My opinion on the technician shortage and were we are headed rant (warning)

https://www.newsday.com/amp/business/mechanic-shortage-auto-dealers-boces-ugkoeytz

?si=cozo-maHqsaIA094

I want to touch on the subject about the mechanic shortage this issue has been coming up a lot recently, im going to give you my opinion due to the fact that i don’t believe that most of what the news media outlets and youtube videos out there haven’t stitched up the cold truths.Im going to give you guys the raw truth in why thats happening and how this is going to affect us , some of you may not like but it needs to be said at this point , this problem's been coming for 20 plus years ,I think the industry knew it was coming and they exactly nothing about it they keep preaching the same solutions that just hasn’t worked

>Inb4
>this is all my opinion of coarse.
>But this is also 25 years of experience in this field.

(a little bit of background about myself) i have worked third shift for 8 of my years Road service , dealership, unions, all kinds of conditions worked nights days week ends holidays , i started out as a helper back then when there was no background checks no drug tests, and no other stuff of that nature , pretty much worked with some undesirable people you had to have thick skin to work back then , it was a different time , either way i put my time in and its safe to say i can give you my opinion on this
I have seen some of these issues happen to me and others like me so to stay on point on not

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>#1 concern - upper management.
    The number one concern I can think of why we got here is upper management in these larger companies has just destroyed the whole reputation and outlook of this job , with them
    Taking out incentives and the pay away they are just more concerned about other issues , and not actually repairing the stuff that needs to be fixed, the claim that he units are all done well on paper because at the end of the day its all about money for them and not getting it done right, and not even taking care of the men and women that get it done right.
    the other issue that has been common lately is the fact that there is a lot of individuals that are in upper management that should not be there due to their low experience , i feel that they did not put their time in they just dont have the experience to speak on or deal with what we deal with and tell us what and how to do it.
    >when I started out everyone in upper >management/sales/advisors were ex >mechanics so it was easier to take orders from >them to take guidance from and advice mentorship etc,
    >they knew what it took they knew how long it took, best case scenario worst case scenario
    >they knew if the vehicle would not be able to make the repair on time.
    And they were able to get any situation covered instead of lying to customers and mechanics, wich is have seen a lot of that going on ,
    >they would claim the unit would be ready when it wont because they dont know what it takes to get it done.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>#2 concern - mechanics pay.
    The second biggest concern mechanics have is pay , pay is not nearly enough for the amount of
    Work , tools, knowledge and experience needed in this career.
    >when i first started out i ran in with a few >buddies of mine and i was making about 4$ or >$5 dollars an hour more than then they were - >fast forward 5 or 6 years later they are making >$25,000 dollars more a year than me in their selective careers.
    So this career just did not stay up the pace in pay compared to the other careers , me and many others in this field have tried to look into
    Something else to get out of this career a couple times earlier on , on my behalf i just couldn’t afford to do it and i personally think the industry does this to you in order to trap you in to it because thats what it kinda did to me , and the longer your in depending on your experience you cant really go anywhere else. The toolage is only getting more and more expensive they expect you to have every tool and not pay you for it ,
    >the incentives like food and tool allowance are gone with the wind.
    >the last time i brought it up in an interview the >interviewer had no ideas what i was even talking about or what that was, never hear of it.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>3# concern -benefits and retirement.
    Now the benefits could be much better retirement could be much better,
    >all the different jobs i have had over the years the benefits were never really that great.
    They have been kinda of expensive including the ones that pay for the mechanics benefits were still crappy in its own way.
    >one company i worked for payed for your >benefits %100 but had no retirement whats so ever.
    And with that all said the company still wondered why they couldn’t get anybody especially to stay long term , many guys would stay a year or two and move on.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The issue is people not going into the field in the first place. I think its a combo of zoomies do not want to do hard work at all, or work in the heat, fair enough; and massive social media exposure that says that they can't get "bitches" unless they live like Andrew Tate or something. And so being a mechanic = poor and undesirable

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I'm adding to the mechanic shortage by talking the ones that are set entering the industry to become aviation techs instead

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

We're all involuntary aviation techs now. At least when we fly out of SFO

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Blaming the next generation like a fat old boomer
      I’m right on the Gen X tail. But frick off to death, Black person. Work ethic isn’t the issue, and it never was.
      >Why don’t zoomers want to work in [x] for much lower pay than the previous generations while we flood the country with Black folk and immigrants, collapse the housing market, flatline the dollar and let inflation soar out of control
      >Clearly it must be their WORK ETHIC and not a variety of other factors that make this field utterly undesirable, it MUST be their fault and not mine

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Also, on that note, if companies are too fricking slimy and israeli to care about worker comfort than they deserve to die. I’ve gotten my hands dirtier than most of this board, from trucking, to working in the oil patch and fracking to being a dumb frick Infantry tard. It’s not always possible, but if I want to make my conditions on site nicer to work in, you bet your balls I will, and if the company isn’t willing to back me up and assist (especially if you word it as a safety issue), then I’ll go work somewhere else.
        Frick you.
        Get raped to death.
        It’s not the 1940s, suffering all day is not a badge of honor, it’s a badge of laziness or moronation. Workers are more effective and efficient when comfortable.

Holy FRICK that mentality pisses me off. I’ve seen it way too many times in the field.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>It’s not the 1940s, suffering all day is not a badge of honor, it’s a badge of laziness or moronation. Workers are more effective and efficient when comfortable.
          I heard from some ex-coworkers at the last place I worked that corporate had made the climate control for the garage controlled over wi-fi by the head office, which is absolutely insane to me. They said they were freezing their butts off.
          Like just fricking leave at that point?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>climate control for the garage controlled over wi-fi by the head office, which is absolutely insane to me. They said they were freezing their butts off.
            buy some aluminum dryer duct, run a duct from the vent to blow directly on the thermostat. Problem solved.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>They said they were freezing their butts off.
            >Like just fricking leave at that point?

A lot of workplaces suck, and if you bail out every 2 weeks, your resumé becomes absurd, taxes are more complicated and you spend time unemployed and not collecting checks. Getting a decent job usually takes a while, and some effort, and often times what looks good actually sucks when you get there.

Anyways, you can tolerate cold by conditioning your body to tolerate cold. I worked in a refrigerated DC for a while and did not wear a sweater or even long sleeves most days. it was about 1-2°C/ 34-36°F

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Also, on that note, if companies are too fricking slimy and israeli to care about worker comfort than they deserve to die. I’ve gotten my hands dirtier than most of this board, from trucking, to working in the oil patch and fracking to being a dumb frick Infantry tard. It’s not always possible, but if I want to make my conditions on site nicer to work in, you bet your balls I will, and if the company isn’t willing to back me up and assist (especially if you word it as a safety issue), then I’ll go work somewhere else.
        Frick you.
        Get raped to death.
        It’s not the 1940s, suffering all day is not a badge of honor, it’s a badge of laziness or moronation. Workers are more effective and efficient when comfortable.

Holy FRICK that mentality pisses me off. I’ve seen it way too many times in the field.

Boomers will never accept this. They don’t want to take responsibility for the situation they created. And they still believe that Ronald Regan’s policies were the best thing ever

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Based. Total Boomer Death.
        The other boomer attitude is not teaching the next generations any of the skills or techniques needed to do the jobs effeciently because they're afraid of being replaced and want to preserve their irreplaceable status and their egos can't handle seeing the youngsters get as good as or better than they are. So they take their knowledge to the grave out of selfishness and spite.
        Boomers are by far the worst, most selfish, nation destroying generation ever. An entire generation of spiritual israelites.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Had some mining engineers do this to me. Zero interest in effective teaching.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

You’re wrong, boomer. Zoomers don’t want to work hard. Simple as. Get raped by a pack of Black folk.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Nice try with your gaslighting, boomer

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Zoomers are no less hard workers when they need to that any other generation. In fact, Boomer filth like you is usually worse, as you expect people to kiss your ass for nothing beyond your own perceived superiority for nothing you babydick Black personhomosexual. You offer nothing better than them and will be replaced sooner.
          Die.
          Perish.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Why would I be a mechanic being dirty and getting bruised/chemicals exposure and needing lots of expensive tools and having people yell at me cause they are being charged absurd amounts of money that mostly doesnt make its way to me? when I can go work at a climate controlled grocery store for the same amount of money? Or I can go work at a warehouse and drive forklifts, get strong stacking stuff, mostly keeping to myself. Or I can do any other industry with zero upfront investment. (Had to buy steel toe shoes and long sleeve shirts when I was a welding robot operator maybe $200) neat job 4 days per week and decent pay. Totally worth it.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Exactly my point. It’s not that you “don’t want to work, hurr hurr”, it’s that too many industries are having worker retention issues because there’s no real reason to deal with the bullshit over finding something else that interests you. Trucking was like that for me. Why should I go pull Super Bs full of fuel again for $30/hr, when the entry-level office wagie jobs in my area make $27/hr, and they don’t have the INSANE expense of a Class 1 license, they don’t have to buy work gear and work in -40 to +35, they don’t have to deal with Pajeets every day, go home stinking like fuel and so on.

There’s no incentive, and yet companies wonder why old farts retire early and young white guys (the most valuble demographic) don’t wanna bother.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I would gladly take a “dirty” job, but alas companies/stealerships decided to be stingy snowflakes regarding shit like pay and even just getting a job. Hell a few years ago I went around and applied to various shops saying I’d be a helper (and that was when I drove a mid 90’s shitbox of a trugg, basically signalling I wasn’t a complete spud mechanically), but evidently I wasn’t good enough. So it looks like as of now anyways its IT for me. Their boomer asses showed people their listed jobs are dogshit, so naturally everyone will avoid it for greener pastures.
      t. mid 20’s zoomer

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What you say couldn't be true because if no young people were going in the wages would be going up.
      >massive social media exposure that says that they can't get "bitches" unless they live like Andrew Tate or something. And so being a mechanic = poor and undesirable
      Being a mechanic today actually does equal poor and undesirable to young women though.
      And they're not really incorrect about tye poor part at least.
      It doesn't have anything to do with Andrew Tate, it has to do with women's standards rising at a time when pay for average wagie cagies is stagnating regardless of all the inflation with shit like housing.
      So in boomer times a guy who made
      " about average" would be considered adequate because he could afford to raise a family and own a house and go on vacations and afford other creature comforts which would satiate her enough that she might think twice before cheating or divorcing, these day's "about average" is equivelent to being back poor in those day's so average men
      (socio-economically speaking) cannot afford to keep the b***hes content for long unless they just so happened to be blessed with a 9 inch dong.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

#4 concern - loyalty and trust
    Loyalty is out the window for these previous reasons that i have mentioned , if you are not offered enough money they are going to move on,
    >this has happened to me i have asked for a >raise and they gave me every excuse under the >book why they didn’t have it , they couldn’t do it Not right now, etc.
    So then i put my notice in , two weeks later and now all of a sudden they came up with the money i have had this happen to me and multiple other guys i have worked with , so right after that you just have a bad taste in your mouth. , upper management is constantly lying to mechanics thats another big issue i see and its getting worse lately than ever.

> heres the thing - to you upper management people.!!!!!!!

If you’re gonna start lying to your mechanics and you get caught in a lie thats it!!!! That guy is pretty much done with you and will never ever look at the company the same again!!!
    >Don’t be surprised when they quietly quit , and slowly start to look for another job and disappear.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

#5 biggest concern - lay offs and degradation.
    You keep hearing me mention about upper management over and over and its , this issue started during the pandemic a lot of the larger companies and car dealerships started pushing away and getting rid of older mechanics , they felt that they were getting paid to much and not getting work done for some reason so???¿
    >they got rid of them for what ever reason.
    I actually heard some one from the financial side of the last company i worked for say that for what they were paying two older mechanics they can hire four younger guys to do double the work
    For twice the money and less pay.
    >and thats what they ended up doing.
    They had this great idea of leasing or buying fleet trucks , keep them 5 years right under warranty this way the younger guys would just do brakes ,tires, and oil changes everything else would have to be done at the dealer ,
    >only problem with is it backfired on them and >they had more trucks at the dealer then they >had on the road. Kek
    So that that technically did not work , a lot of these truck leasing companies liked to hire kids straight out of tech schools , they promise them the world after a year.
    >well the year showed up with empty promises,
    >Just recently i heard last year one of the >biggest ford dealerships had 11 or 12 guys walk >right out the job for that reason alone.
    I guess they kind of shot themselves in the foot on that , these companies expect these kids to get all their licenses and diplomas or certificates
    That they ask them to do and they dont keep their end of the bargain.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>With that all being said here are some RED FLAGS for those of you still wanting to work in >this field/ career. These are things that i look for that i will not work for.
    >sign on bonus.
    I was told years ago by an older gentleman that if they offer a sign on bonus that means they cant get anyone to stay long term for said position.

>flat rate.
    I Will not work for flat rate its a no go , the billable hours are not real and this system will only create bad mechanics, one person said that they were making good money on flat rate until they had a vehicle return back to them one week, and then other shift stabbed him in the back and said that he did everything wrong they then took his paycheck and a half on bi weekly pay , so he worked with out getting pay for an entire month
    >once you take my pay away im done , i will roll my tool box out that day.
    > bi weekly pay.
    I will not work for bi weekly pay thats what many companies want you to do so that way they can trap you in this field like i said earlier with no other options you’ll just have to keep going to show up to work , if i work every week and come in early and leave late to manage things i expect to get paid on that same week./ a little personal but thats how it works in my eyes, i want my pay every week. Used to work for bi weekly for many years btw.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Why is anyone so poor that it maters if a check comes weekly, bi weekly or monthly? If your over 25 in America and you have less than $20k in the bank you have problems

• 1 month ago
        s10fag

I thought the statistics were a joke, but apparently the average american doesn't even have a positive net worth until 25.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

shut the frick up, Black person, most people don't have that. People in cities pay too much in rent to save, people not in big cities barely make any income to save. The non top percentile of the educated are burdened with student loan debt. If you made it, you put down most of your savings on a down payment for a house. Stop jerking yourself off with your fantasy numbers. Good for you, you have money in the bank.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Stacking cash is easy in the city. Many work options, better wages, many shitbox options, bus service, bike lanes, etc. Many places to shop to get best deals on stuff, neighbors dump free shit on the curb when they move, next day Amazon delivery etc.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Once a year I get suicidal for 3-4 months

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Winter time? That is SAD or seasonal depression. You can hit the tanning salons 1x a week and go hiking when the weather is nice and probably feel comfy

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>last one

>unions.
    Its either a hit or miss , but in my case i will not work for unions anymore , i worked on 3 of them over in my career some of them were big names like Detroit Allison and harvard cummins&caterpillar , but when you constantly see unions save bums and screw over the good guys i got tired of it,
    >in my experience i had a legitimate grievance >with my child hospitalized that i clearly advised >management about missing 4 days off of work.
    >i later come back to work with them writing me >up and sending me home with out not wanting >to hear my pleas and reasons with a doctors note and referral.
    watched myself get the short end of the stick and so on i got tired if it , but then i would constantly see guys comeback to the company guys that failed drug tests or stole things or committed crimes on the company site, comeback with all their back pay and seniority with all the benefits as well, so i got tired of it and said im out.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>End of the rant - whats going to happen in the future??.
    Well my generation is getting older we will be getting out or retiring if we’re lucky in a few years soon i know that there’s some guys behind me but after that there wont be to many wrenches out there in the work force. Theres gonna be a big gap in the coming of years even if they bring people to this industry you will still see the gap show up , they keep preaching the same methods that have not worked before and will surely not work now , i really think automation will also take place but thats not going to work. , i do think that that mechanic will become so easy to the point were they are going to be babysitting mechanic’s ,

>Just imagine a guy working on your car while watching a video or tutorial on how to do the repair.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>$100k salaries

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>only 100k to work on nucars
    not enough

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>I'm too much of a boomer to use computer
      Wimp

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The actual engineers who design these cars are even lucky to make that much.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

im confused is the pic of an aw11 supposed to represent nucars?

12. 1 month ago
    s10fag

Literally doesn't matter what you think, its not getting fixed in a conventional manner so the balls in your court to handle how it affects you.

This is exclusively an american problem.

13. 1 month ago
    Greased Geese

I kindof don't care because there will only be peace on the roads when the only cars left on the roads are ones that are repaired by their owners and not by dealers and greaseballs.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'm not reading your novel

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

(warning) tldr

16. 1 month ago
    Greased Geese

>all the best engineers and technicians are dead or retired
    >all the best manufacturers or companies are bankrupt or sold to chinese
    >all the best cars are behind us
    welcome to hell you motherfrickers

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>all the best engineers and technicians are dead or retired
      I'm a mechanical engineer who formerly worked in the auto industry (2 car companies and a supplier). Personally I think that the current "hiring" meta makes companies hire worse employees.
      A candidate that lies and shoves millions of their buzzwords into their resume gets hired because real honest engineers with human-style resumes can't even get past the hiring software.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Also DEI initiatives and incompetent leadership. About two years ago I had the honor of chatting with a senior engineer who had recently retired from a long career at GM (I graduated with his daughter.) He was in the powerplants division and his favorite projects were working on small blocks. If you like an LS, odds are he's one of the guys you should thank. He said he wasn't really ready to retire but couldn't deal with the way the company was going. That it was always bureaucratic but recently it got much worse.
        That won't end well for GM, and I think Ford might be even more pozzed. I dread to even think how bad it must be inside the big euro brands, Honda doesn't make rwd and Toyota just can't stop announcing legendary names they're tarnishing with undersized motors.
        I think we're entering a sort of automatic dark age, and can only hope to lobby and/or litigate enough bailouts away that the upcoming collapses clear adequate room in the ashes for a couple good new companies to form.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

The big euro brands are struggling with quality control. The parts keep getting shittier. Have seen it numerous times already where the "revised" part is just the old part that actually works with a different part number

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>outsource everything
            >Teach gender fluidity and import violent migrants
            Why don't people actually knows how to work anymore?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>The big euro brands are struggling with quality control. The parts keep getting shittier.
            True that, have you heard of the oil migration issue through BMW oil pressure sensors into the ECM? It boggles the mind how this could occur.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I hate hiring software so much. Get me in a fricking room with actual technicians and mechanics, and I ace interviews. I write my resume with only MILD embellishments and it still goes in the fricking trash.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

It's fricked, it encourages lying and "fake it til you make it." This is not an appropriate use of software.
          I'm also a software engineer which makes this easy to demonstrate. I can have actual work experience in 10+ languages, 2 database types, and all the webdev shit... Look, if you know one object-oriented language and the dev lifecycle, you know them all.
          But if I don't put the EXACT programming languages or software they use, my resume doesn't get past the HR software checks and isn't seen by a human.
          >C, C#, python, VB, C++, Rust, Swift, Objective-C, assembly.... I don't see Scala here, into the trash it goes.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

WRENCHER CHADS WIN AGAIN

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

same issues in aerospace.
    like 1-2% of hires are actually qualified.
    .t Boeing gay.

also, one of my race bros works for CarMax as a mechanic.
    they keep raising wages to the extreme to make sure they don't lose anyone with experience.
    Because all the new hires are actually completely worthless with their hands.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>t Boeing gay.
      My ex gf from uni dropped out of college, spent 2-3 years in Thailand doing heroin and meth every day, came back, got her degree from community college, and Boeing hired her as an aerospace engineer.
      I graduated on time mech eng, had internships the entire way through college and even worked in HS too. I drove 10 hours to interview with Boeing for a lesser, very basic engineering job. The interview went great and they took several months to tell me 'no.'
      Good times, frick Boeing.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Hey fellow boeinggay, I work fixing your mistakes on newly delivered 737 MAXs at Ryanair. Do you have monkeys hitting rivets around the APU or are you just using the worst quality rivets known to man cause I swear to frick half the planes that come in need the entire housing drilled out and rehit because of snapped/poorly hit rivets

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I used to work for the company that made the APU exhaust years ago.
        & the Max APU itself used to be like 20 ft for my work area.
        The APU composite cowling was also right next to my area.
        I don't remember any issues coming from that at all actually.
        although I'm pretty sure Boeing does not manufacture any of those items.

but something that I have noticed is, the quality of the fasteners and materials that we are given are really bad.
        it's not really a Boeing thing but an aerospace wide thing.
        pre-COVID I don't remember receiving this many bad high-loc or rivets.
        or at the quality of in tank paint has dropped dramatically.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>it's not really a Boeing thing but an aerospace wide thing.
          It's a workforce problem too. The new generation of workers just completely lack the frame of mind necessary to see the small details and larger picture to the end outcome. They just can't be taught it without rigorous training, they lack the baseline genetic heredity for it to come naturally.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Gee if only they were instructed and inspired by their parents to be worthwhile people

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>people
            Well there's your problem.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>The new generation of workers just completely lack the frame of mind necessary to see the small details and larger picture to the end outcome.
            It seems that way but no, the issue is managers and higher ups want to spend the least amount of time and money as possible to push a product out the door. So training is basically bare minimum and if you actually do it right, write up the NCR and do the proper shit outlining the problems. Even if it's from an outside vendor they'll still push it past as a "Use as is" even if it straight up violates print without understand what the part is or how it's used. Motherfricker it calls out a certain thread pitch and it's not even close. This is from someone else in the aerospace industry.

You'd be surprised, if you train young people right they do a fantastic job. The issue is the lazy israelites who wanted to get their 6-7 figure salaries and literally do nothing.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

This happens at any corpo-hell mcjob. I have to interpret legal contracts, face customers, and handle large amounts of money, and I'm constantly told to come up with new and better ways of solving problems, but never deviate from what is written in the employee guide or whatever your manager told you to do. They'll hire anyone and tell them to figure out something super complicated, then get pissy when you point out training was completed but the employee is unable to do the actual job.

Increase employee pay? Nah frick that give them 3 free sessions of betterhelp to assist with mental healthcare. Point out corposuits donated millions to charity, but sorry had to cut 10% of all employees. Such a massive disconnect from corporate that seemingly has no idea why employees are pissed off and intentionally doing a worse job.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Where do you Boeing gays work? I did intermediate level maintenance in the military and all the local spots are trying to lowball for $50k a year salary for a 10 hours a day and can’t find anyone so I can’t even use my skills. I do an office job for a security company and I make the same fricking amount and barely work all day and have entire weeks off sometimes due to gaps in contracts. I want to make actual money.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I did intermediate level maintenance in the military and all the local spots are trying to lowball for $50k a year salary for a 10 hours a day
            lol the Air Force pays more than that when you consider the housing and sustenance costs starting from E-3 are tax free. You know employers are absolutely fricking people over when the military pays better than the civilian sector, and there's talks to jump pay over 10% for the next year because the DoD can't retain their top talent either.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Don't forget that the military gets free medical, too. It's cheating at life, if you can join.

Honestly apply to your local state agency or even the FAA. Government is the only one actually paying enough for a lower middle class wage for jobs that any moron can do. I make $32/hr doing FAR139 Airfield Operations and have 3 years to top step ($44/hr) with full govt wagie benefits including a union, pension at 62, and $80 a month healthcare that covers specialists without a referral and a $20 copay at best

>$80 a month healthcare
            Fricking A, I'm at $750 / mo with $50 copays through the marketplace because "forever contracted never hired" is the strat for getting full time employees and not giving benefits.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>It's cheating at life, if you can join.
            It's not difficult. Just don't get fat, don't get a criminal record, pay attention in school, and don't do drugs. 77% don't even make it because of that and the number keeps going up. Even the Space Force isn't that difficult to join, even though they have an interview process on top of all of that.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>In shape
            >Paid decent attention in school
            >Love rigidity and structure
            >Love machines
            >Born asthmatic

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm the guy you replied to. Both of my parents were 30-year military, my grandfathers were military, my first job was at the BX the week I turned 16. I was born with two disqualifying conditions so despite being physically fit and top-2% on the SAT I couldn't join. I wanted to.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Honestly apply to your local state agency or even the FAA. Government is the only one actually paying enough for a lower middle class wage for jobs that any moron can do. I make $32/hr doing FAR139 Airfield Operations and have 3 years to top step ($44/hr) with full govt wagie benefits including a union, pension at 62, and $80 a month healthcare that covers specialists without a referral and a $20 copay at best

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I want to make actual money.
            then get an a&p.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

maintenance is a grade 9 job at the Fab locations.
            Auburn or Fredrickson.
            starts at about $30
            max after 6yrs is almost $50.
            new contract after the strike later this year will be in the $60hr range.
            there isn't a more laid back maintenance job than Boeing.

Don't forget that the military gets free medical, too. It's cheating at life, if you can join.
            [...]
            >$80 a month healthcare
            Fricking A, I'm at $750 / mo with $50 copays through the marketplace because "forever contracted never hired" is the strat for getting full time employees and not giving benefits.

Boeing union medical is about $30 a month for a single person.
            basically covers 90% of costs upfront.
            maximum yearly out if pocket is $2,000.
            it's pretty good if ignoring the bad vision coverage.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>they keep raising wages to the extreme to make sure they don't lose anyone with experience
      Money isn't enough to fix those problems. It helps, but the entrenched problems are still enough to get people to move on.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I think its because they got rid of every single thing males were good at. I remember they tried to make blue collar work seem like crap and it would just be done by old people and machines anyway.

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Death to america

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>at least one airline has refused to take delivery of North Charleston built aircraft
    Is this still a thing?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

that' was one of the Arab airlines refusing to buy 787 from outside Washing state.

the South Carolina boeling plant is non-union and is pretty notorious for being a hell hole.
      If you think the Washington planes have issues, you should see the South Carolina ones.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Employers are turning even more israeli than they've been in a very long time and people are waking up to it.
    People really don't have an issue with work. Rather, they have issues with all the bullshit going on. Why work when you're going to get paid nothing? Why work for shitty fiat currencies the governments print out of thin air? Why work when everything is visibly changing for the worse?

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>administrators focusing only on profit
    >people actually doing work not getting paid enough
    Wow, just like literally every other business model in the country. Thanks for your brilliant insight, chief. Pieced this together all by yourself, did you? A-fricking-stounding.

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

But they have a pizza party once a quarter. How could this be?

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

TL;DR

IT's simple and can be put briefly. Mechanic isn't a feasible long term career. It's hard on your body and doesn't pay well. You can't live well on a mechanic's salary unless you highly specialize. Mechanic is a job now, not a career.

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'm so glad I didn't become a mechanic, I'm sure I make more now than my buddies who continued on with the automotive program at school, or what they ever will unless they open up their own shop.

You're welcome other techs. Less competition in the future. At some point, something has to give and they'll need to pay you guys more... right.... right?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Way too many blue collar guys are in that moronic SWEAT PLEDGE mentality and/or not socially smart, or smart in general (describing myself here) and don't understand how to negotiate for better pay. Employers don't want to give it either, obviously.

27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Within 10 years, the insurance company is gonna put your car on a boat to Southeast Asia for any and all repair work and give you a kia rio loaner for the 6 month turnaround on that. Auto mechanic profession will price itself out of existence.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

We're already there with commercial stuff, all the big rebuilds come from Mexico and all the small shit is sent to Asia

28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

OP is a homosexual who can’t spell or use basic grammar for jack shit
    Therefore his shitty essay should be ignored

>coarse
    >commas misplaced every single fricking time
    >”.!!!!!!!”
    >”so???¿”
    >mechanic’s
    >./
    Frick off with your hellspawn until you get a better understanding of grammar and keyboard usage than an elementary schooler thank you. We don’t need more morons typing out indecipherable shit and clogging up an already shitty website.
    >inb4 “muh dyslexia”
    It’s called “not being taught to be read properly at a young age” and I’m sorry your parents fricking hated you.

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I used to be a mechanic. It made me hate cars and it took over a decade for me to start wrenching again.
    The pay is also heinous for entry level techs and if you're flat rate you spend all day in a frenzy just to break even while the older guys get the gravy jobs. Why stick around if I need to go home exhausted every day for $20 an hour?

30. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You're better being a small engine mechanic fixing lawnmowers, small tractors and generators than messing around with cars.

31. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>money
    kinda self-explanatory, salaries are way too low, you work 9-10 hours per day, in Western europe after you make 2-3 years of school to become a mechanic you make 1.8k-2k after taxes, a fricking taxi driver earn more than that and he will not work under such stress/body
    as a mechanic you will make money if you open your own shop here and do some under the table stuff, otherwise have fun
    >new generation
    women see men who work "dirty" jobs as below as does who work in a office even if some of those who work dirty jobs make more after a while
    >the job itself
    is hard on your body, from heat, being dirty so many hours per day, back/knee problems after lifting so many things etc

If you would pay people more, they would become mechanics, we don't have a "crisis" because people don't want to work in X industry, people don't want to be slave working 9-10 hours per day while barely making any money while living paycheck to paycheck because rent and groceries went up again

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *