Scrap it or give it to my dad for free

>dad buys me my first car back in 2015 for $6k
>for a couple of years we went 50/50 on repairs
>last couple of years (2 or so, I've had to do 100% of the repairs)
>car right now isn't working (needs $1500 in repairs)
>brother is graduating highschool and needs a car
>I don't want the car anymore (it's worth around $2500)
Should I just scrap this shit or just give it to my dad for free and let him do the repair and give it to my brother?
It's a 2006 Xterra with 130k miles. A used car in decent condition nowadays is probably $8k right?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why would you think about scrapping something that can be made perfectly usable for someone else with a little bit of time and effort

Ask your dad and brother if they have any use for it and if they do then give it to them

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The car has been riddled with problems, if it's not one things it's the other.
      I don't want him to dump 1500 in parts (catalytic converter and new a/c). We're doing the labor ourselves like always.

>isn't working
      elaborate

Cat system (the exhaust fumes aren't coming out) and a/c.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Regardless of any of this, why are you asking us

Tell your brother and father what's wrong with the car and see if they want to bother fixing it or not

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Best answer. Also keeps you from being mistaken as ungrateful unlike if you just scrapped it without telling them it's fricked.`

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Cat system (the exhaust fumes aren't coming out)
        As the bible says, if your cat is where your evil lies, pull it out

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Cat is plugged and AC doesn't work.
        >I should scrap the car over this.

Get a universal cat and some exhaust clamps off Ebay, and let your brother roll down the windows when it's hot out. $150, simple as.

If you're feeling fancy you can get an ebay bolt-in cat actually made for your car. $250, simple as.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The car has been riddled with problems, if it's not one things it's the other.
          I don't want him to dump 1500 in parts (catalytic converter and new a/c). We're doing the labor ourselves like always.
          [...]
          Cat system (the exhaust fumes aren't coming out) and a/c.

I got one like this for my Honda a few years back. Worked just fine

https://www.ebay.com/itm/386278421120

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I'm thinking of buying a cheap system like this guy suggests

[...]

I got one like this for my Honda a few years back. Worked just fine

https://www.ebay.com/itm/386278421120

Screw paying $800 for OEM.

https://i.imgur.com/3C6qdfP.jpg

>a/c
          Who gives a shit roll the window down
          >cat
          Buy an o2 sensor spacer off some chink website or eBay to fool the obdII to pass smog.

I don't need to pass emissions. The car is completely bogged because exhaust fumes won't pass.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I don't need to pass emissions
            Even better. Either cut that b***h out or throw on a cheap walker cat.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I don't need to pass emissions. The car is completely bogged because exhaust fumes won't pass.
            lmao just chop the fricking thing away you moron

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>a/c
        Who gives a shit roll the window down
        >cat
        Buy an o2 sensor spacer off some chink website or eBay to fool the obdII to pass smog.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>a/c
          >Who gives a shit roll the window down
          have you ever met an amerilard?
          they WILL absolutely scrap a car if the AC system goes
          they ARE the most embarrassingly feminized people on earth

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Fun fact: Dorman makes A/C delete pulleys for many vehicles. I love ripping all of that shit out.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I met one troony in a major American city once so that means every one of them is like that!
            Ok, Binjeep.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://www.nissanpartspuller.com/product-page/2005-nissan-frontier-xterra-pathfinder-catalytic-converter-kit

Fix the cats before they fully let go and send platinum dust into the motor so it ruins the cylinders and starts burning oil. Those motors have exhaust gas reversion that usually sucks the cat back in when it breaks apart.

AC is piss easy to fix.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Cat system (the exhaust fumes aren't coming out) and a/c.
        Here I was thinking it'd be your troony the red milkshake of death, this stuff is easy

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I don't want to fix it because I'm scared of the troony / coolant mix that happens.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

just disconnect the troony from the radiator and check if you've got one of the new radiators that they replaced in the recalls
            Xterras can go a while without cooled troony fluids

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

just buy a new koyo/tyc radiator it's $150

do the heater hose outlet fix too from Z1Offroad it's like $40 to replace the plastic fitting that cracks with a billet one

would also do the expansion tank if it's original

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's basically a free fix if you don't have to pass smog. Gut the cat or straight pipe it. Frick a/c. If you'd rather a new car with a/c cool but for a first car your little brother can deal with it. Frick my little boy dealt with no heat here in pa, he'd use hot water bottles on the dash to defrost.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Also on this note if the troony goes it goes. troony was going on my little brother's car too. My dad told him it'll get him to work and back, but it's about to blow so start saving up now to buy your next car. Which he did.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>isn't working
    elaborate

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>nissan
    scrap it unless you're a crackhead tweaker looking for coper or black/mexican

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It routinely gets 100+ on the freeways in America, you are risking literal death if you skip A/C.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I have lived in Las Vegas for 20 years and my car has never had AC, I just roll the window down and drink some nice cold water

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I have never bothered to fix my broken AC, but bragging about not having it in a desert isn't really the flex you think it is.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I could easily fix it, I just don't care

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Ok, so why are you bragging that you have the motivation of a Black person? It doesn't make yo look cool or """"""""""manly"""""""""""" it just makes you look pathetic.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

not at all, I have lots of motivation
            the heat just doesn't bother me at all, I'm a mechanic, I could fix it in a few hours and it would cost around 300 for the compressor and expansion valve and evaporator/condenser bundle
            you should show me how mechanically inclined you are right now

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>you should show me how mechanically inclined you are right now
            I pulled an abandoned kia suv with a blown engine out of its grave and built it into a reliable daily driver.
            Its AC is broken, but you don't see me bragging about it as some sort of virtue that I'm too lazy to fix it.
            >waah the heat doesn't bother me that's why I need to chug ice water to stay cool every time I drive it!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This totally happened btw

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Sure, kid, nobody but you knows how to work on cars.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Well I'll be dipped in dog shit. If you actually revived a busted asiaticmobile rats off to ya my friend. Seemed implausible to me, mainly because I couldn't imagine anyone investing the effort into such an endeavor.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Its AC is broken
            wow man are you really this unmotivated like a jogger???

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>wow man are you really this unmotivated
            It was an abandoned car, there are things higher on the priority list than the AC when it doesn't get that hot in the summer here. It is coming up, though.

Well I'll be dipped in dog shit. If you actually revived a busted asiaticmobile rats off to ya my friend. Seemed implausible to me, mainly because I couldn't imagine anyone investing the effort into such an endeavor.

It was a rust-free southern car in frick you salt-ville, and it was free if I could start it and get it home. I'm still ahead on repair cost vs buying a used car and solving its problems.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>changed some parts
            yeah, any Mexican is on this level

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So show us your stripped down daily driver that sat under a tree for 8 years with blown head gaskets and junked bearings, since it's so easy.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Sounds like you wasted a lot of time, are you so poor you had to get a trashed car running?
            Did the machine shop deck your heads and grind and polish your crank?
            I’ve changed dozens of head gaskets, it’s nothing special, indeed it’s Mexican work, now lemme see your hands

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So you have no proof?

>Sounds like you wasted a lot of time, are you so poor you had to get a trashed car running?
            The classic "ur por lul" argument, the staple of the low IQ poster.

>Did the machine shop deck your heads and grind and polish your crank?
            So you have to run to a shop to save you when things get bad? Failed male.

>I’ve changed dozens of head gaskets, it’s nothing special, indeed it’s Mexican work, now lemme see your hands
            Only dozens? Get the frick out, baby.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Broke lazy ass scrub.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

just spent 8k on a single rifle, aint broke
            also own a house

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

So... where are the news articles from before AC was in cars, about people dropping dead en masse?

I drove a car with no AC when I was in high school. Was it fun on super hot days? No. Did I die? No.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>So... where are the news articles from before AC was in cars, about people dropping dead en masse?
        No one left alive to write them.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Shivers=timbered
          Flabbers=gasted
          Illuminati=confrimed
          Hotel=trivago

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Fricking lol the car isn't scrap just because of the fricking A/C and exhaust system. Pay less and fix it yourself or don't fix it period.
    You've had this car for years, are aware of the work that has been done on it, and based on your posts it doesn't look like a complete piece of shit. I'd just hold onto it if I were you. You'll spend way more money on a used car than if you just repaired/tuned-up the Xterra, and a used car could end up being its own nightmare if the owner(s) only cleaned it up just enough to sell.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>he hasn't taken the AC delete pill

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Used car market still sucks, even if your dad does the repairs and hands it off atleast you know you have a vehicle thats been well maintained for a decade and your little bro will probably frick it up anyway.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It’s also gonna be good for OP’s brother because OP knows what’s gone on in the car and it’s little issues that could help him trouble shoot shit in the future.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *