• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>IFS

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

all the ones near me have a lot of rust

4. 2 months ago
    s10fag

Arent the valve cover gaskets part of the valve covers on the 4.0? intake manifold? I remember finding something ridiculously stupid that made me back out of buying a newer navara.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yes, they're plastic but fortunately the valve cover is a 100-120k/10 year lifespan item and costs $55 each from Nissan with the gaskets.

The bigger more annoying problem is that you have to pull the intake manifold top plenum to do the spark plugs or remove the valve covers

The real problem with the VQ40 is the god awful gas mileage (great horsepower though, my Pathfinder does 0-60 in 7.5s and tows 6500lbs but gets 12-17mpg) and the timing chains wearing out (worse on 05-12 models). cats can also shit the bed and send catalyst material into the motor which is where they burn oil since the primary cats are right off the headers

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It comes with a first aid kit. This is why 99% of people buy them.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

But you can buy a first aid kit for $25 and put it in any shitbox

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

But you can buy a first aid kit for $25 and put it in any shitbox

Why does Nissan do this? Even Infiniti has one

6. 2 months ago
    Thread Rater

They’re actual garbage but the subercharged models are highly sought after for some reason.

4/10

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

My neighbor had a supercharged Frontier, crashed it into her own house.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

nigsan survives off of financing the dumbest "people" on the planet so thats not a surprise

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>They’re actual garbage
      give me five reasons tripgay

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Nissan
        >see above x 4

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's a great budget rock crawler with a proven design that doesn't have a meme tax like a 4Runner since Nissan was too busy destroying its brand image selling cuckboxes with self-destructing transmissions for the past 15 years and stubbornly refusing to change course.

Frontiers are also great budget alternatives to Tacomas for similar reasons.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My brother has one, I have an XJ. When we go off road he keeps up just fine. I like his interior a lot more but I would hate to work on it.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

N

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You can get them in manual. So that's cool.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>voluntarily ditching the torque converter option in an offroader
      Mutts obsessed with manny trannies are truly moronic

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

If you do crawling or mudding yeah I can understand. But going down actual mountain trails you want that direct low range connection only a manual can offer. With an auto you still have an out of control vehicle going down hill, even in low range lowest gear, which is why hill descent is considered necessary by auto gays these days and that just uses brakes.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>you want that direct low range connection only a manual can offer
          How is that different mechanically, I wonder?
          >With an auto you still have an out of control vehicle going down hill, even in low range lowest gear
          Idk, my autos engine brake pretty gud on mountain roads, can't really complain.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

LS swap it

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *