Portland Drivers

Is there a place with worse drivers than this town? The speed limits are appallingly low yet the local drivers still seem to struggle with the most basics of tasks... like driving at the speed limit or coming to a stop.

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yes, same thing but for any major city.
    If anything city drivers are far more aggressive than country cucks.
    .t former slicker dealing with cucks

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Yes, same thing but for any major city.
      Lol, no. The people here are a special breed of bad driver.

>The speed limits are appallingly low
      Everyone just goes 72 in the 50. Cops don't pull you over. It's just universally accepted.

Seems more like 1/3rd of the people are trying to go a normal speed (like 70 on the freeway). 1/3rd of the people are driving at exactly the speed limit in random lanes. And 1/3rd of the people are terrified of the freeway and keep dropping down to 40mph when they stop paying attention to the car up their ass.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The left land is usually doing 70+ sometimes you'll get some moron doing 60 and not moving over so you just pass on the right, it's whatever.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Where the frick are you driving? Every time I get on the freeways there are people across multiple lanes doing exactly the 55mph speed limit with half the freeway stuck behind them. Then when there is an opening OF COURSE the first driver through aggressively takes the opening and immediately slows down right to the speed limit continuing the blockade for everybody else.
          People have no idea how to work in traffic. When there is an opening to pass a left lane camper you get as many cars through that as possible. You don't just go through it yourself and cruise, you think about everybody behind you that also wants to get through.

I'm in Louisville and it's a complete lawless wasteland. I don't think most drivers even have licenses.

CA was a lawless free for all, but at least people had some urgency and were trying to get places
          >In CA as long as whatever you just did in traffic didn't make somebody else have to slow down or tap their brakes, its cool

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Where the frick are you driving?
            Primarily 26, 405 and i5.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The left land is usually doing 70+ sometimes you'll get some moron doing 60 and not moving over so you just pass on the right, it's whatever.

Where the frick are you driving? Every time I get on the freeways there are people across multiple lanes doing exactly the 55mph speed limit with half the freeway stuck behind them. Then when there is an opening OF COURSE the first driver through aggressively takes the opening and immediately slows down right to the speed limit continuing the blockade for everybody else.
        People have no idea how to work in traffic. When there is an opening to pass a left lane camper you get as many cars through that as possible. You don't just go through it yourself and cruise, you think about everybody behind you that also wants to get through.

[...]
        CA was a lawless free for all, but at least people had some urgency and were trying to get places
        >In CA as long as whatever you just did in traffic didn't make somebody else have to slow down or tap their brakes, its cool

i'm a new driver but i've definitely noticed that the morons around here go way too fricking slow in the left lane. people don't know how to drive properly on the freeway and have zero awareness of surrounding traffic.

As a Portland driver I can provide you with a simple explanation:

Driving in Portland is not a sober occasion

this lmao

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Everyone just goes 72 in the 50. Cops don't pull you over. It's just universally accepted.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm in Louisville and it's a complete lawless wasteland. I don't think most drivers even have licenses.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It doesn't matter because there's barely any traffic cops to enforce it
    t. I drive like a nut all over Portland

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

there's a reason why cops don't care about stupid traffic violations anymore

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You know they don't care about the murders either, right?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I don't think they care about anything at this point.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>You know they don't care about the murders either, right?

It's a similar ailment to what brought Detroit down after several decades. The people (in detroit and portland) both complained about crime, but kept on electing highly liberal politicians that maintained diversity ideology and crime statistics reduction which increased the actual crime. The voter base was dominated by ideological voters and this destroyed the city. But despite that, the voters refused to stop voting that way.

As a result, you end up with a demoralized police force. They become officers and wait for their cushy retirement as millionaires.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Why would you drive into a crowd like that? If i know theres riots or parades, i stay away from that area. if I drove up to the perimeter of the group, id back out or U-turn

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That almost happened to me near Lloyd center during the protest era. Come around the corner and protesters are blocking the street. Banged a quick U and was out.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You know they don't care about the murders either, right?

I don't think they care about anything at this point.

I wonder why that's the case

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I drive like a grandma whenever I'm up there because my mom works with law enforcement and it would be really shamful dispray to get pulled over.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

great shame on famiry

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

As a Portland driver I can provide you with a simple explanation:

Driving in Portland is not a sober occasion

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Driving in Portland is not a sober occasion
      So this is why everybody looks like they are working so hard not to crash?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Driving in Portland is not a sober occasion
      So this is why everybody looks like they are working so hard not to crash?

do people ride bikes there often? sounds like a bad place to ride.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It rains like half the year so it's not ideal for motorcycles. And it gets pretty cold.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

So? I'm high from the moment I wake up and and I still get held up by homosexuals in the left lane. Puff puff and pass to/on the right.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Is there a place with worse drivers than this town?
    Like any place with a mix of drivers, we mostly remember the bad drivers. We may remember the good ones such as the one in front of us at the stop light in the right lane that moved over to the left lane when he saw my right turn light flashing. All that so I could make a right turn while the light was red. I remembered that and do the same now.

While we remember the bad ones, it's that Portland is a bit more unique. The voter base was highly liberal and elected politicans with activism against police. As a result of defunding the police, there aren't enough of them on the road to hand out tickets unless it is the obligatory few traffic enforcement officers at a speed trap.

At least be glad that Portland drivers usually have driver licenses and insurance. Up north from you, Seattle is a terrible place with lots of diversity drivers with licenses or without insurance. Some will also break your window and take your dashcam in order to prevent you from getting them prosecuted for hit and run. the news won't broadcast the problem due to the diversity element. You have to look at the police blotter at the police station to see that kind of news.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why is it that everybody in the PNW is so hellbent on this kind of explanation. The reddits for seattle and portland are full of it.

>well actushully every major city has problems and you are just remembering the bad ones here.

Dude, I travel all over for work. I have recently lived in 4 states. Driving in Portland is objectively a shit show relative to everywhere else I have been. same goes for the homeless and the cops.

>At least be glad that Portland drivers usually have driver licenses and insurance.
      HAHAHAHAHA do you have any idea how many cars are missing plates or have out of date registration in Portland?

[...]
      [...]
      i'm a new driver but i've definitely noticed that the morons around here go way too fricking slow in the left lane. people don't know how to drive properly on the freeway and have zero awareness of surrounding traffic.
      [...]
      this lmao

The biggest issue I see is that people think cautiousness is a replacement for competency.
      A: If they have to be this cautious they shouldn't be doing it in the first place
      B: Cautiousness has never been a replacement for competency, if you can't do the thing it doesn't matter how carefully you fail at doing it.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

This is the reason I've heard is that everyone drives like a pussy and that's how they were taught. So they'll all just sit at a 4-way stop and signal for the other person to go first. No one has the balls to go first and seem "impolite."

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I was in St. Louis for the eclipse, people were acting flat out moronic. Speeding up, slowing down, in a cycle over and over. Turning on the opposite signal then swerving across multiple lanes.

I was almost convinced I was in a comic skit or something, they were so intent on crashing. What's weird is that all the out-of-state plates, the tourists, were actually driving pretty well. It was all the Missouri plates that were acting like tards.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Keep voting democrat

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Libtard syndrome

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I moved up here from the bay area 3 years ago. I thought people drove like shit where I come from but it is on an entirely different level up here.
    People just ride in your blind spot, then pretend that there blinker creates a magical force feild and just switch lanes without looking.
    People tailgate at 80+mph flashing there head lights.
    People just abandon there cars in the middle of the freeway when it snows.

It's fricking wild.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The bay area is a free for all. A free for all that works fairly well all things considered.

>then pretend that there blinker creates a magical force feild and just switch lanes without looking.
      I love the brain interrupt it causes people here when I don't let them in just because they put their blinker on. I've also noticed many people here don't check to see if they are changing lanes in front of somebody going faster than they want to go. Like the left lane can be going 70 and somebody will merge into it, usually cutting somebody off then proceed to do 55mph.

>People just abandon there cars in the middle of the freeway when it snows.
      I could not believe people left their cars there for that long, and I really couldn't believe ODOT kept the freeways open with abandoned cars across all lanes.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, Hongcouver. I don't need to say any more than that.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I drive from salem to Longview every day. The drivers actually get substantially better on the washington side.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Vancouver, Canada. Washington is Fine.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>I drive from salem to Longview every day
        Jesus fricking christ. Why. I'd KMS.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Why
          About $125k a year

Ugh, I am sorry dude. I hope you are doing that off commute hours for your sanity.

It's shift work so I only have to deal with commute hours for 2 weeks every 6 weeks. It usually only takes about an hour and a half each way.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Why not move closer?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's a long story but, we will be looking in about 2 years or so. I like kalama.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I recently moved from Rockwood to Hillsboro. Night and day difference.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Ugh, I am sorry dude. I hope you are doing that off commute hours for your sanity.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Portland, Denver, Austin, De Moines, and any other city or region that's being flooded with illegals and leftists fleeing leftist state policies will have a shitload of different driving cultures smashed together and everyone just gets confused
    There used to be etiquette and different regions still have it, but not these ones

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *