post crash road anxiety

Driving used to be something I loved, but then a day drinking driver rear-ended the truck behind me so hard it pushed me into a busy intersection and oncoming traffic collided into my driver side. Since then, I always feel an uneasy anxiety on the road, and it hasn't gone away after years. I can't even listen to the radio, talk to passengers, or touch my phone when I drive. I'm like hyper aware scared cat every time I get behind wheel. Has anyone else experienced this? How did you overcome it or at least start enjoying driving again?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just nut up and drive, you'll probably get into an accident by being an anxiety ass motherfricker.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

its an involuntary reaction i feel in my chest and stomach the second i leave my driveway and i dont know how to turn it off

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

have a beer or two to calm your nerves

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I know it's a stupid movie but that scene is fire

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Have a drink or two first to calm your nerves

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

oh shit kek I guess you already beat me

have a beer or two to calm your nerves

to it

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>a day drinking driver rear-ended the truck behind me so hard it pushed me into a busy intersection and oncoming traffic collided into my driver side.
    This happened to my mother, except it wasn't a day drinker, but a Laquisha. My mother hasn't driven in about two years now and gets driven around by my father.
    I don't know man... take it slow and get used to driving without a lot of people around early Sunday morning?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>take it slow and get used to driving without a lot of people around early Sunday morning
      ill give it a shot. ill probably have to pull over a lot and take breaks but ill try it

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I rolled a Veloster into a ditch one year ago and now I'm getting speeding tickets in a Prius. Frick it.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

see a head doctor because it sounds like it is unironically affecting your day to day life well after the incident. could very well be ptsd

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get your testosterone levels checked, no I am not kidding and no I do not mean that insultingly.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>or touch my phone when I drive
    Good. As for your other question you could act like you're 16 again and go drive around a cemetery or inactive side streets just to get the feel of not getting rammed by braindead zombies back. And then lobby your state government to have at fault drivers executed.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My tire burst on the motorway and I just barely made it off the next junction two miles away. Knocked my confidence for ages but now I'm driving like a c**t again. Just take your time and keep at it.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Totally natural. I’ve been in 2 accidents, both my fault. One was pretty big, other was minor. The bad one was me slamming into the back of a van in my dad’s little car and smashing it up real good. Got air bagged and everything. Walked away without a scratch but the feeling of crunching into the car, airbags, the noise, the adrenaline was insane for weeks after. Still have nightmares years later about getting into another accident and all the feeling comes rushing back. Just have to push through it and trust yourself. If someone had gotten hurt in the accident it would probably be worse. You got this anon. Pic related was my car after the accident.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sue for damages

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Two months ago I was involved in a crash that left three dead and eleven cars crashed, including mine. Just accept there is some things that you have no control over, but they are the exception and not the rule. If you found out the world is going to end tomorrow, what can you do? Just cut those variables out of your mind and focus on what you can control.

It was a drunk mexican going the wrong way on an unlit highway with his lights off at midnight btw.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

in phoenix?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

California

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This happened to me with a motorcycle. I haven't been able to ride one since.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Couple Xanax bars bro you'll be right as rain maybe a few beers as well ease the nerves you know couple roxies too why not enjoy yourself a bit

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this but trade at least one of those for a couple joints. Or make it a night cruise eith a few blunts

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *