Recovering Wrenchud

My father, and his father before him, were tradesmen.
I used to believe doing all my own work, having tools, and keeping used cars for years was something benefitial, something to proud of. But it occured to me how much time I've spent working on shitboxes, the inconvenience it incurs, plus the money tied up in tools and space just to save a few dollars at the shop. It dawned on me how pointless it all is.
The things I could have acheived, the business I might have built, if I had that time and money back.
I wasn't beating the system by living independently, I just wasted the time and opportunities I had to do menial labor. Work that never scaled in value. If I wanted to be successful I should have leveraged my resources to research business strategies, build connections, and increase my returns whether the invest was time, effort, or capital.
It turns out spending money isn't a zero sum game. You aren't a slave to the financing or service departments. They're liberators freeing you to pursue more meaningful, more valuable, ventures than having rust fall in your face under a '0X Toyota.
Now I recognize the workspace, tool cabinets, and worn out cars - the scars, and lingering pains - for what they really are: liabilities.
Don't let yourself be a wrenchud, DA. It's not worth it

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

Blah blah blah
    If you weren't wrenching tour Toyota you just would've been wrenching your dick

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

toyota sucks, you suck, get gud skill issue

You talk like a gay and your shit's all moronic. Stop blaming your failure to become a homosexual business leech on your car, c**t.

IMO you only need mechanical knowledge so that you don't get scammed by a mechanic when he does a repair. Don't care to actually do it myself if I know the mechanic will do it for a fair price.

OP BTFO, like always

2. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

toyota sucks, you suck, get gud skill issue

3. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

You talk like a gay and your shit's all moronic. Stop blaming your failure to become a homosexual business leech on your car, c**t.

4. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

IMO you only need mechanical knowledge so that you don't get scammed by a mechanic when he does a repair. Don't care to actually do it myself if I know the mechanic will do it for a fair price.

5. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

Whether or not you should wrench is just based on how much money you make and whether you enjoy wrenching or not.

6. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

demoralization agent, you've never picked up a wrench before in your life

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

holy based, pleasure to share the board with you

https://i.imgur.com/8lJnqAl.jpg

My father, and his father before him, were tradesmen.
      I used to believe doing all my own work, having tools, and keeping used cars for years was something benefitial, something to proud of. But it occured to me how much time I've spent working on shitboxes, the inconvenience it incurs, plus the money tied up in tools and space just to save a few dollars at the shop. It dawned on me how pointless it all is.
      The things I could have acheived, the business I might have built, if I had that time and money back.
      I wasn't beating the system by living independently, I just wasted the time and opportunities I had to do menial labor. Work that never scaled in value. If I wanted to be successful I should have leveraged my resources to research business strategies, build connections, and increase my returns whether the invest was time, effort, or capital.
      It turns out spending money isn't a zero sum game. You aren't a slave to the financing or service departments. They're liberators freeing you to pursue more meaningful, more valuable, ventures than having rust fall in your face under a '0X Toyota.
      Now I recognize the workspace, tool cabinets, and worn out cars - the scars, and lingering pains - for what they really are: liabilities.
      Don't let yourself be a wrenchud, DA. It's not worth it

Driving and wrenching is a chore to you since you're a nu-male

• 4 months ago

He uses a ratchet on his junk 100%
      >verification not required

7. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm coming from the opposite spectrum. No one ever explained cars to me or showed me how to wrench. I started off fixing small things on my old Wrangler TJ, then bigger jobs like suspension refresh, new clutch, new engine gaskets.

Just recently I finished off picrel. My girlfriends Chevy Sonic. Fixed a blown head gasket, installed new timing chain, water pump, did valve timing, and new valve cover gasket. She paid for all the parts and I saved her thousands in labor.

My dad is super proud of me, my car friends are impressed with how far I've come, and my girlfriend is even more smitten with me and can't stay off my dick.

Wrenching is good anon, keep doing it.

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

Looks good anon. I also fix my own shit. I wouldn't let another man frick my wife why let him frick up my car. I like things done properly so I do it myself.

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

>I'm coming from the opposite spectrum. No one ever explained cars to me or showed me how to wrench
      I wish I listened to my parents and never got into that shit wasting my life away. And studied something good like engineering instead after HS.

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

You know it's possible to do both, right? Just because you can fix your own stuff doesn't mean you need to spend every spare minute doing so.

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

Anon, it sounds like you're not so much regretting wrenching as extreme frugality to a point of stubbornness. If you feel like you're not getting what you want out of life. Is it an income issue? Never too late to career pivot if you're not afraid to do the work.

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

It sounds like you're just a gay and your shits all moronic

My buddy at Porsche working as a tech at the local dealership makes more than most engineering majors

having hobbies and doing things yourself builds character. paying for other people to do things for you makes you a cuck. more likely scenario is you just binge watched some incomemaxing make your first million retire at 35 grift youtube videos that put you into a rethink your whole personality emotional state like some sort of weak minded woman and felt the need to share your 'revelations' with the world.

What he said, unless you're doing something worth at least $70/hr in your spare time op is a gay

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

ok but what if i'm only doing something worth $60/hr in my spare time

• 4 months ago
        Anonymous

>something good like engineering
        you wouldn't make it one semester
        t. engineer
        we all have autism

• 4 months ago
          Anonymous

Can confirm we all have autism
          t. engineer

8. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

wrenching on your own shit if youre competent at the job saves about $100/hr vs paying a shitbox janny
    this is the same as working for yourself at $208k/yr salary post tax (over 250k pre tax)

9. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

Your time is worth less than the money you saved by wrenching on your own shit. Besides, you wouldn't have done anything with that extra time anyways since you're a whiny homosexual that can't manage his time. Eat shit.

10. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

>The things I could have acheived, the business I might have built, if I had that time and money back.
    >I wasn't beating the system by living independently, I just wasted the time and opportunities I had to do menial labor. Work that never scaled in value. If I wanted to be successful I should have leveraged my resources to research business strategies, build connections, and increase my returns whether the invest was time, effort, or capital.
    Anon, i doubt you're Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos.

11. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

I went the other way and get paid more than you do to diagnose and fix other people's shitheaps, then wrench on my own pile when I have time. I genuinely like it, so I'm getting paid to do something I like doing and my investment in tools (and my skills) is actually making me money, not just saving it.

12. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

having hobbies and doing things yourself builds character. paying for other people to do things for you makes you a cuck. more likely scenario is you just binge watched some incomemaxing make your first million retire at 35 grift youtube videos that put you into a rethink your whole personality emotional state like some sort of weak minded woman and felt the need to share your 'revelations' with the world.

• 4 months ago
      Anonymous

kek spot on with the YouTube grifter millionaires LAMMMOOO

13. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

A similar thought dawned on me weeks ago.

I’ve wasted so many hours of frustration, pain, and stress wrenching on my shit to save a few bucks. All that time Id laugh at people financing new cars, thinking highly of myself for not being a “slave to my machine” by spending all that money on a new car. When all this time I have literally been a slave to my machines, working obsessively and tirelessly for hours and hours at a time, getting filthy and getting hurt. And for what. To keep some piece of shit mechanical contraption alive?

14. 4 months ago
    Anonymous

I enjoy working on my shitbox (which isn't very often because shit doesn't breat) as well as my project. Can't tell you how good it felt to finally drive the project after I swapped the motor in it and got it running.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *