Need a commute/family car and I'm kinda in love with the BMW i5.

Need a commute/family car and I'm kinda in love with the BMW i5. The rear looks damn hot, imagine it lowered a bit and nice wheels. I can charge at home so I don't mind it being electric. But the main reason is because it may be more reliable(?) less parts that can break, less maintainance. Should I go with it? Looking for a keeper to drive as long as possible. New M5 must be even nicer but maintainance too expensive and not as reliable. Go for it or nah? Other option would be the new prius but it offers less space, less comfort and costs almost the same.

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Toyota corolla

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Been there but wanna upgrade. I feel comfortable with the price range of the 5 series

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Is your family okay with you driving a sedan and not a symbol of authority and wealth like an suv?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I had to convince my wife

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Toyota Avalon or a Lexus

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i5 is gay it's basically a dildo on wheels, get an M550i or M5.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I prefer the new gen and they don't offer the M550i anymore. 520i is the only one to pick lmao. Or 550e as the plugin hybrid. I might wait for the M5 reveal but I'm afraid it's a bit too expensive then

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

new gen is ugly, last gen is way better (objectively). and the new M5 is going to be a 5400lb hybrid anyway so don't bother waiting for that.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Getting a nubimmer without a clutch pedal is so tasteless, there's a reason for the turk stereotype. The reason to buy a BMW was for the driving experience but they ruined their steering with the electric racks, ruined the fun with all flappy paddles, and ruined the rest by being pigfat. There's no redeeming factor left, although at least the 5er hasn't got the dump truck face yet. If you want a hybrid unironically get a Prius, the new ones have a 0-60 that's like 4 seconds faster than the prior gen so it's a completely different machine than it used to be, but still the thing Toyota does better than anyone on the reliability side. It's also something of a luxury good in liberal circles so the upper trims are shockingly nice inside compared to the gen 1 my buddy had years ago.If you want a fancier badge for ego reasons I'm sure there's a Lexus with that drivetrain.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

that looks fricking horrible, you're gonna lower that and put some Black person rimz on it and look like a fricking dumbass lmao

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Do it. You'll make DAtards mad but IRL these BMWs project serious wealth and prosperity.
      When I go on a road trip and I start seeing new BMWs, Mercs, and Audis instead of trucks, muscle cars, and old caddies and lincolns, I know I've returned to prosperous civilization.

What do you drive?

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not flinging shit, genuine question: why would anyone buy an electric only BMW? I own a 330 so if anything I'm an apologist for the brand, but I feel like if you are going for an all electric car they all kinda become samey because it's all basically the same shit with a different wrapper on it.
    If you are getting a mid-full sized sedan any old five series with the B58 should do you fine IMHO and be a fun car that's still comfy as frick. I dunno, is probably a lot like modern smart phones where people perseverate over models and brands when at the end of the day all of them behave near identically in 90+% of circumstances but it's still something people seem to care really deeply about.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>why would anyone buy an electric only BMW?
      Only economical reasons. I already have a fun weekend sports car so I don't mind losing some of the fun on the BMW. I can charge at home and safe money on gasoline. And from what I read it's more reliable than a combustion engine. Less parts that can break, less maintainance, would probably run forever. Worst could happen is a battery change in a decade or so.

Getting a nubimmer without a clutch pedal is so tasteless, there's a reason for the turk stereotype. The reason to buy a BMW was for the driving experience but they ruined their steering with the electric racks, ruined the fun with all flappy paddles, and ruined the rest by being pigfat. There's no redeeming factor left, although at least the 5er hasn't got the dump truck face yet. If you want a hybrid unironically get a Prius, the new ones have a 0-60 that's like 4 seconds faster than the prior gen so it's a completely different machine than it used to be, but still the thing Toyota does better than anyone on the reliability side. It's also something of a luxury good in liberal circles so the upper trims are shockingly nice inside compared to the gen 1 my buddy had years ago.If you want a fancier badge for ego reasons I'm sure there's a Lexus with that drivetrain.

I had lots of fun test driving the bmw i4. Sure you can't compare it to the old ones with shifter but country roads were great. They feel of steering, braking, etc. are perfect. I still think ride quality and fun is better compared to modern Mercedes/Audi/Lexus. But again, the "real fun" I can have with my RX7 FD that I drive on sunny weekends.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

E60 M5 and $60k worth of engine rebuilds.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you actually like the looks of the fugly modern BMWs that dramatically shifts the balance of pros/cons.
    I don't think we have enough long term data on how BMW has overcomplicated electric cars to speak as to reliability. They have a history of a lot of bullshit.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

bro if you want it get it.
    I wish I would like new cars.

I don't want to cynical, i actually mean that.
    hope you have fun with your ride.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>imagine it lowered a bit and nice wheels
    ricer

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ugly. represents you and your ancestors poorly.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *