>new cars all look the same

>new cars all look the same

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

there's always that one car that inspires the rest in every generation.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't mind if they looked good.
    Also, 3 cars does not a lot make.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Saying pre-90s Japanese cars look alike is the modern day equivalent to waking into a Chinese dealership and saying it looks the same.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Oh no, all these automakers are making similar wedge-shaped sports cars with pop-up headlights
    Is far better and more sovlful than
    >Oh no, all these automakers are making similar car-based, jellybean shaped crossovers
    Same thing with every American automaker building similar looking, fullsize body on frame RWD V8 sedans for decades - it's alright if the cars are actually good.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You must be literally fricking moronic if you cant see a difference

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you must be fricking braindead if you think theres any meaningful different in the image you just posted

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Learning the differences between shapes is something you were supposed to know after preschool, anon. This is just sad.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

meaningful difference vs actual difference

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Sure, we don't need that many cars with four wheels and four doors, there's too many of them with no meaningful difference

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

agreed

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

theyre so amorphous jfc. thats the real problem. cars all looks similar in every generation but between aero and crash structures all cars literally just looked like melted bars of soap (even more than 90s cars) since 2010 and now they look like melted bars of soap with creases stamped in them to fool you into thinking they dont look like melted bars of soap

All the cars are the same color, and, significantly, all of their distinctive wheel designs have been blocked out with gray circles. Color has been de-saturated from all the cars, which makes any graphic design elements from their lighting much less noticeable. They’ve all been scaled to be about the same size. Significantly, this isn’t a random sampling of modern cars: it’s a sampling of cars from one particular type and category: midsize SUVs/crossovers. Also, they misspelled “Volkswagen.”

A lot of work has been done to this image to make cars of the same particular general design (high-riding, wagon-type body) seem like they all look homogenous, but the truth is they really don’t. Considering these are all cars in the same basic class, there’s a hell of a lot of differentiation going on.

If you’re actually confusing these cars visually while you’re out driving, I don’t want to be driving with you, at least not until you go back to the optometrist.

the point is to compare the actual form which is what matters artard

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>why do high-riding, wagon-type body 4 door Midsized SUV/crossovers of the same class all look the same?
          gee i wonder why when you intentionally obscure major distinctive features vehicles exact same category all appear similar

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

moron

>the point is to compare the actual form which is what matters artard
            There's no such thing as Form. Nobody has ever seen a form.

schizo

shambolic state of DA

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>the point is to compare the actual form which is what matters artard
          There's no such thing as Form. Nobody has ever seen a form.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It's like my wife.

She has a 2015 CX-5 and nearly hopped into a 2010 Sportage

>lol dey all look the same

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>My wife is moronic
          Yeah and? So are you

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I work at an auto parts store.
          one day the general manager said to coworker "I tried getting in your car yesterday, I mixed it up with mine"
          coworker drives a dark green 2013 Equinox.
          manager drives a dark gray 2019 Rav4.
          I need a new job.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

All the cars are the same color, and, significantly, all of their distinctive wheel designs have been blocked out with gray circles. Color has been de-saturated from all the cars, which makes any graphic design elements from their lighting much less noticeable. They’ve all been scaled to be about the same size. Significantly, this isn’t a random sampling of modern cars: it’s a sampling of cars from one particular type and category: midsize SUVs/crossovers. Also, they misspelled “Volkswagen.”

A lot of work has been done to this image to make cars of the same particular general design (high-riding, wagon-type body) seem like they all look homogenous, but the truth is they really don’t. Considering these are all cars in the same basic class, there’s a hell of a lot of differentiation going on.

If you’re actually confusing these cars visually while you’re out driving, I don’t want to be driving with you, at least not until you go back to the optometrist.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>SUVs have the shape of an SUV

https://i.imgur.com/tUMDUCc.jpg

>old cars look cool and have everything from carburated supercharged v8s to turborcharged electronically injected i4s
      >all modern cars are pigfat bloatboxes with identical gobernment mandated nannies, shitty tablets and tiny 4 cylinder engines.

>Sedans have the shape of a sedan
      Okay?

5. 2 months ago
    Greased Geese

its ok when they all look cool dumbass

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>ugh, cars all look like german sports cars now
      vs
      >ugh, cars all look like korean eggs now

/thread

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

can't improve perfection, moron

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>ugh, cars all look like german sports cars now
    vs
    >ugh, cars all look like korean eggs now

8. 2 months ago
    Supra80

>Porsche 924 S
    >2.5L four-cylinder
    >Mazda RX-7
    >1308cc twin-rotor
    >Mitsubishi Starion 2000 Turbo
    >2.0L turbo four-cylinder

Might look the same way, but they weren't powered the same way. Something you can't say about any EV current or future.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>fastbacks exist
    If you think a 924 looks even a little bit like a Starion you need your eyes checked.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

people forget the 20’s and 80’s existed too when mentioning MUH-EgG shIT

this vid is a fun watch that talks about this subject of car look alikes

?si=llZ133WWzksPYnDI

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>old cars look cool and have everything from carburated supercharged v8s to turborcharged electronically injected i4s
    >all modern cars are pigfat bloatboxes with identical gobernment mandated nannies, shitty tablets and tiny 4 cylinder engines.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Comparing sports cars to commuter cars
      Hey mind telling us what the average car purchased and on the road was like then?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

cheap compact commuters had so much more personality and potential than what's on the dealer lot today

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Completely pointless faux convertible top
          I guess it's got "personality" just like a 4/10 280lb woman does.
          Let me guess, it did 0-60 in 15 seconds while getting 18mpg?

• 2 months ago
            Greased Geese

>faux convertible top
            they're called vinyl tops and unfortunately that's just a styling cue of the time
            >muh mpgs
            dont care, I guess you could put a t5 in it and get ok mpgs
            >muh 0-60
            could potentially put a bad little 302 in it with a cam and stomp incel sports cars like the gt86 for like 2.5k or alternatively just enjoy the car as is because if I do nothing with it it's still better than driving a new camry or comparative bottom dollar shitbox

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

"I don't care about how much gas I use because daddy pays for it all"
            "These cars were good because you could turn them into something else!"

• 2 months ago
            Greased Geese

>"I don't care about how much gas I use because daddy pays for it all"
            projecting argumentative c**t maybe idk maybe drives a camry and is ass blasted
            >"These cars were good because you could turn them into something else!"
            just said even if you leave them alone they're better than new comparable late model cars but what makes them even more valuable is that a smallblock ford fits in it and all the things you can buy that fit in a smallblock ford.
            you can just fricking keep moving the goalpost, you aren't going to convince me or probably anyone else here that a fricking 2016 civic is cooler than a god damn pinto with 302 and a cam in it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

wait, so you're comparing what is essentially now a custom car that's had some thousands dumped in it to a bargain bin commuter car?
            no wonder the other guy argued with you lol

• 2 months ago
            Greased Geese

you fricking dont read Black person
            I said 3 times that stock to stock the mustang2/pinto is a better car but that a fricking camry has 0 potential for hotrodding.
            you cant fricking read

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No it looks like they had it right, you're not comparing them similarly at all

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>The commuter cars of the past had SOVL!!!!! They weren't disposable like modern goyslop on dealer lots!

Anon do you have any possible fricking idea how quickly cars used to go to the crusher? Survivors from that era survivorship bias pure and simple, because most of them either broke down or rusted away into nothingness a decade after they were built. Cars making it to 100k miles was seen as a massive achievement even into the 1990s.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Aside from the odd truck gay and a couple of 70s land-barge enthusiasts, this board is mostly populated with 30-something millennials whose idea of a "cool car" is something they saw on TV when they were growing up, so now they're here jerking off to "sporty" Japanese econoboxes from the 80s and the 90s and old BMWs.
            In another 30 years, if we don't all get annihilated in nuclear fire, there will be people on whatever passes for DA in the 2050s complaining that their self-driving hovercraft just doesn't have as much SOVL as a "classic" RAV4.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I like rav4s

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>THESE DAMN MILLENNIALS LIKING THEM ECONOBOXES THEY GREW UP WITH INSTEAD OF LIKING THE ECONOBOXES I GREW UP WITH

• 2 months ago
            Greased Geese

scrapping pre 2000s cars are a mistake, I can't help that most moron cattle can't understand that.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>>all modern cars are pigfat bloatboxes with identical gobernment mandated nannies, shitty tablets and tiny 4 cylinder engines.
      the older falcons where cool one button turned it all off or just pull abs/tcs fuse

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

4jew

13. 2 months ago
    944 appreciator

the RX-7 has a better hatch design, EVERY 944 eventually has a delamination problem with the rear glass. Water damage for sure if it's not addressed. And the community still doesn't agree on a good fix for it

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

But those look cool. Modern cars look like carved soap and it's fricking disgusting.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They look like colored cheese wedges made with a chisel

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Those cars aren't new

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>old cars all look goo

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *