Qrd on the gr86

Qrd on the gr86

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Affordable boy racer car. You won't win any straight line races but that's fine, just don't rev it too much next to any minivans at red lights if you don't want to be embarrassed.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Is 34 too old for boy racing

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

No if you like something just buy it.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Nope.
        It's perhaps too old for WRX/GTI/S3 boy-racer, but GR86/Supra/Miata/Z3/Z4/Boxster/Cayman/911/Elise/Evora should all be good until well into retirement.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It's alright

Yeah

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Is 34 too old
        Fcuk. I'm almost 40 and can't even afford one.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Based grandpa hitting the pass at 2 am

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/NCENyWD.jpeg

stop bullying me pls

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous
        • 1 month ago
          Anonymous

it's literally so over

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm 38 and want to get one. Well a BRZ at least.
        I was choosing between a new BRZ, Miata, or Elantra N.
        I decided against the Elantra N because urban youths will bust out the window thinking they can steal it. And decided against the Miata because I don't care about the convertible, and I heard the car is miserable to drive with the top up.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>and I heard the car is miserable to drive with the top up.
          you should test drive one rather than believing anything you read

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

probably but im 33 and rock a gr corolla

just do whatever you want

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Those cars look like fun but I think my type r has more interior space slightly and I need that for my carseat.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Someone has to get them if the younger gen in the future has any hope of having anything to buy for a hobby interest.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

No, it’s slow but fun tbh. I have a much nicer faster sports car but for some reason I race the 86 on iRacing. It’s fun but I’d also prob get an MX5

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I’m about to be 34 and just bought a GR86 as a track toy for me/daily for my wife. If you want it go for it

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

When I was 34 I thought it was, so I drove a Ford Fusion.

Now I'm 45 and buying a GR86

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

That is on the cusp of embarrassing. Buy an ATS-V coupe.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The only embarrassment is caring what other people think of your car

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You should care, the same way you should care about the clothes you wear, the career you built, and your general cleanliness and appearance. The car is a suit you wear every time you drive.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Perhaps he is retired or retiring soon. Matters less then.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nah, just 250lbs, 5'-8 and coping.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Normies are nowhere nearly as intense in judgement as DA autismos who hate a certain car because its not their taste.

Literally every normie thinks

>Wow cool sports car it must've been expensive! You know I had a sports car when I was your age! I didn't know Toyota made something like this!

Because it's not a crossover like they drive

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

No, they know it's an entry level sporty car meant for college ages kids who's parents can afford to buy it for them. That is all they will think. If you don't match that definition, normies will just think you're a weirdo. I dunno, maybe you are a weirdo and want to give off that vibe. Not for everyone though.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

youve never talked to a normie in your life if you honestly think they give that much of a shit about cars

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

As someone who worked with the public dealing with hundreds of people from all walks of life, generally they are pretty impressed. Had some lady think it was a Porche 944 (which I can kind of see.)

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Isn't it kinda funny that the Porsche cheap car was an inline, and the Toyota one is a flat4?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

you are so out of touch

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

This
            normoids think my v6 challenger is a frickin lamborghini

No, they know it's an entry level sporty car meant for college ages kids who's parents can afford to buy it for them. That is all they will think. If you don't match that definition, normies will just think you're a weirdo. I dunno, maybe you are a weirdo and want to give off that vibe. Not for everyone though.

they literally don't
            nobody actually thinks that way except other car guys and even then car guys generally don't think that way, unless they are the kind of shallow soulless posers who care more about appearance and prestige than performance.
            I guarantee you not a single human being thinks about the how, just the end result, maybe extrapolating something like your contrived cope from that thought process.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You obviously think enough about it. You are not special. Other people analyze things too, you know.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

analysis requires knowledge. most people know nothing about cars so their opinions on them are worthless

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

anon, normies see a 911 as just another sedan (yes, they don't know what a coupe is)

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

what color is your bugatti?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>too old for boy racing
        Old men love sports cars more than anyone.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm 24 and about to get another one (other one was depressed and sadly decided to drive off a cliff) I was getting afraid it'd be socially unacceptable to do young dumb things after 30. You know like once you hit 30 people still stop referring you to "young man" and just say Man.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

You are too old when you decide so.
        Any gramps I see hooning is based and we both know that.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I'll have you know mine beats a Kia Telluride off the line by about half a car length, thank you very much.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Don't let him know about summer tires

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

cool car but you'll get tired of it and be looking for the next one in short order

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Mogged by a 2004 accord/maxima

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Built better than the '84 but not as fat as the '87.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's meant for guys in their 20s to have something a bit cheaper and less power until they can afford the Supra.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Expensive for what you get tbh

You mean Porsche

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Nope.
        It's perhaps too old for WRX/GTI/S3 boy-racer, but GR86/Supra/Miata/Z3/Z4/Boxster/Cayman/911/Elise/Evora should all be good until well into retirement.

>bore scores
        do not buy an old porsche

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

its no Camaro, but if you're not ready for raw handling, it'll do.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous
      • 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Is Dodge killing the Challenger? I know Ford will never kill the Mustang

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yeah
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Challenger#Discontinuation_and_future_plans

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

mache killed the mustang already

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

cheap modern canyon carver

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

mid car stock, aftermarket goes crazy. The turbo builds when the warranty periods start drying up are going to be insane if the nu-wrx tuning news is anything to go by

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Ugly, slow, gay, buy something v8 or just accept you should have got a v6 accord

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

BMW

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Rwd commuter car, take it or leave it

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I haven't seen a single base gr86 at a stealership in like 8 months and it was an automatic
    Frick Toyota for not selling these directly

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

they don't let people order anything. I don't know why the frick they still work off allocations

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Absolute STATE of this vehicle.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yeah I just bought one, I went new because the used market is absolutely insane right now

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

For $5k more you could have gotten an LT1 with a V8. Hell, any version of the Camaro would have been better value.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>buying dead brands

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I definitely don't want to sit inside of the dingy camaro interior everyday for the next xyz yearw

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Literally same price as a 2006-09 Porsche Cayman

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Toyota should make a neptune 3.0 that looks darker and metallic like that, IRL it looks too flat and bright like a plastic toy

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

4 cylinder "power" with shitty v6 gas mileage

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Mine gets 36 hwy but it's a 2013 with the 2.0. I know a guy with the 2.4 who gets 32 hwy

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

that's atrocious, i got 32 mpg highway with my 2012 g37 xD

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yeah but then you have to drive a Nissan. Fair trade off imo

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

hahaha

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I got an automatic in Neptune blue and love it. Use it as a daily driver.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

hell yeah a supporter of the gr86

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I've driven a stock one and a modified one with bolt ons and e85 tune. Both were fun and a good package overall. I'm used to driving smaller nimble 90s cars so the driving feel was great for me, very oldish-school and simple. If you're used to 250+ hp and low end torque, you'll be greatly disappointed and like others have already said you'll be buying a different car very soon after. Unfortunately these cars also can't shake the incel vibes and the budget-minded shopper vibes.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

decent

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>no oil
    >Bought by zoomers with rich dad "I can't buy you a used fast car"

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>muh oil starvation
      Mega false

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Yeah just overfill by .5 liters of you’re gonna track it and you’ll be fine
        However, if you’re gonna run 200tw tires and you’re putting up good times you should probably get a baffle as well

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>subaru engine
    >no auto rev matching on the manual
    meh

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

mutt can't into revmatch

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>no auto rev matching on the manual
      skill issue

honestly i want toyota to make their own 2+2 sporty rwd coupe with a supercharged 2gr engine, how hard could it be for them?

it would be more expensive that the current car by a good margin
      they split to cost of developing the car with subaru because developing a new rwd platform is expensive in todays market
      the supra? bmw
      the gt86? subaru
      mirai? mazda

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

honestly i want toyota to make their own 2+2 sporty rwd coupe with a supercharged 2gr engine, how hard could it be for them?

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

hellyeah
    a nice car

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

a worse BRZ

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

How big or small is that thing? I’m 6‘7“ and I adore my golf because of how spacious it is.
    However, I wouldn’t mind something a little more sporty

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

it depends on where your height is. A lot of somewhat tall people say there's room to spare - passenger seat is a lot worse off, though.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

legs. I’m all legs

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

you might struggle, but there's no better way to know than sitting in one

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's not a Toyota.

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have a 2019 Raiu Edition (Canadian market version of the Series.Gray)
    I got it as my first manual. It's been fun learning on it.
    If your commute is almost entirely highway and intersections with traffic lights, it may become stale. You need corners and fun little roads to enjoy it fully.
    The most fun I've had with it was during the winter, when I got to slide it around. It's predictable and easy to manage when the rear is loose (:
    I would say it's a good choice for a daily driver if you don't want a Miata. I haven't tried any generation of Miata, but I imagine they're a little more fun to flick around corners because they're even smaller. But, they're not as practical as a BRZ/GR86 - at least you can actually haul a surprising amount of things in a BRZ/GR86, like a set of mounted wheels + tires (without much else in the car)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *