Nissan Sentra

Anons... I just bought my first ever car! A humble, 2014, 90k miles, Sentra SR.What am I in for?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

is it cvt? if so you are fricked kek

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Yes but my mechanic fren check it out and say everything was fine... How much fricked am I realistically speaking?

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

SMALL ALTIMA ENERGY.

About as much as if you owned a decent french car. Do NOT frick around with maintainance, especially transmision fluid.

When i looked up sentra's for sale 2010-2020 i noticed that the miles are much lower than other cars of that age. Like almost all of them have under 100k miles, where as any other 10 year old car will be mostly 120+k miles on it. But not with the sentra. For some reason the leaf's are even lower miles. Like none of them have over 100k

Because they don't last to higher millages. Also, the leaf's battery life dies so you aren't going to see those with high millage.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>old cvt
        70k miles and transmission blows up, good luck anon you did this to yourself

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

i don’t mean to fear monger BUT if you ever want to replace the cvt after it blows up in the distant future, it costs considerably more than a regular automatic or manual trans. there was another anon here with an altima that had a CVT in it (the troony was already fricked) and the guy wanted to save it because of personal reasons but it was not the financially smart thing to do. once that CVT blows, just let it go. iirc it was worth about $5k-ish? when i checked the prices for one here in a local junkyard (in arizona). for that much money you could buy another beater. don’t get attached to this car since it’s not worth it in the long run. some cars are cool, this one is just an appliance. just keep all that in mind. Congratulations anon.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

oh and that’s $5k for just the transmission. i’ll assume you can’t wrench so..if you take it to a shop for the install it’ll cost MUCH more. It depends on the place but mechanics generally love to rip people off.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

You bought a meh car that has catastrophic transmission problems almost regularly and you're at the end of the life of the transmission, idk why u had to buy this car but you're telling everyone that you're a boost mobile customer on EBT and you're moronic

2. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Keep up with your maintenance because Nissans are not reliable. You may need to replace things like struts and suspension coils if they haven't been replaced already. Shit like windows might just break one day or somehow get off alignment. Their CVTs new bombs, many were recalled for blowing up. See if yours has been recalled and see if they'll install a water cooling system. If you ever notice issues with the transmission take it in to get looked at immediately. Preferably to a Nissan dealer because they might do a good faith repair even if the recall period has passed. I would be very iffy to buy one used or even new, but you can keep them running with good care.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

*Their CVTs are bombs

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>struts and suspension
      They were replaced by the previous owner some time ago

>see if they'll install a water cooling system
      How much will this cost me?

>What am I in for?
      Cheap insurance, lots of MPGs, and it's super reliable unless you're black or female. These are very racist cars.

Thanks Anon

How much money did you spend? What financing rate?

Cash not financed. It was 7.5k from a dealership

https://i.imgur.com/9KftRBi.jpg

Good job, OP.

Mean.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Realistically, the transmission is going to fail. Ive rented a few economy cars, and the sentra felt like the transmission was starting to fail before 20k miles. It didnt break down on my trip but it smelled like burning transmission fluid at times and the power transfer was wierd at times.

$7500 is kinda expensive for that car, for example you could have bought this absolutely based police Tahoe for that much money.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/tacoma-2014-chevrolet-tahoe-ppv/7714168580.html

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

I guess the high mileage drags it down, but I'm genuinely surprised that someone is selling something like this for that little in 2024.
          Maybe he tried getting a higher sale previously but failed.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

When i looked up sentra's for sale 2010-2020 i noticed that the miles are much lower than other cars of that age. Like almost all of them have under 100k miles, where as any other 10 year old car will be mostly 120+k miles on it. But not with the sentra. For some reason the leaf's are even lower miles. Like none of them have over 100k

• 3 months ago
          s10fag

Leafs are evs with a substandard battery that at the age range youre looking at have ~50 miles of usable range if they work at all.

https://i.imgur.com/SmAA5WL.jpg

Anons... I just bought my first ever car! A humble, 2014, 90k miles, Sentra SR.What am I in for?

The sentra has no fuel filter, injectors on mine started going at 50k. Its multi port so they were like $20 a pop and an hour of work. CVT will want its fluid changed every 30k. Replace the filter on the side with the o-ring too. Nissan or top brand cvt fluid only. Lucas is what i chose. Do not over fill. Iirc a 51356(or 57356) is an upgrade from the tiny oem size oil filter. 0w20 looked and felt ok after 5k, wouldnt go for longer intervals. Was an ok car that got 40-45mpg (2018 1.8)

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>sentra has no fuel filter

WTF. My Datsun from the 70s has two fuel filters but one is more of a mesh inside in fuel pump inlet. The other is an actual filter located in the engine bay.

I’m not seeing a fuel filter for that generation Sentra on Rockauto so clownworld is in full swing.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

They do the cooling system install for free if the recall is still valid for that model.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/SmAA5WL.jpg

Poverty because you got ripped off at $7500, and in case you can't tell, DA is a No Nissan Zone. I hate NISSANS. By the way, if you would have placed all of that in a high dividend stock and reinvested you'd have over twenty something thousand dollars. Instead you bought an overpriced depreciating car so it's just money down the drain. What was wrong with getting a cheap 2008 car for $1500 or $2000? Why did you have to go buy a 2014 Nissan? Why didn't you ask us for our opinion before you went and bought it? The most valuable thing from this purchase was you learned a great lesson that most people repeat with even greater losses of money. Apply the lesson it to everything else in life and you'll succeed beyond the total loss of the $7500.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Not OP but how much more can an old 10 year old car depreciate more for lol

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Being that the transmission is going to fail, it will be scrap value

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

I hate nissans too but show me a running driving car that doesnt need anything for $1500 or $2k (greater philly). The market has moved man, this is why people are mad at Joe.

3. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

have a nice day frogBlack person

4. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>What am I in for?
    Cheap insurance, lots of MPGs, and it's super reliable unless you're black or female. These are very racist cars.

5. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

How much money did you spend? What financing rate?

6. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Good job, OP.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

What site is this?

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Link? I wonder if my car is in there database

CarComplaints

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Link? I wonder if my car is in there database

7. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

N

8. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

The only nissans worth buying are the ones that dont have a cvt like the 2016 nissan versa s trim with the manual windows.

I've trashed the living frick out of one of those and havent done shit to it other than a drive belt and the front bearings because it doesnt like to go sideways lel.

9. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

2000-2003 sentra specv's are cool

10. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Should've gotten a frontier like me if you were dead-set on cheap nigsans

11. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

These are great cars

12. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

What are some good non moronic cars at this price?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

The 2010s were a bad decade for economy cars. Too many features, too much cost cutting, too many regulations, french influence on Japanese cars. Things are worse now. Stop being poor. Its not viable anymore

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *