Priuses (Priusi?)

First time car buyer here, just took a 2016 Prius C with 133k miles to an independent mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection and it looks like everything is golden, besides the 12v which the dealer will replace gratis.
Does anyone here drive a Prius? I never see any threads about them or other hybrids. Out here on the west coast of the USA, they're fricking everywhere, mostly gen 2 and 3. I was just wondering if you guys have any opinions (re: memes) about them.
picrel

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>priuses?
    >priusi?
    prii

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/kdLIzim.png

The latin plural of Prius is Priora.
      Pre-oh-ra.

looks like they actually bothered adding it to the Wikipedia article

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Prussy

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>mpg mogged by vw tdi
      Nothing personal

Priua

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

what models are you talking about, exactly?

2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Mouse
    Mice

Prius
    Price

3. 1 week ago
    p™

GM Volt is infinitely better

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

looked into those, they seem pretty unreliable and expensive when they fail

https://i.imgur.com/kdLIzim.png

Pre-oh-ra.

i like this answer best

• 1 week ago
        p™

>they seem pretty unreliable and expensive when they fail
        Completely backwards and wrong, but thats fine, you have to have a pretty high IQ to understand how great the GM Volt is.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

ok tripgay

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Well, the Volt II is actually a well performing and reliable car. I don't know about it in 2024 but I knew people that drove them 100miles a day or so and never had a major problem, anywhere.

Prius is a very good car. Just get it. Few people buy them because they are cost prohibitive for new, and old ones usually have a dead battery.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

I read some horror stories about the Volt and decided to hedge my bets by going for that Toyota reliability. Just got approved for a loan, gonna head down to the dealership in a bit here.
          (:

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Go ahead and go for it, Prius and OLDER Camry Hybrid are indeed better cars. Volt I isn't the good one, Volt II is BUT BUT BUT it's a gamble.

If you get a Volt II and had bad luck you are seriously fricked. They need to have quality and accurate electrical systems or you are super fricked. Must be good with service and must have had the worker doing wiring paid attention!

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Pre-oh-ra.

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>Does anyone here drive a Prius?
    I used to own a Gen 2, which is nigh-unkillable outside of rust and oil starvation. The Prius C you’re looking at is essentially a shortened Gen 2 with worse gas mileage.

It’s a great choice for an appliance car and extremely practical, they just have very few bells and whistles prior to Gen 4s to make you forget that you’re driving an appliance unless you pick one up with JBL speakers.

Also, they require about 10 minutes of running time to reach peak fuel efficiency. If a decent chunk of your driving is done in shorter bursts than that, get one of the Prime or plug-in models if you can afford it.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I was assured it will get about 50 mpg which is more than enough for me. I view it as an appliance, so that's fine. Allowing it to warm up is also not an issue, though I certainly appreciate you letting me know.

https://i.imgur.com/qKZl7Dc.png

[...]
      looks like they actually bothered adding it to the Wikipedia article

>prii
      eh
      Thanks for taking the time to look it up though.

6. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

My roommate drove a prius c and abused the dog piss out of it. Took it off road, never did maintenance, hit animals (mostly geese), installed an inverter and powered a beer fridge, 500 mile road trips for the cost of a pizza, fricking everything you could do with one. It never suffered anything worse than dirty filters or needing panels pushed back into place. The prius used to be the hated pussy-drying wagon only homosexuals who cried when they ejaculated rode around in, but now it's THE econobox to end econoboxes. Get it, treat it well, and it'll run come hell or high water.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

Legend.

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I had a 2013 Prius 4. I put on almost 200k 100% trouble-free miles before I traded it in for a new F-150. The trugg gave me a CEL in the second month of ownership.

If I were in the market for a fuel sipper I would absolutely look at Priuses again.

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

fukken bought it
    lovin it so far

9. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I had a first-gen for awhile. It was forgotten at the back lot of a used car dealer, had to be jumpstarted to run and had hybrid warning lights and a bad cluster. Bought it for 1500, replaced the 12v battery, rebuilt the HV pack with gen2 cells, replaced the cluster, and its trucked on fine. Sold it to my cousin for what I had into it for his daughter's first car. She had it for two years and it got totaled by porch monkeys in a hit and run. I ended up with the pack again and I don't know what to do with it.

10. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I drive one and it's the worst hunk of shit I've ever driven, and my first car was a beater high mileage Nissan Sentra. Bought a 2015 Prius with 80k miles and everything that can go wrong went wrong. I'm never buying a Toyota again because this is the second one of their cars that had major issues at or before 80k miles. They're not fricking reliable, half the shit on them is plastic. The damn thing us falling apart, tranmission issues, suspension shot, sway bars about to fricking snap off it feels like, touchscreen too dim, seat belt springs broke, just everything from major to minor issues.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

shit, that sucks anon
      hope i have better luck than you
      any head gasket or hybrid battery issues?

11. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

OP here
    my cars manual smells good
    whats up with that

12. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

i daily my wifes 2016 prius C and once I got over the hump of driving a prius it became mad comfy

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

the seats are kinda hard but i get you

13. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I hate how much I like the look of the new Prius Primes because I am absolutely not going to spend that much on a fricking Prius

14. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Hasn't this Prius C been sold in the US yet?
    It looks stupid, but the actual fuel consumption is the best among Japanese cars.
    Moreover, there is also an AWD model.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

This Prius C is equipped with a new type of battery on a trial basis
      Currently, only Lexus and other luxury cars are equipped with this battery

15. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

What an ugly, gay little car. I would run you off the road in my AU if I saw you driving one of those in my town.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

i doubt it

16. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

once i found an XW20 prius in a junkyard and pulled the transmission for a cool $90. took it home, disassembled it. removed MG1 and MG2 and attached them to a bicycle - one bigass permanent magnet motor on each wheel. Connected the rear to a big 3-phase inverter i had lying around (am engineer and i steal from work sometimes) with some long cables, sat on the seat and turned it on.
    the motor made the 20 pound bike do an instant power wheelie/backflip and threw me off the bike into a carpentry table, like a shitty WWE bootleg. When i came to, the bike had tangled itself in the motor cables and ripped them clean off the inverter terminals. 10/10 would prius swap a child's bicycle again.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *