Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

>Shut up and buy the 4runner you peasents

2. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

Lexus GX starts from $62k, Toyota must be going downright moronic. I expected this to be a $20-30k econo SUV, it's a piece of shit.

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

The 2003-2009 GXs were going for 50s new. One must assume given inflation that these won’t be as quality as the 460 & 470 given the price point.

Plus no blapper V8 which is just sad bro

3. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

That's a lot of money for a prado

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

shit is also so ugly and ofc not even real land cruiser

it's not even prado but some fake shit that will israelite shekels out of burgers with landcruiser name.

4. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

>front end is entirely plastic
    >not even painted plastic

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

is that a picture of daniel elena back when he wasn't so fat?

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

Unpainted plastic > painted plastic
      It's all about the (you) in ass you vee.

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

ELEMENTIZATION. ALL CARS EVOLVE TO HONDA ELEMENT

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

please bring it back

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

the element was too pure for this world to exist

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

the thing blew through trannies and head gaskets like nobody's business, there's a reason it fricked off

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

>It was good enough for a $16k base model economy SUV sold to young adults based on cheapness,surely it should work for a $56k machine sold to yuppies based on "luxury"

5. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

nice, only a 100k+ starting price in binland:DDDDDDDDDDD

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

Even the new(ish) Defender is 80k as a van, I despise this place when it comes to taxing motor vehicles.

6. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

How do they justify 15k over a base 4 door bronco? 20k over a wrangler. Can't wait to see this thing sell under 10k units a year

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

It's from reliable brand and is a hybrid. It gets the good empeegees the environment craves.

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

>reliable brand
        Lol
        >good empeegees
        >23 mpg
        >Good
        Tacomas are also notorious for garbage mpgs

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

That woman cube car comes in a hybrid. That's the one that will be top trim. Hybrids like the maverick might be on base models for economical reasons but on toyota yuppie barges it's there for virtue signaling.

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

>initial
          Oh it's nothing

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

Complaints about the mileage are why they have these shitty turbo engines now.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Basically this, poor people that could never afford a decent vehicle complain about fuel economy and the rest of us get fricked over

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

oh

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

>dodge
          >ram
          >alfa romeo
          based frenchmen dabbing on everyone else

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

>JD Power
          Isn't that the one owned by Chrysler?

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

That is what the 4runner and rav4 are for. The land cruiser is a rich-gay statement price that will sell out and will be made in low volume

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

It’s going to fail. Toyota North America has no idea who the hell buys their non-sedan/crossover vehicles, and is making the exact same mistake with this Cruiser that they made with the last cruiser. Too expensive, too weak, too fancy. Can’t wait to see them shit up the 4runner.

They did the same thing with the Tundra, which went from “3/4 ton at 1/2 ton prices” and is now an enlarged Tacoma.

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

It's not going to 'fail' as it will be a low production vehicle like the GR Corolla is. Toyota has the 4runner to make up the sales

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

They said that for the last cruiser model and it still was an issue. It’s pure cash grab, due to the status of earlier Land Cruisers. After the first year sales will fall when people realize it’s smaller, it’s actually a Prado, and they learn that Toyota sells the real full sized cruiser in other markets.

They won’t make up the volume on 4Runners because they’re about to crash that model with the next gen release, bet on it.

The correct solution was simply bringing the J300 over and killing the Sequoia, which they also ruined with their latest release, so that’d be a mercy killing at least.

You guys need to get it, Toyota North America is and has been a moronic mess since the debacle of the Tundra launch, every vehicle they design or repackage specifically for the NA market has been a disaster. They killed the Avalon and replaced it with the worst model of the Crown. The Sequoia is garbage. The new Tacoma is expensive and weird, the new Tundra is a joke vs even Ford ecoshart stuff. all the money comes from selling high interest rate financing to buyers who are star crossed about getting a toyota

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Toyota USA is a mess because they don't have to try due to corolla/camry selling when times are bad and taco/4runner/rav4 selling when times are good. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they just snort lines of coke and randomly pick vehicles that need to be sold

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

The key thing is disentangling Toyota Global from ‘Toyota Global North America’.

TGNA’s stuff like the:
            - Tundra, which I think has volume primarily due to being cheaper than competing domestics
            - Tacoma, meme truck and absurdly overpriced IMO. This will keep being a cash cow because it’s a thin blue line sticker vehicle for guys too cowardly to buy a fricking Ram 1500, and too dumb to realize the rear bench is actually useless for baby seats or adults.
            - Sequoia. Look what they did to my son, it’s a joke vehicle now. How about a Suburban sized vehicle with poor power, economy and space. And no ground clearance?
            - Crown. Yes, global car, but they brought the insane X6 styled version over even though the only Crown Americans know is the luxobarge. There’s so much I hate about this car, and what it represents, it’s got maybe another year or two. It’s February and I still see 2023’s on lots that have been there since August last year.
            - 4Runner. They are about to frick this vehicle to death.

Then there’s whatever the hell Lexus is doing (good luck deciphering the branding) and the new GX 460 is going to do worse than expected because Hyundai made an aesthetic copycat that most people will grab.

The memes are strong though, so people will keep sitting in shoddily made, less practical cars while going “it’s a ToYOtA” as if that’s a magic invocation that banishes issues like premature turbo failure, useless hybrid systems and more.

We’re definitely entering a malaise era, and I think Toyota is going to be the standard bearer, just like GM was in the 80s because the company has boomer brain leadership.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Tundra is absurdly overpriced alongside the sequoia. The singlular correct move Toyota has made over the past couple years is bringing back the solid rear axle in the Sequioa but then they fricked it over by forcing an undersized hybrid only drivetrain with an $86k price tag.

GM fricked over their fullsizers but at least didn’t go that moronic with engine and pricing.

I still don’t understand the Crown? Wtf is it a slightly lifted Corolla?

4Runner is dead after this generation, it’s not even worth following news reports we all know Toyota is essentially killing it with mediocrity and turbos.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>4runner is dead
            Lol. Lmao. It will be a turbo hybrid 4 and will sell like hotcakes

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Nah, I thought that too, but I don’t think the spending power is there. The 4Runner got hot during the Trump era when credit was still free and incomes were rising. We’re in the down cycle now, and everyone buying one of these at 55k is going to have to ask themselves “is this the best use for my money.” Especially since I think the 4runner is locked to the millenial demographic, which means it’s now competing against highlanders/pilots for a role as a family car.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

I agree with this, largely. Here's my addition from an Aussie

Toyota was the only car maker that said frick you to the ESG EV israelites. They said "we're good with our hybrids and hydrogen" and didn't waste precious resources on EV development and marketing

Their rav4 is near perfect. Unfortunately due to demand and inflation it's becoming a borderline premium car (isn't everything now?)

They sell a land cruiser 70 series which is unapologetically robust and no frills. Once again though, not cheap

Their camry looks sexy this generation and is perpetually sold out

They are introducing some palatable eggshit that sells well

Their corolla and yaris gr absolutely rips and is soulful, relatively speaking. 86 is still being made, albeit long in the tooth

Unfortunately their hilux is getting worse every generation

So, overall - some of the best designed vehicles and good value. However, this is more of a reflection of how shit and expensive everyone else is

I need an SUV for a family car, and I cannot go past the rav4 hybrid

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>Their rav4 is near perfect
            Lol

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Look up the prime/edge - a very attractive, boxy SUV

I'm very happy with the boxy designs coming back en vogue, like the bronco and the land cruiser

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

I like older boxy cars, but I don't think you can call modern designs like that boxy. Fat and bloated with a lot of unnecessary edges and other features that try to hide that is what comes to mind.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

What does an SUV have to do with a RAV4? You state you need an SUV an mention an entirely different segment

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Why do people shit on turbos? A turbo I4 makes the same power as a v8

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

NTA, but it sounds like shit, has turbo lag, gets heat soaked and heats up everything around, gets other turbo-related issues and makes everything more complicated in general, is almost as thirsty for gas as a V8, but tends to eat oil too (mine doesn't which surprises me). I own 5.3 liter n/a V8 and 2.0 liter I4 turbo and prefer the former.
            Adding to that, your comparison is shitty because you can add forced induction (a turbo or a supercharger) to a V8 and get even more power if that's what you're after.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

And a turbo V8 makes the same power as a V16, that’s a weak argument.

Driving small engines with narrow, peaky torque curves suck ass, even a weak V8 like the outgoing 4.6L feels powerful throughout the entire rev range and is a joy to drive. Something like the 2.7 ecoboost is painful to drive, waiting for power only for it to finally arrive and no longer be needed.

Turbos are also an additional failure point and even Toyota turbo engines have been pretty dogshit in the reliability department, you would think after 6 decades of turbo engines manufacturers would have figured out the reliability aspect, that or either consumers would wise up.

I drive a lot of rentals for work and I can confidently say I will never own a turbo vehicle, I can’t stand the shit power delivery every single one of them offer.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm not sure what kinds of turbo engines you've actually been driving, but most of the modern ones make peak power and torque way lower than N/A engines do, like comparing the Ranger turbo 4 and the Tacoma V6 on the dyno the Ranger has a much flatter curve and makes peak power around 2500rpm lower.

Reliability also isn't what people think it is, a good example is that the Tacoma's V6 actually has a significantly higher failure rate than the Ranger's turbo 4. Turbo V6s like the Ford 2.7 you mentioned seem to have a lot more trouble, and I kind of wonder if maybe it's that they've got decades of experience with very similar, and very proven, international market turbodiesel 4s to lean on but were flying blind with the first generation or two of V-configuration motors.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>A turbo I4 makes the same power as a v8
            >proceeds to compare turbo I4s with n/a V6
            What's next, comparisons between turbo I4s and n/a I4s?

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Not the same anon you were talking to before that, and I meant to say that V8s are a different story but forgot, I was just comparing turbo 4s to the N/A V6s they realistically compete with and are replacing. IMO V8s are special and nothing can truly replace them because there's more to the appeal than just power and torque numbers, but I hate V6s and am more than happy to have a turbo 4 instead.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

I hate V6s too, but paying V6 or today V8 prices to still be stuck in a 4 cylinder is horrendous.
            I don’t like using Stellantis as an example but I had both a V6 Gladiator and a turbo 4 Wrangler back to back and the different was startling. Both times I drove about 300 miles highway and 500 miles backroads 35-55mph.

The 4 cylinder was lethargic, the power curve was brief and peaky, the ECU tried to keep the engine in that narrow range by delaying shifts but it just wasn’t happening, taking off from a rolling stop was slow, flooring the pedal was a suggestion to get moving and the peak of the power would never arrive until I had reached my intended speed.

The Rentastar, which I typically abhor, had sufficient power throughout the entire rev range, was smooth and linear in delivery, and always seemed to pull immediately upon request. If it were my vehicle I would still choose the V8 but the 4 cylinder was just miserable.

What really boggled my mind however was the different in fuel economy. The V6 averaged 23MPG in the Gladiator while the 4 cylinder averaged about 20.5mpg in the smaller Wrangler. What the hell is the point in the 4 cylinder if not MPG?

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

They're to benefit the manufacturer's bottom line and deliver mpg in a lab, not the real world. Same reason everything is getting 8 and 10 speed slush boxes while proper three pedals are disappearing.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

The only benefit to manufacturers is the increased parts sales and dealer labor profits. But that’a only helpful if the warranty repair bills stay low, which they don’t appear to be in my experience.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

chrysler only cares about mpg to the point they can legally sell the car.
            generally they aim for power and response above fuel efficiency but making those engines comply throughout the epa test cycle is tough without messing those two things up.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

I’ve driven just about every common turbo engine available today, they’re all dogshit on delivery, and the power is never available at the RPMs that it matters. Right on throttle it feels weak, hold it down for a while and the power comes on with a mild thrust and is quickly extinguished. If you keep the vehicle in that narrow boost range you have sufficient power but then the vehicle is lethargic and jumpy the whole time.

The Rangers turbo 4 suffers coking issues and is just as bad as all other undersized turbos in power delivery. I find that people that defend turbo engines aren’t used to modern, normal sized engines. It’s impossible to go from a normal sized engine to a small turbo and not get frustrated and annoyed at the shit driving characteristics.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

I hate V6s too, but paying V6 or today V8 prices to still be stuck in a 4 cylinder is horrendous.
            I don’t like using Stellantis as an example but I had both a V6 Gladiator and a turbo 4 Wrangler back to back and the different was startling. Both times I drove about 300 miles highway and 500 miles backroads 35-55mph.

The 4 cylinder was lethargic, the power curve was brief and peaky, the ECU tried to keep the engine in that narrow range by delaying shifts but it just wasn’t happening, taking off from a rolling stop was slow, flooring the pedal was a suggestion to get moving and the peak of the power would never arrive until I had reached my intended speed.

The Rentastar, which I typically abhor, had sufficient power throughout the entire rev range, was smooth and linear in delivery, and always seemed to pull immediately upon request. If it were my vehicle I would still choose the V8 but the 4 cylinder was just miserable.

What really boggled my mind however was the different in fuel economy. The V6 averaged 23MPG in the Gladiator while the 4 cylinder averaged about 20.5mpg in the smaller Wrangler. What the hell is the point in the 4 cylinder if not MPG?

I've got a pretty wide range of experience and personally I've found the DI turbos I've driven very comparable to diesels. I'm not going to claim that they're as fun to rip around in as an N/A equivalent but I also think they're very fit for purpose when it comes to a truck application. I find that the MPG difference really comes when towing or hauling heavy as well, I think in large part due to holding much lower RPMs up hills and maintaining power at altitude, obviously that'll depend on the terrain you're using it in though. (We had both V8 and turbo V6 F150 Raptors at my old work, towing a decently big car hauler, and the V6 was much better on gas while doing it, and then I did a long tow with a Ranger and a ~5k lb enclosed cargo trailer last year and was shocked to get almost 18mpg when it only gets 23 empty.) The whole situation is obviously flipped for a normal car, or a truck that's just gonna be run empty as a DD though (with an exception for high altitudes), obviously the N/A engines are more fun, though IMO that's least true when comparing to V6s - I6s and V8s blow the 4s away in driving experience though.

Also, on the coking subject, it's pretty overblown and really just circulated because people are looking for SOMETHING concrete to hate the 2.3 for. In reality nobody's ever documented a detrimental effect from it, at least as far as I can find, and it's otherwise probably the most reliable and best-performing drivetrain in the segment, especially compared to the shocking number of catastrophic failures on record for the Tacoma and Colorado V6s. (Pentastars are wienerroaches and the current Nissan V6 is too new to really cast judgement on.)

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

if Toyota treated their tacomas and 4runners like Suzuki does the DRZ400 & 650, they'll sell forever.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Like outdated trash?
            The tacoma was never good btw.
            And the 4runner stopped being good after 3rd gens

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

4Runner is the best offroader sold in America today. Sorry you are so easily persuaded by marketing, I bet basic propaganda has the same affect.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Being the best trash in a market of trash doesn't meant it isn't trash.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

While I don’t completely disagree with you here, the pendulum isn’t exactly swinging back our way, you either support the best or you watch it continue sliding away.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>outdated
            gtfo of DA you ecu-locked homosexual. Both are more durable than anything the US has ever made.

They can’t, the 4Runner was supposed to die in the mid 10s as its sales declined poorly. The highlander was the clear mid-size choice.

They got rescued because beardcuck vetcoffee bros suddenly got really into “overlanding” (glamping for people who are moronic) and sales rose enough to bail out the model. I predict the new one will fail because the beardvet types are too broke in this economic cycle unlike 2016 to buy a 60k SUV and are still paying off their 4Runners.

>60k
            oh ya for the 'best' model sure, but anyone who actually mods their vehicle rarely goes for the best model, since all the trash is coming off anyway.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

They can’t, the 4Runner was supposed to die in the mid 10s as its sales declined poorly. The highlander was the clear mid-size choice.

They got rescued because beardcuck vetcoffee bros suddenly got really into “overlanding” (glamping for people who are moronic) and sales rose enough to bail out the model. I predict the new one will fail because the beardvet types are too broke in this economic cycle unlike 2016 to buy a 60k SUV and are still paying off their 4Runners.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

4Runner is the last non-Lux fixed roof offroader on the market, it’s not hard to own the market when you’re a segment of one.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

The problem is that a Tahoe is an equally capable vehicle with greater power, more space and a hell of a lot easier to live with daily. It just doesn’t look aggressive and mean like the 4Runner, and it doesn’t invoke the beardvet’s hidden desire to return to the simplicity of their time in Afghanistan and/or Iraq.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

I’m a GM full-size fan but you’re insane if you think this current generation Tahoe is anything more than a minivan when it comes to capability.

The IRS ruins any off-road pretensions, it cannot be fixed. The gears are welded, the bumpers and crash structures are placed extremely low killing approach/departure, ground clearance is horrible, 99% come with 18”+ donk rims.

I would love for GM to produce a decent full-size but the current Gen Tahoe is a flaming pile of shit. That’s before we discuss the $20k price difference between the two.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Yes, but of the people buying 4Runners, how many are actually thinking on those terms? Most guys want a thing to bolt on roof racks and a tent to, and pretend they had an epic journey driving up the same dirt road as 100 other Subarus and RAV4’s.

It’s all purely to get ‘ooohs and awes’ from other dads when they pickup little Bradyn from daycare.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

I would say a good majority that are actually wanting to take trips to the mountains, beach, camping trails etc. Tahoe has its place but I wouldn’t leave a well graded road with it.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>That’s before we discuss the $20k price difference between the two.
            More like 25k, a TRD Offroad is about 45k while the Tahoe Z71 - the only model you'd even want to consider taking off road - is nearly 70.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>offroader
            No one offroads with 40k financed cars. You'll get your loan terminated if you fail to keep the vehicle in good working order offloading it. Any damage that occurs is not covered by insurance since it happened offroad. They are larp machines to drive to the office parking lot.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>No one offroads with 40k financed cars

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

Less than .01% of all 4runners have been taken off road.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

>No one offroads with 40k financed cars

You don’t actually believe that do you? I can take a ride out to the mountains or the beach and find more $60k+ vehicles bouncing off rocks on trails or driving through deep sand just in the first mile in than you can find in a country club parking lot.

• 4 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm not going hardcore rock crawling or anything, but I've taken my 40k truck places I wouldn't go in anything unibody. (And before somebody says it, yes, the trail was quite mild where I took that photo, it was much more challenging further up the mountain but this was where I could find a spot to stop and take a pic.)

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

100% right, Toyota is quickly losing sight of the consumers that flock to them and chasing the Hyundai/Kia crowd.

Last decent Toyota still on sale is the 4Runner and that has mere months before they frick it up.

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

Are you one of the morons that think the Tacoma is a 1/2ton?
        >“3/4 ton at 1/2 ton prices”
        What the frick are you smoking? Tundra was always a half-ton.

The key thing is disentangling Toyota Global from ‘Toyota Global North America’.

TGNA’s stuff like the:
        - Tundra, which I think has volume primarily due to being cheaper than competing domestics
        - Tacoma, meme truck and absurdly overpriced IMO. This will keep being a cash cow because it’s a thin blue line sticker vehicle for guys too cowardly to buy a fricking Ram 1500, and too dumb to realize the rear bench is actually useless for baby seats or adults.
        - Sequoia. Look what they did to my son, it’s a joke vehicle now. How about a Suburban sized vehicle with poor power, economy and space. And no ground clearance?
        - Crown. Yes, global car, but they brought the insane X6 styled version over even though the only Crown Americans know is the luxobarge. There’s so much I hate about this car, and what it represents, it’s got maybe another year or two. It’s February and I still see 2023’s on lots that have been there since August last year.
        - 4Runner. They are about to frick this vehicle to death.

Then there’s whatever the hell Lexus is doing (good luck deciphering the branding) and the new GX 460 is going to do worse than expected because Hyundai made an aesthetic copycat that most people will grab.

The memes are strong though, so people will keep sitting in shoddily made, less practical cars while going “it’s a ToYOtA” as if that’s a magic invocation that banishes issues like premature turbo failure, useless hybrid systems and more.

We’re definitely entering a malaise era, and I think Toyota is going to be the standard bearer, just like GM was in the 80s because the company has boomer brain leadership.

Dealers were drooling over the new Sequoia. Apparently previous gens made them a lot of money so they wanted more of that. Right at the doorstep of a recession too, so I'm sure they're still happy with that direction.

Crown is a unified platform nonsense, but naturally we get the worst one. In fact, I think they're discontinuing the Camry in Japan.

I agree with this, largely. Here's my addition from an Aussie

Toyota was the only car maker that said frick you to the ESG EV israelites. They said "we're good with our hybrids and hydrogen" and didn't waste precious resources on EV development and marketing

Their rav4 is near perfect. Unfortunately due to demand and inflation it's becoming a borderline premium car (isn't everything now?)

They sell a land cruiser 70 series which is unapologetically robust and no frills. Once again though, not cheap

Their camry looks sexy this generation and is perpetually sold out

They are introducing some palatable eggshit that sells well

Their corolla and yaris gr absolutely rips and is soulful, relatively speaking. 86 is still being made, albeit long in the tooth

Unfortunately their hilux is getting worse every generation

So, overall - some of the best designed vehicles and good value. However, this is more of a reflection of how shit and expensive everyone else is

I need an SUV for a family car, and I cannot go past the rav4 hybrid

You misunderstand. Toyota USA is basically its own thing. They have coordinators from Japan but all the research and real development is done in Japan. You guys basically get stuff directly from Japan. It's why the US division has slowly turned into a weird shit-show where they seem to care about letting their dealers do whatever and then following a market research firm's suggestion to copy everyone else on the market.

What does an SUV have to do with a RAV4? You state you need an SUV an mention an entirely different segment

Foreigners (and the general public really) can't differentiate between crossovers and bof SUVs

https://i.imgur.com/7BB8YWq.jpg

Tundra is absurdly overpriced alongside the sequoia. The singlular correct move Toyota has made over the past couple years is bringing back the solid rear axle in the Sequioa but then they fricked it over by forcing an undersized hybrid only drivetrain with an $86k price tag.

GM fricked over their fullsizers but at least didn’t go that moronic with engine and pricing.

I still don’t understand the Crown? Wtf is it a slightly lifted Corolla?

4Runner is dead after this generation, it’s not even worth following news reports we all know Toyota is essentially killing it with mediocrity and turbos.

Apparently the 2024/2025 1500 tradesmen start at 42k or something absurd now. Might even still be the v6 instead of the new TTinline6

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

It’s going to fail. Toyota North America has no idea who the hell buys their non-sedan/crossover vehicles, and is making the exact same mistake with this Cruiser that they made with the last cruiser. Too expensive, too weak, too fancy. Can’t wait to see them shit up the 4runner.

They did the same thing with the Tundra, which went from “3/4 ton at 1/2 ton prices” and is now an enlarged Tacoma.

the funny thing is the 2024 refresh models from toyota will literally be the most successful cars they've ever made. analysts will be questioning how, they are charging premium prices AND overselling their competitors. people like you will be left dumbfounded for years

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

I don’t think there’s anything to question; that’s what this entire thread’s point is. People are going to buy Land Cruisers to drive on roads that you can clear with a Subaru Crosstrek.

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

exactly. toyota is going to make so many of these land cruisers that you will see two in every parkihg lot across the USA within 5 years.

the only way you can call it a failure is if you believe it will fail mechanically. and we'll have to wait and see how the turbo performs 10 years down the line. But I believe it will be reliable, toyota knows how valuable the land cruiser brand is and they won't want to frick it like Lenovo did with the thinkpad.

7. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

>4 cylinder only

Toyota has discovered they can sell vehicles to yuppies that buy solely on branding only.

8. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

>Toyota wants $70,000+tip for a turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV

9. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

Does this mean the next gen 4Runner will be a 28k barr bones offroader like the FJ 2007-2014? Would be sick

10. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

Youndon't need it. You don't go offroad. Dirt road is not offroad

11. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

>soiota
    Take note everyone, ever wonder why everyone drives crew cab trucks now? A crew cab Taco is like $33k, a 4runner is $39k base
    Silverado crew is $43k, a Tahoe is $56k
    god I fricking hate manufacturers

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, that was a big part of why I bought my midsize crew cab, also that there just aren't a lot of good options for SUVs in the US these days anyway - 4Runner is dated and uncomfortable, Jeep and Bronco are compromised as frick for the removable tops and doors that I'll never use, and the rest are huge expensive luxobarges.

12. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

>4runner
    >rav4
    >tacoma
    >land cruiser
    why can't they just stop this bullshit and bring the hilux to the US once and for all?

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

Because no one would really buy it, it’s exactly like the Tacoma but harsher suspension and even shittier engines.

13. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

burgers please gimmie a good zip code so i can play with the configurator

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

Don't thank me

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

14. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

I thought covid was over

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

Dealers are absolute fricking scum of the earth.
      Does any other fricking Retailer take such license??

NO.

15. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

>>57k
    What the literal frick.
    It looks like a Ford Explorer + Jeep Cherokee cross too, absolutely ZERO (toyota) heritage styling.

GOOSE EGG for this one.

16. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

Can they just make a v8 SFA 4runner for fricks sake? How many soccer mom wagons do we need?

17. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

I’m kinda interested in either this or the GX 550. It’s either those or a Pilot or Palisade which are just a little lame for me.
    Probably the GX because I want a 7 passenger. Hope they’re not being made in Mexico otherwise I’ll have to keep shopping.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *