Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>car slipping
    >turn off car slipping

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It’s to turn the slippy control off like if you’re semi-stuck and just want to floor it and let em spin

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It nullifies the slipperiness of water and ice and means you can drive as recklessly as you want with zero risk.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, will try this and report back

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not necessary. My traction control is my right foot.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Conveniently, I used to be a quality engineer in an ABS / TCS / ESP plant.
    All it does is hit certain brakes when spin is detected or assumed likely, depending on the specs the manufacturer told us. If you're used to how a car normally drives it's weird when it kicks in. It will not allow you to drive fast in rough conditions, but may help you at low speeds if you have no throttle control.
    I've driven with the fuse pulled for over a decade frick that shit.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>I've driven with the fuse pulled for over a decade frick that shit.
      There are very few active safety intervention systems where I think it's an improvement. The only one I really noticed was good was the Prius. I don't know how they manage power delivery but it has extremely fine control over its electric motors to the point where it's fantastic even on ice. There was a time when most cars would be stranded, there would be an Uber with a Prius that always managed to make it to the destination.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It turns off the bacon dispenser

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Redpill me on this
    i think it depends on the vehicle but on my truck when its on, the computer will use throttle and brake control to keep the wheels from spinning at all. a short press, in 2WD will turn on auto LSD and that uses the brakes to keep both wheels spinning, without messing with the throttle. a long press in 2WD will disable it completely.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why does it have a button to view a cup?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

360 camera

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Your car is gay. Mine doesn't even have assists.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My foot is physically connected to the throttle body with no computer intervention on my personal vehicles, I don't even have ABS just like the good Lord intended. All stability/traction control does is moron proof vehicles. tbf it works pretty good on my RWD work van. You can throw it into a icy turn and it will let you slide a foot or two then it will cut the throttle and start applying brake power to the corners of the van to shut down the fun.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

On snowy days, when I try to accelerate from a stoplight, the traction control blinks at me while the car goes so slowly.
    Other cars in the next lane often get away twice as quickly, while I can only accelerate away at whatever slow-ass speed the TCS is allowing.

I can see it pisses off drivers stopped at the light behind me, and sometimes they'll actually pass around me while I'm still trying to accelerate away from the light. TCS makes the acceleration so slow.
    2009 Ford Fusion, by the way.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Stupid to turn it off unless you're doing it for the sole purpose of kicking the back out.
    If you're trying to do some lively driving, just keep it on and don't put yourself and those around you in danger.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Burnout button.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Only good on road, debilitating for any car stuck off road in even the slightest of poor conditions
    Some new subarus will completely lock up and shut down if they detect too much slippage

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That's the lift off button. If I press it, I can lift off oversteer without the car trying to intervene. Surprisingly the car can do this in the dry too. Mazda really likes oversteer to the point where their small FWD cars can do it without the handbrake too.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

is that the only button you have?

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My car is too old to have traction control.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you have an AWD car, your AWD system will brake wheels that aren't making contact with the ground and just spinning, wasting power that could otherwise be directed to wheels that are still making contact. Turning traction control off means that system is disabled and all 4 wheels just spin dumbly. It can help or hurt when getting out of certain jams. In most cases you just want to leave it on.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Traction control is for girls.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

your owners manual tells you everything your car does

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *