"new" technology in cars

Holy shit guys I just bought my first car that is equipped by default with a backup camera and it's changing my life. Previous car was a 2005 and all this new tech crammed inside this $30k sticker 2023 car is blowing my mind.
>lane keep assist (this is actually annoying)
>blind spot warning
>front and rear camera for parking
>"eagle view" top down composite view for parking
>adaptive cruise control
>bluetooth everything
>a real infotainment system with touchscreen controls
>wireless phone charging
What new technology do you like to have in your cars these days?

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Keyless operation is a game changer

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I have this and my dumbass keeps leaving my keys in the car because I just push the on/off button and forget to pick up my keys. I need to start keeping the keys in my pocket all the time.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

yeah

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

my chally detects this and refuses to lock if the keys are in the car
        however it doesn't work if the keyfob's battery is weak.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

And if it's like my mustang then it will absolutely let you lock the keys in the trunk

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>chally
          oh my

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

The plaque on this girls teeth grosses me out every time I see it

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

My wifes buick i can lock/unlock and start the car with the app on my phone. Its nice because she misplaces the keys regularly.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

every car ive ever had has been keyless, my first was a prius in 2010 and it had it

i was extremely confused when i had to drive my gf's car and it doesnt have it.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Worst I've done is leave my credit card in the EV charging station multiple times while charging. I'll be in the store getting lunch and remember my fricking card has been hanging out of the card reader outside for 20 minutes. No one has taken it yet because I live in a high trust society :^)

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

cruise control
    Do people like this? My only experience was that right as I was about to change lanes to go around somebody the car would start slowing down, and then as soon as I got into the other lane it would drop gears and accelerate like crazy to get back up to speed. Even at the shortest distance setting. In traffic, it would constantly slow down because it left such a large gap that people would keep slotting in, sometimes even activating the auto-brake. Compared to that, driving with normal cruise control is much smoother and easier and more predictable.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Depends on what your adaptive cruise control is like. Mine does the "quickly decelerate and then quickly accelerate" thing but doesn't leave a giant gap between cars. this is still easier for me than having to constantly adjust my cruise control speed and if something fricky happens the car immediately changes speed which is really nice on long car trips so you don't have to always monitor the speed so much.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This is why automatic transmission and cruise needs to be illegal. Too easy for idiots like you to quit paying attention

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Maybe you just suck at driving

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I’ve had the same experience with it. I was really excited for it, but it was a massive disappointment, standard cruise control is more convenient.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I actually like the backup cameras, but a lot of that other shit is not necessary at all and should be made options on a different trim level IMO. If you just want a basic vehicle then there’s no reason to cram thousands of dollars worth of tech shit that just ups the price. Personally I’d also rather a physical key be a component of the fobs, like you can move it in or out like a safety blade. Thats just me being paranoid over battery life and the potential down the line for no more batteries being available though.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What brands make keyless fobs that don't have a mechanical backup key latched into it? I have yet to see one.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>lanekeep is annoying
    You are an honorary heterosexual.
    >blind spot warning
    Blind spots don't -exist- in competently designed vehicles with properly adjusted mirrors, with the obvious exception of things like box trucks and large vans where the necessary geometry of their very function blocks certain (but not all) sight lines; for example a box truck has a blind spot directly behind it because you can't see over/through the walls of the cargo box, but with properly adjusted mirrors it does not have blind spots along its -sides- which is what blind spot monitoring actually senses. In the case of all non-commercial passenger vehicles this is a case of creating a problem to sell a solution.
    >parking cams
    >bird's eye composite view
    Rear cams are a nice cheat for trailer hookup, otherwise these are only a benefit for incompetently designed vehicles (shit visibility) with incompetent drivers (no spatial reasoning/awareness) mandated by fear mongering that caters to the lowest IQ that still allegedly qualifies as sentient (the kind of moronic parent that runs over their own children. seriously).
    >adaptive cruise
    Cruise does not need to alter speed, that's why it's called cruising. If the speed needs to adjust then conditions are not suitable to use cruise in the first place and this is a glaring safety concern and another example of incompetent design coupled with incompetent user.
    >bluetooth everything
    Harmless but not a selling point in my opinion when there's no inconvenience from running a single sub three foot cable and not needing to deal with pairing, connectivity issues, not properly disconnecting, etc.
    >infotainment
    Reasonably sized (and responsive, crucially) gps unit with touch is useful. Giant infotainment screen with touch controls and nested menus for everything from radio to hvac to fricking seat adjustment is moronic and so are you.
    >wireless phone charging
    Harmless but just like bluetooth not a selling point.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Cruise does not need to alter speed
      completely disagree there. the entire point of cruising is to make life easier for the driver. having to manually change your speed frequently is not ideal. adaptive CC makes so much sense. it's actually impossible for you to argue against this even ironically.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>impossible to argue against this even ironically
        Correct; argument is for when there are conflicting viewpoints or a subjective matter up for debate. I cannot argue against your wrong opinion because my position is that of fact and need not be argued, only stated, which I have. I'll remind you:
        >manually changing your speed frequently
        Conditions unsuitable for use of cruise control, and use of cruise control, even (especially) adaptive does not retroactively change these conditions for which it is objectively, factually unsuitable. Stop being a shit driver, your gaybook shitpost can wait.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

having the car automatically change between 75 +/- 5 miles per hour is the system working as intended and expected. you really want to take off cruise control if the car in front of you slows down even 1 mph? i don't think so.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>car in front of you causing you to alter speed
            Conditions unsuitable for cruise. Pass the c**t and resume cruise, or fall back and set a lower cruise at a much farther distance. This isn't nearly as complex as you seem to think it is.

Bluetooth is harmful tho. Its an easy way in for hackers/ thieves.

Overly integrated iCrap infotainment is already on my chopping block. If it allows control over or even access to anything more involved than your media playback it is objectively harmful, yes. There is no justifiable reason crApple Carplay or Android Auto should interact in any way with your windows, locks+latches, or ignition. Ever.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

The antithesis of CC
            Tailgate max drivers in the passing lane.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>having to manually change your speed frequently is not ideal. adaptive CC makes so much sense.
        If adaptive cruise is changing your speed a lot then there's too much traffic to safely use cruise control.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Adaptive CC is pretty cool cause especially when paired with lane centering it functions as an autopilot. I can set cc to 90 MPH and it will automatically sit 3 meters behind slowgays as needed they could be going 54 Mph. Allows me to enjoy some dinner and even shitpoast here a little bit. Plus its fun to watch people nervously checking their rearview looking nervous.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Adaptive CC is pretty cool cause especially when paired with lane centering it functions as an autopilot.
            this. i often need 2 hands to open ketchup packets so adaptive cruise control is perfect for this.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>it will automatically sit 3 meters behind slowgays
            Ithat sounds really fricking shitty. I would rather pass them.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ill drive manually when im done with dinner.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ok fatty

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bluetooth is harmful tho. Its an easy way in for hackers/ thieves.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's all fun and games until it's a little bit foggy and you want to use the cruise control for your 3 hour drive.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

(cont.)
    >okay then frickface what DO you like
    I like fuel injection.
    I like cruise control.
    I like disc brakes. I like antilock brakes on cars but not on bikes.
    I like power locks, power windows, and power side mirror adjustment, but don't consider any of them "necessary."
    I like air conditioning. No I could not possibly give less of a flying frick whether the exact temperature is 70F or 71F, it's either hot out and set to full blue, bitter cold out and it's set in the middle, or I have whiny b***h hungry skeleton (or woman) icicle passenger(s) and its set to full red.
    I like being able to save radio station presets with a physical button for each, and another button to swap to another row of presets... even if radio is steadily becoming too much commercial and not enough radio to be arsed listening to it anyway.
    I like MANUAL seat adjustment because powered seats are too fricking slow and it's not like you're going to be dicking around with them constantly anyway to justify the "convenience."
    >okay but like none of these are "new"
    I knew you'd figure it out eventually, well done.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ABS is fricking great on bikes other than how much it makes brake bleeding suck, what are you on about?

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

At least in cars with a proper scanner ABS bleed isn't so bad. Need to watch a video on bleeding a bike I guess.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>whiny b***h hungry skeleton
      i am a hungry skeleton and i resent your accusation of temperature-bitching. i ride with no AC and no heater 24/7/365.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A lot of older cars also have this stuff, it just depends on the make and model.

>lane keep assist (this is actually annoying)
    Don't have it, very glad. Other cars would try and sway me into exists or just freakout if the roadlines were kind of shitty (worst case was when some roadworks made multiple lanes)
    >blind spot warning
    Also don't have it. I've had cars that did and I would never trust it, I preferred to just look.
    >front and rear camera for parking
    Never used it, I prefer the radar setting.
    >"eagle view" top down composite view for parking
    This can actually be pretty useful tbh.
    >adaptive cruise control
    I'm indifferent about it.
    >bluetooth everything
    Unironically very nice for music streaming.
    >a real infotainment system with touchscreen controls
    I prefer a mixture of physical and some touch stuff.
    >wireless phone charging
    I really really hate it. It makes every phone I've ever had get super hot.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

non magnetic body would be really cool and all

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

hi tech environmental design and waste management

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That mumbo jumbo answers nothing.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Annoying/don't care for:
    >>lane keep assist (this is actually annoying)
    spot warning
    cruise control - i drive a manual anyway so this can't even work
    Really useful:
    and rear camera for parking
    >>"eagle view" top down composite view for parking
    everything
    Good only if done correctly:
    >>a real infotainment system with touchscreen controls

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Oh and wireless phone charging, don't really care for, at least in the ones I've owned, it doesn't charge fast enough. would rather just plug into outlet.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My Audi A5 had auto-dimming mirrors that would become black whenever a car shined its bright headlights behind me at night. They were like those glasses that magically turn into sunglasses when you go outside. That was the coolest tech feature that car had. Also, it had automatic wipers that would detect water and wipe themselves always at the correct speed. I liked those except when I went to the automatic car wash, and as soon as the car got wet, the wipers kamikazed themselves into the giant roller before I had time to react.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Newer cars are something else. You may not "need" all the extra stuff but it seriously makes your life easier or your ride more enjoyable.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Its literally easier to drive a 90s shitbox.
      Its literally less stressful to maintain a 90s shitbox than to try to get dealerships to fix new car warranty issues or do maintenance.
      And of course its nice not wasting $500+ per month per car just to worry about stuff all of the time.

Its too bad I cant buy a new 90s style shitbox

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>back up 2016 truck with tailgate down
    >autistic screeching comenses
    >saw its shadow and thought it was an object or something
    I HATE THE ANTICHRIST I HATE THE ANTICHRIST I HATE THE ANTICHRIST

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I hate touchscreens in cars.
    Most of the other stuff is nice but I hate fricking around with 0 haptic feedback for no practical gain, espcially since it also tends to be slower. Gimme frickng dials and switches back.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Or at least make it display useful diagnostics

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I thought I'd just turn off rev matching and forget about it, but it's actually pretty fun to be able to brake hard without heel-and-toe. kinda like going from a bolt action to a straight pull

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

What does N Mode represent?

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

sets the user-adjustable settings like engine response, steering weight, exhaust valve and stability control to full send

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I'm not trying to say your opinion is wrong, but personally, I've never once thought to turn on auto rev matching. Not every when I'm tired or bored or hungry or whatever, did I ever think I shouldn't rev match downshift myself.
      50% on some principled belief that I should do it all myself, but 50% I'm not really used to it, so I end up reving it myself anyway, and I'm not too comfortable with braking and downshifting at the same time, even though auto rev match enables it.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

I was the same and heel-toe'd my previous shitbox constantly. but with the new car it's so easy to brake late and maintain trailbrake hard into corners. downshifting one, two or even three gears perfectly smooth while being able to concentrate on the braking and steering itself really changed my mind on the whole auto rev matching

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have an airbag light that blinks Morse code to communicate problems.

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

None of that appeals to me at all, I have a pair of balls in my pants. Notice how all modern techies are complete onions boys.
    >I can't believe I got all this for 30k!

18. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Backup camera in my f150 is pretty Nice. I don’t really use much else. It’s not super high equipped, I wanted the smaller screen.

19. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Adaptive cruise control is pretty nice for roadtrips.

20. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

The only driver assist I like is powered windows

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *