>needs the help of stellantia to build the Miata. >every other car is a reconfigured Mazda 3

>needs the help of stellantia to build the Miata
>every other car is a reconfigured Mazda 3
How the frick do they have money for this. This has to be a meem. The FD cannot come back. Popups are dangerous.

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Popups are dangerous.
    fricking nerd

2. 3 weeks ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>rotary that isn't allowed to burn oil
    this isn't gonna end well

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/9b04274ceac58087ee83834f353cb5ed53ece41e?page=2
      Looks like a 2 rotor with an electric motor attached,

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>it's another worthless side port exhaust boat anchor
        Welp there goes any enthusiam I may have had.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Did you expect peripheral ports? Are you profoundly moronic? Mazda made the MSP for a reason, EMISSIONS. Today's emissions requirements are way worse than they were in the RX8's era.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This. There's absolutely no way to make a peripheral rotary pass emissions nowadays. It is impressive engineering that they can make a rotary pass emissions at all, they're probably cheating it.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

they're already selling that engine in the mx-30 r-ev. you can buy a brand new mazda rotary today.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This thing isn't just a range extender though, the twin rotor will drive the wheels. I guess it'd be too expensive to use the electric turbo shit from the new 911, that looks pretty neat

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

So it's a hybrid?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes, that's what they said at the concept reveal. Apparently the 2 rotor can run on hydrogen combustion

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The article on yahoo highlights how a rotary can consume any kind of fuel (hydrogen, biofuel, etc.)
            https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/9b04274ceac58087ee83834f353cb5ed53ece41e?page=2

So it's a hybrid?

This thing isn't just a range extender though, the twin rotor will drive the wheels. I guess it'd be too expensive to use the electric turbo shit from the new 911, that looks pretty neat

>This thing isn't just a range extender though, the twin rotor will drive the wheels.
            no it will absolutely not lmao

here's a diagram from mazda on how the powertrain will work. It sounds like they could go either way. I'm assuming it'll be electric motors to the wheels and the rotary engine just for charging.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm dumb, here's the diagrams

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Isn't this just the standard single rotor range extender configuration they've shown before? You can see that it is fwd, I don't think this is the two rotor setup they show later in the article.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Honda has this hybrid thing where it uses the engine to charge the battery then drive in EV mode at lower speeds but once the battery depletes the engine takes over.
            But idk why would they have any kind of complex hybrid crap in what is supposed to be a light compact 2 seater for spirited driving because that battery wouldn't last more than one pull.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, I'm not really sure why they'd go hybrid on a sportscar tbh. No one cares about efficiency, and if they're not going to do something like a supercar, it seems pointless. The new NSX already showed that a half-assed hybrid setup is worse than either ICE or EV except for efficiency (which isn't a priority for sports cars).
            Maybe if the 2 rotor drove the wheels and they used electric motors on top of that for more power lower in the RPM range it'd be cool.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Maybe if the 2 rotor drove the wheels
            Would be more complicated, heavier, and produce worse results like the NSX.

What they're talking about here sounds a lot less half-assed than previous performance hybrids.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So if we assume ~360hp to the rear wheels as described in the article, and it's via 2 electric motors. That's the same HP as a Tesla Model S, but on a car 1,400lbs lighter. The base Model S does 0-60 in ~5.2 seconds, so this thing should be fast as frick and have long range and not have to deal with charging nonsense. That honestly seems great. It'll just be boring since it'll be like driving a CVT automatic.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>~360hp to the rear wheels
            >That's the same HP as a Tesla Model S, but on a car 1,400lbs lighter.
            It depends on the exact weight and power output, but it is really close to the old RWD Model 3s which were 3500-3800lbs and 250-300hp.
            Current Model 3 Performance is 4050lbs 510 horsepower, so unless they have a higher power version they'll want to keep it lighter and cheaper if they can. Get to close to that $55k price point and they'll get burned.
            Especially since you can just go right in and buy the Model 3 Performance for the listed price. If Mazda Dealers try to play games and raise the price there's no reason to even consider it.

>The base Model S does 0-60 in ~5.2 seconds,
            That might be old numbers, Tesla lists the current base Model S as 3.1 seconds. My Model 3 was listed as 'under 5 seconds' which probably means 4.9 with a 1 foot roll out.
            Also Model S is something like 4600lbs to 4800lbs, so maybe not as much of a weight different either if they're saying 4000lbs.

>It'll just be boring since it'll be like driving a CVT automatic.
            If you've driven a car driven by a powerful electric motor, no. If feels nothing like the disappointing feel of a CVT.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the rx7 was never light

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

compare an rx7 to an nsx or a skyline. It was lighter than all of them.

If its a $100k for a 4000lbs 30kWh 360hp PHEV it just won't find a market.
            That just isn't a halo car in anyone's books anymore.

Everything about the specs says 'entry level Japanese sports car' to me, and if it starts at $45 or less I think it has a chance.
            If they put it at even $70k it is going to run into the new entry level electric Porsche, and even $55k puts them against the Model 3 Performance.

It absolutely needs to be under $50k. Its looks will make up for some performance gap, but the supra and 400z and NSX all flopped, so I hope Mazda takes a lesson from them.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

stupid ass motherfricker lmao, cant believe you solve captchas for this type of shit

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

First gen was 2300 pounds

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

last gen was 1300kg

stupid ass motherfricker lmao, cant believe you solve captchas for this type of shit

you would think 1300kg for a 90s two seater is somehow light you obese frick lmao

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Still lighter than a Corvette let alone a Mustang. American homosexual laws once again are at play here and they force every car manufacturer to be as fat as their refrigerator cars are.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Americans need those laws to fatten every single foreign car to the point where they can actually fit in them.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>last gen was 1300kg
            maybe if you got a sunroof and leather seats. It was more like 1250-1260kg for the base car, and as low as 1240kg for certain models.
            https://www.goo-net.com/catalog/MAZDA/RX7/
            https://www.goo-net.com/catalog/MAZDA/EFINI_RX7/

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It doesn't matter. Anon is a moron who thinks there were any other sports cars other than a miata/mr-s that weighed less.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>This thing isn't just a range extender though, the twin rotor will drive the wheels.
          no it will absolutely not lmao

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Every modern car burns considerably more oil than rotaries did

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah bro, normies are putting in a quart of oil in their cars every time they fill up. Sure thing.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

A quart every 1000 miles is minimum for modern cars, like absolute bare minimum
          Which is the exact amount over time a rotary burns by directly injecting it into the combustion chamber
          So modern cars burn considerably more

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah bro, normies are putting in a quart of oil in their cars every time they fill up. Sure thing.

In fact, M series BMWs, BMW states that 1.5 quarts every 800 miles is normal.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

What?
            My car has 10k mile oil change intervals and only holds 4 quarts and all 4 quarts are still there when I change the oil

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

> A quart every 1000 miles is minimum for modern cars, like absolute bare minimum
            Yeah if your engine is a piece of shit.
            My 200k mile BMW from 16 years ago burns/leaks 1.5 quarts between 6k miles oil changes.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

[...]
          In fact, M series BMWs, BMW states that 1.5 quarts every 800 miles is normal.

Porsche was saying 1L per 1000km was normal use over 15 years ago

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the rotary should burn oil
      Premix you American homosexual. God I hate Americans.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Just make a windshield washer style tank in the engine bay that is used to feed extra oil to the engine. Add a light to the dash when it's low.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

No. The hell with homosexual American laws. They should just ignore American laws and use premix instead of the American stupidity of using oil.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm not saying don't use premix, but maybe have a container for the premix? It's annoying to remember and normies aren't going to do it. Instead of an OMP, why not just distribute premix into the gas tank regularly? Then you could go much further without having to fill-up the premix, and also have a sensor/display when you're running low.

>How the frick do they have money for this
            they sell cars.. I guess. I have no idea how they do it, they have no hybrid tech, no ev tech, no modern day relevant tech whatsoever and needs toyota or other companies to prop them up and yet they're still in business. Somehow.

Their cars look good. That's the #1 seller. They're also well-built, have good interiors (for their price point), and their reliability has improved a lot. The new RWD SUVs seem like their first miss in awhile.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>first miss
            >rwd
            Yea you're a transgender

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The RWD isn't the problem, it's the shitty suspension setup (from what I've read).

you need to be 18 to use DA anon

What tech tho? You need some interior LED mood lighting or a larger infotainment screen huh you little homosexualy ricer. What tech? Dumbass little wrenchlet.

All the tech that you gays want is all completely unnecessary. If it had wings and could fly that would be cool tech. If it had self-driving (that didn't kill you), that would be cool tech. iPads glued to dashboards and mood lighting isn't car "tech", it's homosexualry.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>from what I've read
            Ok then shut the frick up
            >iPads glued to dashboards and mood lighting isn't car "tech"
            To a ricer that's big time technology

so mad, who hurt you little b***h boy

ricer, wrenchlet

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

"tech" is important to normalgays and that's what cars sell mostly to. I'm not even talking about tech that I care, and you're sperging out like there's some boogeyman that's trying to get you. It doesn't fricking matter if they're unnecessary or not, mazda doesn't have the competitive "gimmicks" if that's what you want to call it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Sure but homosexual American laws will not allow them to use anything other than oil.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wonder if they'll share the platform with Toyota for a supra replacement to split the funding of development and production. Toyota could put a hybrid v6 drivetrain or something in there instead of the rotary.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>It's another EV range extender not even attached to the wheels

Ahhh yes because I definitely want a 4000lb rx7

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>4000lb rx7
      That thing would handle like a go cart!

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I want to believe that Mazda are above producing a super heavy "sports car"

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

fml, I just wasted all my money on another car because I thought this would never release.

is it really?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The concept car is 3200lbs apparently

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I don’t get it. 400lbs more than the old one. 200lbs heavier than an rx8. And it’ll make as much horsepower as a 1992 FD while somehow being more complicated. They should make it aluminum-bodied at least since it’ll be $80k anyway.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Presumably because they're building it off some generic suv platform for cost, rather than developing a bespoke sports car platform. If you want a lightweight sports car get an mx-5

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

why wouldn’t they just tweak the mx5 platform instead? like they did with the rx-8

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Where do you stick the batteries in an mx-5 chassis?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

same place they will be in the next MX-5 which will be an EV.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I suppose it is believable that this car is on a new platform if it is being developed for use in an NE miata. It seems super heavy for that to be the case though.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>while somehow being more complicated
          Series hybrid configurations are a lot simpler than a mechanical transmission. Which is why they were around 100 years ago, and still used for locomotives.

>it’ll be $80k anyway.
          If it is, it will be a non-starter. They need to get its price/performance similar to a Model 3. $40k for a RWD 300hp version, $55k max for a higher performance version.
          Factoring in Dealer mark ups they'll need to be even less than that to keep them competitive.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No way, 40k is just a few k higher than the simple Miata with NA 4 cyl, it'll probably be priced similar to Supra

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The Supra at least on paper starts at 46k. good luck getting it out of a Toyota Dealer for under $65k, but that is part of what killed it.
            Mazda is going to need to keep their performance hybrid in line with the Tesla or there is little reason to not just buy the Tesla.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>this low volume halo car needs to be priced like the most sold car in the world
            anon... it will be $100k.
            don't forget the FD RX-7 was $70k after inflation.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If its a $100k for a 4000lbs 30kWh 360hp PHEV it just won't find a market.
            That just isn't a halo car in anyone's books anymore.

Everything about the specs says 'entry level Japanese sports car' to me, and if it starts at $45 or less I think it has a chance.
            If they put it at even $70k it is going to run into the new entry level electric Porsche, and even $55k puts them against the Model 3 Performance.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

guarantee you nobody would cross shop a fricking tesla with a mazda rotary two seater

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What specs? There is zero solid information released about anything. You're making ridiculous assumptions with zero basis and it makes no sense.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They posted stats and information when they revealed the concept car

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>370hp and 1450kg
            Specs of a 60k+ car right there
            It's not some mcdonalds strut share-chassis-with-a-20yo-sedan-platform car. So a high price is what it's worth.

Afterall, a Cayman GTS makes 390hp and sells for over 90k.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Dude you’re just going to have to accept that lithium batteries and modern safety standard and the cabin size expectations are all making a sub 3200lbs production car extinct. And also accept that modern tires and brakes means an M5 at 4200lbs brakes from 100 in less distance than a Miata.

It’s a fact.

The brake job on that M5 is $2000 and coming much faster but at the same time you can drive kids and actually move your legs

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Does Mazda collect autismbucks from Toyota? In any case, I want a new RX-7 and now that I have a decent job I might actually be able to afford one so I'm excite.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Key specs:
      weight: 1450kg (3200lbs)
      horsepower: 360 (262kW)
      motor: 2 rotor + possibility of 2 rear EV motors (so like the MX-30, the two rotor engine will be a generator to charge the small battery which will power the two electric motors at the rear wheels)
      >since OP is a homosexual, here’s the article
      https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/rx-7-re-birth-mazda-iconic-sp-headed-for-production-green-light-complete-with-pop-up

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>two rotor engine will be a generator to charge the small battery
        Dude you're a dumbfrick.
        A 250cc engine from a lawnmower is enough to generate power. They're not going to throw in a 2 rotor just as a generator

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>use a 15hp engine to charge the battery that runs our 320hp motor

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

that's literally what they're already doing today you bumbling frick
          no a 250cc engine can't make hundreds of horsepower of electricity, you're a fricking dumbass who just think electricity is an on/off switch and doesn't understand why your new iphone charges slowly with you 10 year old charger

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The new hybrid Civic uses the same system with a 2 liter engine as a generator.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

anyway, it sounds like it’ll be a gay hybrid, but it looks sexy and has pop-ups. Weight isn’t terrible in this day and age, but with the weak yen they should sell it for around $40k and undercut the supra and 400z while being faster. I’m guessing actual price will be more like $50k base.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

other car is a reconfigured Mazda 3
    Cx-60 to Cx-90 range has a longitudinally mounted inline six. Maybe they'll base it on this platform

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

2 more weeks

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Dead on arrival.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Depends on the price. And how much it looks like the concept.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>needed the help of stellantis to build the miata
    Shit bait. Other way around, moron, the 124 spider couldn't have happened without Mazda's autistic commitment to the Miata.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>rotary EV power
    LOL another corporate writeoff coming up

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Doubt it. There is some value in the RX-7 name, I don't think Mazda would waste it on a throwaway meme vehicle. Not saying it won't suck, but I definitely don't think Mazda would ruin the RX-7 name over something they know is just compliance car garbage.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>C63 AMG enters the chat

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>"hEy GuYs We BuIlT a NeW rOtArY sPoRtS cAr!!1!"
    >hybrid with enough safety bloat and batteries to make it a certified land yacht
    >"NoBoDy BuY cAr!! GuEsS wE jUsT mAkE eV cUvS NoW!1!!"

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

FF?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

MF generator
      MR drive motor

Seems like the most likely setup. They kind of have to, all the BEV competition is MR drive motor.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No, I mean if the FD is the FD then the Renesis engine RX8 is the FE and this new RX9? should be an FF but yeah I knew someone would reply like this lol

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I think they might skip that code because of the confusion, they can say that was the prototype that Top Gear destroyed.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You can pick only one:
    >rx-9 with a twin rotor made from two doritos from the mx-30, with turbo
    >mx-7 with the 3.3 i6 turbo from cx-60, but with more high end/sporty characteristics
    >both 2 seater sports gt ala zupra

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I don't even care what it's powered by, I just want a good looking car lol

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Ok, enjoy your good looking EV, Monkey Paw Inc thanks you for your patronage

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>How the frick do they have money for this
    they sell cars.. I guess. I have no idea how they do it, they have no hybrid tech, no ev tech, no modern day relevant tech whatsoever and needs toyota or other companies to prop them up and yet they're still in business. Somehow.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>no modern day relevant tech
      kys dude what the FRICK are you saying you dumbass ricer

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you need to be 18 to use DA anon

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What tech tho? You need some interior LED mood lighting or a larger infotainment screen huh you little homosexualy ricer. What tech? Dumbass little wrenchlet.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

so mad, who hurt you little b***h boy

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>no modern day relevant tech whatsoever

Based! This is why my last car was Mazda. My next one probably will be too.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>they have no hybrid tech, no ev tech, no modern day relevant tech whatsoever
      that's how, no one would care about that junk if the government didn't tell them to

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Fricking hybrid. I hate liberals, I hate democrats, I hate environmentalists. You homosexuals are the reason we can't have awesome things in this world. Yall want to control everything for the sake of fricking nothing.
    Besides that rant, I'm hyped about the RX-9

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

its still so hard to believe that giant multi-billion dollar companies cant out-lobby these these homosexual doomsday cultists. what is the end-game for car companies that immediately spread their asscheeks for nonsense emissions and EV standards? surely its not good for brands when every car looks and drives the same and become purely appliances?
      tell me, anon

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Hybrid means a stick is very unlikely, right? Especially since it might be full EV power to the wheels. Sounds pretty gay, shame because the car looks great. The ass view is nice, I like the rear lights, they didn't go for the tacky cyberpunk thing, they're quite restrained and classy.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *