Anonymous

My engine has both

Port injection's only useful purpose in 2024 is to keep the valves clean

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Port is better for cold starting too

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

port injection is far more reliable and cheaper to service because it operates at times lower pressures. enjoy replacing your fancy 500$ injectors every few years

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>enjoy replacing your fancy 500$ injectors every few years

Don't forget the injection pump. Mitsubishi GDI pumps from the 00's are basically gold dust right now. It's more cost effective to scrap the whole vehicle when you start seeing issues with your high pressure pump.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

100k km in 10 years and 0 issues reporting in

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Report in another 5-10 years. Youre heading into carbon buildup territory now unless you drive a lexus with the dual setup

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>every few years
            >works fine after 10 years
            >t-two more weeks and it will definitely break!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>What is build up?
            >What is wear and tear?
            >What are heat cycles?
            Mai frendo, are you new here?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>no really, two more weeks!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Im not

port injection is far more reliable and cheaper to service because it operates at times lower pressures. enjoy replacing your fancy 500$ injectors every few years

stop sperging

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Don't care

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Wow 62,000 miles!!!!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

My LS460's injectors and pumps are 17 years old

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>enjoy replacing your fancy 500$ injectors every few years

Don't forget the injection pump. Mitsubishi GDI pumps from the 00's are basically gold dust right now. It's more cost effective to scrap the whole vehicle when you start seeing issues with your high pressure pump.

Add the additional strain to timing chain/belt thanks to GDI pump and you get the biggest scam ever in automotive history.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

[...]
        Add the additional strain to timing chain/belt thanks to GDI pump and you get the biggest scam ever in automotive history.

Dont forget that all it takes is the seal between the high pressure pump and the cam lobe to go for the fuel to start pissing into the engine.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>fuel to start pissing into engine
          If the oil dilluting drips in every start-up weren't bad enough.

Direct injection truly living up to its name.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Port injection's only useful purpose in 2024 is to keep the valves clean

Port injection takes over completely after 6000 rpm. Direct injection doesn't have enough time to inject enough fuel, where port injection can spray during combustion and exhaust.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Direct injection takes over completely after 6000 rpm.
        Fixed. Direct injection has much higher pressure than port injection, so even 7500rpm is not problem for direct injection.

You get all the benefits of both: direct injection offers better fuel economy and power plus less tendency for detonation at high load, and port fuel injection has better efficiency at low load and for cold starts, and doesn't have the carbon build up issue that kills solely DI engines. Using both at once also has a stabilizing effect on combustion at medium loads. The only downsides are extra cost and weight, but I would rather pay more up front to have a more reliable system than to pay less for just direct injection and have major engine repairs down the road because of carbon buildup.

Direct injection also makes it possible to increase engine compression ratio way higher, making the engine more efficient than port injection.

[...]

Forced induction puts even more strain than direct injection. I like the combined port injection & direct injection, it should be mandatory for all cars gasoline engines.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Direct injection also makes it possible to increase engine compression
          This is not true at all.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Direct injection reduces the possibility of knock compared to indirect injection, everything else being the same, because the fuel is evaporating inside the hot cylinder instead of the near ambient temperature in the manifold. So unless max engine compression isn´t limited by knock, direct injection helps to increase engine compresssion.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This makes no sense.
            Engine compression is a fixed value when the engine is manufactured. It is a ratio of the swept volume of a cylinder when the piston is at BDC and the the remain unswept volume when the piston is at TDC.
            How the fuel is injected does not change compression ratio.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nobody was saying that adding direct injection to an engine increases compression by itself, the wording is that it makes it possible to increase the compression ratio (the engine would be manufactured with).

Like you could also add direct injection without changing the compression ratio and it would have some benefits even if the overall power would not change.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>direct injection helps to increase engine compresssion.
            I must have misread exactly what was typed.
            Also the negatives or DI outweigh port injection greatly in my opinion.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Since when "helps to increase" is the same as "increases by itself"? Maybe if i wrote "helps if you want to increase" it would have been even more clear, but i don't see how you were confused.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Direct injection is better for rentals. Just like maccas.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Both > either

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>all that extra shit for what exactly
      No thanks

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Not having to blast walnuts at your valves

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

That's why I have port injected engine

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You get all the benefits of both: direct injection offers better fuel economy and power plus less tendency for detonation at high load, and port fuel injection has better efficiency at low load and for cold starts, and doesn't have the carbon build up issue that kills solely DI engines. Using both at once also has a stabilizing effect on combustion at medium loads. The only downsides are extra cost and weight, but I would rather pay more up front to have a more reliable system than to pay less for just direct injection and have major engine repairs down the road because of carbon buildup.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Double your injectors for half the benefit!
          Follow me for more ̶j̶e̶w̶i̶s̶h̶ business tips!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>double
            you only need one port injector you silly man

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

7/10.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

You could also kill the carbon buildup issues with a very good oil catch can and by disabling the egr, but it's no surprise why manufactures figure out that fitting more injectors is a more practical solution.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The port injection also helps at high RPM.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>they need injection
    safe and effective

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They wanted to inject me with the coof virus first and now they want to inject my car?!?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *