Ram loses Hemi v8 in favor of a turbo i6. Straight 6 chads, we won

Ram loses Hemi v8 in favor of a turbo i6. Straight 6 chads, we won

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

1. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

That’s why they split the trucks from Dodge so they’re luxury, including the moronic short bus Euro van to take kids to the special classes at school.

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

>That’s why they split the trucks from Dodge so they’re luxury
      Lol, no. It's literally to beat EPA MPG averages.

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

>EPA MPG averages.
        >averages
        If I have 50 good cars and 50 bad cars why would I split it up?
        Now I have 2 seperate groups and can't use the good cars to offset the bad cars.
        Dumbfrick.

2. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Bro stfu I drive a I6 but the V8 is just as great. This sucks. An American pickup that doesn't have a V8 just isn't right.

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

>"How long do you want the intake runners, Klaus?"
      >"Yes."

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

V8s are for low IQ poors

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

>hurrr [topic of thread] suxx
        (you)

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

then why did it cost more?

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

That would be V6s, there's a reason it's one of the most coped about platforms on this board.
        >less power than a V8
        >worse economy than a 4
        >accompanied by a shit noise

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

busrider cope

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

literally what about that is cope or even false
            the entire reason v6 versions of muscle cars exist is was to appeal and sell them to a poorer customer base

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

busrider cope
            >you should buy the bigger engine that is less good because that's what your grandpa would have done

seriously fat fricking boomer busrider copeapalooza

https://i.imgur.com/nqzoMx9.png

Found one.
            [...]
            It's not even an argument, just an involuntary reaction to what he owns being called shit. It's low IQ behavior.

and this too
            the mental gymnastics you have to go to and random bullshit copes that have nothing to do with actual automotive engineering fill every single stage of that pyramid you posted

Not a single DA poster can factually or logically explain why the V6 configuration is bad. When they do it's either traditionalist 30yo boomer cope or absolutely deluded schizo ramblings and sexual inferences.

The V6 engine configuration has won the World Rally Championship, powers 200 mph supercars, and reliably delivers your mom's dildo shipment from Amazon.

Special Ed children thumping pushrod V8s are like old gamers stubbornly holding on to Voodoo 2s in the era of hardware transform and lighting.
            The future is now, old man.

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

Found one.

literally what about that is cope or even false
            the entire reason v6 versions of muscle cars exist is was to appeal and sell them to a poorer customer base

It's not even an argument, just an involuntary reaction to what he owns being called shit. It's low IQ behavior.

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

I hope to never understand what it’s like to be this poor.

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

Turbo 6s have always been a badge of honor amongst Ram owners.

3. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

>be Dailer era Chrysler
    >make a shitty car called the Calibre
    >don’t call it cute but “tough”
    >literally junk that disappeared off of American roads
    >still some “cute” neons still putting along
    I’m more mad at Germany for holocausting Chrysler instead of israelites.

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

>I’m more mad at Germany for holocausting Chrysler instead of israelites.
      Chrysler and Toys 'R Us are taught in business school as examples why you don't keep a huge amount of cash on hand. Daimler spent like $5 billion to acquire control of Chrysler, and then they took Chrysler's $19 billion cash reserve and spent every penny of it. While also slashing the shit out of Chrysler's white collar workforce including engineering, so when they finally cut the husk of the company loose it basically didn't have the capability to design cars any more. Just one of the worst examples of corporate raiding ever.

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

how can you buy a company with 19bn in cash assets for 5bn?

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

convince the shareholders, call it a merger

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

You can play voodoo with valuations by claiming that cash in hand is bad because it isn't being used to generate money

4. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

This is the 6 cylinder variant of the 2.0L GME T4 that FCA rolled out nearly a decade ago. That engine has had pretty marginal reliability, and FCA/Stellantis has been working to package this higher performance twin turbo version since at least 2019 to replace both the 5.7 and 392 V8s across their lineup.

The best part? In the 1500 the oil pan will still drain onto the anti-roll bar. Because Chrysler

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

>marginal reliability
      That's basically any of the turbo engines designed for >120hp/l with hypereutectic pistons and low tension rings.
      Everything made in the last 10 years and going forward is going to be like a return of 90s oil leak monsters, now with more warped heads.

5. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Small displacement gas i6's are queer then again so are half tons so meh. I would maybe for a gasoline Cummins 6.7 in a 3/4 ton though.

6. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

govt killed it, same with GM. think ford is the last king on the mountain only because they slapped cylinder deactivation in it. excluding 3/4 and 1 tons the days of v8 half tons and muscle cars are done
    you will drive the 3cyl turbo shitboxes or EVs and like it chud, we will drag you into the 21st kicking and screaming if we have to

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

>make fun of Eurobros 10 years ago for this
      >we're now living in it
      JUST

7. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Next gen 6 cyl chally wallys are unironically going to btfo any other 3L twin turbo in the segment

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm betting right now 4 of every ten 520hp HO hurricanes can't live past 35,000 miles without serious internal work.

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

It's a safe bet considering the ancient 5.7 Hemi is still a massive piece of shit.

8. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

>Ford makes 3.5 V6 twin turbo 13 years ago
    >Toyota, RAM just now catching up

How is Ford always so far ahead in terms of mechanical tech?

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

Ford also at the forefront of warranty costs. Toyota’s turbo shitters have been a reliability nightmare thus far. Stelantis is going to be a fricking forest fire.

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

at the start I agree, these days the Ford 3.5 and 2.7 seem like the most reliable engines in a half ton
        >5.7 hemi still TICK TICK TICKing away
        >5.3 and 6.2 chevy V8s dropping valves and lifters due to shit tier cylinder shutoff
        >5.0 Coyote has oil consumption issues due to plasma lining

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

if i had to choose between the three, i'd choose the Coyote. Having to top up the oil every now and then is much better than your camshafts eating themselves alive or the Chevies self destructing themselves for the sake of emissions.
          The 5.0 pulls hard as frick too.

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

chevys are a $200 afm delete away from 0 valvetrain issues tho, and it still passes smog if youre unlucky enough to have to deal with that

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

I had a 2.7l work truck that lost a turbo, had multiple oil leaks from the PLASTIC oil pan, sensor issues all before 60k miles. I was one of many people that had a truck with rhat engine and all of those were traded in due to the issues for GMs.

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

Ford also at the forefront of warranty costs. Toyota’s turbo shitters have been a reliability nightmare thus far. Stelantis is going to be a fricking forest fire.

ford is always at the forefront of semen slurping

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

Ford is the most well off and best American manufacturer after the turn of the century by a wide margin

9. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Okay, but what can I put that engine into?

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

A junkyard

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

A Miata

10. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Well, Ram is done, but at least Ford and Chevy still have a V8 option.

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

Ram still has it in the 2500 it isnt going anywhere

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

Not for long. There's a gasoline Cummins 6.7 in the works. That 6.4 Hemi is a piece of shit and nobody buys it.

11. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Can't wait until they blow up all the time too. Ram drivers are by far the biggest buttholes and stupidest motherfrickers on the road. They KNOW they're being a pain in the ass.

Middle aged white women in Subarus don't. Those c**ts know they're in the wrong.

12. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

>turbo I6
    >truck

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

tbf a half ton is pretty much just a sedan with a bed at this point.

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

yeah they would never use a turbo 6 in a truck, that sound insane.

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

Basically every big rig is a turbo I6 truck you baka ass mufugga.

Mental midget tier shit to think a tiny displacement engine with exotic materials to be ultra lightweight is just as good as a 2k lb 9L diesel.

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

Basically every big rig is a turbo I6 truck you baka ass mufugga.

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

all those dump trucks in that pic have tarbo6s

13. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

sticking to v8's in the 21st century is basically just admitting that you're bad at making engines, simple as. Brabus pulled over 1000 HP from their engines decades ago.

14. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

>that front styling
    Everyday we stray further from God's light

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

the Ramcharger hybrid looks pretty good in that styling, id take one of those over the i6 or RAM REV EV truck.

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

The Ramcharger is literally just the EV with a generator, the engine only charges the battery. I think it makes the most sense
        >EV motor makes stupid torque and isn't affected by elevation changes
        >regen braking, doubly useful when going down a mountain
        >tried and true pentastar keeps the battery topped off and you can refuel anywhere

Wonder how they'll program it. Keep the battery charged at 80% all of the time or let it drain to 20% then kick on to charge it to 80%?
        Would be interesting to see if this would be more efficient than just towing with a Pentastar at highway speeds. We already know it's more efficient at city speeds that's just physics

15. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

I thought half the reason people even bought Rams or Dodge cars was for the cheap V8. With that gone where’s the market for Stellantis?

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

The Ramcharger might make more sense now, 150 mile EV but with a Pentastar as a range extender for towing

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

YWNBARC

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

LOL

That shit's just a half ton version of this. Oil israelite shills need not apply

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

You don't even have a car.

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

;^)

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

give it back jamal

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

LOL

16. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Eurobros finally we managed to cuck burgers. V8 cars are dropping like flies, one by one.

It took so long but now they can't laugh at us for not driving cheap V8s.

True, we moved on to 3 cylinders in the meantime but it's still a victory.

17. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

them CAFE standards are a b***h, arent they?

18. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Bring back i5!

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

It's for the smaller trucks anon

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

I just want Chevy/GM to use em again.

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

I don't
          V8s are better

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

Depends on what you're after. I'm only interested in Class 1 pick up trucks (6k lbs or less).

19. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

So basically those who want pickup with naturally aspirated V8, dont have much other choices than Ford F150.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *