>runs forever

>runs forever
What's their secret?

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Design things as simple as possible to perform a given function and design everything so margin of error and defects in manufacturing impacts reliable operation as little as possible. Finally if it ain't broke (iterate on known reliable design), don't fix it (clean-sheet designs) if you can help it.

Actually one more thing. Don't leash your Engineers by the hand of the Bean Counters. That's how Fords happen.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They use 10~15 year old technology when making a brand new engine family and underpower everything. That and yes good tolerances for mating surfaces or it gets melted.

>make your small engines anemic as frick
      >reuse old working designs avoid innovation
      >further reduce engine stress by attaching an electric motor and battery

but in the case of big toyoda engines
      >displacement and cylinder count
      >copy 90's BMW's VVT method for n/a power gains because cant into forced induction

I miss when Toyoda acctually inovated like the two Jay Z rapper

This guy gets it. People just don't fricking know the truth because they don't wrench. Honda does innovate here and there, Toyota does once in a generation.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

what he said

refusal to innovate is their secret, toyota tried to go with electric wastegates and the tundra is now shit while every other turbo engine after it is back to vacuum wastegates

gr corolla's highest level of tech is fricking d4s and maybe electrohydraulic plated clutches in the rear/tcase both of which came out in 2008

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>electrohydraulic plated clutches
        Oh I forgot to mention that. Their metallurgy is cheap as frick. I mean it's not cutting corners like asiatics, but it's nothing to write home about. What's d4s though?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Direct Injection + Port Injection

It's why Toyota engines don't carbon up at high miles like every other manufacturer including Mazda and BMW.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>have problems with my 2005 hiace
    >find tutorial for a 1990 land cruiser with the same part
    >same part is also in my brothers 2024 hiace
    part in question is a fricking window crank.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Boring underpowered motors that are designed to not explode when slightly neglected and run for at least 200,000 miles if you do take care of it.
    Run one a quart or two low while redline launching every stoplight and it wont run forever.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>make your small engines anemic as frick
    >further reduce engine stress by attaching an electric motor and battery

but in the case of big toyoda engines
    >displacement and cylinder count
    >copy 90's BMW's VVT method for n/a power gains because cant into forced induction

I miss when Toyoda acctually inovated like the two Jay Z rapper

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

based

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

This but unironically. the loss of the 3ur family in tundra, land cruiser, etc is beyond lamentable and I think the beginning of the end for Toyota as a prestigious brand.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/GkRAweW.png

They use 10~15 year old technology when making a brand new engine family and underpower everything. That and yes good tolerances for mating surfaces or it gets melted.
      [...]
      This guy gets it. People just don't fricking know the truth because they don't wrench. Honda does innovate here and there, Toyota does once in a generation.

>noooo you MUST use the latest and greatest thing!
      >yeeaap if it ain't broke don't fix it *sips monster*

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

One of the biggest reasons
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Edwards_Deming

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Toyota back then

Toyota now

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>What's their secret?
    billions spent on R&D

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Their R&D spending ranks second in the global auto
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_by_research_and_development_spending

>considering weak yen and low labor costs of the Japanese

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>burns a quart of oil every 300 miles
    >runs forever
    why are weeblets are so fricking delusional

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

style

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Ugly. Slow. Gay.
      Delusional.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

literally only one of those 3 things now h8r

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Ugly. Slow. Gay.
          Delusional.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

H8R ALERT

• 2 months ago
            sage all ugly slow gay cars

i don't even know what car that is it's just ugly, slow, and gay. you thinking it isn't shows how delusional weeblets are

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>womp womp

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Looks like the first gen ford probe used in back to the future 2

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Hideous. Unhurried. Homosexual.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/GgbLhR2.jpg

H8R ALERT

https://i.imgur.com/SP1bE4d.jpg

style

I saw nicer Toyotas on Instagram

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/GgbLhR2.jpg

H8R ALERT

I'm honestly glad they killed the Prius off with this hideous abomination. I got one as a fleet vehicle and it was the biggest piece of shit ever, completely fell apart and had transmission issues around 40k miles.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>completely fell apart and had transmission issues around 40k miles.
            post the vin

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

blacks and women destroy everything they touch, Toyota did a good job

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Slow
        You have to be zoomer who havent grown up yet, nobody gives a shit about because theres speed limits. Only comfort, safety and reliabaility matters.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The zoomers I know either never drive because it's scary or are like 2 points away from a suspended license due to speeding/etc. Literally no middle ground.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

slowgaylet cope

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

TOYOTA CHADS JUST KEEP WINNING

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>power
    >cost
    >reliability
    Pick two and only two. This is the Toyota way. That and as other anons have mentioned, they don’t innovate at all and use 15 year old technology that is already tried and true. Nothing wrong with that, but it leaves the burden of innovation on other manufacturers like GM, Ford, etc.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What is Ford innovating other than stuffing 3 cylinder engines in their >trucks

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>toyYODA

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Toyota is dumb. It’s what you buy when you’ve given up on life. You can also just delude yourself by buying a Toyota with a different badge (REXUS) and leather seats too that costs more.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>my life is so interesting because I own a poorly engineered car
      a bit sad 2bh

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

one of the only perks of being a Canadacuck is that I only have to wait 15 years to import instead of 25, I'd like to import either a 2007 mr2 spyder or a 2007 caldina gt4, I can't choose which one would be best though, I do a delivery job (been driving since Nov 2020 and have done near 12,000 deliveries) and I want something with a bit more finesse

if I go with the caldina I get that sweet celica gt4 drivetrain and 3sgte engine but I think parts are going to be a lot harder to get (mostly with just waiting for them to come from Japan or wherever), it'd be a lot better in the snow and I could probably get rid of my 2015 corolla because of its practically, it only comes in auto though and I'd really miss driving stick (unless I save enough to replaced with a manual transmission but that'd cost an arm and a leg here in Canada..), also would consume a bit more fuel but I don't mind it if it means I get a bit of more fun to drive car

the mr2 spyder is really light and the mid engine thing is cool, even with the low powered 1zz I'd still like it (mainly because the roads here are too short, and with too many corners to really allow utilizing much more power, highest speed limit is only 50km in my small city), would definitely be keeping my Corolla if I went this route, it being able to come with a manual by default and being more of the "driver's car" is appealing, and since it was sold here in North America it'd be alot easier to find parts for it. It rains here like half the year though and the 4wd of the caldina would definitely handle it better than the mr2 spyder.

what do you guys think?

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Their owners are smart enough to get the oil changed

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *