Reality is starting to set in. First the marketing dept got axed, now 500+ supercharger network employees just got fired.

Reality is starting to set in. First the marketing dept got axed, now 500+ supercharger network employees just got fired.

The problem is everyone who wants an EV already has one. Many who wanted one and got one, ended up not liking them and traded them in where they sit on car lots for 9 months.

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yeah no shit, no wonder the stock went up, EV in america is dead and they know this. I'm guessing they'll focus more on china and maybe eu now.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You mean ICEV.

>97.5% of all registered vehicles have gas engines
      >oMg WhY aRe EvS sO pOpUlAr??
      LOL

That's registered, not sales.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>EV in america is dead and they know this
      it's basically guaranteed there will be either a ban on sales of gas cars or a bunch of israeli fees to make them prohibitively expensive to own

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Most people still want EVs. Your opinion on EVs isn't the popular one.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is that why dealerships can't move used EVs? Because there's just so much demand?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Is that why dealerships can't move used EVs?

If it isn't a Tesla, people don't want it. Simple as.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Used Teslas sit on car lots for an average of several months.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Wrong.

>Tesla Inc 's average inventory processing period in the Mar 31 2024 quarter, has increased to 68 days, from 65 days

https://csimarket.com/stocks/singleEfficiencyit.php?code=TSLA#:~:text=Tesla%20Inc%20's%20average%20inventory,achieved%20higher%20inventory%20turnover%20ratio.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

65 days is fricking horrible you braindead shill LMAO. That puts it up near the top as far as slowest selling used cars

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

thats hardly a deep sample base because tesla is not the only source of used teslas

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Tesla hater can't read

Many such cases.

https://i.imgur.com/GDOXtlS.jpeg

>only percentage with no context

You can't grow 50% every year. It would eventually exceed the mass of the universe.

You do know 99% of people drive ICE right? NPC

>r*ddit spacing

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Anons on DA were spacing their posts like that before Reddit even existed.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Not surprising. People who buy used don't do it for the sake of buying used, they do it cause it's affordable and at the back of their head the life span of the vehicle is calculated into the price.
        Everyone is thinking
        >I'm poor as dirt, but still need a car. If i spend x $, how long would this 10y old heap of junk last
        With EVs you get the battery problem
        >If i buy this used, how long before the battery needs to be replaced
        That's the major issue with the used EV market - I can spend 300 dollar on engine from a scrapp yard mazda 6 and put in in my mazda 3, the used tesla owner can't do that with a battery .

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>That's the major issue with the used EV market - I can spend 300 dollar on engine from a scrapp yard mazda 6 and put in in my mazda 3, the used tesla owner can't do that with a battery .
          why not?
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/116130805156?itmmeta=01HX9Z9WSTZAJWKVQWCJTC3P10&hash=item1b09ef75a4:g:PEwAAOSwpThkB4ei

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>one module
            >350USD

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>why not?
            >Yes I will ofcourse spend 5-6k for a refurbished battery for a ten year old car.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

LOL

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

holy shit california. Why are EVs so popular, is it cause the weather is more friendlier towards EVs?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>97.5% of all registered vehicles have gas engines
          >oMg WhY aRe EvS sO pOpUlAr??
          LOL

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no I meant why are EVs sold so much in cali relatively compared to other states. jfc do I have to spell out everything.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

dont you know where you are?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They got/get HOV lane access and more tax incentives. Traffic here is so genuinely awful that most of them coming with some form of advanced cruise control was a big selling point. No risk of overheating in pavement-for-miles heat island hell. Lotta money in tech/finance/venture capital/other shit to be made and be spent. GIGANTIC POPULATION as well, so the number is obviously inflated. They're just "oh another car" level of common, but not so common they're the main thing I see splitting lanes on my way home.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You forgot how ridiculous gas prices are in Cali compared to elsewhere. Last time I visited I was paying less for premium on the east coast than Cali was paying for regular by a good margin.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's due to cheap Canadian oil. Canada just opened the Trans Mountain pipeline which will cause West Coast gas prices to fall and the rest of the US to go up.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you do for people who instantly assume you hate EVs

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>why are EVs sold so much in cali relatively compared to other states
            Real answer, charging network is dog shit in most areas still. Even places that have charging stations might only have a few super chargers in some grocery store lot that don't work half the time. Or they're exclusive to a hotel, apartment, or other venue like a golf course.

So what dose that tell you? EV's are still a luxury good that poor people have little to no access to.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

California gave out mucho incentive to buy one. $7500 rebate on top of a federal rebate, and single driver carpool privilege. They were also the first state to ban the sale of gas cars by 2035.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Also gas is sometimes $7/gallon there

• 3 weeks ago
          Kevin Van Dam

Because they made it painful for people to buy gas powered cars. Now the top 2.5% of earners get an electric car because their wife still has a gas powered range rover, and the rest of the normal people are fricked paying >$5/gal for gas since they can’t afford a new $70k EV.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Also the majority of those EV's are concentrated around the large cities.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Most people still want EVs.

imagine if this wasn't a troll post and there was actually someone out there who actually believed this

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah because even the much cheaper used EVs are flying off the lots.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Most people still want EVs.
      EVs are 1% of all registered cars

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What percent of those non EV registered cars were built in the last 5 years.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

considering normal cars outsell EVs like 12 to 1, probably a lot lol

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Old cars are old news.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All I have to say about this is LOL

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Oink oink cyberfat

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's hilarious watching the leftoid EV homosexuals react to this by blaming Elon Musk because they don't like his politics, and not realizing it's because they got scammed and are morons.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sorry for the redditposting
    EVs don't inherently suck they've just been enshittified before they got any traction

>Anyone who lives in an apartment is fricked for charging
    >condo owners only fair every so slightly better but still have to convince their strata to let them install a charger in their parking stop
    >chinkshit public charging stations only have a 20% chance of working and make you download a dumbass app
    >Relying on DC fast chargers as your main way of charging is moronic
    >Some moronic who can install chargers at home still only use DC fast charging

>Car makers treat them like smartphones and don't sell parts at reasonable prices
    >Parts are DRM cucked so you can't go aftermarket without breaking DMCA
    >EVs are moronicly priced

>no one makes a small cheap EV hatchback with CCS or NACS so I personally don't care

The only good EVs are older leafs because they have a solid aftermarket and even if the range is enough for 99% of people everyone still wants the option to drive 400mi at the drop of a hat.
    The only way I see charging in apartments getting fixed is electric utilities start working with building owners or installing off street parking stalls that get billed to your electric bill.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Parts are DRM cucked so you can't go aftermarket without breaking DMCA

This is every new car now dude.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

no it's not

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>The problem is everyone who wants an EV already has one.

maybe. The cost prospect is still too high for most people even with grants.

>Many who wanted one and got one, ended up not liking them and traded them in where they sit on car lots for 9 months.

thats a dealership problem with misreading pricing in their market/inventory. And thats a rampant problem.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Many who wanted one and got one

2 more weeks until zero demand.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is this a graph of Tesla layoffs?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Tesla hater can't read

Many such cases.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It looked like a graph showing the huge increase of layoffs and firings

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>cumulative sales
      jesus christ lol

• 3 weeks ago
        Kevin Van Dam

Kek. I didn’t even realize that. The graph actually shows very little increase in EV sales. Amazon is probably responsible for like 1/3 of that growth in the past year or two,

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

yeah fleet sales are basically all EVs have left at this point. everyone else is done with them.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>2024 is even worse
      The reality is that EV sales seem to be peaking.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>change from a year earlier
        >no scale
        >no units on either axis
        >no source
        >actually shows improved sales but designed to look like sales are dropping

Oh look, a big oil shill farm picture.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>only percentage with no context

You can't grow 50% every year. It would eventually exceed the mass of the universe.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Is this an AI generated image? It makes no sense

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It does make sense, it's just not useful for any kind of point that guy is making. It shows EV sales consistently growing from the previous year each month, with some months growing less than others. So the moron posted proof that demand increased and claimed that demand is decreasing.

Kek. I didn’t even realize that. The graph actually shows very little increase in EV sales. Amazon is probably responsible for like 1/3 of that growth in the past year or two,

>The graph actually shows very little increase in EV sales.
          How in the frick do you figure? The graph resembles an exponential growth trend, meaning that not only is the total cumulative sales number increasing, it's increasing at an increasing rate. Why is everyone here so fricking bad at interpreting data? Graphs are not that complicated you dumb Black folk

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>EV shills have resorted to charting sales numbers on a graph with a scale that means it literally cannot go down even if sales are zero
      LOL

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tesla's days are numbered as Chinese EVs are showing that all First Gen lithium EVs can and should be in the 10-30k price range and not anywhere over that. Everyone that wants and EV either has one or is waiting for the next innovation, which Tesla won't be. Maybe Toyota can crack that solid state code

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They should make a cheap tiny city car. Something that's small and good for getting you to work and back on your daily commute; but that doesn't pretend it can replace a gas vehicle and go cross country.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The desperate push for the cybertruck killed any hope of a cheap city putter or a >25k tesla. The absolute best thing they could do is to have a stripped model 3 and sell it at a loss

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You mean a <25k Tesla, a "less than" 25k Tesla

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yes, that's what I meant. Elon was hyping up the tesla for 25k but then just dropped the idea to focus on the cybertruck, only for Ford to release their EV Truck first and end up tanking the entire Truck EV market by showcasing why current EVs make terrible utility vehicles

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

they already exist
      Golf carts

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I believe compact EV make the least sense, ironically enough. a compact 90hp Renault Zoe weighs as much as a midsize sedan like the newst 190hp 3 series, 1600kg. so if you need to scale up the batterypack you need a bigger chassis anyway which leads to fullsize sedan or suvs. not to mention handling, tear and wear on small EV is abysmal they have shit turning radius, cant corner and you cant use them as bumpercars think city parking.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

BYD Seagull weights 1,240 kg with a 39 kWh battery.
        The similar sized Toyota Aygo X weights 1,015 kg.
        The future is now.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Only Npc morons drive teslas and ev

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You do know 99% of people drive ICE right? NPC

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Dude your article is from last month
    Post something more recent

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Teslagays will tell you this is normal and sign of a healthy company

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It certainly is healthier than being unable to layoff people to regain better profitability.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Kek

What is this, three rounds of mass firings in as many weeks?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

3 rounds of layoffs + 4 top execs resigning in the last month or so

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It seems like it's only going to get worse. They rode the fad trend for as long as they could but the gravy train is ending.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>get fired
      >they give you the pinks though
      I hope they're for a model S

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>new vehicles
    as opposed to old vehicles? sounds like theyre laying off everyone.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

we won, completely
    everyone with a brain knew we would but im just really happy this day is here

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's not polite to talk for other people.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

lol

• 3 weeks ago
      [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

this makes sense, all EVs are in a dip right now but it will come out of the dip due to government regulation forcing everyone to eventually buy electric cars, that is coming no doubt
      at that point the value will come back up and your investment will return with big gains
      literally buy the dip

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

True, the only way for mass EV adoption to happen is for the government to point a gun at people's heads

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not an EV fan, but not a hater either. Seeing Tesla lay off heaps of staff seems like a good move for them, with their income reducing.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I think Elon said tesla is going into humanoid robots and AI and the cars arent going to be their primary business anymore

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

yeah dude is a nut job. good luck with that shit lol

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sandy Munro absolutely schooled all the Tesla layoff critics lol

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Uh oh
    https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/05/teslas-self-driving-claims-subject-to-federal-securities-and-wire-fraud-probe/

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

EV drivers are all whiny leftists

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A massive percentage of people only buy used cars in the sub $15k range and that does not exist for EVs
    I don't get why people ever, ever thought we'd see 1.5X growth year on year. Demand is now a bigger bottleneck than manufacturing, when manufacturing is the bottleneck obviously growth will be massive.
    If you want to increase demand, you need on street parking chargers, easily replaceable batteries, and ranges above 400 miles (For some reason people really, really care about that)
    EVs aren't dead but the honeymoon is over. They're cars now and need to compete like cars.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

used EVs in the $15,000 range is super common.
      issue is, ain't no one trust a EV battery after 100,000 miles.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>replaceable batteries
      if we're talking about majorities, no one fricking cares about this shit. No normalgay even imagines swapping a battery from their car. It's like saying majority of drivers drive their cars down until it needs engine swap. Other shit yeah, I agree

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm not saying a hot swap, I'm saying "My battery is broken and I need to bring it to a mechanic"
        Right now the replacement cost is the cost of the car

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>robotaxi
    Turns out AI is really difficult to make work in an imperfect world.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *