Question for busriders

I am looking for an aftermarket lower control arm ball joint, pic related.
It's for a 30 year old mitsubishi so OEM parts are either non existent or will cost me a small fortune on order.
I have read on online forums that aftermarket joints can be hit or miss depending on the manufacturer. But no clear answers, people either believe that OEM is some magical standard that can never be replicated which is bullshit, parts are parts.
Or that I should trust established brands like MOOG, which clearly offer utter dogshit from crown nuts replaced by lock nuts to joints with no grease nipples and they cost more than their counterparts.
So far I'm torn between Lemförder, Meyle, Febi Bilstein(looks cheap), Blueprint (looks cheap), delphi, or japanparts.
What do busriders? and what should I be looking to spend reasonably? I just want something that'll last more than 3 years.

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

why would a busrider know anything at all about cars?

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>japanparts

Will probably be OEM

>Lemforder/Meyle

GIS the specific part number they use and find the box, if it was made in a first world country do it.

OEM joints just last the longest while a Moog or Mevotech will last 5-8 years before getting play. The metallurgy is often shit vs the original or the boots will deteriorate faster somehow and let grit in

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

how can you know that japanparts will probably be OEM?
      they are often the cheapest and are manufactured in Italy, they also have some ghetto ass logo
      I mean I bought an upper control arm off them for €60 and its good so far but idk how long it will last

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

moog got bought out years ago, they've just been riding on their reputation since.

amayama, megazip and partsouq might have something. the first two do not keep real time tracking of inventory so don't be surprised if you get an email saying "sorry not available" and a refund. shipping can take a while but that's the price for cheaper oem bits.
        oem can be replicated; the primary issue is whether it's worth going aftermarket or not. i've seen forum threads where the OP replaced their finally-failed oe cv axle with an aftermarket one that was half the price of an oe one, but failed within a a year or two of install. the oem one would cost at least 2x as much but the users that forked out the cash for them would run then for upwards of 10 years.
        but anyway all that aside, rockauto? they can ship worldwide and rates are quite good, especially if you can get everything from the same warehouse

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Because they usually specialize in supplying OEM parts from overseas like

moog got bought out years ago, they've just been riding on their reputation since.

amayama, megazip and partsouq might have something. the first two do not keep real time tracking of inventory so don't be surprised if you get an email saying "sorry not available" and a refund. shipping can take a while but that's the price for cheaper oem bits.
        oem can be replicated; the primary issue is whether it's worth going aftermarket or not. i've seen forum threads where the OP replaced their finally-failed oe cv axle with an aftermarket one that was half the price of an oe one, but failed within a a year or two of install. the oem one would cost at least 2x as much but the users that forked out the cash for them would run then for upwards of 10 years.
        but anyway all that aside, rockauto? they can ship worldwide and rates are quite good, especially if you can get everything from the same warehouse

said, and made in Italy is fine. I'd trust that, if it was made in India, made in China, or even made in Taiwan I would have a problem.

Lemforder is probably gonna be fine too, but I heard they're in the reboxing business for cars that aren't European.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Beck/Arnley.

You're welcome.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Doesnt look like they have much of a presence in Europe sadly

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

thankfully they have this thing where they can send a box with a part inside to your house, from other places

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>yeah dude thankfully you can pay 100 euros for a 40 dollar part which costs them 10 dollars to manufacture
          What's their equivalent in the european market

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You should find the part number and cross reference it. Partsbin shit will be exactly the same between multiple brands and years of cars.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

30 year old part, old delicas or l200s have them too but they would all be shot or about to go as well, it's just rubber after all.

Its a cool website but the shipping costs make the part 3 times as expensive, and thats without customs, beck arnley balljoing goes from 22 dollars to 77 cheapest delivery, frick that. I'd rather get a shitty part and replace it in 2-3 years.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

When rockauto doesn't even carry parts for your shitbox you know it's time to dump it in a ditch and start over.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>lemförder
    good stuff, they're an oe supplier for BMW and some other respectable brands, will be pricey tho
    >meyle
    they seem good too, but I'm pretty sure they're not an oe supplier for anybody
    >febi bilstein
    pure lottery. you can get a repackaged oe part or cheap chinese garbage. I once bought a febi power steering tank for my e36 and from the first sight it looked like an obvious cheap copy compared to the original tank (plus it seems to leak)
    >blueprint
    never heard of them
    >Delphi
    don't know much about them
    >japanparts
    cheap chinese garbage of the lowest quality. anything that has japan or some pseudo-japanese words in it's name is guaranteed to be low-quality garbage made anywhere but in japan

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>lemforder
    best choice and the oem for bmw suspension parts
    >meyle
    stay away, their entire business model is hoping people confuse them for Mahle
    >febi bilstein
    decent
    >blueprint
    probably chineseium
    >delphi
    good

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Any will last three years. Buy whatever and have at it.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

For which bus?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

behold my bus

Very anecdotal, but I run Lemförder ball joints & tie rods on my lifted Hilux, and they've outlasted the chinky no-name ones that came new with the truck, where the rubber stated splitting after 1.5 years. It has definitely become my go-to brand when available, and genuniely does feel like a better product than most - rusts way slower, rubber boots feel much softer at -20cc, and their nylock nuts don't loose the nylon after a season

I will trust you because we have a similar bus

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You gotta remove the shit grease they put in from the factory and then fill it with moly grease

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

lemförder is ZF

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Very anecdotal, but I run Lemförder ball joints & tie rods on my lifted Hilux, and they've outlasted the chinky no-name ones that came new with the truck, where the rubber stated splitting after 1.5 years. It has definitely become my go-to brand when available, and genuniely does feel like a better product than most - rusts way slower, rubber boots feel much softer at -20cc, and their nylock nuts don't loose the nylon after a season

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

delphi stuff is okay, i've seen stuff made in luxembourg and fricking monaco.
    i had no idea monaco had a manufacturing industry

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *