POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>throws in unfiltered high voltage AC current to your BMS in the way
    What could go wrong?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

voltmeters are used in an "open circuit" configuration
      that is to say that there is a measurement of potential difference between the two bus and that is converted into a signal (<50 V 4-20mA) and that information goes to the computer on the right
      that energy isnt available to the computer on the right
      they teach this in my highschool

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>voltmeters are used in an "open circuit" configuration
        That's not exactly what he's pointing out though. The problem in the pic is that there's essentially no barrier or switch whatsoever between the main power line and the BMS board. So when the user decides to charge the vehicle in AC, the current will flow into the BMS, which runs on a DC current, potentially jeopardizing the entire system. I don't how Tesla cars are coping with this situation, but this is one the hazards that's underlying within the design of NACS. It's definitely not a well thought out design compared to CCS, which uses a seperate bus for DC currents, and as to why Tesla has made such a decision, I can only think that anyone who's designing it wasn't really an expert in electricity.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You're making a lot of conclusions from a simplified block diagram tbh.

Why would you prefer a larger plug.
          nta but yes, I would prefer a larger plug. But I can understand why they'd make it smaller, modern men are developing smaller hands closer in size to that of a womens. Making it small and dainty makes it easier for women and manlets to handle.

On the other hand, a larger plug has more heft but would also provide greater tactile feedback, if you want a good comparison look at car doors. The industry has had to invested an enormous amount of money achieving that "ka-chunk" as doors have become lighter and softer to close, so much so that some cars now feature artificial mechanisms to generate that noise. That feedback when you close a car door is closely associated with quality and we're already seeing a similar trend with charging handles wherein the plastic materials used are primarily based on tactile feedback for the end user.

Nobody cares what's inside, it's all about how it feel in the hand.

I'll whip you with the thin end of my NACS plug and let you ka-choke on my thick plug if you know what I mean.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No, I don't know, why don't you explain it to me...

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Elmo sacked the entire Supercharger team because the department head hurt his feelings

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Thanks, Anon. I've been learning this for the midterm.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What I want to know is where the power source is that is generating 250kW of DC power because it sure as frick is not housed in the same appliance that contains the charging cable. Anyone have experience installing/servicing these things?
    To run multiple 250kW superchargers simultaneously would be a fricking massive inverter sitting somewhere, is there a shed somewhere out of sight? is it underground? Where???

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

yeah no shit moron lmao

"no way all the gas fits inside of that small pump i put my credit card into, there HAS to be something they're hiding from us!"

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

homie I service welding machines for a living. The Miller Proheat 35 is a 35kW DC power source. It's weight/dimensions are:
        >H: 29 in (736 mm) W: 21.5 (546 mm) D: 36.75 (933 mm)
        >weight: 227 lb

250kW DC power source would be more than 7x this size. Multiplied by the number of super charger stations. It would be the size of a large caravan at least and weight over 1500lb

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

have you ever seen a supercharger irl?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

250kW is the max for a single supercharger and tapers off after several minutes, they all don't need that much at once. But the boxes that house the dc converters are usually pretty obvious. Like in the background of this picture.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tesla and other north america moronshits. Why live under tesla name if using Edison DC.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>people loads cars at home
    >gee, thats not profitable to us
    >Lets make cars accept high volt DC only and let there be super chargers bearing our logo

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Charging_Standard
      >The NACS connector can support both AC charging and DC fast charging.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Which company did this?

it does not support 3 phase so it's meaningless

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

3 phase DC doesn't exist anywhere so it's not important.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

your home does not have DC anyway but euro homes have 3 phase AC

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I charge my car at 2kW (240v, 11amp) and every day it's always fully charged. When I get my second house I'll install a 6kW charger just cause why not. Only time you would need faster is a road trip, and 3 phase is too slow for that.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

lmao phaselet if you had three phase like a civilized country your options would be 11 or 22kW

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Except every car ever does not directly accept 3 phase power so it means the charger has to down-convert to single

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

stop being moronic in markets that have three phase availability cars obviously accept it
            11kW being the standard and for the full 22kW you usually have to pay a bit more

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Show me on the nacs or ccs2 connector where the third phase wire (L3) connects?
            You have L1 and L2/N, no L3

3 phase chargers are converting the 3 phase into either DC fast charging or a single phase at many amps

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

anon please don't be so stupid

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Are you the anon from diy that is using the Y adapter to charge from two separate circuits?

I'm about to do the same thing at work because our fleet is going electric. I've got 208v though but can do 208v 16a (3.3kw)

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah. Been using it for a year with no problem. But I don't know about a fleet and work. You want to keep the amps at whatever level the circuit can take, and if you have a few different cars at work some moronic employee will probably frick it up. Better just to get an actual EV charger, since you can probably get some good government deals. I only did it because it would cost $3500 to install an EV charger. Not doing that for a house I plan to live in for only a couple years.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>3 phase DC

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>3 phase DC
            DC does not necessarily mean constant voltage, pic.rel is an example of a 3-phase DC supply. They have a few niche usages, mostly in signal mechanics, but most of the time it's easier to use a true AC supply due to the supporting infrastructure.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You posted a picture of AC, alternating current.
            Are you even aware of what DC is and the difference between it and AC

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it is a dc offset function generator waveform

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

???
            its a sinusoidal wave, its AC.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>its a sinusoidal wave, its AC
            No.
            AC is alternating positive and NEGATIVE with respect to a common ground.
            That's just a DC whose amplitude fluctuates.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>its a sinusoidal wave, its AC.
            Your mind is about to be blown...

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Which company did this?

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>idk just stick some giant fricking DC pins onto the existing connector and be sure to key it so it's not backward compatible, also make sure it's triple the size and doesn't actually deliver more power than the direct competitor
    CCS1 is cringe. The plug should be consistent across chargers, and the car should figure out the electricity on its own.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>hurr slim good, thick bad
      When will Teslatards realize both CCS and NACS are IEC-61851 with different interfaces.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why would you prefer a larger plug, given that they do the same thing? I'd be open to a bigger plug if it meant more power or more rugged, but it doesn't. It's just bigger and heavier because the engineers are moronic.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Why would you prefer a larger plug.
          nta but yes, I would prefer a larger plug. But I can understand why they'd make it smaller, modern men are developing smaller hands closer in size to that of a womens. Making it small and dainty makes it easier for women and manlets to handle.

On the other hand, a larger plug has more heft but would also provide greater tactile feedback, if you want a good comparison look at car doors. The industry has had to invested an enormous amount of money achieving that "ka-chunk" as doors have become lighter and softer to close, so much so that some cars now feature artificial mechanisms to generate that noise. That feedback when you close a car door is closely associated with quality and we're already seeing a similar trend with charging handles wherein the plastic materials used are primarily based on tactile feedback for the end user.

Nobody cares what's inside, it's all about how it feel in the hand.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Why would you prefer a larger plug, given that they do the same thing?
          It's actually not. In fact, anyone with a tad bit of knowledge of electric circuits would immediately notice why the design in

https://i.imgur.com/IYD1DxV.png

>throws in unfiltered high voltage AC current to your BMS in the way
          What could go wrong?

is fricked in the first place.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>the israelites are making us have electric cars!
    >rollout is complete worldwide clusterfrick

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *