>noo you cant overfill you're oil!!

>noo you cant overfill you're oil!!

well, i am about to start filling a quart extra in my car while doing oil changes, it can only be good for it.

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Too much oil is worse than less.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

its clearly not, you can fill twice the amount of oil required and nothing will happen as shown in the video.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

but thats not what is shown in the video
        the op image actually shows exactly why its bad

>the crank slaps the oil and makes air bubbles
        >bubbles get sucked up by pump
        >air bubbles cause oil pressure loss in bearings
        >engine dies same way as if you had no oil in it

/thread

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>>the crank slaps the oil and makes air bubbles
          if you have 3 times the oil required, yes
          filling twice as much, still doesnt make the crank slap the surface.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Because every engine is identical to an old Lada engine

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

inertia will make the oil slosh from one end of the pan to the other and it will still slap
            at least in my old miata if i overfilled it even a quart the crank would slap the oil while braking downhill

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That slapping would be very minimal and largely inconsequential compared to the more real danger of being in a long sharp corner and sucking air into the oil pump. It's very common for people tracking their cars or going out for spirited driving to add an additional quart to make sure their pickup is always wet. I've done it in my car for about 60k miles and never had issues with oil pressure

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Spec Miata guys do the opposite and underfill for weight reduction because the pickups are long enough

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

This. From over a century of experience we know that this happens. Supposedly the pressure differentials with the air bubbles cause stresses on a small scale that adds up causing fractures and failures. This is something humans found simply from experience.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the bubbles collapsing under pressure generates heat roughly equivalent to the surface of the sun which breaks down the oil faster.
            actually happens more often with water pumps and coolant but bubbles can physically damage metal parts.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the bubbles collapsing under pressure generates heat roughly equivalent to the surface of the sun which breaks down the oil faster.
            actually happens more often with water pumps and coolant but bubbles can physically damage metal parts.

cavitation

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

when you get crankshaft slapping the oil it will cause air bubbles to get into the oil pump which is abscence of oil
        also the crank throws hitting the oil steal horsepower.
        in short
        >less power
        >less consistant lubricity

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Lubricity

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Probably going to depend on how deep the sump is, how the pump works and how useful the oil is after it gets stirred into a foamy, bubbly mess by the shaft.
        They also made that transparent oil pan by using the outer side of the original as a mold, which made it somewhat larger on the inside.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>russian guy says "and nothing bad happened!
        >after running an engine for 30 seconds
        >you think "it's fine for oil to be aerated for 100 thousand miles!
        You're both stupid.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Do that in a motor that isnt stationary and see what happens.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous
  2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

maybe instead of nonsensically adding more oil maybe you should instead perform this:
    >get engine warmed up with reccomended oil level
    >jig the motor to run at 3.5k rpm
    >check the oil
    then you will know how much oil is infact in the sump while it's running, if you have a deep sump and most of it's still there then you are wasting your time, personally I just go half a quart over.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I blew a hole in a block by overfilling once

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

have a friend in the ghetto who overfilled his bmw because the radar dipstick was reading wrong
      head gasket go pop and turned it into a fog machine

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

"OP doesn't know what oil pressure is" the thread.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I really doubt 1 extra quart will frick it up too much. But i wouldn't go nuts or you will frick it up. I either overfilled mine or set it at the right level because the damn dipstick is wonky. The level is actually higher when cold, against all known laws of reason

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Isn't that because the oil is circulating through the engine when it's warm... ???

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>The level is actually higher when cold, against all known laws of reason
      Because all the oil has drained back into the sump you fricking homosexual

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Uncle Tony tells about when top fuel dragsters used to run wet sumps they'd just fill the sump nearly full of oil and all the oil would slosh to the back of the engine on launch and get pounded by the sump.
    Turns out it's not really a problem and he believed it actually help dampen crankshaft harmonics for those 100% stressed engines.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

punded by the crank*
      dunno what my brain was thinking there

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>comparing a race engine that's rebuilt after a few, maybe a couple dozen miles at most, to a regular car

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Race engines still need oil pressure bud, in fact it is far more important for the race engine to have a constant supply of good oil than your shitty old 70hp/l engine revving at 3k.
        And yet even with a huge crank obliterating the oil at 8,000rpm the engine still has no oiling problems.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

as the post above you said, overfilling is more about ensuring the pickup is always bathed enough
          >pressure
          You're not getting any significant pressure difference from an over or underfill. Oil requires a 36.9 foot depth to gain one atmosphere absolute.
          The pressure gain from less-than-inches in a normal car engine, of an overfill aren't even worth calculating.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>completely misunderstands the pressure argument
            They say that the crank whipping the oil will cavitate it enough to negatively effect oil pressure.

>I'm too moronic to understand the difference between an engine that's only at load for 10 seconds vs one that's at load for potentially hours at a time

Do believe that that the oil cavitation only occurs after several hours?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Do you believe a less than 10 second pull on a drag strip is in ANY way comparable to a 30 minute drive around town or the highway?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

explain the mechanism by which the oil will be negatively effected in 30 minutes but not 10

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>I'm too moronic to understand the difference between an engine that's only at load for 10 seconds vs one that's at load for potentially hours at a time

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Race engines typically have dry sump systems.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>didn't read the first post
            Based brainlet

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>comparing 70 year old STILL RUNNING lada engines to anything made this century
    nah. my k series motors get really upset if you overfill them even the slightest bit. hissing and bogging down and smoking at 0.4qt over.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Interesting. Mine had no noticeable issue being overfilled a half liter

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Is it bad of me that I wanted the engine to explode and kill him when he revved it really fast?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I was more angry they didn't take it apart and show the bearings.
      >yes I was waiting for it to throw a rod too

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I too love a good milkshake

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

mmmmmmmm gooey

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You don't need oil at all. Plenty of Nissan owners are driving around with zero oil in their cars proving that it's just a marketing scheme.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I wanted to shoot this comment down but i literally cant.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Gr86 owner here, it is NESSESARY to overfill by half a quart.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I've been overfilling my M54 for 15 years now, it's on 460k miles and it's still alive, cope homosexuals.

Original BMW 5w30 replaced every 4k miles.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>all that loose hair

yeah I'm sure she really works on cars a lot

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Even if engine doesnt get damaged or seals blow to causing severe oil leak from engine oil overfill. Engine will have excessive oil burning causing prematurely ruining catalytic converter. Even small oil overfill can cause loss of power for the engine because too much oil will cause more resistance/load for the engine. I have done the mistake twice slightly overfilling engine with oil, it always reduced performance, unusually low idle rpm, weird fluid splashing noise so I removed the excessive oil and all issues disappeared.

In the video they tested engine for minutes, completely different thing than running engine for above 1hour.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Sounds like gay German car issues mate
      >cat
      What the frick is that?

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I never overfill but I do top up at about 2000mi because I don't feel like changing the rear main seal

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I've always ran an extra 25% oil level in my track cars
    Basically essential on gt86/brz/gr86
    Miatas love an extra quart above full too
    Helps stop oil starvation in long sweepers
    Going anymore than ~25% overfilled will create a little foam and will reduce power by some insignificant mount (bottom end dragging through oil)
    On the road,dont waste your time/oil but if you track a wet sumped car, add a little extra oil

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

frick these vatniks and frick you for making me click on their youtube channel, now i need to delete my last watch so i dont get more vatnik recommendations.
    thanks

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous
  18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I overfilled a mercedes automatic by about a quart (was supposed to take 7-8qt). as a result the fluid became agitated by the gearset, become airated and thereby stopped lubricating. within 500 miles the fluid was completely burnt and all of the clutches inside the transmission were dead.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

We're talking about engines not gay nanny trannies, homosexual
      I'm glad your auto gaybox died, hopefully you're next Black person

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

no, we're talking about overfilling with lubricant which is bad for just about any machine, you fricking idiot.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *