Realistically what would it cost to really build one of these into a sleeper?

Realistically what would it cost to really build one of these into a sleeper? I know it’s the fast and furious car but I still think it’s one of the most beautiful big butt cars ever made in the compact car era

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just get a Supra if you want a fast big butt JDM weeb mobile.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Supra doesn’t have this much donk and is harder to get
      Look at all that ass

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Difference is 2nd gen GT3000 VR4 cost 10-20k. Sapras cost an arm, a leg, and your cum. And they have the SAME HP but the GT3000 has better features (if you find one with working active Aero and 4 wheel steering.) Also working on a VR4 is insanity because there is no room to work on anything, so your sanity just vanishes once you try and change spark plugs. But it is a much cheaper option for something arguably better than a Supra.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

OP image is a second gen Eclipse.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Sure, but the GT3000 VR4 is peak basically Mitsubishi, it all went downhill from there outside of the Evos.

>But it is a much cheaper option for something arguably better than a Supra.
          But the engine isn’t better.

It's not really worse though, is it? It's certainty comparable.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

on what planet is the 3000gt peak Mitsubishi?
            > 3800lbs
            > loaded with tech that was removed by owners because it didn't do anything, like AWS
            > almost no tuning potential
            > somehow more unreliable than the 4g63

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Unironically the 2-2.5G Montero was peak Mitsubishi. 3000GT was a attempt at a GTR fighter/supercar. I just wish we got the Diesels.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're not wrong. For the last 25 years I consider getting one every year or two because they're gorgeous (pre-facelift) but they just aren't as good as they look.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Honestly cars aren't meant to be a logical thing....just buy it because you like it. I can appreciate the post-facelift VR4s (97-99) even if they'll get walked by a $6000 2010 BMW 335xi (which actually has the same p/w...even reliability)

Or spend the money on a $20k Evo 1-4, your choice.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>But it is a much cheaper option for something arguably better than a Supra.
        But the engine isn’t better.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Can I like japanese stuff without being a weeb? Always thought weebs were the ones who took it too far

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They're expensive for what you get and unreliable. Had a laugh when I saw this listed for sale. But average price seems to be $7-12,000. And "sleeper" is arguable. Theyre best at BPU power levels with a Evo 3 16G and 300-350~ whp which is quicker than most Subarus and most of the V8 Muscle Cars if stock (cause 3000lb AWD car) but not actually fast. Any more horsepower and they break stuff like transmissions.

Personally wouldn't bother. You can find a early Evo for close to $20k.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Realistically?
    bout tree fiddy.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I used to own one of these. I spun out at 150mph in the dodgers stadium parking lot and almost kms.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

thats cause you didnt have n02, the extra power would have meant you were going faster so the air flow would have kept you more stable and you wouldnt have spun out

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Ahh ok. Well it doesn’t matter anymore, a couple of chinks on motorcycles destroyed the vehicle 🙁

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

dude, follow your dreams, there are supras burnt up at the junk yard for cheap. make sure you let everybody know, they gotta pop da hoood.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>sleeper
    Everyone on the planet knows what an eclipse is. You always get people trying to race you or getting thumbs ups.
    t. 2g owner

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

> Everyone on the planet knows what an eclipse is
      shitbox wannabe-fast-car?

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

im no expert in eclipses but from what i heard the turbo awd model basically has lanevo drivetrain.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Evo III, right down to the ecu. It even has the evo III map on the ecu for the larger 18g turbo and evo 3 injectors. Just need the software to unlock it.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's more Mitsu RVR than Evo 3. Smaller turbo (T25 vs 16G), smaller injectors, different pistons, weaker gearset.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No. You can load in stock evo 8 tables provided by ecmlink, but what you said is false.

t. owned dsms since the 90s, been using ecmlink nearly daily since 2001, and own 7 dsms currently.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

dsm will never be sleeper, its a well known car.

i think you mean "clean" not riced out or stanced out.

as for cost, it could cost little or alot, it depends on what your goal is, if you dont tell us a goal how are we supposed to guess at a dollar figure.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's impossible to make it a sleeper, it's a fast and the furious car and everyone knows about the 4G63. That's like saying you want to make a sleeper Corvette or some shit.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i mean, you could make it look like a NT with hubcaps and black door handles and a single exhaust tip muffler, etc etc. i put hubcaps and steelies on my 2g awd.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You have three options.
    >GS-Spyder
    FWD non-turbo 2.0 4G64. Rebuild the engine to fit a turbo and handle boost.
    >GS-T/GS-T Spyder
    FWD turbo 2.0 4G63. You *could* AWD swap the chassis but that is a frick ton of work that you probably don't know how to do. Welding, fabrication, sourcing parts, chassis modification, etc. Or pull the engine and find a GSX chassis.
    >GSX
    The fabled GSX that everyone wants. AWD turbo 4G63. You'd have take out a mortgage to find a clean one, or be willing to take on someone else's clapped out shitbox (that will still be overpriced to shit).

Here's the kicker though: you won't find any 2G Eclipses that aren't clapped to shit. Every 2G that you'll find will already be ran into the ground by chopshop tuner beaners and/or rusted the frick out. Every 2G Eclipse that has/had a 4G63 has probably had its engine pulled.
    On top of that, the as legendary as the 4G63 engine is, it spends more time on jackstands than actually driving/racing. 4G63s are horribly temperamental engines that have issues if you sneeze on them. If you're looking for a daily, look elsewhere or get a GS Spyder and enjoy it for what it is. If you just want a sleeper to rip on, enjoy it before it blows (because it will) and then enjoy paying the Evo Tax on a new engine.

I love the look of the 2Gs as well, but you ain't gonna find one, bro. Get an Evo X instead, if you want a fat ass Mitsubishi.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What do you think "sleeper" means?

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I can't make that drive on a single charge and have fun.
    The only supercharger on the route is in Burlington.

I hate living in the third-world.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *