R34 GTR Shill Bidding?

>Bidder (account created this month) outbids himself by $20k while bidding against another bidder (account created this month). Car ends up not meeting reserve at $180k. He also did a +$25k bid from $120k to $145k.
>2 months ago on BAT the same bidder bid up a car the same seller had for auction that had a reserve.
>Seller on BAT auction made a comment that suggested he was frustrated with the selling price and that BAT forced him to have a low reserve.
>The bidder's username "ahsaniqbal007" is a Pakistani name "Ashan Iqbal". If you go to "JDMIsLove" on FaceBook most of the people who like their posts are people with names of middle eastern descent. Some accounts are literally people located in Pakistan; likely friends/family of the owner.

I feel like there is enough circumstantial evidence to suggest that "ahsaniqbal007" is a friend of "JDMIsLove". I anticipate seeing this car listed on eBay for $300k (which is what the seller had it listed at before moving to C&B) or getting listed on BAT for a round 2.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

excellent detective work, shercuck holmes, but who gives a frick?

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There's no reason to believe shenanigans on an auction with a reserve. You do see this occasionally where a new account is made, makes 1 bid ever, and dies. But these are no reserve auctions. It doesn't benefit the seller in anyway to fake bids if there reserve hasn't even been met. You might create fake competition at the very end of an auction to boost the final selling price but at this level, if you frick around and accidentally win the auction then that's $5000 down the drain. If you have enough money that losing thousands doesn't even matter to you then you have enough money to not even care what the final price ends up being

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This one did have a reserve, dummy. Perfect situation for trying to inflate the price with bids you know won't actually win.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Literally learn to read.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Literally learn to think
          >list overpriced meme-mobile with a reserve
          >know how much you can shill bid before you hit the reserve
          >bump up the price hoping to get some sucker to bite

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>auction with a reserve
      yeah thats like the greediest shit ever

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>potential to lose $5000 from winning your own auction
      >potential to gain $50,000 from idiot outbidding your fake bids
      >people who can afford to lose $5000 for a potential gain of $50000 don't care whether the car sells for 100k or 150k
      Your logic doesn't follow.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Except you're not gaining 50k. If the reserve is beyond what the free market decides then it doesn't sell. If the free market decides it's worth the reserve then it would sell either way. You can "shill bid" all day long but if no one wants to pay 200k for it then they're not going to. No one is looking at a 100k gtr, sees someone else bid 190k, and think "oh frick i better jump on that" and bid 200k

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Nice theory but that's not what happens in reality.
          See

That's essentially the only reason R34s are so expensive.
          Even a couple years before they became legal stateside, the same was happening in Japanese auctions. Sellers were bidding up their own auctions and buying the car for themselves. Then relisting and some idiot gaijin would buy it because "historical price".

A politican in Japan was even charged in regards to exactly this. Bidding up auctions in a cartel, selling the cars to each other, all to make the market seem like it's worth more than it actually is. Then gaijins come along and pay 200k for cars that were worth 80k not even 3 years earlier, all because previous auctions were going for that high.

That's how the car auction markets work.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Nice theory but that's not what happens in reality.
            Apparently it's exactly what happens in reality because the car didn't sell.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Because no one is buying anything any more
            1 year ago it would have been a successful method of chasing a higher price
            But the market conditions have changed

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>But the market conditions have changed
            Wait are you implying that... the market ultimately decides the value of a product? Weird I feel like I heard someone say something like that not long ago

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It doesn't change the fact that sellers were artificially driving up the price for years.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>if you frick around and accidentally win the auction then that's $5000 down the drain.
      How could you accidentally win, when you know what the reserve is? Just don't bid that high.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Lit er al ly
        learn how to read

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It says there's no benefit to the seller to fake bids if the reserve hasn't been met, then explains that there might be a situation where there's benefit to the seller to fake bids if the reserve hasn't been met, and then says the seller might accidentally win and have to pay all the fees.
          Which doesn't explain how the seller could accidentally win when the seller knows the reserve. Un eye Ron ick ully just bid a number which is lower than the reserve.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>then explains that there might be a situation where there's benefit to the seller to fake bids if the reserve hasn't been met,
            wrong
            >But these are no reserve auctions

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I hate how gay every thing is
    a used r34 should be no more than 25k
    a used corvette c8 should be 50k
    a used lamborghi huracan should be 100-125k
    all in good condition

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>paying 180k for a 25 year old nissan of all things

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

stupid ass ricer that's a gtr

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Around 6-8 years ago I just stopped caring. Yeah, it was my favorite car in gran turismo 4, and it's really cool but if I actually cared I would have been happy with a lan evo.
    Instead I got into motorcycles.

• 2 weeks ago
      Hotwing

>instead I got into motorcycles
      Based

Yeah BaT is for people with too much money and not enough sense, jerking each other off over shitboxes that wouldn’t bring dick on marketplace

It’s no surprise it’s a huge scam

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The market isn't very good right now. I have a mate trying to sell an R32 GTR and all he gets are low ballers and tyre kickers. People just don't have the cash to splash at the moment and sellers would rather keep them then sell cheap.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

im going to own one

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>money laundering website is a money laundering website

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's essentially the only reason R34s are so expensive.
    Even a couple years before they became legal stateside, the same was happening in Japanese auctions. Sellers were bidding up their own auctions and buying the car for themselves. Then relisting and some idiot gaijin would buy it because "historical price".

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That entire website is boomers scamming each other for years, this guy's a low iq inbred paki so of course he got busted first time out.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

These things are going down in price now lmao lucky to get 70k for one in mint condition.

Any butthole can just import them now from warehouses all over.

Plus by today's standards these cars just suck now. You can go get um recent ish used car with 60k miles for like 15 thousand that would Woop this cars ass and have heated seats

12. 2 weeks ago
    Daddy p

You do realize that you can have sex and start a family, right?

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>some years ago
    >R34 GTR sits at max 30k€ in good condition
    >no one really wants it because at 30k you get a better and faster M3
    >influencer on youtube become a thing
    >influencer hype up those cars
    >influencer work together with dealer to push the prices high
    >act like it's nostalgia and car culture that make them so demanded
    >R34 GTR suddenly over 100k€
    >still no one buys them

I think this all is a big meme. If one gets sold it's usually another dealer hoping to make some bucks by selling it later. At some point people lose interest and those things will be cheap ass.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Prices were going crazy before covid, went ludicrous during, and now people are broke so dummies are left with the bag.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Silvia prices are crazier than Skyline prices.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *