My engine oil filter needed changing two weekd and 2000km ago.

My engine oil filter needed changing two weekd and 2000km ago.
But I'm still not managing to get it done (not managing to remove the oil filter).
I've ordered what I hope is the right key.
Is it a big deal if the oil goes unchange for like a month more than recommended?

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

no it doesn't matter.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

screwdriver in filter

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. Hammer flathead through filter and crank it off.

• 2 weeks ago
      Bepis

What car is it?

The thing you ordered is good for certain odd placed filters because you can use extensions and flex head ratchets with them just like any other socket. The harder you turn the ratchet, the tighter it will grip the filter.

Worst case scenario you can always do this

do you not own a strap wrech, bigass screwdriver, or pipe wrench? you can still change the oil without changing the filter. this belong sin the stupid question thread.

This. Except people b***h the most about strap wrenches.

There’s the vise grip model too when you really need to git ‘er dun. I grabbed that on an impulse buy and have yet to run into a filter where I had to bust that out.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I have the one on left. It's okay. Not great, not shit. Jussayin' for any anons who need a filter wrench

• 2 weeks ago
          Bepis

I go for the claw one most of the time. There’s a lot of cars where you have no room to spin a strap wrench worth a damn and the big black pliers barely fit and grab the filter at a bad angle. The little Channellock blue ones are better than the black ones because of the angle and sharper teeth and size, but the claw type $4 HyperTough will fit just about anywhere when it’s on the end of a long handle flex head ratchet.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I use the left one also, I love that thing. Always does the trick.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you went 2000km in two weeks? sheesh

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

do you not own a strap wrech, bigass screwdriver, or pipe wrench? you can still change the oil without changing the filter. this belong sin the stupid question thread.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I use a socket, extension and 3/8 drive wrench to remove my filter. They make big sockets that fit over pretty much all filters. They sell them at Walmart near the oil filters for under $10. Anything else is moronic

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

so my dad taught me to finger tight a filter then grab it and turn it 1/4. never had a leak and never had trouble getting it off. is this an abnormal practice?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's a solid approach but sometimes they get stuck like a b***h anyways.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

These oil filter wrenches have always worked for me without fail to get a stuck oil filter off.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would have grabbed a screwdriver and had it off before you could finish posting this thread. Go back outside and fix your car.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just bumping because I'm an oldgay and don't know newer cars. WTF are you working on, that you can't grip it and get it off, or use the screwdriver technique. Only time I ever had a problem was with someone's '03 VW with a fricking audi engine, that had an oil cooler right under the filter.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My GMT 800 4x4 had the oil filter right next to the pan so you couldn't get a good grip, and if you shoved a screw driver through it, it would be unable to turn. Only way was a filter socket. Since I only had issues with that car, I bought the specific socket instead of the kit

10. 2 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

for me,
    it's this style.
    if you just really want it done you can probably wrap a belt around a stick or something.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is best style but there's a type that has an adjustable rubber belt that's really nice for different sized filters.
      Although I haven't had to use a filter wrench in decades and don't even know where any of mine are.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Best style is the claw. Think the subaru ring of fire

• 2 weeks ago
          Bepis

+1

Those strap type wrenches don’t fit many places. There’s not too many cars these days with a filter hanging down in the open and 8” all around it to spin a handle.

Plus the claw type makes a good selfie stick ;^)

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Belt around a dowel works great

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *