Now that the dust has settled

which one?

No other brands, please, I’m an europoor, stuff like Flex and Rigid doesn’t exist here.

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Milwaukee personally, but DeWalt is good enough.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Milwaukee if you have the money, or Bosch since you are in Europe.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bosch is underrated. Just as good as Milwaukee/DeWalt

• 4 weeks ago
      Kevin Van Dam

Bosch is underrated. Just as good as Milwaukee/DeWalt

+1

The only reason nobody talks about Bosch in the US is because their tools aren’t widely available.

https://i.imgur.com/dGoNCRo.png

>costs just as much as any of the major brands except you’re buying from a store with super shady business practices and horrible customer service and warranties and zero QC on the manufacturing end
      It might be good if you don’t mind returning 3 of the tools before finally finding one good enough to pass quality control.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>costs just as much as any of the major brands
        Wrong.
        >Horrible customer service and warranty
        5 year warranty no questions asked. Swap it out for a new one in store. No sending it off and waiting and all that bullshit.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bosch sucks
      Dewalt is edging ahead of Milwaukee they've improved while big red has dropped off

Einhell is ok if you want to save a few euros

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Dewalt has been burning people's shit to the ground with their latest batches of batteries, inverters, and chargers. Milwaukee M18 series tools still reign supreme for the class.

If you can't afford Milwaukee, just buy Harbor Freight shit until you can. Best advice I can ever give.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

bosch hobby sucks. For hobby tools you are better off with parkside

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bosch is not popular in europe, makita is king in europe and hilti.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Makita

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Winner here

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What this anon said. The only tool in my toolkit that isn't cyan is this motherfricker.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

festool or hilti, or are you poor?

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I thought the idea was to buy all new tools then sell them at the pawn shop, all to buy tools again. When buy tools just to throw out? Hercules isn't a good idea. General lacks precision too. Crazy they come up the 17.42 mm on a 18.03 stud width with their PLASTIC guage.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Kevin Van Dam

>yuro
    Just go Parkside because everything else is prohibitively expensive unless you’re in a trade and do it for a living. Ryobi is the best for weekenders in the US, DeWalt is has the best sales and availability of the more professional tier brands, Milwaukee is the best if you’re in a specific trade becsusr they have the most specialized tools.

Also Ridgid is the same as AEG over there.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

milwaukee for regular use tools, bauer for occasional one offs

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Personally, I'm Dewalt for 20v things, and Milwaukee for 12v

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Milwaukee and Ryobi are the same company.

Milwaukee but do your research, their quality has been hit and miss in the last few years.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Harbor freight until it breaks then you use that tool enough to justify ryobi

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

if you are a pro, get milwaukee
    if you are just a weekend warrior, ryobi is good enough and much cheaper

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I never use power tools unless absolutely forced to. Craftsman are sold in Europe and King Dick is a British brand, so it can be ordered.

When I do use power tools, they are always Milwaukee or DeWalt, except for my shop vac which is Bauer and my rotary tool, which si Dremel.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have all DeWalt stuff just because my friend works for Black and Decker and I can use the friends and family discount. Tried Milwaukee impacts for the first time recently and they felt way cheaper and shittier than my DeWalts. How come everyone seems to think they're the best?
    Ryobi are good for the home gamer who only occasionally uses tools. Not even an option for someone seriously wrenching.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because a Milwaukee M18 1/2 Impact is a fricking monster and can break torque the vast majority of battery impacts can't. They're full moron overpowered.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous
        • 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Man, a truck like that needs air and a thor. You will not use a fricking milwaukee battery system for 5+ ton vehicles. He's asking for it to break. JFC.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The 1 inch stuff (picrel + the even bigger ones) can do the HD stuff fine

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why does that Milwaukee come with a built in wienerring?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

To help with impacting your mom's cervix.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>use the wrong tool for the job
          >wtf?? it broek???
          milfrickee fricking makes 1" impacts

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Cyqcp0Q.jpeg

If you need this torque to an extent this absurd you also likely have an air compressor, in which case the earthquake from harbor freight with its warranty will be more than enough than any battery torque wrench. Hell might as well get a corded one if you gotta stretch it

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Milwaukee > Ryobi > Makita > Powergap > Everything else

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Milwaukee has the best tools, but sometimes the batteries conk out and you need to jump them with a 9v battery and a couple of razor blades. No biggie. DeWalt's corded stuff is fine (though not as great as the old Makita), but for cordless, I don't mess with anything but Milwaukee.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Go to lidl and buy parkside tools, keep receipts and replace any refunded premature failures with biltema tools when necessary.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah Aldi Ferrex stuff is pretty good too. Got a 20v drill and impact driver there extremely cheap.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

kek Biltema tools are actually okay?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No cap biltema has actual quality tools available and comes with long warranties to back that up. I have never had a failure with 10 year warranty tools from there and car batteries have also lasted over the four year warranty every purchase.

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

kobalt

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>no other brands, please
    have a nice day. also makita and bosch

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My sawzall let out the last magic smoke a month ago, my second impact has started smoking, and my batteries are about 6 years old. All DeWalt but not their XR stuff. Was hoping to hear they were trash and something else was significantly better. The impact usually can't even take off lug nuts unless it has the bigger battery pack which are now ~$100 a pop, the same battery can only cut through 3 pieces of exhaust tubing before it needs a recharge with new Lenox metal blades.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I bought the Atomic brushless compact sawzall the other day, seems to work really well with my little 2ah batteries so far. Was cutting up some rotted out fencing and it ripped through the 2x4 stringers and still showed 3/3 bars on the battery after about 20 cuts.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Oh yeah also, the old DeWalt impacts sucked but the new brushless ones are kickass and Lowes/HD usually do a Black Friday thing where you can get the impact for free if you buy a $200 battery kit (XR 6.0+4.0 and a charger iirc), sounds like you need a battery upgrade anyway so it might be worth looking into. I'm planning on doing that myself this year since I need both the impact and the batts.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Like the other anon said, old Dewalt was ass, but in the last year or so, they've really gotten their shit together. The DCF900 kicks ass, I beat the frick out of mine all day every day and it hasn't let me down yet. I wrench in the rust belt too, and it has no problem pulling off rotted lugs.

20. 4 weeks ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Milwaukee has the best selection of tools, nobody else can compete, especially tools for mechanics and electricians
    If you’re building a house like a Mexican or just rotating tires and doing a brake job it doesn’t matter what brand you pick

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Makita is basically the Toyota of the tool world, and the best option for general heavy duty/trade needs. But like Toyota they’re slow to adapt and don’t have the specialty tools like milueakees plumber line and can’t hit the low entry prices of the dewalt line. They’re the longest lasting but it comes down to what color you like most for the red vs blue vs yellow debate they all work the same

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I just wanna buy a drill and an impact wrench. What is best? I prefer something that will likely last for years. I’m no pro but I’d like to release some rusty bolts on my car and drill into mostly wood but occasionally concrete and metal too

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Milwaukee

On average I feel they put out the most power, and have by far the best array/line suited to wrenching

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Now that you can get universal battery adapters its kinda a moot point. Get whichever tool performs best for the job at hand and get some of the adapters.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>universal.battery adapters
      Lol
      No
      Plug a 40v battery into an 18v drill and see what happens.
      Atleast ryobi has the one+ system so all 18v devices will take the same battery.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://ceenr.com/
        Works with 99% of modern battery tools from the bug brands. When was the last time you bought a 12v tool?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>hen was the last time you bought a 12v tool?
          Waukee has a big 12v-range

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>midwaukee stuck in the past still
            I said buy the best tool for the job.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What exactly is the point of buying a universal battery when I can....check this out....buy the actual battery designed for my tool?
          Are you going to just swap one battery pack between a random collection of brands while doing a project?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

People who use power tools for a living can burn through a couple batteries a day, so they will have several batteries charged and ready and will use them with whatever tool they are primarily using them with that day. If I have, for example, a dewalt impact and a milfricky sawzall, I dont want to have to have to worry about bringing and charging 4 spare batteries, two for each brand, I'd rather bring 2 spare batteries that share the same charging infrastructure and tool interface. That way I'm not taking up space in my box with batteries that I might not even use. Hope this helps

• 4 weeks ago
            Kevin Van Dam

You would be moronic for not just buying a DeWalt sawzall and impact since all of the brands offer all of the main tools you need.

Or, you could buy that generic battery that isn’t even that much cheaper than OE batteries and doesn’t work properly on high demand tools.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

People that use power tools for a living don't have a random collection of different brands.

People who use power tools for a living dont have a collection of different brands BECAUSE of the battery issue. I'd love to use Milwaukee impacts and drills and dewalt reciprocating saws and grinders because that is what each vendor does best. That is why the concept of a universal battery is so appealing.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

People that use power tools for a living don't have a random collection of different brands.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

People that use power tools for a living buy the right tool for the job

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Milwaukee is the best, is very common tool brand used by professional workers at construction jobs, car mechanics etc. Dewalt is the second good brand. Makita is the 3rd good. Ryobi is for more occasional use.

26. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Milwaukee if you actually get shit done, especially heavier duty shit like cars

DeWALT - if you buy the first thing you see in home depot & do drywall

Ryobi - if you are a moronic housewife that wants pool toys powered by a drill battery & tools with fricked proportions. Babys first tools dont buy this shit

Makita, i want blue dewalt

bosch - ah yes ill have 1 drill and one 02 sensor as thats the only thing on the shelf

craftsman - somehow worse than harbor freight

• 4 weeks ago
      [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

accurate

27. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Milwaukee if you actually work on cars and need to pay for it out of pocket.

DeWalt if your company is buying you your tools and you work construction (often what they'll have).

Only other tools I have is a corded Bosch grinder and drill and they're alright.

28. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

dewalt, makita or milwaukee.
    pick the one you can get for the best price, as a private consoomer that will most likely be dewalt they are more likely to offer really good deals through diy shops.
    makita is a tad more expensive but not better, milwaukee is more expensive and better but you dont need that quality, it doesnt make a difference.
    ryobi is so shit it makes a difference and not so cheap it makes up for it.

29. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just as I suspected, poorgays ITT

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Are those still made by Bosch?

30. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

DeWalt has the most consistently good lineup, even if it's not the best in every last tool comparison. When you're buying cordless, you're buying the battery ecosystem as much as you're buying the tool itself. Get the consistently good

31. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Who makes the best impact driver and why

• 4 weeks ago
      Kevin Van Dam

Pick a color

Every major brand has a flagship brushless impact driver that is like 1800-2400in-lbs and has multiple speed and power settings. Any speed difference will vary depending on the size and type of fastener so all the brands come out super close.

It’s not really a power thing because as you hit >2000in-lbs with an impact driver, it becomes hard to use on medium size screws and smaller stuff is out of the question.

Dewalt has been burning people's shit to the ground with their latest batches of batteries, inverters, and chargers. Milwaukee M18 series tools still reign supreme for the class.

If you can't afford Milwaukee, just buy Harbor Freight shit until you can. Best advice I can ever give.

>just buy Harbor Freight
      >just buy Bauer which is worse than Ryobi with a worse warranty but ends up costing more because they don’t have the free tool and battery deals

Do you use your tools to make money? No? Then get brushless Ryobi stuff

This

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>whining about Harbor Freight
        Cry all you fricking want about your bad experiences. The Bauer Driver can output more torque than a shitty Ryobi and can be discarded easily when it shits out in a couple years. You're a fricking moron if you compromise and buy a budget tier tool like a Ryobi because it'll "last longer" when it can't even torque a lugnut to spec.

Harbor Freight is fricking fine for an entry level hobby mechanic. If you're doing the work professionally and you aren't using Milwaukee, you're a moron. You're a double moron if you're a prpfessional or a serious enthusiast and don't have air tools - of which, you're a moron for not buying Harbor Freight unless you can justify Ingersoll-Rand.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The thing for me is that, if you're not in a rush and can wait for a sale, you can usually get DeWalt on sale for barely more than the HF stuff, and at least then you know you've got decent warranty support, they're not gonna discontinue the batteries on you in a year like HF has done with some of their stuff before, etc.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>it can't even torque a lugnut to spec.
          NTA, bu if you have a set of torque-limiting sockets, you probably already have better tools than HF or Ryobi.

32. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Got a ryobi impact wrench, drill, and impact socket, no problem but I'm not a professional. Team dewalt all the way though once I graduate and get money

33. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Do you use your tools to make money? No? Then get brushless Ryobi stuff

34. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

B O S C H

35. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>whatever my dad lets me borrow

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm Ryobi/Makita and my father is Ryobi/craftsman. was I adopted?

36. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>is literally worth it's weight in gold
    >also costs as much as gold in equal weight

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This.

Dewalt stuff is my favorite, but I suspect Milwaukee is generally better. I can't be fricked to buy a battery for the 1/4 impact I got for free.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm a waukee boy. They seem the more "prosumer" option to me. If you look at a mechanics shop if they're not using Strap On or Matco or some other fancy boutique brand of battery power tools they're pretty much always using Milwaukee or maybe DeWalt. I work in the trades and it too is mostly dominated by red and black/yellow. Ryobi is what they buy their little kids.

I probably would've gone red myself, but yellow goes on way better sales and I can't justify the extra cost for my relatively light-duty use, plus I just like Lowe's way more than Home Depot and the blue store doesn't sell the red tools.

• 4 weeks ago
      Kevin Van Dam

>only has like 5 cordless tools

>Europoor
      >Only options are American brands

Anon pls stob it

Everything is sold there. Bosch is really the only Yuro one that’s not a store brand or some speciality brand.

Hilti is real nice but not worth it for an individual to buy unless you’re outfitting a crew of workers at a company you own. Einhell os basicaly an Amazon brand here. Metabo sells a couple tools only? And there’s the Metabo Hikoki stuff but Yuros never talk about them. Fein has what, 3 cordless tools? Flex exists over there too but the Yuros don’t talk about them.

I guess green Bosch could be like your Black & Decker aka a lower end apartment dweller’s tools.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I guess green Bosch could be like your Black & Decker aka a lower end apartment dweller’s tools.

Except there is black and Decker and they come in cheaper than green bosch

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>3-5k for an air gun

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They past for like 50 years

37. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm a waukee boy. They seem the more "prosumer" option to me. If you look at a mechanics shop if they're not using Strap On or Matco or some other fancy boutique brand of battery power tools they're pretty much always using Milwaukee or maybe DeWalt. I work in the trades and it too is mostly dominated by red and black/yellow. Ryobi is what they buy their little kids.

38. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Europoor
    >Only options are American brands

Anon pls stob it

39. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

makita

40. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm a DIY hobbyist mechanic and for a while ryobi was my go-to but I fully switched to milwaukee for the beautiful stubby 3/8 that handles pretty much any job I throw at it, besides the tough shit I need a 1/2 for. All you need is a 3/8 stubby and maybe their electric ratchet and you're golden, the M12 batteries are slim and not too bulky, which is mainly why I switched to milwaukee, just love the small form factors of their tools and batteries

• 4 weeks ago
      Kevin Van Dam

Terrible advice from another kid who has done a couple of oil changes and went M12 Fuel because he wanted to be in the cool kid’s club without spending the money on 18V.

The M12 stubby, you can do all of the same shit with an impact driver and a socket adapter and it’s not strong enough to do anything you can’t remove by hand. And then when you do more than a couple oil changes and run into an axle nut that doesn’t want to move, have fun when you realize your cool kid M12 Fuel tools will never come anywhere close to getting the job done, and that’s the reason most people buy an impact wrench in the first place.

Not to mention if you ever do any work beyond oil changes and getting your Packout foam inserts cut perfectly, 12V is shit for any real drilling or cutting. Those batteries get hot fast when you stick a hole saw on the 12V drill.

• 4 weeks ago
        [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>The M12 stubby, you can do all of the same shit with an impact driver and a socket adapter
        wot?
        I take dually lug nuts off with my m12 stubby, crank pulley bolts sometimes work not always, that's what the half inch is for
        you're not putting any real torque through a 1/4in hex socket adapter also that's gonna make your tool long as hell and not fit anywhere tight

• 3 weeks ago
          Kevin Van Dam

Git decent socket adapters, you will have like 80% the power and maybe 1” more length on fhe impact driver compared to the stubby. My impact driver will do freshly torqued 100ft-lb lug nuts just like the stubby.

Patrician move is to start with an 18V drill + impact driver kit because you’re a redditor unboxer if you have a Fuel stubby and ratchet but no drill. And then get down on an 18V mid torque 1/2” because they’re so compact now and will actually have power when you need it and that will cover all but the most rusted stubborn automotive stuff.

Nobody shills the 12V impact as “babby’s first and only impact wrench” unless they haven’t used anything else.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>Git decent socket adapters, you will have like 80% the power and maybe 1” more length on fhe impact driver compared to the stubby.
            why have 80% when I can have 100%?
            >1 inch more length
            that's huge when working in tight spaces like an engine bay
            >ratchet and stubby and no drill
            I have like 5k in Milwaukee tools, maybe more than that actually
            my tools are beat to shit and I use em every single day
            my electrician friends use Milwaukee, my mobile mechanic friends all use Milwaukee, we all share batteries and tools, it's great

• 3 weeks ago
            Kevin Van Dam

Ryobi isn't bad.
            but I've seen way too many of their stuff just Yeet itself.
            sure you can get a replacement, but time is money.
            idk what I'm gonna do.
            I'm like 75% DeWalt 20V.
            25% Milwaukee 12v.
            maybe I'll dump the cash and a Red drill.

If you own all the proper 18V tools, then use the stubby when you want it. This is for the morons who only own M12 stuff and say the M12 stubby impact is the only impact you need!

Hang around long enough and you will see it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

its ironic how hard you're shilling rigid when it's an absolute ass company with underpowered tools, a fricking m12 with a 2 amp battery is more powerful than an 18v rigid you homosexual

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

I think the might have autism, reminds me of CVPI who has medical diagnosed autism
            also that one dude with the buck century who also shilled rigid and worked in a oil change shop or some shit
            it's not even that much more expensive to break into the Milwaukee ecosystem, there's no reason not to when the amount of tools they offer is insane

• 3 weeks ago
            Kevin Van Dam

Kek. This is what happens when you buy 12V tools and convince yourself they can do everything.

>tfw I have been shilling Ryobi this whole thread because it’s a much smarter buy for a DIYer than limping yourself by getting stuck on a 12V platform.

I think the might have autism, reminds me of CVPI who has medical diagnosed autism
            also that one dude with the buck century who also shilled rigid and worked in a oil change shop or some shit
            it's not even that much more expensive to break into the Milwaukee ecosystem, there's no reason not to when the amount of tools they offer is insane

(You)

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>it does well in one test
            who cares, you're locking yourself out of a giant tool ecosystem, how one tool performs is irrelevant when you step back and look at how many tools they offer
            pic from my security cameras because im too lazy to get up and im eating a bagel and drinking coffee

• 3 weeks ago
            Kevin Van Dam

moronic. It’s a compact with a purpose. It does stuff you could do with an impact driver. It won’t do stuff that is hard to do by hand, which is why Anon’s first ugga dugga should not be a 12V stubby and that money is much better spent on a Ryobi 18V mid torque.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>It does stuff you could do with an impact driver
            it's smaller and lighter which is extremely important the second you stop doing brake jobs and start working in an engine bay

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no
            t. XGT impact driver

• 3 weeks ago
            Kevin Van Dam

The stubbies really aren’t mich smaller than an impact driver and a socket adapter. And if the impact doesn’t fit, use hand tools. Meanwhile if you run into a bolt with lots of space but it’s too tight for your super cool M12 Fuel tool and hand tools won’t do it either, then you’re dead in the water until your smart friend comes over with his Ryobi HP 1/2” because he bought the tool he needed first rather than the tool he thought looked cool.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>The stubbies really aren’t mich smaller than an impact driver and a socket adapter
            yes it is
            >but it’s too tight for your super cool M12 Fuel tool and hand tools won’t do it either, then you’re dead in the water until your smart friend comes over with his Ryobi HP 1/2”
            I have multiple 1/2in drive fuel impacts
            I'm not poor like you, I have 15 cars and a house on property and security cameras and guns and night vision, you can continue being poor and coping, I don't care, I'm gonna continue mogging your poor ass

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

rich people don't flex about running a junkyard out of their backyard

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i used to get jealous of people with big packout set-ups to organize their tools, but then i remember that they only spent that much because they are tradies that only justify the cost because they use them for a living while i am an office cuck with no real need to organize my tools that rarely leave my shed.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

I just bought pack out because I was tired of lugging my tools around junk yards
            it's also nice inside the jeep when it locks in so if I roll it or crash a heavy ass tool box won't smash my head in

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>tfw I have been shilling Ryobi this whole thread because it’s a much smarter buy for a DIYer than limping yourself by getting stuck on a 12V platform.
            I'd almost be OK with Ryobi except I can't fricking stand their stupid '90s battery design, the dildo sticking out of them makes them way more of a pain in the ass to put in a toolbag or especially a pouch. Also there's barely a price difference between them and DeWalt if you can wait for sales, like right now the DeWalt compact sawzall is only $10 more than the Ryobi, and you can get DeWalt stuff everywhere instead of being limited to HD.

• 3 weeks ago
            Kevin Van Dam

Oh and the M12… I dont think they get compared head to head because of the voltage difference, even though they’re about the same size. Too lazy to search more, although they had about the same specs advertised by TTI, the parent company.

That stubby impact is straight because I can stick the 18V battery straight on my circular saw and cut lumber or on my high torque 1/2” and remove a crusty water heater anode.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Rigid and Milwaukee tools are made by the same company, you guys are morons

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Doesn’t really matter who makes what, only what tools they offer and what batteries they work with.

Milwaukee has the best tool selection, way better than rigid, who makes them is irrelevant.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

By that logic Ryobi beats them both

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Except their tools are designed to be light duty from the beginning and not used by professionals, they’re intended to be the entry level low cost option, which Milwaukee is intended to be used by professionals in a work environment.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Brushless Ryobi is literally just gen old Milwaukee Fuel stuff

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>its literally old Milwaukee
            >doesn’t use a Milwaukee battery
            What did he mean by this?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>paying 3 times as much for the same asiaticshit cells

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

One of the main problems with ryobi is that the tools aren’t durable, their casings aren’t as strong.
            One drop onto the battery and it shatters, this is a well known issue.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Also I just took apart one of the ryobi 40v packs I had and it had 1500mah 18650s in it, that’s pathetic, the Milwaukee tools use Samsung 3000mah cells inside which is basically double the battery in the same space.

• 3 weeks ago
            Kevin Van Dam

You realize that those 1500mAh cells were used in basically everybody’s packs a few years ago, right? And they still use them? And there’s a tradeoff between current output and capacity, right? A 5x 1500mAh 18650 pack will put out far more power than a 5x 3000mAh 18650 pack. Also the 3.0Ah pack needs to charge a lot slower.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>And there’s a tradeoff between current output and capacity, right? A 5x 1500mAh 18650 pack will put out far more power than a 5x 3000mAh 18650 pack
            it's not 2015 moron, a 3000mah cell puts out 30A now, battery tech advanced, ryobi is just cheap and uses cheap cells to maintain profit margins

• 3 weeks ago
            Kevin Van Dam

Nobody uses 3000mAh 18650s in 3.0Ah packs, and there’s a reason for that. They’re fine for flashlights drawing an amp, but won’t last long if you stick em on a circular saw.

Also the pack anon pulled apart because it’s dead is probably from 2015.

https://i.imgur.com/x2RvAp0.jpeg

>The stubbies really aren’t mich smaller than an impact driver and a socket adapter
            yes it is
            >but it’s too tight for your super cool M12 Fuel tool and hand tools won’t do it either, then you’re dead in the water until your smart friend comes over with his Ryobi HP 1/2”
            I have multiple 1/2in drive fuel impacts
            I'm not poor like you, I have 15 cars and a house on property and security cameras and guns and night vision, you can continue being poor and coping, I don't care, I'm gonna continue mogging your poor ass

>yes it is
            If you consider 1” longer as HUGE, I understand, you’re trying to make all 4” work.

And you’re arguing something I never said. If you buy the 12V stubby after you have a bigger impact and you’re set on the main 18V tools, that’s the way to go. It’s the numerous Fuel fanbois with an unused stubby and high speed ratchet in a packout container with perfectly cut foam that has never seen a spot of grease. And then they say “Well it removes the lug nuts on my Golf that I just recently torqued to 80ft-lbs so it’s good enough for anything somebody would want to do with automotive work!” and that’s horrible advice for somebody who is trying to up their wrenching game and has $300 to spend on their first couple power tools.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>Nobody uses 3000mAh 18650s in 3.0Ah packs
            uhh yes, Milwaukee does, I've busted them open, I have like 100 18650s and 21700s and battery spot welders
            >flashlights drawing an amp
            my flashlights draw like 80w and fit in my pocket
            those fricking tools aren't even used, they look brand new
            this is what used tools look like, I bought these all brand new

• 3 weeks ago
            Kevin Van Dam

The one they did was the 3.0 M12 packs, and they charge real slow and don’t have any balls and have a 1-year shorter warranty than the 3.0Ah packs with 6x 1500mAh 18650s. They don’t sell many of them, the 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5Ah CP packs are much more common.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I've dropped my Ryobi stuff many times and it still just werks. But I get it, you're a big boy who needs to justify his big boy tools

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

t. 1500 mah cells

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>m-muh cells!
            >only the best for my weed wacker!

• 3 weeks ago
            Kevin Van Dam

Tbqhwy, weed whackers pull a lot of juice. I keep thinking about the 8.0s or tabless 4.0s for mine. The basic 4.0s get pretty warm running the 15” HP trimmer for awhile.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Electric weed eaters are for homosexuals. Real men use ICE weed eaters. Ryobi can put out all the propaganda they want for their stupid toys, but they're not real tools. Who cares if they have more torque and a faster spool up time. I want to hear that engine scream and feel the vibration all the way up my shoulder!

• 3 weeks ago
            Kevin Van Dam

I love me some internal combustion engines, but I also love not dealing with cracked fuel lines and clogged Chinese carbs every spring. Lawnmower is the only thing I’m still running gasoline in.

https://i.imgur.com/IUTyXVQ.jpeg

>Nobody uses 3000mAh 18650s in 3.0Ah packs
            uhh yes, Milwaukee does, I've busted them open, I have like 100 18650s and 21700s and battery spot welders
            >flashlights drawing an amp
            my flashlights draw like 80w and fit in my pocket
            those fricking tools aren't even used, they look brand new
            this is what used tools look like, I bought these all brand new

>uhh yes, Milwaukee does
            Why would anybody mislead and lie on the internet? Why do you think the 3.0CP packs are so much larger than the 2.0 packs? Milwaukee and DeWalt don’t even use 3000mAh 18650s in their 6.0 packs. Makita might be the only one among the main contractor grade stuff who uses 3000mAh 18650s in a normal 10-cell pack, and it has lower peak performance than the 3.0-5.0Ah packs. They all use 21700 cells for 5-cell 3.0Ah and 4.0Ah packs.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>Why would anybody mislead and lie on the internet? Why do you think the 3.0CP packs are so much larger than the 2.0 packs?
            kek I didn't even have to tell you that you're wrong, the poster under you did it for me
            your tools look brand new, you're a little b***h who does a few brake jobs a year and nothing more, rigid is the perfect brand to go with for a little b***h who does nothing like you
            meanwhile I'm out here doing LS swaps, diesel swaps, body swaps on cars, 4wd conversions, custom fabrication and welding, and I use Milwaukee because they have the best selection of tools that just work
            your tools look like you've used them one fricking time on some light duty shit and you're going on about how durable they are, you're a fricking pathetic joke dude lmao

• 3 weeks ago
            Kevin Van Dam

This is the type of person who brags about having 15 cars in their front lawn.

>2.5/5
            Do they even make the 3.0Ah 3-cell pack anymore? They probably had to discontinue the thing after realizing what a horrible idea was just like when they tried to lower the parts count in the 2767 Fuel impact and they were all breaking. You’re probably buying NOS if you find one in a kit.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>Do they even make the 3.0Ah 3-cell pack anymore?
            Yes moron, they do, and yes this is the automotive board made for people who own 15 cars and decent tools
            Your tools have zero use on them because you don’t do shit except the occasional brake job or some shit

• 4 weeks ago
      Kevin Van Dam

https://i.imgur.com/irqswW7.jpeg

Terrible advice from another kid who has done a couple of oil changes and went M12 Fuel because he wanted to be in the cool kid’s club without spending the money on 18V.

The M12 stubby, you can do all of the same shit with an impact driver and a socket adapter and it’s not strong enough to do anything you can’t remove by hand. And then when you do more than a couple oil changes and run into an axle nut that doesn’t want to move, have fun when you realize your cool kid M12 Fuel tools will never come anywhere close to getting the job done, and that’s the reason most people buy an impact wrench in the first place.

Not to mention if you ever do any work beyond oil changes and getting your Packout foam inserts cut perfectly, 12V is shit for any real drilling or cutting. Those batteries get hot fast when you stick a hole saw on the 12V drill.

Also the stubby impact can’t even reliably remove lug nuts unless they were freshly installed by an autist with a torque wrench in the past few months. They’re useless when you get a pickup truck with dirty studs straight out of a tire shop where they slammed the wheels on with air tools.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Well yeah I know it has it's limitations and I've searched around before I switched to M12 what jobs it can handle, a stubby with a 6ah battery is plenty enough for my brake jobs and any suspension work I've done so far, I still have my ryobi 1/2 that does the trick, along with axle nuts, etc. I know what it's good and what it sucks with, never said it can tackle anything

I'm not doing intensive mechanic work here so the compactness of the M12 tools works fine for me and hasn't let me down yet.

41. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

they are all garbage.
    .t had tools fail from every brand.
    even a mikita impact burst into flames.

42. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>buy DeWalt drill at home Depot.
    >it breaks in less than 1 year.
    >return for warranty.
    >DeWalt claims it's out of warranty
    >can't prove the purchase date because home Depot credit card receipts don't say what you purchased.
    >they don't give me my tool back
    >loose tool and have no replacement to use.
    >fixing the tool costs more than a new one.
    >DeWalt repair shop says they are getting eaten alive by repair costs.

thanks team yellow

• 3 weeks ago
      Kevin Van Dam

Lame if true. I warranties a Ryobi battery that was a year or two old recently with no receipt or registration and they sent me a new one.

And then as soon as I got the new one, I cracked open the tamper evidence plug and was able to recover the cell that went a little too low and the dead battery is almost as good as new.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Ryobi isn't bad.
        but I've seen way too many of their stuff just Yeet itself.
        sure you can get a replacement, but time is money.
        idk what I'm gonna do.
        I'm like 75% DeWalt 20V.
        25% Milwaukee 12v.
        maybe I'll dump the cash and a Red drill.

43. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pittsburgh

44. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>which one?
    Hilti

45. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Every forum and media post I read online shills Milwaukee. What's the contrarian option for an autist like me, team yellow?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Glorious nippon teal

46. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've used ryobi for years and haven't had an issue

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *