus/Toyota product drops in value in a few years, my uncle picked up a 2018 ES350 with 39K on it for a little under 30 grand, and that's a heck of a value considering how much little the dollar is worth, and the thing has very little wear for how much it has fallen in value and what you can pick em up at carmax in great condition for.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't see vehicles as an investment, so resale doesn't mean shit to me. If I'm dropping enough money to buy a car, I'm getting whatever kind of car I want and driving it until the wheels fall off.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>we know, why do used buyers shill this as some holy "gotchya" to new buyers?

because people dont keep a new car, they sell it. its a tiny minority that drive it long enough to cancel the depreciation lost in some other way

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This, we're autistic, but an average normie considers a car older than it's 5 year 60K warranty to be needing replaced, why do you think so many new-ish Hondas have about that much mileage when they hit carmax, for way less money than it was new, the normies just don't want to keep shit.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm poor and moronic, and most of my friends are poor and moronic too. One day recently I was scrolling through autotrader having a beer with my buddy who financed a new WRX a few years ago and seeing what that 30k could have gotten him in the used market made his gut wrench. This surprised me 'cause I thought people who bought new cars already knew this is how it works. I may be broke and stupid but buying new car seems like peak bugman activity to me

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's not dumb if you're going to keep the car for a long time. Especially with something like a WRX, you don't have to worry about the previous owner beating the piss out of it and only changing the oil once every 2 years and then needing to replace the turbo at 50k miles because of it.

Really I'd be very worried about any used turbo car, especially with manufacturer's pushing the 10k oil change meme.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *