Scam or no?

Scam or no?

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Scam, better to have roadside and towing through your insurance.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Depends on your insurance. Where we live, neither AAA nor our insurance companies do anything in the house so it's really a matter of who's cheapest because they're going to be calling around and Outsourcing the service they allegedly provide anyway. I say allegedly because I broke down on an Interstate in Chesapeake Virginia and had to wait 11 hours for a tow. Would have had to wait longer if I hadn't done half the work myself calling the companies they told me were coming.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

My insurance took 3 hours last time to get a tow truck to me (middle of the night, downtown nogville). AAA has always been fast. I’d say go with AAA unless there’s a big cost difference.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>better to have roadside and towing through your insurance.
      No, my insurance company regards usage of that provision to be a "Chargeable Incident". This allows them to do a rate hike for chargeable incidents. Because their payout for a tow or roadside service is so low as compared to a collision repair, it is more profitable to the insurance company if you use this provision to hike your insurance rates.

The above occurs because my state insurance commissioner limits the amount an insurance company can hike your rates if there are no chargeable incidents. Those limitations are removed if there is a chargeable incident in that yearly window.

Having AAA means you don't get chargeable incidents on your insurance record. AAA has never been a scam because they do provide service instead of rejecting you on a technicality. It's a scam only if they refuse to honor their service agreement. Even if you don't use AAA in the year, it still isn't a scam because PEACE OF MIND is worth something to me.

>pay $70 a year for it
      >regular tow would cost me $350
      >AAA gives 3 a year
      >can get some wagie to tow my car and drive me home if im drunk on friday
      >barely pay because AAA dollars
      No idea how this is a viable business model.

I've always wondered how they make money.
      Absolutely worth it when needed.

>No idea how this is a viable business model.
      Because the vast majority of members are like me who never use their services. I like the peace of mind feature.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have 3 shitboxes and enlist their goy henchmen to tow them when they die. useful service that my mommy pays for

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How often do you need a tow truck? I have never had a breakdown while driving.

Just save your money and call a tow truck when you need it. There's no point in paying for tow insurance, especially if you know they'll give you a shitty tow that will show up in 3-4 hours

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Very useful service. Takes a ton of money off tow truck, battery replacement, and tire replacement when you have a problem.

All the other anons saying it's a scam is fricking stupid.

If you live in an area that's highway heavy and you always need to use the highway to get ANYWHERE you a need tow truck at least once a year.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>you a need tow truck at least once a year.
        lmao, what do you drive that is breaking down yearly? Shoulda bought a German car

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

breaking down?
          Truckers drop shit all the time. The road is often littered with shit from them. The worst is all the truckBlack folk that must haul stuff in a trailer at all times. They're fricking stupid and it falls off all the time.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Not my problem. If it's big enough to break your car then it's on you for not noticing. Luckily I have a BMW so I can swerve on a dime. Hell, I wish their was more shit in the road so I could actually RP as a race driver and swerve that shit. Besides that, I got the big 315mm wide tires so I can stop on a dime too. Not sure what you're driving but it sucks to suck. On second thought... Are you a thirdie?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>If it's big enough to break your car then it's on you for not noticing
            God you are dumb.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You're the one who can't keep their eyes on the road or plan 2 seconds ahead. I'm not even exaggerating, that is how dumb you are. No cap

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This. I have broken down dozens of times and needed a tow exactly once and that was because I broke an axle when my diff mount tore off the subframe and put the cv joint into what I imagine was a 90 degree angle. Had my alky friend flat tow me back home using his honda fit and several old seatbelts

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Everyone should have AAA and get at least the plus membership because basic membership only covers a 5 mile tow then you're paying out of pocket for any extra mileage, and it adds up quickly

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Got the shoe home for no cost.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not if you own a bunch of shitboxes. It saved me a while ago when I broke down 150 miles from home. That tow would have written off the car otherwise. If you have a newer and trustworthy vehicle it's pretty pointless unless you're one of those dumbfricks who can't keep their tank full or you're too moronic to change a tire.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>pay $70 a year for it
    >regular tow would cost me $350
    >AAA gives 3 a year
    >can get some wagie to tow my car and drive me home if im drunk on friday
    >barely pay because AAA dollars
    No idea how this is a viable business model.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I've always wondered how they make money.
      Absolutely worth it when needed.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>I've always wondered how they make money.
        98% of their subscribers will never use their services. That's pure profit for them. Getting paid to do nothing is as good as it gets.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You forgot something: they'll only tie you a couple miles on the basic plan. Anything more and you gotta pay extra.

The cost to tow a car a few miles is normally like $60 anyways, so you're just prepaying your tow insurance regardless of if you even need it, lmao.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>They show up to tow you 3 hours later and you're already sober again
      Congrats, you played yourself

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

do the math
    if you drive all over all the time, sure
    if you mostly drive within an hour of your house, get an old 3/4 ton and a tow dolly or used car trailer
    hell you can flat tow anything home locally with anything with a steel frame if you have someone to help and a good set of chains

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Their tows are only free for a very short distance, after that they charge you even more per mile than a normal local towing company would.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's why you spend the extra $50/yr on the premium membership. Then you only pay after 300 miles or something.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The only time I ever got a tow was when I disvonnected my battery in the winter so I would have an excuse to stay at my girls place again. The shop they towed it to tried to charge me $300 for a "mouse chewing through the wire"

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Worth it the first rainy night you have a blowout, and find your spare is flat as well (or if you don't even have one)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *