Non-driver here. When should I start turning the steering wheel to make a turn through a bend/junction precisely?

Non-driver here. When should I start turning the steering wheel to make a turn through a bend/junction precisely? It seems impossible to know this for me. I tried a youtube video by the channel Conquer Driving but it seemed to contradict with itself.

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just get a suicide knob, it's safer because it doesn't require you to remove your hand from the wheel during turns.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Follow the line of the road, if you're not doing that already then get a bus pass.

>crossing arms
      >not feeding
      Ngmi. Anyway, here's how to take a turn
      >see it coming, slow appropriately
      >look through the turn by keeping your eyes in line with (but focused beyond) the furthest point the corner protrudes into your path of travel at that moment
      >just keep the car aligned with where you're looking
      Congratulations, you're cornering.

People can tell you how to do it all you want, but you're never going to understand it until you do it.

Absolutely.

Just go do it for yourself. It's hard to explain how to turn a steering wheel to go around a corner. You turn the wheel the car turns, depends on speed. Ugh. Go try it dude. Go ride a bicycle or try a quad or something

Thanks for the replies, I don't have a license so I guess I need to train first. My fear is to hit the curb or the wrong lane.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Go get a lesson. For years after passing my test (passed first time) I used to vomit at the thought of driving a car.
        The first time you get air in a car is quite cool btw.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Follow the line of the road, if you're not doing that already then get a bus pass.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>crossing arms
    >not feeding
    Ngmi. Anyway, here's how to take a turn
    >see it coming, slow appropriately
    >look through the turn by keeping your eyes in line with (but focused beyond) the furthest point the corner protrudes into your path of travel at that moment
    >just keep the car aligned with where you're looking
    Congratulations, you're cornering.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

People can tell you how to do it all you want, but you're never going to understand it until you do it.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Absolutely.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just go do it for yourself. It's hard to explain how to turn a steering wheel to go around a corner. You turn the wheel the car turns, depends on speed. Ugh. Go try it dude. Go ride a bicycle or try a quad or something

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bicycle is wrong on just so many levels, they steer the wrong way at speeds much above walking because gyroscopic effect of the wheels (never going to get that on a car) takes effect.

• 4 weeks ago
        civil engineering stud

It's the rake not the gyroscopic nonsense

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Rake and trail works on all vehicles. BFO wheels do have an effect on smaller types.
          Can you even BMX?

• 4 weeks ago
            civil engineering stud

Rake is what makes the bicycle self-stabilizing

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

One time my instructor had another student drive me home after my lesson ended. This guy didn't know he had to turn the steering wheel back to center after making a turn.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

A lot of cars self centre. Let go and they'll find a straight line.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

he must have played a lot of pole position

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Non-driver here. When should I start turning the steering wheel to make a turn through a bend/junction precisely?

Why is your spatial reasoning so bad that you can't do this automatically? This is something that should only take maybe 3 or 4 car rides to figure out.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>how do i turn
    what the frick how is this even a question

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Zoomers shit themselves when given any form of responsibility or when they have to make a decision of any kind, you have to babysit them through everything. No initiative, no confidence, no problem-solving ability, no curiosity. It's wild to see. It's also why the 'frickcars' movement is so big, because they're terrified of the responsibility that comes with operating a motor car.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

conquer driving is based AND redpilled, how dare you, drivelet

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This thread brought back my suicidal ideations.

OP in a normal world a family member is supposed to take you to a big open parking lot when you're a teenager and show you the basics.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What was wrong with the Conquer Driving video, OP?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

?si=376Zm_wYDe7nD87U
      From what I understood he divided the driver's window into two halves and said that the part of the right would be a dangerous correspondence to the bend and that the left part would be a safe correspondence. But then in the same video he used the correspondence of the right and started turning when the bend was seen at the part of the right of his window. So I got confused. And btw I watch driving POVs and notice that in practice people start turning when the bend is almost seen at the front part of the driver or passenger windows, but not exactly IN the window itself. Kinda hard to explain in words something visual like that but you can get what I'm saying here, for example: https://youtu.be/usEiNpsmsw0?si=dxc67CHyyqMdR_nS&t=854 (time 14:14).

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *