please don't buy cheap tyres

had a crash touging a friend's nd2 miata while wearing LASSA driveways tyres (which I didn't check before jumping in the car otherwise I wouldn't have gone full send), the thing either understeered or oversteered randomly and in the end the front right popped out the wheel while braking into a left hander (probably doing around 80mph before braking) so we flew straight into a ditch. thankfully they could get the tyre back in place and nothing broke other than a front splitter plastic thing.

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Blame the tires instead of the shitty driver
    Skill issue also britgay

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

How do you skill a tire off a wheel?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

it doesnt take much skill

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>tires still very much on wheels
          your point?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>he doesn’t manage his tires

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It's definitely a skill issue if you can't tell understeer and oversteer apart

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Touge is not a verb.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Still issue from a moron that can't handle an FR

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>out of 44 tyres, these LASSA driveways came in 45th
    I was gonna make fun of you but these may just be that bad

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>buys a budget tyre
    >proceeds to hoon with said tyre
    >OH NO SAVE ME GHOST OF MICHEAL SCHUMACHER
    >ACCCCKKKK
    >blames the tyre

Put some Michelin's on next time, poorgay.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Car is not mine. My friend bought it from a big used car dealer which installed the shitty tyres so that they’re new in paper. He is not really into cars so he didn’t even notice the brand was crap. I didn’t check either so it’s entirely on me. Hopefully he buys some PS4S soon.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>not really into cars
        >has an nd2
        Gay??

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Blame the driver, not the tire. Plenty of idiots wrecking on expensive tires too.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Skill issue i rally on bald all weathers lool

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Alright I know I'm repeating myself here but OP has a tire pop off while hooning, proceeds to not actually crash, and you moronic crabs in a bucket are saying op is the moron? Most of you would wreck if you lost a tire on the way to work ffs.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Alright I know I'm repeating myself here but OP has a tire pop off while hooning, proceeds to not actually crash, and you moronic crabs in a bucket are saying op is the moron? Most of you would wreck if you lost a tire on the way to work ffs.
      Meanwhile I used to skid on the way to work on roads so narrow with bald skidders usually flat half the time and never crashed

Skill
      Issue

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Did one come off the rim randomly? Predictable low grip is one thing, finding yourself on bare metal is a whole nother issue. Maybe I can't read British and I'm misunderstanding OP?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Did one come off the rim randomly? Predictable low grip is one thing, finding yourself on bare metal is a whole nother issue. Maybe I can't read British and I'm misunderstanding OP?
          Yes actually ive rolled them off alot rallying and paddock bashing similar to what op was doing it happens
          Usually tyres dont debead randomly so either skill issue or unlucky (leaning towards skill issue because you should know the limits of your tyres)

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Not british I’m euro so sorry for weird english. You are understanding correctly.

That's one shitty looking road.

Point being op shouldn't have been rallying on such low profile tyres pushed so hard that they debeaded
          Next time get taller wider tyres run slightly chunkier tread

Are you assuming I was DIRT rallying?
          Pic related is the actual road, where you can see the skid the tyre made while braking and ‘debeading’ as you guys say.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

shit just doxxed the road well shit happens

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>shit just doxxed the road well shit happens
            And? Thats super weird it just popped off i remember my rc cars and ev scooters tyres used to spin on the rims so maybe thats what happened more of a twist off then a bead hop considering it was going into a corner under heavy braking

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

that's entirely possible as I obviously couldn't see what happened to the tyre while driving, during the corner it felt like it didn't steer or brake anymore, then went over the guardrail and into the ditch

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Driveway Sport+ is a quality tire.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

it probably came off the bead when you went off the road

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Not british I’m euro so sorry for weird english. You are understanding correctly.
            >Are you assuming I was DIRT rallying?
            >Pic related is the actual road, where you can see the skid the tyre made while braking and ‘debeading’ as you guys say.
            We just trying to get to the bottom of whatever happened
            Either the tyre wasn't seated correctly or just randomly popped off could have been under inflated or rim/tyre flatspot and or just dumb unlucky

Me personally have never had it happen on cheap tyres from skidders on stockies to bent rims ive cracked or smashed up gutters

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I think it was more a problem of these tyres not withstanding almost track-like conditions. I guess they're fine for commuting though.

https://i.imgur.com/KzaI1Kb.jpg

shit just doxxed the road well shit happens

you can see here the rubber was melting

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Always this car
    Always thse guys

Yeah. Blame the tyre

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

hankook rs4 my beloved

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That's one shitty looking road.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Point being op shouldn't have been rallying on such low profile tyres pushed so hard that they debeaded
    Next time get taller wider tyres run slightly chunkier tread

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Seems like a manufacturing defect and the tire maker is at fault here.
    I've drifted, autoX, hooned and done track days on $40 all-seasons for years. No tire should just pop off unless you go sideways at speed into a curb or gravel trap.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it can happen if the sidewall is too soft

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

This makes sense since all my tyres have been cheap but strong very heavy thick sidewalls

I think it was more a problem of these tyres not withstanding almost track-like conditions. I guess they're fine for commuting though.
        [...]
        you can see here the rubber was melting

Downsides of stickier tyres i guess there is such a thing as too much grip tyres can get Fricking hot

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I used a set of 100 usd Wanli china tires(the whole set was 100 usd for 15s...) on the track several times and aside from less grip then actual branded tires I never really had any problems with them so you're right even the sketchiest chinese tires shouldn't do that outside of manufacturing defects which must be what happened to OP.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>uses tooge as a verb
    >uses the word tooge in an otherwise english sentence
    >for that matter, uses "tooge" period, instead of 山道

Weeb moment

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They aren’t the same thing, weeb

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>w-w-w-well there's technically a slight difference in meaning!
        Call me Daddy if you're going to prostitute for my attention this hard.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>a sandwich and a hamburger are the same thing

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>didn't say my name

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

guy in the other office at my last job had an RF (I have a PRHT).
    One day going for some lunch I found it sideways halfway on the grass with the front end destroyed.
    I suppose if you have the money to waste on a brand new car, you probably can't drive it is the lesson.

in this case seems it may have de-beaded.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This kind of dumbass shit is exactly why I don't let other people drive my car

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>the thing either understeered or oversteered randomly
    nothing changes for 25 years, all of the sudden they put angry headlights and some LEDs and then this happens

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Do miatas really handle that bad? I’m assuming OP means the tyres were causing the car to have shit handling.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Being equally likely to understeer vs oversteer means the car is fairly neutral which is generally a good thing (you can induce some oversteer if you want, and all four wheels do their part in a turn). Miatas are fairly neutral, and very easy to recover from oversteer when it happens. No car handles well on linglongs.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I thought that was a T350 from the thumbnail. I don't know where I'm going with this but the Smolenski TVRs were all great looking cars.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I only buy Linglongs

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

formerly dingdongs

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The real question is is it pronounced "2-jing" or "toe-gay-ing"? Too-ging?

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Don't buy hankook, thats for sure. Knowing I did 140 on these with my family in the car, whew

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why would you go 140 with your family in the car in the first place?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

"Daddy I want to go fast" and my wife knows when to shut her mouth.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

looks like you ride with low tire pressure and shit alignment, nothing to do with handwiener

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Looks like you were running too much negative camber to me.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you are a shitty friend plain and simple

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Buddy, the tires didn't crash the car. You did. You tried to go too fast and you crashed the car.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

literal skill issue

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If one person can post photographic evidence they lost a tire while driving and didn't wreck I'll shut the frick up, but you can't skill your way out of losing a front tire entering a turn at anything above 15mph without wrecking. You're a bunch of bus riding teenagers with no cars and no experience. This thread is proof DA is dead.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

DA has been dead for years, it's mostly bots and busriders now. Most people with cool cars left a long time ago because you can't actually have a discussion about anything here

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

well how the frick are you supposed to prove that with a picture lmao

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I'd say OP covered it, skid mark and an unseated tire on the side of the road.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>rear tire
      Easy to catch, not a problem unless you're frickin moving
      >front tire
      Yeah you're fricked buddy

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

anon, cheap tires don't just come off the wheels, a bead is a bead
    it seems to me like you didn't check tire pressures before toojing, especially if it was, as you say, unpredictable

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why do people buy bottom of the barrel tires? If you're that poor can you even afford to keep a car on the road? Specially if it's a newer car like that miata.

There's no reason to at least go mid-tier. Mid-tier tires are so much better than garbage bin china tires.

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Literal skill issue like Senna you can’t turn left.

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

been there

atleast the US variant doesnt have the pedestrian catapult that destroys the hood and the airbag module

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>touging
    Why are you a homosexual?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *