Post old car tech

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I agree. anything made by honda is old and outdated and useless, even when it came out

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

ricer

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Honda makes good stuff, you don’t know.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah everything has got plastic intake manifolds, rocker covers and even sumps these days

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I too browse facebook marketplace OP

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Can you get those on FB marketplace?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

ALL DAY EVERY DAY

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

muffler

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The nice thing about a carb is once it's tuned it works great. Even better thanks to the idle circuit you get some nice pops and bangs when engine braking.

https://i.imgur.com/l6aVWik.png

This is as far as HVAC should have ever gone. Hiding shit into a screen for something so simple is moronic.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>The nice thing about a carb is once it's tuned it works great.
        >t.flatlander

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>he doesn't know

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>three knob manual AC
      Hey now, the German and Korean brands still offer that in many cars' base trim levels.
      I swear they make it look as cheap and shitty as possible on purpose so that buyers are motivated to pick the next trim, the one without the embarrassing 1980s tumble dryer style control panel.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
        My old Volvo has three knobs even tho it has full ACC.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That one doesn't look bad. Fits in, and has a temperature setting with automatic fan speed, which is enough convenience for me.
          What I find truly silly is that many cars these days feature several computer displays, probably dozens if not hundreds of automated control systems + sensors, more source code than a person could read in a lifetime, etc. And then the base model comes with a completely manual 3-knob AC that looks like it came from a 1980s car. Or a tumble dryer.
          Fiddling with that hot/cold knob can get pretty tedious if you live in a country where the weather changes so much that you can practically experience 3 or more climates in one week.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Meh, my daily shitbox has old school three knobs and the weather here in Sweden can be pretty varied. I've had it this way in all cars I've had except the Volvo. To me it has just become second nature in the same way as driving a manual.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

God forbid you have to turn a knob one notch every couple days

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>every couple days
            More like every time you get in the car and then every couple of minutes until it is at the correct position for the current hour's weather.

if it did it wouldn't need a big glass collector so I assume the vacuum just pulls the glass into low pressure and has a filter over it so ash can't actually get into the intake

[...]
            I do sometimes but only when I'm somehow tired of my CDs and my mp3 collection. It's normally ultra shit with only a few stations worth listening to ever, and out of those stations it's 50% ads and 25% lame music anyway

[...]
            >Fiddling with that hot/cold knob can get pretty tedious ... 3 or more climates in one week.
            are you genuinely autistic or cripped or something?

>are you genuinely autistic or cripped or something?
            No, I have standards.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>More like every time you get in the car and then every couple of minutes until it is at the correct position for the current hour's weather.
            that's normal, dude. you have autism. sorry

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>More like every time you get in the car and then every couple of minutes until it is at the correct position for the current hour's weather.
            that's normal, dude. you have autism. sorry

I've driven several cars where the ACC overshoots from the setpoint anyways, so you still have to micromanage it.
            All Toyotas I've driven run the heat too hard in the winter and AC too hard in the summer.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no, you leave it on one setting and open the windows for the first minute or two you're in the car
            t. texasgay

[...]
            I've driven several cars where the ACC overshoots from the setpoint anyways, so you still have to micromanage it.
            All Toyotas I've driven run the heat too hard in the winter and AC too hard in the summer.

this, auto A/C sounds so great in theory but every car I've been in with it, it was more annoying than just regular A/C, very disappointing.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The odd thing is, my Volvo does it perfectly, and it's almost 30 years old. But it's basically the only car I've had that experience in.

https://i.imgur.com/FFkj3Jv.png

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
            My old Volvo has three knobs even tho it has full ACC.

You'd think the Japanese would know how to design an ACC since they have very varied climate, but Japanese cars are the absolute worst in my experience, they only get the temperature right on tempered overcast days and frick up hard the rest of the time.
            Same thing about the cruise control, Toyotas can be downright scary in cruise, overshooting like 10kph or more when it gets a bit hilly. It's like they never learned how to do PID.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

do people actually bother with "automatic" AC?
          Genuine question as neither I nor anybody I know actually uses that function.
          What's the difference.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

sidenote that might be of importance: I'm italian and we're notoriously anal with anything AC

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I'm Italian
            Okay Mexican

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

sidenote that might be of importance: I'm italian and we're notoriously anal with anything AC

Most people I know adjust the temperature on their ACC all the time, so I guess the answer is maybe lol.
            They think they bought a smart car that made their live easier, but they're still twiddling knobs, buttons and touch sensitive shit without even thinking about how shit it actually is.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I do
            Not all automatic climate controls are created equal though

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The ones in Audis and VWs are generally pretty good. They've got that autistic German precision, I guess.
            I've had to fiddle with a Toyota's AC before to stop it from just blasting hot or cold when the temp was already fine, though setting it to "Eco" mode seemed to calm it down a bit.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

my cressida's auto AC was surprisingly good. kinda interesting setup too, it had an in car sensor behind a little grille in the climate control panel, an ambient temp sensor in front of the hood latch, and a solar sensor in the corner of the dash, all to maintain constant temp.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That sounds like how it's supposed to be done. I wonder how many cents per car some makers are saving by just half assing trivial shit like this.
            Basic sensors and microcontrollers cost almost nothing these days, although I suppose assembling, moisture-proofing and wiring would add something to that cost.
            Maybe it's just an organization / competence problem on some level.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

saving 10 cent per car for god knows how many cars = millions

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is unironically better than the new climate control bollocks

https://i.imgur.com/Lh7g4UJ.png

great sound, negligible performance gain

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Vacuum operated.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Does it suck the ashes into the intake?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

if it did it wouldn't need a big glass collector so I assume the vacuum just pulls the glass into low pressure and has a filter over it so ash can't actually get into the intake

https://i.imgur.com/qv3NoyW.jpeg

6-CD changer and tape player. Who even listens to the radio these days?

I do sometimes but only when I'm somehow tired of my CDs and my mp3 collection. It's normally ultra shit with only a few stations worth listening to ever, and out of those stations it's 50% ads and 25% lame music anyway

That one doesn't look bad. Fits in, and has a temperature setting with automatic fan speed, which is enough convenience for me.
        What I find truly silly is that many cars these days feature several computer displays, probably dozens if not hundreds of automated control systems + sensors, more source code than a person could read in a lifetime, etc. And then the base model comes with a completely manual 3-knob AC that looks like it came from a 1980s car. Or a tumble dryer.
        Fiddling with that hot/cold knob can get pretty tedious if you live in a country where the weather changes so much that you can practically experience 3 or more climates in one week.

>Fiddling with that hot/cold knob can get pretty tedious ... 3 or more climates in one week.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Does it suck the ashes into the intake?

which one of your grandpas made a blowjob machine out of it

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Less effort to ask your mom

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>ash cigarette
      >car runs like shit

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Theres your damn ashtray. Also works for trash

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Those older cans were better. The new ones with all the safety bullshit on them are a pain.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

2 stroke

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Good riddance

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This one is truly baffling. I will neither understand the point nor accept any "reasons".

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Its clearly to make cars easier to steal

we reached a peak with keys and immobilisers

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I like an ignition. No bullshit just works.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>No bullshit just works
        that's not really true. I had a '93 integra GSR that the ignition switch or some related component failed so the keys did nothing. Ignitions can jam and get stuck, keys can get stuck and snapped off. They arent fool proof

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Most times when one has a problem it's usually due to someone having way too many things on their keys or it has sat for a long time and seized up.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

kek id litreally take my cars broken ignition barrels and locks over keyless SHTIT

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Same here

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

baset

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I remember my dad's Nova had one of these
    You really cant even bolt anything under the dashboard anymore

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How to make anything in but White, Silver, Black or Red paint is lost technology

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

except apparently gay homosexual rainbow colors from Toyota who gladly painted a bunch of their vehicles in those colors.

It’d be funny for the alphabet crowd to DEMAND more color options from dealers instead of just NPC white/grey and unwashed/dirty black (the black is exclusively chosen because it hides grime and dirt)

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Still think Plum Crazy and Panther Pink are some of the greatest paint names ever produced, in their time. Course back in the day you didn't need to be ashamed of liking rainbows and if anyone called you a homosexual because of your car you just beat the fricking shit out of them in the car park with a tyre iron... which homosexuals now probably don't have because run-flats.
        Today we could call them Graped Ape and Prolapse Petunia

The Dark Tan or Burgundy with a mica through it could look shit hot

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

couldn't even find a .gif of a retractable antenna (that never quite goes all the way down)

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The old french "umbrella shifter"

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Column-shift manuals are basically the best anti-theft device around, barely anyone who's a fatherless degenerate is going to know how they work

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I've always wanted to drive.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

6-CD changer and tape player. Who even listens to the radio these days?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I wear radio/bluetooth earmuffs at work and I listen to music or podcasts all day, but sometimes I get sick and just chill with some classical or jazz radio. No commercials on those stations.
      Regular radio is moronic with the same 5 commercials every 2 or 3 songs.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Regular radio is moronic with the same 5 commercials every 2 or 3 songs.
        Not to mention weird beeps and sound effects that should be fricking banned.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Dont forget unfunny talkshows with insufferable hosts that take themselves way too serious instead of shutting up and playing music.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

[...]

[...]

I wear radio/bluetooth earmuffs at work and I listen to music or podcasts all day, but sometimes I get sick and just chill with some classical or jazz radio. No commercials on those stations.
      Regular radio is moronic with the same 5 commercials every 2 or 3 songs.

>Regular radio is moronic with the same 5 commercials every 2 or 3 songs.
      Not to mention weird beeps and sound effects that should be fricking banned.

Dont forget unfunny talkshows with insufferable hosts that take themselves way too serious instead of shutting up and playing music.

Holy shit that's a lot of radio hate, lol. You just gotta find a station you like. The only bad thing about radio is when they start broadcasting college sports. The radio is super useful for weather forecast and local news. Plus the price is right, free fiddy free.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Here in Sweden we have a station called Star FM. It's basically as good as it gets, pretty comfy hosts that don't talk too much, only music from the 70s to the 90s. The only thing that takes away from the comfyness is the news and the commercials, but that's what the volume knob's for.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>You just gotta find a station you like.
        I have a few, but even among those half the time they're playing ads. And not cool ads, really annoying ones. The 80s station ends up having ads about gay shit like iphone apps that really ruins my whole vibe and makes me ragequit the radio when I hear them, for example. The jazz station doesn't have ads but they have literal hours of donation begging which would be fine if they weren't in giant block segments. The only one that has little of either is the classical station but I'm only rarely in the mood for classical music.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>You just gotta find a station you like
        They all follow the same formula.
        either that or its hillbilly trash.
        >The radio is super useful for weather forecast and local news
        Frick no I dont want to hear that shit either. Just play damn music. no talk shit.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>They all follow the same formula.
          >either that or its hillbilly trash.

there are also public and non-profit radio stations. In my car I mainly listen to the local "community radio" non-profit station. There are a variety of radio programs depending on the day of week and time of day. Tune it at one time it's mexican music, another time it's jazz, or blues, or psychedelic rock. Sometimes it's weird world music from the middle east or European folk music or something. Other times it's talk radio about local issues. Very good station.

Another one is a local station that started out as a college radio station but became a real station with a bigger broadcasting tower. Funded through a mix of donations and ads. They actually play good music, mainly "alternative rock" but actually a lot of indie stuff, not just the same shit on the mainstream alt-rock station.

And then as of a couple years ago we finally got a Classical Radio station again, I often listen to that while cruising around.

Other than that, there's the tried and true Classic Rock station, and we also have a talk radio station on FM that has Coast to Coast AM if you're driving around late at night and want better audio quality than what's on the AM station.

Radio is critically underrated and if you swear off the entire medium you really are missing out

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

t. boomer

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

A surprising amount of normies still do.
      I do listen to the NPR music station sometimes because
      1. it doesn't have commercials
      2. I can't be bothered to build my own classical music playlist

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's funny how cam in block is still relevant in today's word because of plant engines

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>simpler
      >more reliable
      >less shit to go wrong
      >easier to swap and upgrade, repair
      >still able to hit 8, 9, 10k rpm with money

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

yes, though not by much
        >>more reliable
        absolutely not lmfao
        >>less shit to go wrong
        nope
        to swap and upgrade, repair
        possibly
        able to hit 8, 9, 10k rpm with money
        nope

20. 2 weeks ago
    I love
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Padded steering wheels?

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Just don't floor it

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Used to deal with vac wipers a lot.
      Tricks you can do-
      Install a modern vac reservoir. It'll cover most WOT/Low vac conditions.
      Install a mechanical fuel pump with a vacuum pump. (Used to be an option on cheaper cars, and standard on really nice ones or military/industrial equipment)
      And (If they still exist) install an electric vacuum booster pump. I used to have to do this on a lot of older pickups, especially Dodge WC's.

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I want balls cooler back

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *