>NEW TRUCKS ARE TOO BIG!!

>NEW TRUCKS ARE TOO BIG!!

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

nice fleet spec silverado 1500 single cab that literally no one actually buys except for commercial customers.
    if you want one of those it's actually more of a hassle to get one because they're for special order only. dealers only keep the brodozers on the lot.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>1985 C20 crew cab curb weight:6,200 pounds
      >2022 Chevy 2500 crew cab curb weight:6,105 pounds

Where do we go from here, liberal truckhating xisters??

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous
      • 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Doesn't sound correct, quick google shows 4300 for a 1985 k20

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That’s way off lmao. Sounds more like a c10.

When you roll onto a scale with a K20 4wd crew cab you’re in the mid 6,000 range. A 2wd single cab C10/20 is a different story and closer to the google numbers you hastily searched for

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That’s way off lmao. Sounds more like a c10.

When you roll onto a scale with a K20 4wd crew cab you’re in the mid 6,000 range. A 2wd single cab C10/20 is a different story and closer to the google numbers you hastily searched for

I'm over 4,700 in a fullsize Bronco.
          To hit 4,300 in a 3/4 ton you'd have to be running a standard cab 6 cyl 2wd (which exist of course).
          It doesn't take much to add those pounds.
          An extra cab isn't just seats and doors- it's carpet and door locks and headliner and glass and extra switches and wiring on the front panels to operate the glass and extra wiring to the ECU to light up the dash when a back door is ajar...
          It's like a boomer restoring an old car.
          >that trim piece is only $89!
          But the car needs 15 pieces....

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It's almost like there was lots of variations in these rigs in the 80s. My half ton short box is 4100 pounds, show me a fricking crew cab K20 that's 4300 pounds.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>made with new age light materials
        >somehow still the same weight

Small trucks got bloated but full sizes have been pretty much the same for decades.

Frick off shill. The proportions are all fricked up. Bloatmaxed to attract the npcs who like big things.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The fricked with the beltlines to allow easier entrance and I’m sure it helps aero, safety, and other things I don’t know as I’m not an engineer.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>made with new age light materials
          >somehow still the same weight
          Why do you think the average truck is as quiet as a luxury sedan? Why do you think they're the safest vehicles you can drive? That weight went into the trucks comfort and safety.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So you agree that they're bloated. Good, now that's settled.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Safety
            Why are you homosexuals always so concerned with surviving pileups? Have you ever considered just not crashing your $100K shitboxes into houses?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Prefer Chevy and GM
          >Own a Ford
          What do I do, DA?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Buy Japanese

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>C20
        >posts a K20

I get it, you're moronic, but cmon. My 87 2wd burb weighs 6300. My 85 K20 long bed weighs 5700, both are 8600GVW.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

average truck for daily commuting to the office

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Used to be one of these guys, but after dailying an 8gen Civic Si for 2 years (still a great car though) I WILL be torquemaxxing with my next purchase

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>5.5 vs 8ft bed

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>NOOOOOOOO MY ANTI-TRUGG NARRATIVE IS RUINED!!!

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Crew cabs were very rare back then. Nowadays every suburban dad has a crew cab, but back then a 'truck' was almost always one row of seats.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Lol

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

nice 2.7 bro

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It's a 4.3 🙂

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I've ordered two cars new. It's not a hassle, you just come in and tell them you want to order a car and unless it's something low production where it's difficult to get allocation you just sit down with the salesperson and order it. It's literally that easy. Elaborate on the hassle part.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

well they are, and thats a good thing. how am i gonna haul around my home while contributing nothing to society otherwise?

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Those were still too big. I want small 80s-90s Japanese trucks. Americans can't build a non-fatass vehicle to save their fatass lives.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

nobody cares about your opinion about trucks you can't afford weeblet

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Nobody cares about your big 130k trucks that joe schmoe working construction making 47k a year can't afford but mistakenly believes he can either, buddy

You might impress your other moron coworkers as you pull up to the jobsite and then proceed to not even use your truck for work, but everyone else is making fun of you

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

lol do you really think that the majority of full sizes on the road are 130k?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If they are new, yes. You pavement princesses aren't leaving without a fully loaded special edition truck.
            '

https://i.imgur.com/44ibzKs.png

>Nobody cares about your big 130k trucks that joe schmoe working construction making 47k a year can't afford but mistakenly believes he can either, buddy

>You might impress your other moron coworkers as you pull up to the jobsite and then proceed to not even use your truck for work, but everyone else is making fun of you

Epic basedjak, epic for the win

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you're beyond moronic and know frick-all about trucks then

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I’m sitting in a high 80s truck atm and it’s a mid tier lariat. 100+ is very reasonable now.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You got raped. I paid 15k less for a kitted out lariat F-250.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Eh I paid MSRP and that is as good as it’s gonna get

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I was shopping a few years back.
            King Ranch F250 4x4 dually extra cab long bed was $82k.
            F150 Platinum was $85k.

When you own the truck market (Ford) you can rip people off and they'll come back for more.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I honestly don’t really get all that mad at the pricing. An equivalent truck to one that I have now in the early 2000s would have been around 37-39k which comes out to about 70ish and I’m sure that the safety stuff drives it up some. Coupled with the fact the trucks are a lot better the 5-10k difference doesn’t feel like a huge fricking like some people make it out to be. Half tons are priced like luxury sedans and that is the best way to look at it.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>inflation has rapidly outpaced wages
            >but i dont get mad about it at all

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Oh I’m not happy about that but placing the whole blame of ford is not realistic

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>but everyone else is making fun of you
          I'm going to let you in on a little secret.
          The vast majority of people do not give a single frick about what you're driving.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Sir, this is America.
            Everyone judges you based on what you drive.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

New trucks aren't big enough

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>lowered nu truck with favorable angle and lighting
    brazilian tactics
    >2018 silverado reg cab 8 ft bed
    224.4" overall length
    >1980 c10 long bed
    212" overall length
    https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2018-Chevrolet-Silverado+1500-WT__4x4_Regular_Cab_8_ft._box_133_in._WB/specs/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_C/K_(third_generation)

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>lowered
      that's stock you fricking busrider

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Hmm, stock truck, but valance is barely 6 inches off the ground? I'm sure you've never seen 6 inches first hand, but that truck is on a 2/4 drop, it's cab height is even below the square.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Most likely a 2wd truck

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>eyyyy ese that might as well be stock chu know what i mean meng? we lige de truggs lowwwww n shiet hehe
          >ignores the inconvenient facts
          nice try israelite gay

it's hilarious to watch these poorgays trucklets talk about stuff they know nothing about kek

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>odd lob
            Also what the frick is going on with those tow hitch balls?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

uh oh nu truck sisters... we got too wienery... cherrypicked too hard...

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Post 1/2ton w150
            >Missing cargo light dead giveaway
            Post a 3/4ton versions of each trucks
            A w250 will sit higher and the new 3/4ton trucks sit stupid high

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>A w250 will sit higher and the new 3/4ton trucks sit stupid high
            95% of them are on 40+yo flat springs or shitty rancho leafs that are reversed arced from 3 months of use.

Put good springs on mine and it's comically high sitting. Looks like a highboy now tbh.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This, old 4x4s used to sit pretty high

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Those old Fords are beautiful.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>eyyyy ese that might as well be stock chu know what i mean meng? we lige de truggs lowwwww n shiet hehe
        >ignores the inconvenient facts
        nice try israelite gay

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Overall lengths are misleading.
      The 1980-1996 Bronco "overall length" changed over the years because of bumper and grill styles even though all those parts are interchangeable regardless of year.
      Frames, fenders, doors, quarter panels and shells all have the same dimensions.
      My Bronco for example has pic related.
      Other models have a step bumper that added about 5" to the official "over length"

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bloat is real.
    OP is a shill.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Small trucks got bloated but full sizes have been pretty much the same for decades.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

nice goalpost move
        got yourself out of that one

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I’m agreeing with the post I replied to? The less than good in length difference between a 30 year old truck vs a new one is nothing.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>same height

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I don’t understand how this is supposed to be a knock, the nu rangers are amazing looking trucks

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Go reread the OP, then have a nice day.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Cry about it chudlet

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

youre the reason why people are okay with buying vehicles that look like bars of soap. raising the belt lines and the hood makes them look atrocious. but hey, maybe you like fat chicks and this is normal for you.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Literally no one in the real world cares about that other than you chronically online homosexuals. Get over yourselves.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>nobody cares how the the first or second most expensive thing they own looks

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This is where the misunderstanding is.
            My table saw is worth more than most europoor's cars.
            They literally don't own anything of value.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Are the euros in the room right now?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

sadly, they haven't been rangebanned from the board

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No it's not. They made the sides of the bed taller which is actually helpful unless you're a manlet. There's maybe a few additional inches of headroom in the newer ones, which again you wouldn't care about if you were a manlet.

Holy shit are all the truck bloatposters just manlet weebs?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Can't tow shit with the one on the right

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's a foetal truck. They're pulled from the womb as a delicacy.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

My '95 is rated for 6,000 pounds.
        Some models are upto 7,500.
        That's enough for what I need to do.
        You don't buy a ranger if you run a coal mine.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

Cause you spend a lot of time in them. Hell have you seen farm equipment of the last 20 years? It’s all nice now.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

Have you been in a piece of modern farm equipment? Why do you think their interiors are also super comfy and luxurious just like a truck? Why the frick do you people think trucks are just pure work vehicles? The brainwashing you people receive is just brutal.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

But I do live on a farm, and yeah it’s nice even if you aren’t with a nice suspension, comfy seating, good reliable drivetrain, and pretty affordable at that. There are no real negatives to it as long as your aren’t trying to track/hit the heckin towgay it for some godawful reason

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

>Why does farm equipment need to be comfortable or safe to drive daily?
    Repeat that question to yourself as slow as you can.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>YOU HAVE TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE ON A TRUCK!

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

>LOL @ thinking trucks are luxurious
    More luxurious than anything Europe is currently shitting out.

>Who are we people?
    euros and eurostralians

>a faster, better looking, more comfortable car made to be a food driving car and not farm equpiment
    Nothing under $100k will compete with a truck but please regale us to this mythical car you speak of. Don't bother if it's an ethnic car which I know it probably is.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>nu 2wd vs old 4x4
    Still not quite there on giving us a proper fair comparison between old and new.
    At least they're the same cab and box spec, usually these images love to pit an old single cab against a modern crew cab. Truly breaking new ground here.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You are partly right, the beds got smaller.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They did? or are you just a redditor?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Nah they actually did, dummy. You know, in terms of models actually being sold, not your pretend example that literally makes up 1% of truck sales. If you went outside you would know this. Or are you just pretending to be moronic?

• 2 weeks ago
          Hotwing

You sound like a dumbass

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

and you are one

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I wonder what average means.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

something irrelevant because that's a moronic argument used by plebbitors

https://i.imgur.com/3S16re2.png

Nah they actually did, dummy. You know, in terms of models actually being sold, not your pretend example that literally makes up 1% of truck sales. If you went outside you would know this. Or are you just pretending to be moronic?

>truck beds are smaller!
          >no they aren't
          >BUT THEY SOLD A SHORT BED ONE!
          lol cope moron

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>most trucks used to have long beds
            >now most trucks have shorter beds
            >but beds haven't actually become shorter because I saw a single cab last month
            Ok, moron
            I guess Americans haven't become fatter either because your crackhead cousin only weighs 140 lbs

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>TRUCK BEDS ARE SHORTER!
            >no they aren't actually
            >BUT I ACTUALLY MEANT SALES!

truck beds are as long as they were in the 60's and 70's, had manufacturers dropped long beds from production altogether you would have an argument

facts don't care about your feelings

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Average truck used to have an 8' bed because people used them to haul stuff
            >Now the average is less than 6' which wasn't even an option int he 70s because people would have laughed at it
            >But beds haven't actually become shorter because you can still special order single cab long bed versions, no they won't put them on the lot and nobody actually buys them
            Ok moron.
            PROTIP: If your truck has four doors and a bed that's not even 6 ft, you are driving a lifestyle vehicle.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

one could make the argument that every vehicle is a "lifestyle vehicle" tbf

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

holy shit you are malding so much lmao

Trucks with long beds are still being produced and they aren't special orders, keep coping and malding at this fact

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They are special order because you certainly won't find them on any lot. Nobody wants them. The 1% of people who still buy long beds are mostly businesses.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You can order them on Ford's page you fricking busriding moron

that's not a "special order"

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That literally is a special order you moron. You have to order it, they don't stock them unless you order one special. That's what a special order is.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No it isn't you fricking busriding moron
            Pic rel is a special order, go be a fricking idiot somewhere else

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

My local dealer has 10 regular cab F-150s and 17 extended cabs either on the lot or in transit right now. Another, bigger dealer in the area doesn't have any regular cab F-150s but has almost 100 regular cab F-250s and F-350s.

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>average weight of american doubles since 80s
    >average weight of truck does not double
    Trucks are pretty light

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

weight of truck does not double
      But the size of the cabin did kek

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

more like it looks way too fricking gay.
    the one on the right looks way cooler.

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why don't the bustroons complain about the size of people's houses instead? All those rooms they don't use, the heating bill, etc.
    Anyways I'm going to live in my truck so if I could make it bigger I would. It's 6100 lbs but will be moar like 6800 lbs when I'm living in it. Inb4 fat jokes

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't get this argument. There have always been frick-huge trucks on the road. The problem is that there is nothing reasonably sized on the market anymore.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

yes there is?? What is "reasonably sized" to you? A smart car?

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Nobody cares about your big 130k trucks that joe schmoe working construction making 47k a year can't afford but mistakenly believes he can either, buddy

>You might impress your other moron coworkers as you pull up to the jobsite and then proceed to not even use your truck for work, but everyone else is making fun of you

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

when i was a subbie no one except the gc had a truck. there was no need as the gc brings all of the supplies and whatever his truck cannot carry is delivered by flatbed.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Workers don't buy new trucks unless they're moronic, they buy used. Only large contractors buy new otherwise it's richgays who buy them the first time which is to be encouraged.

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

FYI the new one is 2WD, so it's inches lower than the 4WD that most people will buy.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It has always been true that factory 2wd trucks usually sit lower than factory 4wd.

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>new trucks aren't any bigge- ACK

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That’s only in the body panels.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

wow it's almost like the body being bigger is the point, or something

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get a Mav

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

But sir, I want a truck.

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

On average yes

24. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

look:
    all this bullshit started when the EPA began enforcing smog standards by weight: the more a vehicle weighs, the less stringent the standards.

combine that with the change of customer wants: nobody really wants a 2 seater short bed pickup anymore. the biggest market are median incomes families making enough to afford a new vehicle. these people more often than not want enough room for two kids, their wife, and the family golden retriever named Buddy.

Don't want a minivan because will get made fun of. Don't want a SUV because soccer mom. Don't want a wagon because nobody sells them anymore. Don't want a sedan because too small. Don't want a hatchback because too small. Pickup? Four seats. Masculine. Very awesome. Modifiable with superficial shit. V8 noise. Can help buddy move a fridge once a year. Perfect.

now this guy has his brodozer, is in the little pickup fandom of either team ram chevy or ford, and can take his family wherever without looking like a dadgay while still getting shit done.

The EPA on the other hand ruined things with emissions. Bigger weight: less requirements. Plus safety bullshit. That's the reason why a 2024 Ranger weighs 4200lbs and a 2012 weighs 3300. That and safety. Why put more R&D into a smaller cheaper vehicle with smaller profit margins when you can do the opposite and convince people they want what they need?

My fricking uncle is a perfect example. 5 kids. Wife. Stable but not incredible financial situation. Toyota Highlander gets wrecked in accident. What does he buy? 2015 Ram 1500 on wides. WHY. Muh masculinity.

TLDR: EPA and safety already make them bigger and heaver, dudes want vehicle that can haul family while looking cool and still being able to haul a fridge/atv once a millenium.

plus the aforementioned purposeful difficulty of purchasing a barebones stock version of a truck in addition to shitty base engines that don't last.

25. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>what do you mean my dog has gotten bigger?
    >he isn't any taller

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *