NEEDS SOME WORK... RAN GREAT WHEN PARKED... 20000 FIRM, NO LOWBALLERS I KNOW WHAT I GOT

NEEDS SOME WORK... RAN GREAT WHEN PARKED... 20000 FIRM, NO LOWBALLERS I KNOW WHAT I GOT

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Jokes on you some dumbass will no joke buy that

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I never understood why some idiots buy cars like this. Like 70 percent of all metal on that body is completely fricked, its just cheaper to buy a car whose body hasn't completely disintegrated instead of recreating one yourself. They even make new replacement bodies for old muscle cars now so I don't see the point other than autistic obsession with "muh restoration".

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You lack the testicular fortitude to restore an old muscle car

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

why don't i just buy a whole new car's worth of replacement parts to begin with?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Mostly engine etc parts or just for VIN numbers to re-use with stolen/scrapped but better preserved one

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Repopped body panels are generally pretty cheap and not that hard to swap with a bit of basic bodywork knowhow. If most of the inner structure is still solid, it's easier to swap them than piecemeal patching existing panels. Something like the OP pic looks totally salvageable and honestly not that huge of a job.
        If you can pick up the car you want with a little rust for a fraction of the cost that you could get it with a clean body, it makes sense to do. Especially if the car is rare.
        Also, then you can guarantee the body is done right and there isn't 10lbs of bondo and newspaper hiding under the paint.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Correct - your pic is maybe a couple of hours work tops. No special tools or skills required. Honestly, it's funny to watch wrenchlets cope their way out of it. Obviously also a very rigid, safe frame at the end of the day.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No, that's more like a full day of work or two if you're not butchering it. And installation definitely requires a little basic body know-how because repopped panels almost never fit right out of the box, so you have to do some pie slicing and filling. The car in that pic took me about a week to get everything welded back on, shimmed, and gapped.
            But if you're semi capable at welding and can read an I-Car book, it's totally doable.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That makes perfect sense. Every self-respecting man should be able to do this. Honestly, I think all the people who post about calipers, rotors, lines, & bleed taking more than 30 mins on all 4 corners is trolling.

In all seriousness though, it's awesome that you can do that and I even believe your timelines, but you are also obviously specialized and investing your life into it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

See above. I am being facetious, but not maliciously, because it's clear to me that you actually know what you are talking about.

I am adamant about the fact that there is quite a lot of ramp up and risk of fricking up though, which you are understating, though I know you aren't doing it intentionally.

>you are also obviously specialized and investing your life into it
            I'm really not. I'm an engine/mechanic guy that only recently stumbled into doing this sort of body work and picked it up quickly with a bit of reading and trial/error. It helps that I had an old painter and collision guy to check over the car when I was done with it to verify I didn't do a shitty job, but I didn't have much help along the way. I definitely don't claim to be good at sheet metal or have a deep understanding of car bodies. In fact, I'm pretty new to this whole thing. That car was only the second one I had done.
            It looks daunting at first, but it's genuinely not as involved as it seems. Unlike a lot of engine work/mechanicing, you can tell if something is wrong with a body just by looking at it, and corrective steps are relatively self explanatory. Paint is a whole other beast though, kek.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I don't have much to add other than you understimating how much being a mechanic helps, even though I understand that bodywork and mechanics are unrelated. You still have you lift, tools, and general knowledge. What you did there is cool regardless.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's fair. I wouldn't assume that someone with zero wrenching experience would take on a job like that anyway, but I definitely don't think it's outside the realm of capacity for the average competent mechanic. Didn't even use the lift for that car, did it all on jackstands, so it's definitely feasible for a home gamer. Thanks mate, appreciate it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I reread this post and realized you're probably being facetious. The frame and the body structure are easy to inspect and obviously you don't do a shitload of body work if you find something wrong. I've seen cars that were a hell of a lot worse than the one I'm the OP that still had good, strong structure underneath. The only "special tools" you need are a welder, a spoon, dollies, and some body hammers. Really not as bad as you'd think.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

See above. I am being facetious, but not maliciously, because it's clear to me that you actually know what you are talking about.

I am adamant about the fact that there is quite a lot of ramp up and risk of fricking up though, which you are understating, though I know you aren't doing it intentionally.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I remember you from the rust hate thread.
          You should share some of this with the nu rust general thread

[...]

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I never understood why some idiots buy cars like this.
        it's just boomers playing hot potato, letting it sit in their yard for 5-6 years before their wife finally forces them to sell it to the next old piece of shit who's not gonna restore it, at a profit, instead of selling it for a fair price to someone with the ability to bring it back from the dead.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

As someone who owns one of these this is actually kinda painful to look at.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

NEEDS SOME TLC.......NUMBERS MATCHING...........FACTORY TIRES AND PAINT.................$10000 NO LOWBALLERS RARE COLLECTORS ITEM!!!

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this exact image was used on this zuckbook listing
      i can't tell if it's a shitpost or not, append this to zuckbook.com
      /marketplace/item/435950832179363/

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I really want a 70s car that’s not worth restoring as a lawn ornament for a garden.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *