>oh no no no no

>oh no no no no
Tacoma sisters, how will we recover from this?

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

how can you watch these castrated mechaniclet nu-fricks for more than 3 seconds.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>brand new truck from the most reliable manufacturer ever
      >OMG ITS BROKEN
      fricking lel, cant imagine clicking on that shit

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

a zoomer's brain capacity is too little for more than 3 seconds of 1080p visual aid. gen z is absolutely fricked for life.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

toyota tards... if we don't have reliability, how are we going to dupe morons into buying our ugly slow and gay cars?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i mean its just a car at the end of the day. maybe toyota is slightly more reliable than the next brand but in the end they all break

lol i drive land rover at the cost of reliability just so i dont look gay and ugly at the same time

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I always see land rovers as gay and ugly

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

javascript:quote('27460429');

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

shit i dont remember how to cross link a thread but theres one up on the L322 range rover. its a timeless classic design

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

might be the transfer case actuator

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Tacoma sisters, how will we recover from this?
    Ford Maverick

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Ford
      No thanks. I don't need more problems.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>$5k tail light repair.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Cybertruck

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What broke? I'm not clicking that cringe clickbate soi shit

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Transfer case, went bang and lost FWD while trying to climb a small rock step in the snow. (Which a Colorado had just gotten up easily, I'll add.)

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Transfer case
        It's why I will never buy an AWD car.
        RWD or FWD every purchase, no discussion.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Your loss my man. If you get a real truck it's reliable and super fun in winter if you get a lot of snow. My old frontier is fun to drift around in rwd mode, but when I put it in 4wd I feel like I will never get stuck. Just pulls out of whatever. I imagine a WRX is similar except you can't choose to drift.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The Tacoma is not AWD wrenchlet.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>AWD
          >Tacoma

Go back to creddit

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Did it actually? Or did it not engage properly? Electronically controlled bullshit doesn't always work right. Even new. Frick this gay world that went away from mechanical things that worked fine.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Nah that Tacoma went bang. You can hear it if you watched the video. Even Andrei heard that boom all the way from his Colorado.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Well that's odd. Toyota knows how to build a transfer case. Wonder if they reused the old design (like they have since 1st gen) or if it's a new design.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Probably manufacturing defect. Most shit that breaks these days is due to poor attention to detail in the factory.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

It was engaged, they got the front up and then the wheels were spinning while trying to pull the back up, and it just went bang. Low traction situation and no sudden shocks either, nothing that would normally kill a case. Didn't just pop out or something either, they tried going in and out of 4wd, and it wasn't a broken shaft either.
          People in the comments were saying that transfer case actuators are a known failure on older Tacos and it might be that.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Tacoma
    >Breaking
    Kek, what else is new. Edmunds broke their Tacoma while driving too a while back.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

oh gawd not this video again....

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

lol imagine getting out-trucked by a fricking Ridgeline lmao. Toyotagays, when will they learn?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

lol watch the entire video, ridgeline blows a shock too.... but its not like any of these trucks manufacture their own shocks.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Ridgeline lasts sigificantly longer than the Taco. Tacotards have been paying a premium for literal garbage for decades at this point

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Cool crossover

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

They blow shocks in all of the trucks because they're driving 40mph on wash board roads in fricking death valley. There is a reason people who do this upgrade to large diameter shocks or get remote reservoirs. Cavitation and shock failure happens way quicker than people realize.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>failstein shocks

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>fallstein
        >stein

Really makes you think

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

It's not that kind of stein, Bilstein were a German noble family. israelites adopted local names to blend in and that's how they ended up with all the steins and bergs etc.

I don't know why anybody would be shitting on Bilstein either, I used to sell and service performance suspensions and never saw any reason to hate on them, they make good stuff and are some of the best bang for the buck out there. I've got 5100s on my truck and love them, and I don't think there's anything that can touch them for the same money.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Bilsteins are fragile. They break very easily.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's not my experience with them, at least compared to anything else in the same price/performance range, but I've never dealt with the OEM or stock replacement ones so maybe it's true of them.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Bilstein may make the OEM shock but they'll be made to the OEM's price point, whatever that may be, and you can bet it won't be anything like one of the company's performance line.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This board is 90% coping poorgays and /misc/tards, they don't even know what Bilstein makes without looking it up

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm new to off-roading, but after doing a rally, I found that I enjoy it. Something interesting to me is how often the "serious offroaders" break.

Picrel is next to the highway just outside Foum Zguid in Morocco. It's after making a round trip on the piste to Iriki and back. I drove out together with the guys in the Fuego, and we stopped to have a break after a difficult drive. I think they're topping up wiper fluid or other small task here.

In the background, you can see a 4x4 on jacks. It's having broken suspension components replaced by the mechanics that follow the rally in Morocco. The 4x4s queued up behind it are waiting for similar service. The mechanics made a lot of money that day.

We drove on the same piste. Why are the 4x4s (especially the Toyotas) destroying their suspensions while my unmodified 20 year old French city car and my friends' unmodified 30 year old French coupe handle the roads without problems?

The Death Valley road in the video looks like an easy drive compared to driving in the Sahara and west Africa. What possible excuse could there be for those "serious offroad" trucks to fall apart on roads that a fricking Twingo can handle without problem?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Why are the 4x4s (especially the Toyotas) destroying their suspensions while my unmodified 20 year old French city car and my friends' unmodified 30 year old French coupe handle the roads without problems?
        Toyota typically designs in reliability by undersizing their wheels for the use case. It gets completely tossed out the window the moment people toss in heavier and/or larger wheels. These vehicles are also just really heavy and that places a great deal of overall strain on suspension components. People no longer pack light when going off the beaten path ever since overlanding has glorified glamping.

The small city car owner has no such expectations so they just accept that it is what it is and drive it. They don't add many ridiculous things and spend on high dollar mods, they just drive. They're light, don't strain their components as much, so they go pretty far without any fuss.

The Twingo is also the car equivalent of ork memetics. People believe it can do anything, so it does anything. I do the same with my little hatchback. At work, there's a little spike strip that has to be driven over slowly to avoid popping tires. I installed a trailer hitch so that it smacks those spikes into the road where they belong. Add in half a ton of payload and it will do this on both axles as they pass by. The gate guards hate hearing the entire underside of the car crush the spikes into the speed bumps.

>death valley
        That's more a test of the cooling system than anything. Cars handle it fine, it's when vehicles are overloaded and run for too long when failures occur.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I think lightness definitely plays a part. Lots of people over pack. A light car that's lightly packed with only a single person in it removes a lot of energy from the system.

I'm not sure about the "ork memetics" aspect of it. I think it might be partially the opposite-- not overestimating vehicle capability. While a Twingo is special, I drove a lot of the time together with the guys in the Renault Fuego and some other guys in a Citroen Xantia. I don't think they had such memetics going for them.

FWIW I'm not sure there are many real 4x4s in that pic, the only one I can see for sure is the Pajero in the right and it seems fine. I think the jacked up one we see the rear end of is an LR2, which is a unibody AWD crossover so basically just a tall car, and I'm not sure about the other two next to it but they also look like crossovers.

fwiw those California desert washboard roads are also WAY more brutal than they look, I've been on some and the level of violence you experience when at the wrong speed or the wrong tire pressure is insane. I'm not sure exactly what the stuff you experienced is like, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Death Valley washboards were some of the worst in the world because the main causes of washboard are traffic volume and heavy vehicles and DV has both of those in spades, while the Sahara and West Africa roads probably see less vehicles and mostly lighter ones.

Other anon identified the other vehicles as W163s, which are body-on-frame vehicles. Sorry if I didn't capture a representative sample in the picture. I'll try to remember to do that next time.

Picture aside, I know of at least five Toyota 4x4s that broke springs-- 2x Land Cruisers (J100), a Prado (J90), and 2x 4Runners (N180). I also know of a HiLux that totally destroyed a shock, and a J100 Land Cruiser that sheared a ball joint. That comes from talking to other rally participants (ex. "it was amazing how fast the rally mechanics replaced our broken spring"), seeing the aftermath of "repairs" (ex. the 4runner that drove most of the rally with the opposite of a "Carolina squat" after rear spring failure early on), and from Facebook posts (ex. "Anyone know where I can get a left front ball joint for a J90 in Guinea!?").

Regarding washboard, I'm willing to believe its plenty bad. I haven't been in Death Valley, but I've spent some time in the Mojave and further south in Baja, and I had a chance to experience some of the roads. I also drove on washboard in Senegal (in my Twingo) that was so bad that it would bounce me off the seat until I slowed down. It's no joke. If there was similar washboard on their roads, I can understand failures occurring if they tried to just power through it. It would have been nice if they had shown such violent washboard in the video.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Toyota quality right there I guess. I do wonder if there are other factors involved though, like maybe the BoF drivers were more likely to overestimate their vehicles and be stupid with them, or some kind of survivorship bias where it's actually that the BoFs were able to make it to the base camp and get repaired while a similar percentage of unibodies were damaged but got knocked out entirely. Obviously you'd know better than me how that actually went down though.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

FWIW I'm not sure there are many real 4x4s in that pic, the only one I can see for sure is the Pajero in the right and it seems fine. I think the jacked up one we see the rear end of is an LR2, which is a unibody AWD crossover so basically just a tall car, and I'm not sure about the other two next to it but they also look like crossovers.

fwiw those California desert washboard roads are also WAY more brutal than they look, I've been on some and the level of violence you experience when at the wrong speed or the wrong tire pressure is insane. I'm not sure exactly what the stuff you experienced is like, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Death Valley washboards were some of the worst in the world because the main causes of washboard are traffic volume and heavy vehicles and DV has both of those in spades, while the Sahara and West Africa roads probably see less vehicles and mostly lighter ones.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The other two are 1st gen Mercedes MLs, which are "real trucks"

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Logaxlegays btfo

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>just buy a Toyota lol
    >it will be issue free for 200k miles lmao

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>it will be issue free for 200k mi-ACK!

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>All Tacomas are built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas (TMMTX) in San Antonio, Texas and Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Baja California (TMMBC) in Baja California, Mexico.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah? That's been true since 1995.5

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i think only tundras are built in texas and tacomas are all built in meh-hee-ko

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Whatever, it's beans assembling them either way.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Literally every option is a turdbo
    >$33000

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

they staged this for views. pure fake drama

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I could believe that from these guys. Did they ever show the dash?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>failstein shocks

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Tacoma's are probably the gayest truck there is, that includes unibody suv's with beds.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

GLADIATOR CHADS KEEP ON WINNING

3.6 PENT MASTER RACE.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Tacoma a shit. Hilux is the big dick ISIS cruiser

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I went to the tacoma world forumns and found out the tfl guys in their previous video were drag racing this taco in 4H at 85mph ish, and also just got back from moab with it 2-3 episodes ago. They basically beat the frick out of it for 3000 miles

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

link?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/tfl-just-broke-their-new-tacoma.826241/

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>the tfl guys in their previous video were drag racing this taco in 4H at 85mph ish
      Doing a 4hi launch is not "beating the shit out of the truck".

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

no but taking a transfer case that says to limit its speed to 20+ mph over its limit and for multiple takes is you dumb frick

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Every other transfer case on the market is still good at over 100mph in 4hi. Good fricking luck modding these when they can't even handle the stock 26'' tires without grenading the xfer case.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

So what? Don't you know how the world works? There are outliers in everything. This includes pickups that you abuse of course.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Its a small sample size; but it doesn't fill me with confidence. Watching the video they didn't push the truck very hard so it was definitely a lemon. Is it a fluke or a sign of a design failure? No way to know, so I'd wait for the next model year.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

A lot of speculation has turned to it maybe being the front diff that broke and not the transfer case, since the truck was still showing that it was in 4L and shifted between ranges without throwing warning lights or whatever.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Be dareful

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Aren’t they made in Mexico? No wonder they’re junk

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I bet it was the spline of the driveshaft up inside the transfer case.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>made in Mexico
    >breaks
    Gee who could have seen this coming?
    Toyotas are only reliable when made in Japan.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *