QUICK, NAME YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON AND DEFEND WHY ITS THE BEST CARTOON EVER OR ELSE ILL SHOOT

QUICK, NAME YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON AND DEFEND WHY ITS THE BEST CARTOON EVER OR ELSE ILL SHOOT

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

batman the animated series
    do I need to say more?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yes. It's actually extremely overrated. The writing has aged poorly, as has Kevin Conroy's performance (he really only found the perfect Batman voice toward the end of the series, and for the New Adventures revival, which makes a lot of people REEEEEEE because of the art style change.)

People like to pretend that B:TAS is all "Heart of Ice", when in reality it's more "Batman in My Basement", by volume. Truly good episodes are few and far in-between, and most of them are, again, in the New Adventures revival series.

I think it's easy to argue that B:TAS is outmatched not just by other DC animated offerings (JLU, Superman, Brave and the Bold), but it's own revival seasons. Plus OP said to defend your choice, so yeah, you kinda should say more.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Snoopy
    He’s cute AND cool. He does it all 🙂

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Misread OP as “cartoon character”

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mind game is the peak off animation that utilizes animation to its fullest

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The Thief & the Cobbler is a masterpiece despite being left unfinished. If nothing else watch the war machine segment, it's mind-blowing, and that was all done by hand in the 70s without computers. Is it all that compelling as a story? No, not really, but western animation of that quality is literally a lost art, no one knows how to do it anymore, it isn't taught in schools

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes, the algorithm recommended that drunk scot's video too

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I dont watch that homosexual i genuinely like this movie

Now TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Sorry I don't browse DA much, who is this?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Hank Hill

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Not OP, but it's Micheal Douglas in Falling Down

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Michael douglas from the kino falling down

?si=Oe-23zhUUIp7_h_1

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>NOOOOOOOO I CANT HAVE BREAKFAST!
            >I MUST KILL EVERYONE!

So this movie is a Karen's wet dream?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Venting anger is only justified when its being done by white men, if anyone else does it they are being b***hy or uppity and should know their place. But if a movie is about impotent white male rage its automatically kino.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>if anyone else does it they are being b***hy or uppity and should know their place
            Movies like promising young woman are misandrist anti male trash and arent even comparable to this kino

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Basically. I can't take it serious anymore. Boomers have turned into such shameless crybabies that I strongly feel they deserve to be deprived, even when they're in the right. They complain about "participation trophies" when their generation was the one that just threw hissyfits until they got a real trophy to shut them up.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>>I MUST KILL EVERYONE!
            Ah yes, that's why he didn't hurt a single person there and the only actual threat was a negligent discharge. Fricking morons, the point of the scene is to show that he's starting to lose control but still doing and saying shit we all fundamentally agree with, that the rules of the machine are arbitrary and exist purely to keep people servile and in line.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>that the rules of the machine are arbitrary
            lmao, how much of a victim complex must the average boomer have in order to believe this? The cutoff for breakfast isn't "arbitrary"; it's there to keep a business running smoothly and to give customers straightforward guidelines on what is available to them at any given time. They're not denying you breakfast at 11:35 just to "keep you in line", they're doing it because they're gearing the whole kitchen up for a lunch rush and they want all hands on deck making burgers and fries and not fricking around with coffee machines and hash browns.

moron.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

he wants to know what you think came first; ranch or cool ranch

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Cool ranch, because it's the cool one.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The unnamed main character for a movie called Falling Down, which is about a boomer having a mental breakdown in traffic after its implied he just lost his job, just getting up and leaving it in the middle of the road, and walking across town getting into increasingly violent encounters where he vents his frustrations about how he is right, everyone else is wrong, and the world is at fault for not catering to him in the specific ways he feels entitled to.

Thats not even an exaggeration, he pulls a gun on a shop owner because he is infuriated that drinks cost more than they did when he was a kid, and takes a not-mcdonalds hostage because he wants breakfast after they stopped serving it for the day.

For obvious reasons, a certain kind of person idolizes him/the movie for the power fantasy of getting to threaten people with violence over minor, inane shit.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

has anybody mashed up his "I'm the bad guy?" with Billie Eilish's "duh."?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>defending shifty foreigners jacking up prices arbitrarily
            israelite or their golem.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>power fantasy
            It's called catharsis, and it's completely normal. Most people do have complaints about the rigid, uncatering system, and are too decent to vent on the underpaid service staff that are the face of said system. That's why it's satisfying to watch films like this; it lets you express your annoyance in the most satisfying way.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>and are too decent to vent on the underpaid service staff that are the face of said system.
            >It's ok to explode and treat wagies like shit because things out of their control happen.
            I'm honestly suprised that more wagies haven't gone postal on morons like you.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Except watching someone do something isn't cathartic at all. It's just circle-jerking over impotent crybaby boomer ideology of "EVERYONE IS WRONG EXCEPT ME!!!"

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Everyone is wrong except me, frick you

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ok boomer

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What's worse is when he explodes on the foreigner owning the store and then kills the le ebbil nazi for being racist because they totally aren't alike and it's totally the nazi's fault and not the foreigner.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>killing a nazi
            wtf i love this movie now... DA's gonna freak!

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Frick iff, that neo nazi homosexual deserved kt

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Everytime I see people discussing this movie they always casually forget that Michael Douglas is supossed to be the villain and a hypocrite or a dumbass. Also most of the time the people discussing Falling Down haven't actually seen it but rather just edits with the parts were he's fricking shit up and don't even know half of the movie is about a cop trying to catch him.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Americans miss the extremely obvious point of a movie
            many such cases

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>and the world is at fault for not catering to him in the specific ways he feels entitled to
            The world is at fault for treating him as a mindless cog in the machine who will eat shit eternally with a smile you wienersmoking homosexual.
            >pulls a gun on a shop owner
            None of you homosexuals actually watch the fricking movie, stop fricking lying.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>get fired
            >can't get breakfast after 11:30
            >drinks cost more than a nickel
            >"eating shit"
            This is literally just life. Sorry it didn't come with complementary tissues, but you have to earn a paycheck to buy those, snowflake.

>>I MUST KILL EVERYONE!
            Ah yes, that's why he didn't hurt a single person there and the only actual threat was a negligent discharge. Fricking morons, the point of the scene is to show that he's starting to lose control but still doing and saying shit we all fundamentally agree with, that the rules of the machine are arbitrary and exist purely to keep people servile and in line.

>saying shit we all fundamentally agree with, that the rules of the machine are arbitrary and exist purely to keep people servile and in line.
            But I don't agree with him. He decided to throw a fit because he came in late for breakfast and couldn't get breakfast. The cutoff has to fall somewhere, otherwise they'd be serving breakfast all day long. Don't like it? Go home and make your own breakfast. It's a free country.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You actually think it's about the breakfast and absolutely nothing else. Holy shit. Don't cry about "media literacy" ever again.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I never said anything about "media literacy" in the first place, schizo. Learn to read.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Its about 'I want what I want, and the world has to give it to me'. Thats the mentality being displayed across multiple scenes. If your were correct about the point of the scene, it wouldn't end with him deciding he didn't want breakfast after all and ordering a burger anyway.

D-FENS is ultimately just getting the barest, tiniest taste of what later generation had to eat for every meal: the world of endless promise didn't exist, the machine was grinding you down and you were not going to get the rewards you were told you deserved. The difference in retrospect is that his generation *built the machine* so he only has himself to blame, whereas my generation and younger will spend our entire lives paying out of pocket to clean up after a party we didn't even get invited to while my parents generation clings to wealth and power well into dementia rather than let anyone else take control.
            Thats what makes Falling Down look so fricking petty and small in retrospect. He's right in the overall sense, but the specific things he is getting upset about are so fricking miniscule compared the modern problems of never being able to afford a house and a car at the same time even if you do everything right, and the most viable solution to your eternal debt being to wait for your parents to die and pay it off with their inheritance because jobs no longer pay a living wage unless you are inside a very small handful of industries.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yellowjacket

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

FRISKY DINGO
    ITS FUNNY

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

legend of HEI takes the smoothness of western animation and the dynamism of anime and combines it into a fun but really cool show. Also the final right having competent Antagonists that actually fight as a coherent team against a lone hero is so kino It changed my view of media forever.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The best TV cartoon ever made is Over the Garden Wall because despite the simple character design, it is the closest American TV animation will ever get to Studio Ghibli. Then the writing and the music are all worthy of animation that good. I have seen nothing else even approach it.

But that isn't my favorite. My favorite is Gravity Falls because it's the single funniest kid's cartoon I've ever seen. It hits peak-era Simpsons/original run Arrested Development level of wit and pushed out McCracken's Powerpuff Girls in my heart. But as long as OtGW exists, GF isn't the best. It's just the funniest.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I love OTGW too but ghibli is highly overrated. There i said it

Also GF is kino despite hirsch being a cuck IRL

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

GF is extremely overrated as well.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I love OTGW too but ghibli is highly overrated. There i said it
        What are your favorite animated movies, anon?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Steven Universe, because I like shiny rocks.

These opinions are correct

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Do you like Space Hitlers?

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Jimmy Two-Shoes, because it's kino.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Make sure to double tap.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You mean click? Normal people use DA on a desktop PC.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I thought recommendation threads were not allowed?

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's a complicated question. It depends on what you mean by best cartoon.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>picrel

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The original couple of seasons were some of the best stuff Adult Swim ever put out and I genuinely struggle to explain why. I've watched it recently though and it's still great. Some combination of the scribble-drawn animation, the zoned-out voice acting, the wild tone shifts multiple times per episode, the stoner wordplay, I don't know. It's a bunch of really weird parts and together they make something great.

Speaking of wordplay, X:RA is unironically one of the smartest dumb shows ever made.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Almost the entirety of golden age Simpsons contains either A or S tier episodes. Quite possibly the ultimate blend of comedy and drama.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Very much deserves a place in best cartoons of all time

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The movie would have been better if they cut out the stuff about him always being a little crazy. The message gets a little muddled if he was always openly unhinged instead of silently reaching a boiling point.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Gurren Lagann for east because it gets me excited like nothing else and Samurai Jack for west because it has one of the best atmospheres in animation.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If you want something else with a similarly insane energy as TTGL, I'd recommend Symphogear. The first season is rougher and fascinating in a 'what the frick is this show?' sort of way, but from S2 onward it hits its stride and runs on the logic of the writers constantly asking themselves 'whats the coolest thing we can think of to do at this moment in the script?' and just doing that, logic be damned.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I know about Sympho. I will check it out at some point.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Samurai Jack
      Seconding this. It's just everything I want out of animation; huge variety of settings, tons of action, impeccable atmosphere, brilliant sound design, and extremely cinematic storyboarding. It really uses the medium to its fullest; you never know what kind of shit you'll see in any given episode. Some episodes are so good I will literally watch them multiple times in a row. Jack and the Ultra Robots is arguably more "cinematic" in 22 minutes, in terms of its scope and pacing than most actual movies ever are.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Adventure Time. Frick you.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Classic Tom and Jerry.
    >DEFEND IT!
    I like it. Nothing more needs to be said.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Di-Gata the Defenders.

It has a great main cast, memorable villains, a rich world, a balanced magic system and lots of lore.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

damn how does DA miss the message of such a simple movie this hard?

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

As I was saying, it looks like we're screwed, Elliott

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

deep and meaningful story
    creative and symbolic visuals
    varied styles
    great voices and sound
    longest western animated movie

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Steven Universe is the best because of the variety of women you can jack off to

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Big brained opinion here. Ive nutted to steven universe characters more then i have to any other cartoon series

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I respect that

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

To be fair, 85 cents for a can of soda is an outrageous price in 1992.

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Steven Universe because of the songs and the fact it made me cry so much.

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My favorite cartoon is Invader Zim because it has a unique artstyle, well-written gags, memorable characters, high quality animation, and even great music. And i like the edgy cynical view of the world, its strangely... comfy

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>B-because it's really cute and comfy and it's actually a really funny show with some emotional moments and it's c-cute and

Just fricking shoot me now there's no way in hell I could convince angry Michael Douglas that Summer Camp Island is not a show for gay little kids.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I will never understand how this show has fans

I wanna frick the british pink haired witch tho

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You either love it or you hate it. SCI is just a sweet cute and comfy show with clever sense of humor and more emotionally mature characters than lots of shows that the internet screams that are mature and for big boys like toh or Amphibia. But it's not a show for everyone and I completely understand the people who don't like it at first sight. It's a miracle it got that many seasons and a proper finale. A little gem of a show from a forgoten time when CN was at least trying.

>I wanna frick the british pink haired witch tho
        same

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It came off as too infantile for me but im glad at least you enjoyed it. Its a damn shame CN is in the gutter now the way that it is where they dont wanna make any new shows

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You could say the same about basically every studio. We complained about remakes and sequels years ago, but it feels like these days they are more afraid of new IP than ever.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>We complained about remakes and sequels years ago, but it feels like these days they are more afraid of new IP than ever.
            I agree. DTVA canceling all their original content just to focus on IP shit and bad IPs at that really fricking angers me. Same with CN not doing any new shows

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Darkwing Duck. It's fun, creative, beautiful to look at, has a kickass theme song, and the villains use actual guns.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's also one of the few capeshit that's actually good.

28. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's Venture Bros, I love it because I grew up with it and I see myself and my family in it, I love Dean and how he progressed was like my life, the kid who knew a lot of facts but nothing really, been hurt by a woman and changed me in a nihilist butthole and then the last change, the growing up understanding better the world and finally studying for continuing the family bussines that was the same for generation.
    My brother is litterally hank, not very smart but we're always together and help eachother and his heart is in the right place. My father is just an hurted man from his past sometimes not a good father but sometimes had his good moments, while with my brother is always on a war about "having a good job" or "studying".
    I lvoe it because it speaks to me on a real life level even if it's a story of quoting stuff (that i grew up with) and superheroes/villains doing mundane shit.
    Venture bros is my favorite and my life and everytime I rewatch it I notice something new.

29. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Avatar and nothing else even comes close. It has everything: good story, good characters and relationships (zutara is canon), as well as good animation, fight scenes and comic relief. Not only that, it doesn't overstay its welcome. 61 episodes and it's over.

30. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

if you mean cartoon series, then probably this. did totally different things each season while being consistently good, great characters, great ideas, great voices, great music, great dialogues with tons of wordplay, meaningful themes and morals, and potentially inspired Simpsons (which i never really liked to be fairly honest)

31. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Beast Wars because Rattrap is an ass

32. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Aqua Teen Hunger Force because it's funny and has the pinnacle of masculinity, Master Shake and Carl.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *