Petrol Or Diesel

I'm looking to buy an Audi A5 but the only ones I can find for sale in my country are diesel. Is there enough difference between a petrol and diesel to warrant waiting until a TFSI version pops up for sale or should I just go with diesel? I dont really care about fuel economy or reliability but more the feel of the car and how fun it is to drive.
I'm planning on modding and tuning the car a bit if that makes any difference.

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's not gonna be that fun regardless of what engine it has.
    They're more of freeway missiles

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I Know, Id love to go for a 3 litre beamer with rwd but insurance is a disaster in my country. I literally wont even be offered a price on anything with an engine bigger than 4 cylinders, even 2 litres is pushing it because it will be expensive. Do you know any cars I should look into that look good and are tunable with a smallish engine.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Where are you located?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Ireland

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Can't you import something cheap from the UK?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not really after Brexit. I'd be paying about 30% of the cars value for registration tax and VAT on top if its not from northern Ireland.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Bring it into Northern Ireland and import it through them

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This, some dealerships in northern Ireland will do this for you and have a system so you don't have to register it to an address before sending it over the border which is a ball ache if you don't have a friend in Ulster with an address you can borrow.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

get the diesel. the ea888 tfsi motors in that gen were complete garbage.

a 200hp 3600lb car is not a missle by any stretch of the imagination.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What makes it a bad engine. im looking for a 2015 or 2016 car. I heard the 2008 to 2012 TFSI engines had a lot of problems with burning oil and timing belts but were fixed in the next gen.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

they started using the ea888 gen 3 in different years in different countries. in america they used the gen 2 in all the B8s. find out which gen your car would have, if it's a gen 2 then avoid it at all costs. if it's a gen 3 you're probably fine.

Missile in the sense that they go fast at the top. Even the slow model does about 250km/h.
          And if he goes for a fast one without a limiter, he will be able to hit 300+

>high top speed
          sure, if you have an hour on a straight road i suppose you might be able to hit it. i think they're much better at lower speeds after some suspension work.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Missile in the sense that they go fast at the top. Even the slow model does about 250km/h.
        And if he goes for a fast one without a limiter, he will be able to hit 300+

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'd just get the diesel and tune it, ideally if you can find the 3.0tdi you'll have something decently quick on your hands.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>blacked out stanced A5 in pic
    >i want to modify it (probably identical to the pic)

OP is underage and hasn’t even sat his leaving cert

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You definitely drive a 2004 straight piped golf Lmao. Thats just a random picture i took of google images to ask a simple question.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

wrong, he's just a Black person

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I've never seen a nug in an Audi, it's always a Mercedes or a Chrysler 300 or somethin'

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nice pic but all black is gross in reality

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Diesel always. Diesel has more torque to make that awd really kick in

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Imagine even thinking some 2.0 petrol would be funnier than 3.0 V6 TDI

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

funny XD lmfao engine, yes

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If you want unfun engine just pick up any na gasoline

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have a 2.0TDI Cabrio with 190hp

Get the 3.0 TDI if you want sportiness, the 2.0 petrols were trash and the 3.0 TDI is the best engine after the V8s.
    With an exaust the V6 TDI sounds like a GT-R. It's cool.

Apart from the engine, get one with the Bang and Olufsen sound system(and MMI+ infotainment so you can bluetooth stream from your phone). Definitely worth it.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Get the 3.0 TDI if you want sportiness
      >tdi
      >sportiness
      and
      >With an exaust the V6 TDI sounds like a GT-R. It's cool.
      holy frick

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Turbodiesel is literal sport. The enormous torque quarantees faster acceleration. Petrol tfsi has no chances in speeds below 200 km/h

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PifWZBvvLps

Do you daily 200kmph+? Petrol
          Diesel otherwise.

all me

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Its also 70 kg heavier, making the weight distribution like 58/42% and the understeer even worse.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous
  8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

fricking ricer what the frick LAAAMOO

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

BLGUBWBKWBHR,BR,BLUBL I WILL DIE A VIRGGIN BLUBLUBLBIB I WILLL NEVER PASS ON MY GENES BLUBLBUBLUBH NO WOMAN EVER LOOKS AT ME

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Diesel, the answer is always diesel

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Diesel is only worth it if where you live they won’t bother you with emissions check so you can delete all the filters and egrs and associated crap.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'll break it down for you.

2.0 TDI pros & cons
    >common as frick, no shortage of parts
    >cheapest to maintain out of all 3 engines
    >honestly perfect for daily commute
    >enough torque to cruise around with a car full of girls and goodies in the boot
    >enough torque to climb hills and overtake slow c**ts
    >cheaper insurance and tax bracket
    >economic as frick
    >...
    >generic TDI 4-cylinder peasant sound
    >modifications are very pointless and limited, if you were too dump a ton of money getting the power up, you'd get 300hp at most and still get mogged by real performance cars

3.0 TDI pros & cons
    >the most bulletproof engine out of the 3
    >responds really well to small to moderate engine modifications
    >fuel economy is just as good as the 2.0 TDI and even better on the motorways because it doesnt have to work as hard to push the car
    >endless torque
    >GT-R sound from a diesel if you open up the exhaust system.
    >...
    >higher tax and insurance bracket
    >maintenance is slightly dearer than the 4-cylinder because its a bigger engine

2.0 TFSI
    >the liveliest engine out of the 3
    >unlike the diesels, it has less pulling power at low RPMs but pulls harder than the diesels at higher RPMs
    >responsive/jumpy engine, no sluggishness of the diesel
    >engine has way more tuning potential than the diesels
    >silky smooth idle and start up, the diesels feel like a truck when you start them up on cold winter mornings
    >tax insurance bracket is about the same as the 2.0 TDI
    >...
    >hearing a 4-cylinder ricer noise from an Audi is weird if you plan to modify it
    >older gen 2 engines have a horrible reliability reputation, make sure to get a GEN 3 2.0 TFSI.
    >due to petrol lacking the extra lubrication that diesel provides, its vital to change the oil and filter earlier than what Audi suggests to keep it happy
    >fuel economy isnt bad but worse than diesels

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Do you daily 200kmph+? Petrol
    Diesel otherwise.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

what model year is that ?
    why does it look 8 times cleaner than any production model I can find ?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

2012 or 13 to 2016 or 17, depending on where you are in the world. referred to as the B8.5 or B8 facelift. search for one of those with the black optics package to get you close.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

thanks, I'm not an Audi guy but that looks damn sleek.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

it is definitely a sleek car. the op image is likely also an RS5 judging by the bumper which would come with a 450hp V8 that redlines at 8300rpm.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *